Let's see your dForce renders/experiments/interesting results!

Comments

• evilded777evilded777 Posts: 2,437

thanks @L'Adair.  Turning Self Collision off...seems nonsensical, but I will give that a try.  Thanks for the experiment and the pointers.

• JamesJABJamesJAB Posts: 1,760
    edited November 2017

Hopefully this works...   Here's Miranda Hair for Genesis 3 and 8 Females set as dynamic and animated.

Post edited by JamesJAB on
  • L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479

thanks @L'Adair.  Turning Self Collision off...seems nonsensical, but I will give that a try.  Thanks for the experiment and the pointers.

You're welcome, @evilded777. Like you, I would expect Self Collision to allow the object to collide with itself, instead of intersecting. However, what I've seen suggests having this property On causes the object to attempt to collide with itself. That may change in the future as dForce matures.

Here is the result of my experiment. It was definitely a learning experience.

Medieval Cloak, Image 1 of 6

To see this cloak from other angles, click on the links below. The images will open in a new window.

• JamesJABJamesJAB Posts: 1,760

Here's a sample walking animation using the same hair settings as my last post.

Scalp set to "Dynamics Strength" = 0.00
    Hair1 and Hair2 both set to "Dynamics Strength" = 0.80

• dawnbladedawnblade Posts: 1,723

Wanted to use Dforce on Rune Outfit for G3F, but I kept getting CL_MEM_OBJECT_ALLOCATION_FAILURE error with my 1080ti: 

"2017-11-15 10:38:06.578 WARNING: ..\..\..\src\dzopenclkernelfactory.cpp(30): Open CL notify: CL_MEM_OBJECT_ALLOCATION_FAILURE error executing CL_COMMAND_NDRANGE_KERNEL on GeForce GTX 1080 Ti (Device 0)."

So here is the Trendy Fun Outfit for G3Fsmiley

I used Animated Timeline Playrange. For Collision Mode in Simulation Settings, I used Best, and I applied the Dynamic Surface Modifier to the top and skirt.
    Trendy Fun Top: For Simulation under Surfaces, I set Friction to .20 and Dynamics Strength to .55. These settings helped prevent the bra part of the top from pulling away from the band below it.
    Trendy Fun Skirt: For Simulation under Surfaces, I set Friction to .20. I also set the built-in Skirt Widen Tummy morph to 20%. These settings allowed me to keep Dynamics Strength at 100% instead of dropping it to 50%, and also prevented stray threads from appearing at the top of the skirt and poke-through.

For kicks I applied the Dynamic Surface Modifier to the necklace, and it immediately exploded when I hit the Simulate button. I have 3 Dforce options (Add Dforce Modifier: Static Surface, Add Dforce Modifier: Dynamic Surface, and Add Dforce Modifier: Dynamic Surface Add-On), so I don't know how to remove the modifier from the necklace. Clear doesn't do it either, so I just deleted the necklace and added it back in.

DforceTestTrendyFun.jpg
    1280 x 1280 - 1M
  • SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,643

Wow Dawn I think it turned out fantastic!!!

I am still in the messing around with DForce stages right now as soon as I come up with a good enough scene with it I will post my results.

• dawnbladedawnblade Posts: 1,723

Thanks Saphirewild!

• PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591

Great work everyone...

Much thanks to those who have posted a process like First Bastion and L'Adair

• Here is one I did today. I used dForce on the Morphing Dress for Genesis on a Genesis 3 character. I also used a facegen morph of Kate Hudson on her face. Tell me what you think.

• Grafx StudioGrafx Studio Posts: 93
    edited November 2017

Everytime I try to post it won't let me not sure what I'm doing wrong.

Post edited by Chohole on
  • mephoriamephoria Posts: 120
    edited November 2017

For me, the perfect wardrobe items would allow printed materials that didn't warp badly when applied to different body shapes. That used to be pretty much impossible, but dForce finally allows this to work. In this shot, both Olympia 6 and Genesis 2 Male (with some "chubby" morphs) are wearing exactly identical t-shirts, purchased at the same time, from the same shop, in identical sizes. Like any good t-shirts, they stretch to fit without distorting the decals on the chests.

The shirt is my own model, designed for clean topology which closely simulates that of a real shirt. It is unrigged, and I used the animation timeline using the workflow described in https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/210551/my-workflow-for-dforce

tshirt-promo05.jpg
    494 x 800 - 240K
    Post edited by mephoria on
  • DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,060

Nice!

Dana

• All right, a few more for the log. The figure in all three images is one of my own creation (Hive, aka Carrie, whom you can see in my render thread). In the first two images, she's wearing a garment I'm working on that is dForce enabled. In the third, she's wearing the Bardot outfit.I like how the top came out in the third image, but the skirt needs something to deal with that leg that's in front better; right up the end of the simulation, I was expecting it to go "puff" any second.

aint she cute 2.png
    973 x 902 - 532K
    aint she cute.png
    973 x 902 - 532K
    Miss Hive in Bardot outfit.png
    973 x 902 - 486K
  • L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479

All right, a few more for the log. The figure in all three images is one of my own creation (Hive, aka Carrie, whom you can see in my render thread). In the first two images, she's wearing a garment I'm working on that is dForce enabled. In the third, she's wearing the Bardot outfit.I like how the top came out in the third image, but the skirt needs something to deal with that leg that's in front better; right up the end of the simulation, I was expecting it to go "puff" any second.

Did you have Self Collide On? I've noticed strange things during a sim with it on; I can only described what I saw as the clothing defying gravity, "trying" to collide!

• L'Adair said:

All right, a few more for the log. The figure in all three images is one of my own creation (Hive, aka Carrie, whom you can see in my render thread). In the first two images, she's wearing a garment I'm working on that is dForce enabled. In the third, she's wearing the Bardot outfit.I like how the top came out in the third image, but the skirt needs something to deal with that leg that's in front better; right up the end of the simulation, I was expecting it to go "puff" any second.

Did you have Self Collide On? I've noticed strange things during a sim with it on; I can only described what I saw as the clothing defying gravity, "trying" to collide!

Yes, which I will change in another attempt. I'm currently waiting on a more professional render to complete, so I can't do it right now.

edited November 2017

Here's another attempt at using dForce to create a well-behaved t-shirt. This time I did things a bit differently: I used dForce to conform my fairly crude initial model, and then transferred it back to ZBrush for refinement. A few more back-and-forths produced a good quality model which hugged my base G2F closely enough that I could get a very clean rigging from the transfer utility. I then used the animation timeline to let dForce track the morph from G2F to Olympia6, thus "automatically" producing a high quality FBM. (I cleaned up the FBM in ZBrush, to cut out some gratuitous wrinkling that would only be relevant to the default pose.)

Given the FBM, I can then use the standard "Start Bones from Memorized Pose" to simulate my poses using either G2F or O6 or any mix thereof. Obviously, I could use the same technique to produce a full array of FBMs and PBMs with high quality and (relatively) low effort.

Producing a high quality UV map was as painful as it always is, but once it's established, arbitrary decals can be added to the shirt, and they will pose with very little distortion, thus achieving my true ultimate goal.

tshirt201-demo03.jpg
    494 x 800 - 166K
    edited December 2017

More adventures in dForce casual clothing. This render, with the addition of gym shorts, tests two things: 1) can an "elastic" waist band hold up a garment through friction and a shrinking bias?; and 2) what happens when two dForce layers are forced together by the figure pose?

The first was a definite success. I had to put an extreme expansion/contraction ratio (58%) on the waistband, and 100% friction, but there were no embarassing wardrobe malfunctions. The second was less successful: in the spot where the model's left hand touches her skin, it caused the lower model (collision layer 1) to poke through the higher model (collision layer 3). I took care of the issue by expanding the shirt until the poke-through went away, and there's no noticable issue in the final result.

Update: I've posted the original assets used in this image to the Freebies section. You can find them at https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/216141/new-dforce-garments-casual-gym-for-g2f.

gymshorts-demo05.jpg
    494 x 800 - 233K
  • sberlinssberlins Posts: 128
    edited December 2017

The newly released beta version seems to reduce some of the explosions:)

Simple Country Girl outer dress retextured.  The original lace 'puffs' on the hip/legs side seemed to not want to remain attached to the dress (but did not fall off).  There was some poke through before running simulation and waited for that to set off the pixel explosion, but that didn't happen.  There was bit of poke through on the knees where the hands rested inorginal pose, but re-simulated with hands slightly moved and that fixed 99% of that.  I did have to unbend the left leg one "-" click to resolve.  I had no luck with this garment/pose in simulation earlier so it does appear dForce is getting better with each beta. EDIT: Swapped for more colorful version.

Post edited by Chohole on
  • Dug into the old, old files for fun and tried out the Starlight Gown (on V3, because one adventure at a time!).  Not looking too bad!

Vic3starlight_test.jpg
    800 x 960 - 122K

Here is my very first go at the dForce it is the dress that came with dForce used on G8/V8.

• Looks good, Sapphirewild.

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,551
    edited December 2017

Here's an interesting 'result.' I tried dforcing seaweed, and finally got one that didn't look half bad. Its from the Antfarm set. The rest of my endeavors did not drape well went all twiggy or the leaves flew off.

kelp2.jpg
    1500 x 1600 - 2M
    Post edited by Serene Night on

Looks good, Sapphirewild.

Thanks Daywalker!! I thought it turned out good too.

Here's an interesting 'result.' I tried dforcing seaweed, and finally got one that didn't look half bad. Its from the Antfarm set. The rest of my endeavors did not drape well went all twiggy or the leaves flew off.

That is very interesting to say the least Serene, oh you ment the seaweed I thought you ment ............ never mind giggles!!

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,270

I've been experimenting with creating soft body effects with dForce:

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,890

Does an annoying result count as interesting? The sleeve of the Madonna that is supporting the child's head insists on floating straight out away from the forearm, Madonna's torso, and the baby, parallel to the ground rather than draping perpendicular to the ground & I don't know why. The other sleeve drapes as expected. 

I'm hoping one of you will know why. I thought of using the dFormer on that sleeve but I have avoided the dFormer to this point in time so I will wait to use it on something dForce can't do.

@nonesuch can the sleeve be hidden and can you put like a pane of fake cloth there that drapes nicely?

@saphirewild you comment made me laugh.

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,890

Thanks @SereneNight, that's a good ideal

@nonesuch can the sleeve be hidden and can you put like a pane of fake cloth there that drapes nicely?

@saphirewild you comment made me laugh.

• RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 2,804
    edited December 2017

The rest of my endeavors did not drape well went all twiggy or the leaves flew off.

@Serenenight What was the trick to getting this drape to work? Were you trying different seaweed props or was it different settings on this one prop?

Post edited by RGcincy on
    edited December 2017

Different weeds. The first one I tried had classic kind of seaweed bulbs with tips kelpish looking  When I dforce that weed the weed stems remained in tact but the leaves flew off.  This one didn’t have the extra pieces but was actually a really large bunch. I shrunk it down and it worked great on pretty much dfault setting. I stopped it before it melted though as I liked the swing in the back.

i think I will have to messa around a bit more since the image of things draped in seaweed is sort of a classic idea. This was the seaweed in with the fishes which turned out the best

Post edited by Serene Night on
  • OdaaOdaa Posts: 1,548

Does an annoying result count as interesting? The sleeve of the Madonna that is supporting the child's head insists on floating straight out away from the forearm, Madonna's torso, and the baby, parallel to the ground rather than draping perpendicular to the ground & I don't know why. The other sleeve drapes as expected. 

I'm hoping one of you will know why. I thought of using the dFormer on that sleeve but I have avoided the dFormer to this point in time so I will wait to use it on something dForce can't do.

That turned out pretty well... I especially like her facial expression. for dforce runaway sleeves, I've had some luck drilling down to the forearm bone of the outfit, and using the  twist control.