Sakura 8

Comments

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281

Sakura is Genesis 8. So I don't see why not?

Is it possible to use Genesis 8 Female clothing, hair, morphs, poses and animations with Sakura 8?

• JamesJABJamesJAB Posts: 1,760

Is it possible to use Genesis 8 Female clothing, hair, morphs, poses and animations with Sakura 8?

Yes, she is still part of the Genesis 8 Female family.
    All of your existing G8F clothing and hair and morphs will work just fine. 
    Poses and animations will need a little adjustment the same as any other character shape.

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281

Yeah that's odd. The store page lists Genesis 3 Female as a requirement, not G8. And the readme and the filelist all mention Genesis 3 Female, no Genesis 8 at all.  

erostew said:

Long Pigtail Anime Hair product is glitched.

Page url linked from  https://www.daz3d.com/sakura-8-promotion  is  https://www.daz3d.com/long-pigtail-anime-hair which says I don't own it. SKU is 44295. Product name is Long Pigtail Anime Hair. Page only lists Genesis 3 Female compatibility.

If I go through Product Library the Product is called Long Pigtail Anime Hair for Genesis 3 and 8 Female(s) and there is no link for the Product Page. SKU shown in the Download link is 49321. It does download but I haven't installed it to see if it works correctly.

Looks like the hair was updated to have G8F compatibility and then a new SKU was isssued without a corresponding product or some other wierdness like that. I imagine they'll figure things out eventually, LOL.

• REALLY CUTE!!!!

But are we going to have a boy? I promise myself if a stylized female doesn't have a boy counterpart I can't justify buying the her.

• 3dOutlaw3dOutlaw Posts: 2,470
    edited December 2017

Hey all, I was late to see the release!  Very excited about this character!

Speaking of eyes, I've got an add-on pending the Daz store commercial release that has new spherical eyes. - LINK

Hoping it to be released very soon!  There is a thread in the commercial forums (link just above) with more pics, but here is a promo:

Post edited by 3dOutlaw on
  • wsterdanwsterdan Posts: 2,339

But are we going to have a boy? I promise myself if a stylized female doesn't have a boy counterpart I can't justify buying the her.

Ditto; gone are my days of snapping up characters like Keiko and then not being able to use them to the fullest because they’re a single-gender race. Until official word comes down that a male will follow, I’m going to pass. With Keiko, a couple of artists here did some amazing work mocking up a passable male, but for the amount of extra work and expense, and the inability to fully use and mix other male DNA, I’ll pass. I’m still hurting a little because we never got a female Morpheus. sad

— Walt Sterdan

• 3dOutlaw3dOutlaw Posts: 2,470

Here is the "coming soon" commercial thread link for the eyes I mention above, so don't let those eye movement concerns prevent you from trying her out!  They did a great job with this figure!  A ton of extra's that I did not expect were included.  Very fun character!  laugh

• 3dOutlaw said:

Hey all, I was late to see the release!  Very excited about this character!

Speaking of eyes, I've got an add-on pending the Daz store commercial release that has new spherical eyes.

Hoping it to be released very soon!  I'll post a thread in the commercial forums with more pics, but here is a promo:

Look forward to seeing your add-on in the stores!

Trish

• HavosHavos Posts: 5,291
    JamesJAB said:

Yes, she is still part of the Genesis 8 Female family.
    All of your existing G8F clothing and hair and morphs will work just fine. 
    Poses and animations will need a little adjustment the same as any other character shape.

Given what others have said, existing head morphs are likely to be tricky to mix with Sakura due to her extreme eyes.

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,140

I’m probably the only one who doensnt like her

Nah, you're not ;)

• Sort of glad this is the one released now..I was thinking she'd be an asian character like Mei Lin, and then I'd have to ante up!

Sakura is kind of cute, but I don't really have a need for a toony character. Something about that seam down her nose stands out though, have to say, I like Keiko's face a little more, seems a bit more rounded but still anime..

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,637

Finally, a stereotypical anime female head/character from Daz! Good one. I bet there's a Bishonen in our near future, too. RareStone is rare indeed.

• larsmidnattlarsmidnatt Posts: 4,511
    edited December 2017

wow she's cute!

I'm happy to see a really stylized offical release. she's got a great support bundle too. I didn't really get into some of last gens toons, missed most of them actually. Some I didn't even know existed!

But this gal caught my eye imediately. 

Also I'm a sucker for getting prior generations bundles included for free. Daz releases so many figures that I have to ignore the majority of them. So I tend to be missing stuff. This time around I get callie and the last bits of keiko's collection I missed. 

time to download stuff and render ^_^

Post edited by larsmidnatt on
  • scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,296

Sort of glad this is the one released now..I was thinking she'd be an asian character like Mei Lin, and then I'd have to ante up!

Sakura is kind of cute, but I don't really have a need for a toony character. Something about that seam down her nose stands out though, have to say, I like Keiko's face a little more, seems a bit more rounded but still anime..

Its not a seam what I think you are seeing is lighting shadows and highlights causing the sharp angles of her face to look a bit odd.

• scorpio said:

Sort of glad this is the one released now..I was thinking she'd be an asian character like Mei Lin, and then I'd have to ante up!

Its not a seam what I think you are seeing is lighting shadows and highlights causing the sharp angles of her face to look a bit odd.

Ah, lighting issues then..Doesn't really matter too much as I don't have a need for toony right now, but some of the morphed pics people have posted are cute..

• Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621

She reminds me of M Jackson, glad I'm not into this anime thing;)

edited December 2017

I'm amazed at how many shaping morphs she came with, such a treasure. The breasts, ribcage, thigh and waist morph adjustments are well thought out and I really appreciate the extra effort. 

they really help you style her the way you want, and makes her a platform moreso than most characters these days. I'm sure she will be useful for many years to come.

OMG i spoke too soon, finding even more customization morphs for the face. woot, such a good package.

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,296

I'm amazed at how many shaping morphs she came with, such a treasure. The breasts, ribcage, thigh and waist morph adjustments are well thought out and I really appreciate the extra effort. 

Its the thing that makes her worth keeping.

• CrescentCrescent Posts: 318

Hopefully they do come out with the male counterpart, but worst case scenario you can use unhide the G8 male clone and use that as a morph to make a male figure.  The fingers need joint center tweaking and I'd probably use a few morphs to make the face a little more masculine, but out of the box the results are pretty decent.

SakuraBoy.png
    430 x 600 - 68K
  • jaxprogjaxprog Posts: 312

I want to take this time on this thread (since its Sakura 8 thread) to thank Daz3D for creating a "Keiko 8" figure.  Its not Keiko 8 by name, but Sakura 8 is Keiko in spirit, theme and form. 

Thank you Daz for listening to us and taking our requests to heart. I (and I am sure others) appreciate your the time you invested in and other PA's who contributed to Sakura's develop. You have given to me and others and I give right back to you by purchasing it. Thank you again. This is wonderful and awesome.

edited December 2017

btw, sorry i didn't read all thread. but is it known that the advertised long pigtail hair is giving me a 404? EDIT: guess it doesn't matter i was able to download it.

also, where is the race queen outfit and that hair. *sob sob*

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,742
    Crescent said:

Hopefully they do come out with the male counterpart, but worst case scenario you can use unhide the G8 male clone and use that as a morph to make a male figure.  The fingers need joint center tweaking and I'd probably use a few morphs to make the face a little more masculine, but out of the box the results are pretty decent.

NIce!  I'd like to see a bit more DNA in this pool, but at least GenX users should be able to fudge some companion figures together using a mix of various other toon morphs on Genesis 3.  Personally, based on what's hjappened with the last several generations, I think that the odds of DAZ putting out an official male companion are pretty slim, but I expect that there will be at least a few PAs and freebie artists who'll put out some "masculinized" versions of Sakura herself. 

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,512

She looks great. I dont' render toons but I'm sure plenty will be pleased with her.

Same here. I like watching anime, but have no desire to render it.Those that do, enjoy!

• WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,683
    edited December 2017
    Crescent said:

Wait, what is "Unhide G8 male clone?" And where do I find that?

Post edited by Wonderland on
  • WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,683

Can anyone try mixing her with Dolly and/or Josie? Curious to see what that looks like...

• DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 2,882

Some of the promos look really cute.

Some just... don't work for me.

For those that like her, enjoy, but like Keiko before her, I think I'll pass and wait for Aiko/Kenji (assuming he sold well enough last time to show up this generation.)

edited December 2017

Can anyone try mixing her with Dolly and/or Josie? Curious to see what that looks like...

She mixes pretty poorly with the default eyes she comes with IMO. I haven't tired those two shapes you mentioned as I haven't purchased them. But in general her new eyes aren't working well other faces. which is abnormal even for a toon character.

I'm going to try not using her character preset with the new eye sockets. going to see how bad it is using her head witha  normal set of eyes.

someone said they were going to sell spherical eyes for her, can't wait for that.

• ThatGuyThatGuy Posts: 794

I like Sakura 8.  I think she is the perfect Anime character, certainly looks better than Star, IMOP, and snatched up the Pro Bundle as well as a couple of add-ons.

I guess this could mean that there will probably be no Aiko 8 coming out?  I sure hope not.  I am still hopeful that they have not retired Aiko.

edited December 2017
    ThatGuy said:

I like Sakura 8.  I think she is the perfect Anime character, certainly looks better than Star, IMOP, and snatched up the Pro Bundle as well as a couple of add-ons.

I guess this could mean that there will probably be no Aiko 8 coming out?  I sure hope not.  I am still hopeful that they have not retired Aiko.

Aiko hasn't been "anime" for a few generations. Since Hitomi came out really. That was when they shifted Aiko to being more like a japanese RPG character (ie modern final fantasy) than an actual "anime" looking gal. Aiko has her place, but she shifted a long time ago. I expect she will be back this generation and will likely fit into her own universe as always.

in the past few years (since hitomi) Daz has experimented with anime-like figures. So I think Sakura is just a continuation of that, and in no way negatively impacts Aiko. 

• CrescentCrescent Posts: 318

Here's a quick render of Sakura and Dolly together, each at 50%.  I dialed in the morphs so it's using the regular G8 eyes.  I had to adjust them a bit on the x and z positions, but the eyes probably need a little more tweaking.  

I think the G8 male clone is included with the G8 female.  To get to the morph:

1. Select the Genesis 8 Female body.
    2. In the Parameters tab, click the menu options to the side and select "Show Hidden Properties".
    3. Make sure you have "All" selected and drill down - Genesis 8 Female: Hidden:  Clones.
    4. You should have a Genesis 8 Male dial in there that's greyed out.  Set it to 100%.

Cheers!

SakuraDolly.png
    398 x 449 - 68K
    SakuraDolly1.png
    397 x 500 - 89K
    Clone.gif
    320 x 347 - 20K