Let's see your dForce renders/experiments/interesting results!

Comments

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479
    AllenArt said:

Man oh man...some clothes are just gonna look sooooo much better now :). 

Laurie

It really is exciting, isn't it? I've only tried dForce on newer clothes. I'm really interested to see low well it lets us use older clothing on the new figures.

• sberlinssberlins Posts: 128
    L'Adair said:
    AllenArt said:

Man oh man...some clothes are just gonna look sooooo much better now :). 

Laurie

It really is exciting, isn't it? I've only tried dForce on newer clothes. I'm really interested to see low well it lets us use older clothing on the new figures.

I've had the Hawiian Royal Cape for years and could never get it to do anything but sit there as a flat diskcrying

But it gets a whole new life with version 4.10.  Also, no problem at all with the simulation by arms being close to body.

Her lover returns.jpg
    1541 x 1863 - 2M
  • Daywalker DesignsDaywalker Designs Posts: 3,586
    edited October 2017

Dynamic Jumper, take two...It fits much better after taking the time to create a full bodyshape morph to get rid of the usual breast area distortions. While the entire jumper is dynamic, the only area that's obviously so is the area around the legs. This one was a single frame sim; I will redo this tomorrow as a timeline sim so we can see the difference.

Jumper Test 2.png
    1000 x 1300 - 844K
    Post edited by Daywalker Designs on
  • Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,874

Some folks were complaining about fitting old stuff on new figures. I dunno. Complex outfits are going to be hard, yeah, but age doesn't matter.

Here's a Genesis dress (Bewitching) on G8F.

Bewitching.jpg
    668 x 1080 - 118K
  • JamesJABJamesJAB Posts: 1,760

dForce doing cool stuff!

edited October 2017

Here is a render of the new Sucubus Wings set as a dynamic object.  (Strength set to 0 on everything but the webbing)
    It works pretty good, but has some little issues here and there.

dForce05.png
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
    Post edited by JamesJAB on
  • 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,270

Llynara said:

LOL, thanks, Diva. I just lost my grandma last year and she was on my mind, though I didn't mean to do a dead grandma thing. I was thinking more of an older guardiant angel, but dead grandma it is!

@scorpio Spectacular images! G3 and G8 are looking mighty fine in those loose garments! devil

It reminded me of my grandma, whom we lost to cancer. ...Lung cancer of all things and she didn't smoke a day in her life. Your render is beautiful - a bittersweet render since it reminded me of her. I'm sorry you lost your grandma too. *big hugs*

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,270

I had a funny mishap with the Captain Cupcake jacket. The pockets and buttons fell off and it fell open. I made my girl look shocked and turned it into a fun moment instead of a "Argh! WHY!" moment. lol

I've decided to stay away from more complex outfits with buttons and ties and stuff until I learn how to use weight mapping better to fix them in place.

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,140

I had a funny mishap with the Captain Cupcake jacket. The pockets and buttons fell off and it fell open. I made my girl look shocked and turned it into a fun moment instead of a "Argh! WHY!" moment. lol

I've decided to stay away from more complex outfits with buttons and ties and stuff until I learn how to use weight mapping better to fix them in place.

LOL...the kind of wardrobe malfunction that could be useful in some situations ;)

Laurie

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    JamesJAB said:

dForce doing cool stuff!

I do hope that you don't mind me saying this, but having seen this image in several threads I just felt driven to mention it.  Have you ever tried supporting the whole weight of your upper body just on your head/neck?   Your poor model looks like she needs a little help from dforce

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634

good core strength Cho

• PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591

lol...must be Szark...

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479

Here is the final render using V4 Wizard Robe on a G3F character, (Wrath from Hinky Punk):

Wrath

Wrath, by L'Adair

For a better view of the dForce draping of the robe, check out this post in the dForce thread in The Commons.

edited October 2017
    Chohole said:
    JamesJAB said:

dForce doing cool stuff!

I do hope that you don't mind me saying this, but having seen this image in several threads I just felt driven to mention it.  Have you ever tried supporting the whole weight of your upper body just on your head/neck?   Your poor model looks like she needs a little help from dforce

Her contact points with the car are foot, butt, shoulders and left hand. (the shoulders and butt are about a millimeter above the car to avoid cloth explosions) Her head and neck are not in contact with the car.

Post edited by JamesJAB on
  • I've got a couple promos that didn't make it on to the Trumpet dress or texture add on pages. I give them to you here.

Beautiful work in this thread. Great job all.

red2.png
    1300 x 1000 - 2M
    grey1.png
    1200 x 1560 - 2M
    green3d.png
    1000 x 1300 - 2M
    dressp4.png
    1000 x 1300 - 2M
  • WilmapWilmap Posts: 2,917

Here's a quick render of my Sweet Spring Dress on G8. Just a plain simple render so not very good.

Dforce Sim 2.jpg
    800 x 640 - 231K
  • Chohole said:
    JamesJAB said:

dForce doing cool stuff!

When I was her (apparent) age? Absolutely. Often, even. 

These days, if I realize I actually left the house and haven't collapsed into a pile of meat for coyotes, I consider that a win.

• bluejauntebluejaunte Posts: 1,859
    edited October 2017

Will leave this here too. Dorky sister trying to mess up dForce but it ain't working.

Post edited by Chohole on
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 2,882
    edited October 2017

Well, this is comforting.  I may not be able to handle UV's for anything, but apparently I can make a dress that works with dForce.

I made this dress early in the days of Genesis 1, so that's who it's on.  The iray settings could probably be better...

The second one I had her spin around while posing.  Not sure why the floor disappeared in the render.

Dynamic Genesis Gown.png
    850 x 1400 - 1M
    Dynamic Genesis II.png
    850 x 1400 - 1M
    Post edited by DaWaterRat on
  • thistledownsnamethistledownsname Posts: 1,316
    edited October 2017

All right, here's my testing.  This is the bullet dodge pose from somewhere.  As you can see, the Austrani outfit had some trouble with it.

But with dforce, we're doing better!

Only applied dforce to the underskirt and the hood.  It doesn't like the vest for some reason, and the pants and boots shouldn't have it.

Post edited by thistledownsname on
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 2,882
    edited October 2017

One more.  This time the dress was autofit to Genesis 3 Female who was set up with a custom brew of morphs.

I had the pillars she's sitting on grow up out of the ground.

Dynamic Genesis IIi.png
    1600 x 1200 - 1M
    Post edited by DaWaterRat on
  • TabascoJackTabascoJack Posts: 865
    edited October 2017

Here's Beka in the Seductive Silk Dress for G3...

Beka - Spanish Rose@0,5x.jpg
    600 x 777 - 299K
    Post edited by TabascoJack on
  • LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770
    edited October 2017

Wow, there are some gorgeous renders here! Way to go everyone!

Highland Centaur

Here's my first attempt to drape a kilt on a centaur. Because...why not? This is the Highlander Outfit on Darwin's new character, Salvatore. I scaled up everything for the drape and scaled the heck out the backside. I played with settings and it became really wrinkly. I wish we had a 3D iron or some kind of brush tool to smooth things out. I shrunk it back down and set the smoothing to 10 so that it covered most of the backside.

I fixed a few things in postwork but couldn't straighten those front wrinkles out due to the geometric patterns in the plaid. So I left it as is. I'll try again soon, maybe with weight maps. My centaurs want more clothes! 

Post edited by Llynara on
  • dracorndracorn Posts: 2,333
    JamesJAB said:

Here is a render of the new Sucubus Wings set as a dynamic object.  (Strength set to 0 on everything but the webbing)
    It works pretty good, but has some little issues here and there.

Ooooh!  It works with WINGS!

I have some old wings by Arki that were created for Poser's Cloth Room and they don't work in Daz Studio - I'm eager to try them out now!

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,874

Oh wow, centaurs!

I use old fashioned 'place two figures' centaurs and clothing was always a problem.

Dforce will help that a lot!

• Aave NainenAave Nainen Posts: 1,108
    Llynara said:

Here's Opal for G3F in Aave Nainan's Romance dress. I wanted to drape it on someone with a less than perfect figure. I followed Aave's directions from the other thread

Just a tip for the adventurous souls out there.  Most of my existing store content will work with dForce with a bit of adjusting in Surface settings,  if you want to give it a try, as a first step turn Bend Stiffness down to  .15 - .30 after adding dForce modifier to the garment.  Set upper garment surfaces for instance: bodice,sleeves,collar to Dynamics Strength 0 to avoid excess stretch in those areas and give it a go!

Originally I forgot to adjust the pose to keep the hands from the body and got this: 

With pose adjusted: 

Finished render with postwork:  

The bottom still needs some more smoothing. I tried adding more frames but that didn't help. I just want to take my hand, reach in and tug it down. Not sure how to fix that. In VWD and in Optitex, you can drape an already draped pose to get a better look. When I try in dForce, no matter which method I use, it takes me back to T-pose.

Did you try the settings for Romance dress that I put up here?  https://www.sharecg.com/v/89600/browse/21/DAZ-Studio/Daz-Studio-dForce-settings_Aave-Nainen

edited October 2017

I think I did on one of your items, Aave, and still got it to blow up, but that was in the beta. Now that the full version is out, I'll try again. I need to go through and read up more on what some of the settings do. I think there's a lot to discover! 

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,500
    edited October 2017
    Lavana04pic03.jpg
    860 x 1080 - 282K
    Post edited by Artini on
  • FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,185

I tried the Medieval Princess dress for G3F here cause wanted to see how it would handle the oversized sleeves.  That dforce works on a dress not specifically designed for it is pretty cool.

edited October 2017

That looks very good, FirstBastion! I used VWD on this dress a few months ago for a book cover I made. It really does look great when it's draped! 

@Artini - love the Hedgehog! LOL I guess we should try draping some monsters too. Could be fun!