Let's see your dForce renders/experiments/interesting results!

1468910

Comments

  • will2powerwill2power Posts: 239
    edited October 2017

    This one really came out looking exactly the way that I wanted. Meet the new DAZ Studio 4.10 and the DForce Physics cloth. The kimono is from Furisode for Genesis. I modified it for the Genesis 3 figure. I did not use the Autofit because I wanted to have a clean result. I did the same with the Obi and Sash, but I did just autofit the sandals. I'd always felt like DAZ was almost ready for prime time because while the figures were improving --the clothing and how it looked was not. With the physics of DForce, it's now possible to get some pretty nice looking cloth results and I'm pleased with how it came out.

    Kimono

    Post edited by Chohole on
  • nattaruknattaruk Posts: 338
    edited November 2017

    Here's the last render I made with Studio 4.9:

    And here it is from Studio 4.10 with dforce applied to some of the women's clothing. The man's jacket exploded! 

    I had to use a weight map on the cape so that the chest covering stayed still, otherwise it fell through onto the shoulder. I tried dforce on the sash but it fell off and exploded.

    Still lots to learn and try out but I'm impressed.

    3Delight renders with post processing in the Gimp.

    Post edited by nattaruk on
  • RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 2,170

    Just installed DS 10 yesterday and tried dForce on a primitve plane with a fabric shader to make a blanket.

    Details on the settings can be found here.

  • Carola OCarola O Posts: 2,869
    edited November 2017

    My first attempt at Dforce.. and it didn't break my computer or crash the program.. ( I'm amazed lol) started with jsut a nude v8 and the bardot outfit, than I just couldn't help building a scene around it so... here's the result after the postwork

    A Rat.. or something

    The poor little squirrel not only tried to find the way out, but was also mistaken for a rat by a shrilly screaming female....

    Post edited by Carola O on
  • FirePro9FirePro9 Posts: 311
    edited November 2017

    Playing with Wind, Gravity and Air Resistance to come up with this animation of an  "Air Cannon" blasting a cloth plane across the room.

    Post edited by FirePro9 on
  • OstadanOstadan Posts: 942
    edited November 2017

    Nothing special, but my first success with dForce on existing products.   Although it is not the same product, I followed Mada de Leeuw's Youtube tutorial on modifying the weight map for the string area, which apparently was causing an explosion.  Got a tiny bit of poke-through on the shoulder.  While the bottom of the tunic is snugger than the undraped version, the undraped version stretches the mesh, most visibly over the model's left leg.

    This is Hunter for G7M, with the peasant outift.  Only the tunic is draped.

    Hunter Peasant UnDraped.png
    666 x 1080 - 490K
    Hunter Peasant Draped.png
    666 x 1080 - 473K
    Post edited by Ostadan on
  • ArtiniArtini Posts: 4,000
    edited November 2017

    Experiments with the plane and the moving sphere - the portal.

    image

    Portal01s02sim02mat01pic01.jpg
    1280 x 1080 - 705K
    Post edited by Artini on
  • NyghtfallNyghtfall Posts: 494
    edited November 2017

    This new tech might just work.  :)

     

    My First dForce Render.jpg
    2560 x 1440 - 2M
    Post edited by Nyghtfall on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 11,627
    edited November 2017

    This is Sports Suit for G3F from Rendo, used on Dale for G3M. I was very impressed with how well the hoodie and pants simulated. Even the drawstrings and eyelets  came out OK. It even simulated with collision with Agent hair. (I didn't sim the hair itself.) I did tweak some of the simulation surface settings, but it basically just worked.

    Lighting and background are from No Emotion HDRs. It is released under the Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 .

    Dale Sport Hoodie and Pants and Shoes dForce Agent Hair_001.jpg
    2000 x 1500 - 2M
    Post edited by barbult on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 11,627
    edited November 2017

    These are LNA Mallorca for G2F on a G3F character. It is a simple dress and simulated very easily.

    Lightinng and background are from HDRI Haven (CC0 (public domain)).

    Brita Mallorca with belt dForce sitting on cube.jpg
    1600 x 2000 - 1M
    Brita Mallorca dForce leaning on cube.jpg
    1600 x 2000 - 2M
    Brita Yoga dForce_002 redone.jpg
    1600 x 2000 - 1M
    Post edited by barbult on
  • VyusurVyusur Posts: 1,528
    edited November 2017

    Stephanie 8

    laying001.jpg
    1300 x 891 - 855K
    Post edited by Vyusur on
  • algovincianalgovincian Posts: 1,822
    barbult said:

    This is Sports Suit for G3F from Rendo, used on Dale for G3M. I was very impressed with how well the hoodie and pants simulated. Even the drawstrings and eyelets  came out OK. It even simulated with collision with Agent hair. (I didn't sim the hair itself.) I did tweak some of the simulation surface settings, but it basically just worked.

    Lighting and background are from No Emotion HDRs. It is released under the Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 .

    That did sim really well - thanks for posting, barbult. Also, what is the top that the tree is wearing? I love trees, especially unique ones like that!

    - Greg

  • barbultbarbult Posts: 11,627
    barbult said:

    This is Sports Suit for G3F from Rendo, used on Dale for G3M. I was very impressed with how well the hoodie and pants simulated. Even the drawstrings and eyelets  came out OK. It even simulated with collision with Agent hair. (I didn't sim the hair itself.) I did tweak some of the simulation surface settings, but it basically just worked.

    Lighting and background are from No Emotion HDRs. It is released under the Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 .

    That did sim really well - thanks for posting, barbult. Also, what is the top that the tree is wearing? I love trees, especially unique ones like that!

    - Greg

    The trees are just part of the HDRI. Only Dale and his hair and clothing are 3D mesh. (I wasn't sure if your question was serious or not. wink)

  • algovincianalgovincian Posts: 1,822
    barbult said:
    barbult said:

    This is Sports Suit for G3F from Rendo, used on Dale for G3M. I was very impressed with how well the hoodie and pants simulated. Even the drawstrings and eyelets  came out OK. It even simulated with collision with Agent hair. (I didn't sim the hair itself.) I did tweak some of the simulation surface settings, but it basically just worked.

    Lighting and background are from No Emotion HDRs. It is released under the Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 .

    That did sim really well - thanks for posting, barbult. Also, what is the top that the tree is wearing? I love trees, especially unique ones like that!

    - Greg

    The trees are just part of the HDRI. Only Dale and his hair and clothing are 3D mesh. (I wasn't sure if your question was serious or not. wink)

    Knew it was part of the HDRI, but was just commenting how interesting that tree is!

    - Greg

  • RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 2,170

    Playing around with draping clothes on furniture and on top of other clothes. Let's you create some of the details of real life.

     

  • LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 4,158
    RGcincy said:

    Playing around with draping clothes on furniture and on top of other clothes. Let's you create some of the details of real life.

     

    Very cool, i was wondering if that might work. did you stop the simulation at some point? I was wondering if things would drop down completely if the sim goes on for too long

  • RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 2,170
    Linwelly said:

    Very cool, i was wondering if that might work. did you stop the simulation at some point? I was wondering if things would drop down completely if the sim goes on for too long

    No, I didn't have to stop any. I found Stabilization Time of 1.5 works well. The default of 1.0 seemed to leave sleeves still somewhat curved in space and not hanging straight down. As long as the clothes have something to collide with, and with default friction (0.4), they hang on (sometime I would reposition in XZ space if they slide oof too much). If you reduce friction they are more likely to slide off while an increase in friction would make them stick more (friction is found on the Surfaces pane). 

  • LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 4,158

    Thanks a lot for the explanation @RGcincy still a lot to find out and explore ith dforce :D

  • RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 2,170
    edited November 2017
    Linwelly said:

    Thanks a lot for the explanation @RGcincy still a lot to find out and explore with dforce :D

    As we all do!

    Post edited by RGcincy on
  • RGcincy said:
    Linwelly said:

    Very cool, i was wondering if that might work. did you stop the simulation at some point? I was wondering if things would drop down completely if the sim goes on for too long

    No, I didn't have to stop any. I found Stabilization Time of 1.5 works well. The default of 1.0 seemed to leave sleeves still somewhat curved in space and not hanging straight down. As long as the clothes have something to collide with, and with default friction (0.4), they hang on (sometime I would reposition in XZ space if they slide oof too much). If you reduce friction they are more likely to slide off while an increase in friction would make them stick more (friction is found on the Surfaces pane). 

    So did you have to set that chair as collision? Or does it recognize it as collision by itself?

  • RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 2,170

    So did you have to set that chair as collision? Or does it recognize it as collision by itself?

    No, the clothes will just collide with the chair, as they will with the boots. You can add a static surface modifier on the chair or boots if you want to change their friction or to hide them from the simulation.

  • peteVaultpeteVault Posts: 302
    edited November 2017

    Post edited by peteVault on
  • evilded777evilded777 Posts: 2,238

    I am not having great luck trying to use dForce with older items. Its been quite disheartening. Who wants to give me some quick tips? I need some good flowing robes of something for the next pic in series and I've had NOTHING work. This, however, the Attitude outfit or some such, worked out pretty well after a while I particularly love how the belt and pants came out.

  • L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 7,123

    How old are talking about, @evilded777? I've had some success with clothing for V4, but I'm using it on newer figures so I futz with the rigging and scale and anything else I can to make the clothing fit the newer figure as best I can, then hide everything but the item and export to a Wavefront OBJ. Then I import it and use the Transfer Utility to rig it for the figure it's going to be used on. I'll tweak some more, if necessary. (I have found I need to close DS and restart if I need to export more than once, or the obj loses all the material zones.)

    There's probably a better way to do it, but that seems to work for me, just not on everything.

    What robes are you tinkering with? If I have any of them, I'll be happy to see if I can figure it out, and get back to you.

  • evilded777evilded777 Posts: 2,238
    L'Adair said:

    How old are talking about, @evilded777? I've had some success with clothing for V4, but I'm using it on newer figures so I futz with the rigging and scale and anything else I can to make the clothing fit the newer figure as best I can, then hide everything but the item and export to a Wavefront OBJ. Then I import it and use the Transfer Utility to rig it for the figure it's going to be used on. I'll tweak some more, if necessary. (I have found I need to close DS and restart if I need to export more than once, or the obj loses all the material zones.)

    There's probably a better way to do it, but that seems to work for me, just not on everything.

    What robes are you tinkering with? If I have any of them, I'll be happy to see if I can figure it out, and get back to you.

    Not even that old.  I've tried the Medeival Cloaks for Gen3 and Gen8, a few things for Gen3...It all just explodes almost immediately.

  • L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 7,123
    L'Adair said:

    How old are talking about, @evilded777? I've had some success with clothing for V4, but I'm using it on newer figures so I futz with the rigging and scale and anything else I can to make the clothing fit the newer figure as best I can, then hide everything but the item and export to a Wavefront OBJ. Then I import it and use the Transfer Utility to rig it for the figure it's going to be used on. I'll tweak some more, if necessary. (I have found I need to close DS and restart if I need to export more than once, or the obj loses all the material zones.)

    There's probably a better way to do it, but that seems to work for me, just not on everything.

    What robes are you tinkering with? If I have any of them, I'll be happy to see if I can figure it out, and get back to you.

    Not even that old.  I've tried the Medeival Cloaks for Gen3 and Gen8, a few things for Gen3...It all just explodes almost immediately.

    I've tinkered with Medieval Cloaks, and I noticed that they don't conform to the T-Pose. I'll take a more in-depth look and see if I can find what makes them explode. With the Platinum Cocktail dress, it was a zipper pull on the back of the dress. Maybe there is something similar here. BBIAB.

  • L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 7,123
    edited November 2017

    And speaking of the Platinum Cocktail dress, here's Bijou wearing the dress. I used dForce Weight Nodes on both dress and slip, with help from the Geometry Editor, so the top of both do less moving, and the lace drapes a bit stiffer than the default. (I have a number of images on the process that will be shared in The Commons stickied dForce thread later.)

    Bijou wearing the Platinum Cocktail dress, by L'Adair

    Post edited by L'Adair on
  • evilded777evilded777 Posts: 2,238

    @L'Adair I'll be very interested to see those weight map pics, I almost liked one outfit, but it was just to sheer and kept sliding around far too much for my liking and nothing I did would get it to stay.  Artemis Moon, maybe? With that flowing drape that goes over the outfit.

  • L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 7,123
    edited November 2017

    @evilded777 I have Artemis Moon. Pretty sure it came with a Pro bundle as it's not the sort of item I'd usually purchase otherwise. Anyway, first things first:

    I loaded the cloak from the Medieval Cloaks G3F product, (solid body with hood,) fit to the G3 base female. The first thing it did was explode on me.
    laugh

    I selected all of the material zones in the Surfaces->Editor and set Self Collide to Off and tried again. No explosion, but the ties fell off. In the properties for CloakRibbon, I change Friction to 0.60 and Dynamics Strength to 0.50. That lets the ties have some movement without falling off. I wanted to make the fabric of the cloak "heavier," so I set the Dynamics Strength of the HoodFabric and HoodEdge to 0.60, and the Dynamics Strength of the CloakFabric and CloakEdges to 0.80. To allow the fabric to slide over the arms, I also set Friction for the CloakFabric and CloakEdges to 0.10.

    One issue with the cloak, (and for now, I assume the Cape and Robe as well,) is the garment isn't conforming. All of the fit and movement depends on the bones of the cloak and the morphs. I'm currently using the .113 Beta, and the body parts intersecting with the fabric will not cause the cloak to explode, but neither does the fabric "pop out" of the character. You have to pose the figure and the cloak so that nothing is poking through before the simulation begins.

    I recommend the Frames to Simulate setting of "Animated (Use Timeline Play Range)". This will allow you to change the pose of your figure to at crucial times along the timeline to prevent the figure from punching through the cloak fabric. It will also allow you to pose the bones of the cloak to affect how it's draping. Use both the morphs and the cloak bones to set the intial position for the cloak, however, changing the morphs along the timeline will only cause them to change for the entire simulation. Only the bones can be changed along the timeline.

    This is a process. You cannot change the poses in the middle of the animation. You have to run the animation to see how the cloak is draping. Stop it, scroll back to the frame where you need to make changes. Make your changes, and run the simulation from the beginning. I recommend hitting the Clear button between simulations. It may not still be an issue, but I have found Daz Studio doesn't crash as often when I clear the sim between runs.

    Once you have found the drape that works for you, don't forget to turn Smoothing back on for the cloak. The hood fabric looks... not pleasing without it.

    I did try the Wind Node, but I have yet to master it, and I found it easier to get the flowing look I was going for using the bones in the Cloak.

    ETA: Sorry about the wall of text. blush

    Post edited by L'Adair on
  • L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 7,123
    edited November 2017
    L'Adair said:
    One issue with the cloak, (and for now, I assume the Cape and Robe as well,) is the garment isn't conforming. All of the fit and movement depends on the bones of the cloak and the morphs. I'm currently using the .113 Beta, and the body parts intersecting with the fabric will not cause the cloak to explode, but neither does the fabric "pop out" of the character. You have to pose the figure and the cloak so that nothing is poking through before the simulation begins.

    After a bit more time working with the Cloak, I need to revise that statement. The Cloak will conform to the Head, Collar, Shoulders, and Torso of your character. But it doesn't conform to the extremities: Arms, below the shoulder bones, including Hands; or Legs, below the Pelvis, including Feet. Consequently, at this point with dForce, Arms and Legs can and will go through the fabric as it's being draped. Hopefully as dForce matures, we won't have to compensate for missing corresponding bones in clothing.

    Post edited by L'Adair on
Sign In or Register to comment.