Sakura 8

Comments

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,270
    jakiblue said:

Yeeeah. Hmm, she does. I kinda like the pointy nose look......and I know that's what they look in anime....but it often really looks like there is a white line down her forehead and nose.  

jakiblue said:

The incredibly sharp crease down the middle of her face is REALLY noticeable in a lot of the promos and is bugging me something chronic. Is that a lighting thing, or is her face really that sharp?

She has a very sharp face.

She comes with a lot of morphs and you can soften her face quite a bit.

• ImagoImago Posts: 4,858

Looks nice, now I hope 3dUniverse will convert to G8 Sam, Sadie and all their toon chars!

• jakiblue said:

In the main promo for the base, this one, what is the orange, red and white outfit she is wearing? Also the red shirt and short skirt in the 5th pop up, this one, and finally, the 11th pop up, the sci fi one with the black bodysuit... this one,  - i think the arms are from DarioFish's "more than human" but I didn't think there was a G8 version of that, so I'm wondering if it means they are the G3F version autofit to G8? (they autofit surprisingly well). And finally AGAIN.... lol....the 8th popup with the "garage kits mats and shaders"....it says "hair mat"...is that for a particular hair, or is it a shader to use on any hair to get that look? 

Surprises me that the base figure has promos using clothing and stuff that's not included in the pro bundle. 

Totally agree! i went zipping to buy pro bundle just to realize most of the stuff in the promos werent actually included. Talk about annoying. Nor is the nurse outfit, the hair with two bobby pins, teh pig tail hair with bows, and the open-except-for-one-button outfit.   A bit misleading. And is that toon shader for Iray even available?

https://www.daz3d.com/sketchy-toon-edge-and-art-style-shaders-for-iray

And that eyelash render, how much postwork is that, or are those shaders available?

Yeah I'd like to know this too.

• RedzRedz Posts: 1,459

Yes, I was hoping to see her mixed in with say Charlotte. Blend. :)

I don’t think she’s going to mix well face-wise with other characters, as the anime eyes add-on look to be pretty much all or nothing. (The head morph requires the eyes add-on, and the add-on requires the full head morph to look right.) However, as someone else mentioned, she does come with a range of her own face and body morphs and the G8 face morphs seem to work quite well on her, so she shouldn’t be too difficult to customize. 

• JamesJABJamesJAB Posts: 1,760
    edited December 2017
    jakiblue said:

The incredibly sharp crease down the middle of her face is REALLY noticeable in a lot of the promos and is bugging me something chronic. Is that a lighting thing, or is her face really that sharp?

Yes, by default she does.  But she also comes with a bunch of new morphs that are catagorized under "Stylized" for most of her body and face parts.

Quick and easy to round out her nose and chin.

Sakura8_08.png
    1920 x 1080 - 1M
    Post edited by JamesJAB on
  • jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281

hmm ok that looks better. (man, that is a Shirley Temple mouth! LOL ) Her eye textures have those "highlights" baked in don't they?  

JamesJAB said:
    jakiblue said:

Yes, by default she does.  But she also comes with a bunch of new morphs that are catagorized under "Stylized" for most of her body and face parts.

• I'm sorry, but she looks absolutely horrifying to me. The bug-eyed anime look does not translate well to 3D IMHO and this is just.... creepy. Yuck. 

• jakiblue said:

hmm ok that looks better. (man, that is a Shirley Temple mouth! LOL ) Her eye textures have those "highlights" baked in don't they? 

Yep. She has a sort of cornea that goes over the whole thing, though, so theoretically you could eschew painted on highlights and get real ones.

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281

I suppose tho that's the anime look - those big white spots on the eyes. Realistic eyes wouldn't look right on her. Just....I prefer getting the highlights with lighting.  

jakiblue said:

Yep. She has a sort of cornea that goes over the whole thing, though, so theoretically you could eschew painted on highlights and get real ones.

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,270
    edited December 2017
    jakiblue said:

JamesJAB said:
    jakiblue said:

She comes with over 50 eye colors and quite a few different iris designs - they all have a baked-in highlight, but the highlights vary greatly from a tiny highlight to really big highlights depending on the eye option you pick.

Post edited by 3Diva on
  • JamesJABJamesJAB Posts: 1,760
    jakiblue said:

JamesJAB said:
    jakiblue said:

Yes the eye highlights are baked onto the textures. :(
    The lips have morphs to customize with.  In my render she's making a face, so her lips look a bit exagerated.

• Hmmm. My eyelash presets aren't working for Sakura. I can manually apply them but they're too short/barely show up... any one know this problem? 

• y3kmany3kman Posts: 765
    edited December 2017

Hmmm. My eyelash presets aren't working for Sakura. I can manually apply them but they're too short/barely show up... any one know this problem? 

They look fine for me. Have you tried using the sliders? LashUpper A Length needs to be in negative value (eg. -200%) to increase its length, though.

Post edited by y3kman on
  • And if those morphs are not enough and you want to change her face more, here are some preview (skin tones, eyeliners and lip colors are included) from my upcoming pack.

StoryBook-1.jpg
    1999 x 780 - 397K
    StoryBook-2.jpg
    1990 x 1573 - 423K
    StoryBook-3.jpg
    997 x 835 - 174K
  • LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770

And if those morphs are not enough and you want to change her face more, here are some preview (skin tones, eyeliners and lip colors are included) from my upcoming pack.

These are delightful! They remind me of "Living Dolls" that were popular when I was a kid. Sakura looks great and is definitely going on my wishlist. I don't use a lot of toon or anime characters in my commercial renders but I do have a soft spot for them. The character and bundle look very nicely done.

• LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770
    jakiblue said:

Yeeeah. Hmm, she does. I kinda like the pointy nose look......and I know that's what they look in anime....but it often really looks like there is a white line down her forehead and nose.  

jakiblue said:

She comes with a lot of morphs and you can soften her face quite a bit.

Ooh, I really like this one. Diva. She reminds me of someone here, can't think of who at the moment. 

• And if those morphs are not enough and you want to change her face more, here are some preview (skin tones, eyeliners and lip colors are included) from my upcoming pack.

Oh those are super lovely! I hope it comes out with the outfits from all those promos.... 

• hyteckithyteckit Posts: 167
    lx said:

Character looks great, deal for new customers looks great.

...Nothing for those that actually bought those two previous bundles at all? Or has it just not shown up yet?

Edit:

I'm seeing Sakura Pro and extras at 69% off but Sakura herself and items from her bundle at only 61%

So 20% offer for owners of the pro bundles on the new pro bundle..? I'm not good at Daz math.

Well. I'm only getting 51% off Sakura Pro bundle and 61% off addons. So your 61% sounds great.

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714

I'm SO GLAD she's finally out! Keeping my mouth shut about her has been hard - because she's so cute! lol Now I can finally show some renders of her from a pose and expression set for her I'm working on. :)

Yeh, me too... Too much cuteness and attitude.

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714
    lx said:

There should be 2 hairs in a pro bundle (at least based on every other pro bundle for years now.)

The base image on the anime bun hair is messed up too. Going to hold off to see if things sort themselves out.

Well it currently shows only 10 items in the pro bundle; Charlotte for example has 12. I was surprised to see that I must admit, I'm hoping it's an error as others have been reporting issues.

• CypherFOXCypherFOX Posts: 3,401

Greetings,

The Pro Bundle clearly suggests that the Long Pigtail Anime Hair should be part of it...it has a promo picture OF the LPAH in its list, and the LPAH doesn't show up on the list of add-ons, so I think they just forgot to include it in the Pro Bundle list, and it'll be fixed in the morning when folks come in.

--  Morgan

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 14,997
    edited December 2017

Reporting Sakura 8 base figure did appear in my DIM for download.  I bought the bundle at 6:30 Eastern Time, US.  Thank you to folks who submitted the ticket and to Daz for addressing quickly.

Divamakeup, your renders are spot on.  Killing my bank account, but great illustrations of what I wanted to see before I bought.   I am one of those who enjoys toon and other stylized looks. 

Will have to review the eye-gap issue.  Hoping that it is only part of extreme rotations or odd camera closeups.  Maybe can conjure up some morph fixes via the bridge to Hex if need be.

EDIT: Long Pigtail Anime Hair did not get included yet.

EDIT2:  Long Pigtail Anime Hair appeared in my DIM list.  Thank you Daz for responding quickly.

Post edited by Diomede on
  • I’m probably the only one who doensnt like her

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,296
    edited December 2017

She doesn't mix particullarly well with other morphs mainly due to the eyes.

I can't seem to find a way to add the eyebrows lashes and eyes seperately only by loading the full preset. When I loaded a Sakura Preset in and unfitted and unparented the eybrows and then fitted them to a G8F base  they don't follow the morphs.

LashLower A Length - doesn't appear to do anything (however far I push the dials)

The extra morphs that she comes with though are rather useful which is why I'm keeping her, if it wasn't for these she would be very limited.

The Eye Scales morph changes the size of the Irises and the Iris Scales Morph increases the size of the pupils.

I have mixed her here but had to scale the eyes (not Sakura's to fit the sockets) the texture and eye texture is from the Toon generations. There was a lot of fiddling to get things to work, the eyebrows are only parented.

Sakura2.jpg
    750 x 1000 - 133K
    Post edited by scorpio on
  • CrescentCrescent Posts: 318
    edited December 2017

Here you go, DAZ:

wallet1.jpg
    500 x 317 - 39K
    Post edited by Crescent on
  • I’m probably the only one who doensnt like her

You're not the only one. I think she's grotesque and hideous. * shudder*

• erostewerostew Posts: 214
    edited December 2017

Long Pigtail Anime Hair product is glitched.

Page url linked from  https://www.daz3d.com/sakura-8-promotion  is  https://www.daz3d.com/long-pigtail-anime-hair which says I don't own it. SKU is 44295. Product name is Long Pigtail Anime Hair. Page only lists Genesis 3 Female compatibility.

If I go through Product Library the Product is called Long Pigtail Anime Hair for Genesis 3 and 8 Female(s) and there is no link for the Product Page. SKU shown in the Download link is 49321. It does download but I haven't installed it to see if it works correctly.

Looks like the hair was updated to have G8F compatibility and then a new SKU was isssued without a corresponding product or some other wierdness like that. I imagine they'll figure things out eventually, LOL.

Post edited by erostew on
  • Half LifeHalf Life Posts: 479
    edited December 2017

I created a Iray skin setting for her that is a bit richer in color and corrects the issue with the reflectivity within the eye (Pupil and Iris) and a few other odds and ends.

Enjoy!

zip
    zip
    Isekai for Sakura 8.zip
    Sakura 8 New Skin.jpg
    1119 x 863 - 101K
    Post edited by Half Life on
  • Is it possible to use Genesis 8 Female clothing, hair, morphs, poses and animations with Sakura 8?

• I did not see this one coming.  I was thinking we would get something similar to Aiko.  It’s a cute character but not something I can use.  There was one clothing item in the bundle that I could use a few parts of in another situation so I got that and it’s associated texture sets.