Let's see your dForce renders/experiments/interesting results!

Comments

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,889

One thing I find helpful with timeline draping is that sometimes going from T pose to whatever, the animation is dumb and body parts clip. Which causes explosion.

So I just have to add another key frame or two to push arms or legs away from the collision.

• LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770
    edited October 2017

LOL, thanks, Diva. I just lost my grandma last year and she was on my mind, though I didn't mean to do a dead grandma thing. I was thinking more of an older guardiant angel, but dead grandma it is!

@scorpio Spectacular images! G3 and G8 are looking mighty fine in those loose garments! devil

Post edited by Llynara on
  • kloolessklooless Posts: 115
    edited October 2017

I tend to lurk more than speak.  :) I'm having a good time with dForce. This is G3F Anna wearing Lady Littlefox's Ishtar, just the dress.  I haven't tried anything that has more than one piece to it, like the overskirt for this one.  Came out pretty well I think.

deForce_test_1.png
    1000 x 1000 - 1M
    Post edited by klooless on
  • AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,140

That looks great :)

Laurie

• LullyLully Posts: 20

Loveit Dress refitted in Marvellous designer and draped in DAZ, I conformed only down to the hip and turned down the dynamic strength on the bodice only to zero, allowing it to conform. Still have a long way to go on editing weightmaps, :( Well, at least it didn't explode.

dforce1.png
    719 x 1000 - 940K
  • SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634

lullybubs1_23967290b3 that looks awesome

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,086
    klooless said:

I tend to lurk more than speak.  :) I'm having a good time with dForce. This is G3F Anna wearing Lady Littlefox's Ishtar, just the dress.  I haven't tried anything that has more than one piece to it, like the overskirt for this one.  Came out pretty well I think.

Nice job!

Dana

edited October 2017

Loveit Dress refitted in Marvellous designer and draped in DAZ, I conformed only down to the hip and turned down the dynamic strength on the bodice only to zero, allowing it to conform. Still have a long way to go on editing weightmaps, :( Well, at least it didn't explode.

Wooohooo! I think I have this one :P And you can refit things in MD? Hmmmm.... I have it, but I still need to learn to use it...hehe.

Laurie

Post edited by AllenArt on

cheers Szark :)

Here is the same dress, I turned the body shaped up on the voluptuous in the final frame, so she grew curvy as the sim progressed. The bodice dynamic strength was changed from zero to 50% to allow for the shaping around the bust area. then smoothing turned back on. No morphs in dress to fix the boob crease

Chose to add lace on skirt so you could see what was being conformed/partially conformed (bodice)

dforcevol.png
    719 x 1000 - 670K
    edited October 2017

''Wooohooo! I think I have this one :P And you can refit things in MD? Hmmmm.... I have it, but I still need to learn to use it...hehe.''

Laurie, I have the original MD garment file I used for the other figures still, I keep everything, lol.

My version (4) you cant redrape obj files but understand that you can on the more recent version/s

Post edited by Lully on

''Wooohooo! I think I have this one :P And you can refit things in MD? Hmmmm.... I have it, but I still need to learn to use it...hehe.''

Laurie, I have the original MD garment file I used for the other figures still, I keep everything, lol.

My version (4) you cant redrape obj files but understand that you can on the more recent version/s

I have 6.5 so I'll see what I can do. So much to do - so little time. LOL.

Laurie

''I have 6.5 so I'll see what I can do. So much to do - so little time. LOL.'''

I know what you mean. they need to invent 100 hour days, lol

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479

''I have 6.5 so I'll see what I can do. So much to do - so little time. LOL.'''

I know what you mean. they need to invent 100 hour days, lol

Until then, we have caffeine. Lots and lots of caffeine!
    wink

L'Adair said:
    Until then, we have caffeine. Lots and lots of caffeine!

wink

I cant have caffeine. I'll just stick to matchsticks. :)

another couple of attempts, 

First one on voluptuous shape, two layers on one garment.

Second one on basic shape, The short dress is just conforming, no draping. My Flamenco Bolero altered in MD to fit Gen8f. The frill around the neck went flat. need to stiffen that up a bit or maybe leave it as conforming?

dforcevol2.png
    719 x 1000 - 700K
    13321321.png
    773 x 910 - 744K

I am really enjoying the fashion show. LOL

Laurie

• JerifeJerife Posts: 272
    edited October 2017

Fantastic tool and great renders here!

Test 01 rdx 50.jpg
    1854 x 3000 - 6M
    Post edited by Jerife on
  • TottallouTottallou Posts: 555
    edited October 2017

Some great results from everyone

Here is one usng the Dforce Wind Node - I used the Bardot Outfit to avoid explosions etc

Windy.png
    800 x 1000 - 843K
    Post edited by Tottallou on
  • Ken OBanionKen OBanion Posts: 1,447
    edited October 2017

I've been dorking around with dForce, and so far, I've had nothing but failures.  But some of those failures have been pretty darned awesome!  For example:

(I tried to upload an animated GIF of a cape exploding, before walking away from the figure it's draped over, but the animation failed to play.  Sorry.)

Post edited by Ken OBanion on
  • I've been dorking around with dForce, and so far, I've had nothing but failures.  But some of those failures have been pretty darned awesome!  For example:

(I tried to upload an animated GIF of a cape exploding, before walking away from the figure it's draped over, but the animation failed to play.  Sorry.)

I've only had one failure, which wasn't exactly spectacular compared to some of the puff-balls I've seen.

The attached image is of a WIP outfit for G3F/G8F with a random Iray Uber shader applied as well as an unmodified dForce modifier (if that makes sense ;) ). As you know, Growing Up, Tween Julie and other small chested morphs don't especially like conforming clothes and look hideous; this helps a bit and makes it look more presentable, except for the small spots of pokethrough. I can tweak it a bit and those should go away.

Jumper test.png
    1000 x 1300 - 803K

FWIW (and others may have noticed this as well), I've noticed that if the figure is at anything other than base, then I get some poke thru. If it's at base, I don't get any poke thru. I have not tried the new version of the beta yet though, so that may not be an issue now. I don't know.

Laurie

edited October 2017
    AllenArt said:

FWIW (and others may have noticed this as well), I've noticed that if the figure is at anything other than base, then I get some poke thru. If it's at base, I don't get any poke thru. I have not tried the new version of the beta yet though, so that may not be an issue now. I don't know.

Laurie

In the Simulation Tab, look for Collision Mesh Resolution. Change the drop-down to Viewport, and see if that helps. (I've noticed the poke-thru disappear, but the drape was no longer smooth. This was when I was trying to drape pants on a male, though. YMMV)

Post edited by L'Adair on

I tried viewport too and it looked even worse. Guess we'll have to be patient while the kinks are worked out ;)

Laurie

AllenArt said:

I tried viewport too and it looked even worse. Guess we'll have to be patient while the kinks are worked out ;)

Laurie

Have you tried growing the figure into the morph? Like I did with the voluptious shape above? I dont think I got any pokies with those ones. I started as base on zero frame, then by end of pose she was fully shaped. 

tbh, I just realized I only tried it from zero pose and not with the timeline, so I'll try that and get back to ya ;).

Laurie

AllenArt said:

tbh, I just realized I only tried it from zero pose and not with the timeline, so I'll try that and get back to ya ;).

Laurie

AllenArt said:

Laurie

To be specific, I was using Dylan (G8) and Casual Winter for G3M, (though converted for G8M using SY's method.) I had the Timeline set to 60 frames, with Dylan in the A-Pose at Frame 0 and the target pose at Frame 30. When Collision Mesh Resolution was set to Base, the drape would be smooth, but have "holes" in several places. When set to Viewport, the drape was lumpy and unusable, but the "holes" were gone.

So I think you're right, and there are a lot of kinks that need to be worked out before 4.10 and dForce are ready for release.

• sberlinssberlins Posts: 128

For poke through, I've found the draped objects native morphs appear to continue to work and using breast size or hip size morph adjustment in small doses fixes alot.

Well, I definitely have better luck with the timeline. I managed to "grow" a dress on to Bethany (started at base G3F) and with the suface adjuster managed to make the object fit her without looking like it was being stretched over her with no poke :)

Laurie

edited October 2017

I included a G3F wearing Summer Maxi Dress which I'd used dForce on in my last render, Early Evening. The Deco Club Exterior is the real focus of the image, though. Here are a series of three images of just the dressed figure: Front, back, and one side. The dress has a short slip underneath. I did not use the Timeline for this, and I did have the Memorized Pose option set. I did notice that the option had no effect whatsoever in the .94 beta, but seems quite useful in the .101 beta.

Front View

Back View

Left View

If I was doing a scene with this figure as the focal point, and this pose, I'd straighted out her lower back. Man, that's uncomfortable just to look at!

Post edited by L'Adair on
  • JamesJABJamesJAB Posts: 1,760

Here is "Fall Trends" with the top set as dynamic.

dForce01.png
    1000 x 1500 - 1M
    dForce02.png
    1000 x 1500 - 999K
    dForce03.png
    1000 x 1500 - 1M

Man oh man...some clothes are just gonna look sooooo much better now :). 

Laurie