Sakura 8

Comments

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,276

Can someone check the eyes? Are they huge round balls that can be rotated, or more like flat planes? The iris distortion on a lot of the characters has me extremely worried.

Due to them being Anime-Like, the eyes aren't big round balls like "real human" eyes. They're not perfectly flat, but they aren't totally around either. 

Boo. See the Precious figures for anime style eyes that can still rotate and otherwise behave normally, I was really hoping that example would carry over into new figures.

lol Her eyes do rotate.

How, if they're not round? The socket wouldn't align to the eye anymore.

I didn't say they weren't round, I said "They're not perfectly flat, but they aren't totally around either."

Her eyes aren't spheres, but they're rounded enough to rotate to look around. Daz wouldn't make a character who's eyes wouldn't move. lol

Once people can download her.... how does she blend?

She bends like any other figure, I guess. lol Not sure what you mean by "how does she bend", but here's a bendy-ish render. lol 

kyoto kid said:

...Divamakeup, you just broke my Cute-O-Meter (and possibly my bank account).

Hehe She's quite adorable, IMO! My new favorite figure (well, tied with Charlotte 8). :)

• Can someone check the eyes? Are they huge round balls that can be rotated, or more like flat planes? The iris distortion on a lot of the characters has me extremely worried.

Due to them being Anime-Like, the eyes aren't big round balls like "real human" eyes. They're not perfectly flat, but they aren't totally around either. 

Boo. See the Precious figures for anime style eyes that can still rotate and otherwise behave normally, I was really hoping that example would carry over into new figures.

lol Her eyes do rotate.

I didn't say they weren't round, I said "They're not perfectly flat, but they aren't totally around either."

Her eyes aren't spheres, but they're rounded enough to rotate to look around. Daz wouldn't make a character who's eyes wouldn't move. lol

Mathematically, they have to be spherical (or a partial sphere) to be able to rotate freely and still contact the edges of the eye socket without a bunch of correction morphs.

Going to get her and check her out.

• Customer libraries should be fixed as well as promo pages.

• JamesJABJamesJAB Posts: 1,760
    edited December 2017

See, her eyes do move!

Sakura8_05.png
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
    Sakura8_06.png
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
    Post edited by JamesJAB on
  • Can someone check the eyes? Are they huge round balls that can be rotated, or more like flat planes? The iris distortion on a lot of the characters has me extremely worried.

lol Her eyes do rotate.

Mathematically, they have to be spherical (or a partial sphere) to be able to rotate freely and still contact the edges of the eye socket without a bunch of correction morphs.

And I was right. The eyes don't fit the socket when they turn.

Looking Straight

Looking Right

See the huge gap? I color it black here to make it more noticeable.

What they've done, instead of using round eyes, is to make a kind of collar that encircles the entire eyeball, the same color as the eyeball, so when there's a gap you see through to the collar. This is an abolutely bizarre design choice, since the collar is never actually going to render the same color as the eyeball in almost any real use case.

Bonus shot of the collar, colored black.

Why.

1.png
    553 x 423 - 154K
    2.png
    553 x 423 - 156K
    3.png
    553 x 423 - 154K
    4.png
    553 x 423 - 142K

Can someone check the eyes? Are they huge round balls that can be rotated, or more like flat planes? The iris distortion on a lot of the characters has me extremely worried.

lol Her eyes do rotate.

I wouldn't recommend extreme eye poses, but regular eye poses are good:

• Once people can download her.... how does she blend?

She bends like any other figure, I guess. lol Not sure what you mean by "how does she bend", but here's a bendy-ish render. lol

*psst* that was bLend, not bend ;)
    I think they wanted to know like 50% Sakura with 30% V8 - how's it look? (kind of thing).

lol Her eyes do rotate.

Looking Straight

Looking Right

What they've done, instead of using round eyes, is to make a kind of collar that encircles the entire eyeball, the same color as the eyeball, so when there's a gap you see through to the collar. This is an abolutely bizarre design choice, since the collar is never actually going to render the same color as the eyeball in almost any real use case.

Why.

Please submit a ticket on this.

edited December 2017

Once people can download her.... how does she blend?

I think they wanted to know like 50% Sakura with 30% V8 - how's it look? (kind of thing).

/DOH! lol Oops, sorry! heheh It's past 1:30 AM here and I'm a bit punch drunk from lack of sleep. lol Sorry for misreading your post, @dreamfarmer

Thanks for the heads up on my reading mistake, Silent Winter. :)

Post edited by 3Diva on

lol Her eyes do rotate.

Looking Straight

Looking Right

Why.

I've been working with her for a couple weeks now creating poses and expressions for her and I haven't had any issues with her eyes. Honestly it sounds like you're making an issue out of nothing - but that's just my opinion.

lol Her eyes do rotate.

Looking Straight

Looking Right

Why.

Please submit a ticket on this.

Just did.

• Once people can download her.... how does she blend?

/DOH! lol Oops, sorry! heheh It's past 1:30 AM here and I'm a bit punch drunk from lack of sleep. lol Sorry for misreading your post, @dreamfarmer

Thanks for the heads up on my reading mistake, Silent Winter. :)

LOL - time for sleep - or coffee ;)

• lx_2807502lx_2807502 Posts: 2,996

Oh, so it's basically an updated version of the way Star 7's eyes worked, which had weird issues at some angles.

I'm not really against this considering how awful anime characters with sphere eyes tend to look to me.

I don't really understand why it would it be ticketworthy if that's the design?

• lx said:

Oh, so it's basically an updated version of the way Star 7's eyes worked, which had weird issues at some angles.

I'm not really against this considering how awful anime characters with sphere eyes tend to look to me.

Because you can make eyes like this that actually work. Broken design is broken design. Look at Precious. Her eyes rotate and do not have this problem, because Lady Littlefox designed them exceptionally well. A DAZ flagship figure having huge gaps between eyeball and socket is not good, and it makes it much harder to design characters based off the morph, trying to balance pokethrough and gaps with any custom eye morphs.

• M F M said:

Earlier,

JOdel said:

But the base character doesn't show up in the downloads, and while the Bundle *claims* to include the character, her thumbnail isn't among the products included.

Time to fill out a ticket.

And a Dreamlight tutorial shows up in the bundle instead of the character. Definitely time to fill out a ticket.

I can confirm that the base Sakura 8 does not appear in DIM or in my products page after getting Pro bundle. Ticket submitted.

At this point in time, the base Sakura 8 _does_ show up in my DIM (and my products page), after getting the Pro bundle. (^_^)d

I am now also able to download Sakura via DIM, but her shapes and morphs aren't working. This is a default load right from the products.

Capture.PNG
    1255 x 889 - 467K

lol Her eyes do rotate.

Looking Straight

Looking Right

Why.

I've been working with her for a couple weeks now creating poses and expressions for her and I haven't had any issues with her eyes. Honestly it sounds like you're making an issue out of nothing - but that's just my opinion.

Weird, it took me about five seconds after loading her to replicate the bug that I knew existed just because her eyeballs aren't round. devil

• M F M said:
    JOdel said:

But the base character doesn't show up in the downloads, and while the Bundle *claims* to include the character, her thumbnail isn't among the products included.

Time to fill out a ticket.

And a Dreamlight tutorial shows up in the bundle instead of the character. Definitely time to fill out a ticket.

I can confirm that the base Sakura 8 does not appear in DIM or in my products page after getting Pro bundle. Ticket submitted.

At this point in time, the base Sakura 8 _does_ show up in my DIM (and my products page), after getting the Pro bundle. (^_^)d

I am now also able to download Sakura via DIM, but her shapes and morphs aren't working. This is a default load right from the products.

She loads okay for me, you may want to reinstall.

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281

In the main promo for the base, this one, what is the orange, red and white outfit she is wearing? Also the red shirt and short skirt in the 5th pop up, this one, and finally, the 11th pop up, the sci fi one with the black bodysuit... this one,  - i think the arms are from DarioFish's "more than human" but I didn't think there was a G8 version of that, so I'm wondering if it means they are the G3F version autofit to G8? (they autofit surprisingly well). And finally AGAIN.... lol....the 8th popup with the "garage kits mats and shaders"....it says "hair mat"...is that for a particular hair, or is it a shader to use on any hair to get that look? 

Surprises me that the base figure has promos using clothing and stuff that's not included in the pro bundle. 

edited December 2017

lol Her eyes do rotate.

Looking Straight

Looking Right

Why.

Weird, it took me about five seconds after loading her to replicate the bug that I knew existed just because her eyeballs aren't round. devil

They're not going to redesign her Anime Eyes to be perfectly round, because that's just not how anime eyes look. Again, I've had no issues with her eyes, but if you feel you need to report her eyes as a "bug", that's your prerogative. 

Post edited by 3Diva on
  • JamesJABJamesJAB Posts: 1,760
    edited December 2017

She comes with quite a few face customization morphs, and mixes well with the regular face morphs that I added into this render.

Sakura8_07.png
    1920 x 1080 - 1M
    Post edited by JamesJAB on
  • dreamfarmerdreamfarmer Posts: 2,128

Yes, I was hoping to see her mixed in with say Charlotte. Blend. :)

lol Her eyes do rotate.

Looking Straight

Looking Right

Why.

Again, I've had no issues with her eyes, but if you feel you need to report her eyes as a "bug", that's your perogative.

Yep, and I understand your point of view, but it is indeed my prerogative to think that being able to see deep into the inside of a cute girl's eye socket during normal range of motion is clearly a bug, not a feature.

They're not going to redesign her Anime Eyes to be perfectly round, because that's just now how anime eyes look.

Annnnnd that's not what I'm asking for, I'm asking for eyes that don't show copious amount of the inner socket when turned. They can still have oblong irises and everything. In fact there are multiple ways to fix this and none of them require non-anime-style eyes (remodeling around spherical eyes, however, is by far the easiest, again, see Precious).

Do I think this will ever be fixed? Not really.

The incredibly sharp crease down the middle of her face is REALLY noticeable in a lot of the promos and is bugging me something chronic. Is that a lighting thing, or is her face really that sharp?

• lx_2807502lx_2807502 Posts: 2,996
    lx said:

Because you can make eyes like this that actually work. Broken design is broken design. Look at Precious. Her eyes rotate and do not have this problem, because Lady Littlefox designed them exceptionally well. A DAZ flagship figure having huge gaps between eyeball and socket is not good, and it makes it much harder to design characters based off the morph, trying to balance pokethrough and gaps with any custom eye morphs.

Ah okay I haven't checked out Precious yet so hadn't seen it done right. Curious though because all signs made me sure that this was a Lady Littlefox character (extra morphs, materials etc. that most official figures will never bother with.)

jakiblue said:

Surprises me that the base figure has promos using clothing and stuff that's not included in the pro bundle. 

I'm still trying to work out what her hair in her main figure promo is, because that sure isn't in the bundle.

• jakiblue said:

The incredibly sharp crease down the middle of her face is REALLY noticeable in a lot of the promos and is bugging me something chronic. Is that a lighting thing, or is her face really that sharp?

She has a very sharp face.

Untitled-2.png
    649 x 753 - 129K
  • Richard John SRichard John S Posts: 389
    edited December 2017

She's finally working! After waiting a bit longer and re-downloading via connect, everything sorted itself out. Here is my first render of Sakura 8.

Sakura 8.jpg
    988 x 1080 - 533K
    Post edited by Richard John S on

Yeeeah. Hmm, she does. I kinda like the pointy nose look......and I know that's what they look in anime....but it often really looks like there is a white line down her forehead and nose.  

jakiblue said:

She has a very sharp face.

• DisparateDreamerDisparateDreamer Posts: 2,487
    edited December 2017
    jakiblue said:

In the main promo for the base, this one, what is the orange, red and white outfit she is wearing? Also the red shirt and short skirt in the 5th pop up, this one, and finally, the 11th pop up, the sci fi one with the black bodysuit... this one,  - i think the arms are from DarioFish's "more than human" but I didn't think there was a G8 version of that, so I'm wondering if it means they are the G3F version autofit to G8? (they autofit surprisingly well). And finally AGAIN.... lol....the 8th popup with the "garage kits mats and shaders"....it says "hair mat"...is that for a particular hair, or is it a shader to use on any hair to get that look? 

Totally agree! i went zipping to buy pro bundle just to realize most of the stuff in the promos werent actually included. Talk about annoying. Nor is the nurse outfit, the hair with two bobby pins, teh pig tail hair with bows, and the open-except-for-one-button outfit.   A bit misleading. And is that toon shader for Iray even available? And that eyelash render, how much postwork is that, or are those shaders available? 

lastly, no base poses for her???

Also, I can't tell what 

Post edited by DisparateDreamer on