Let's see your dForce renders/experiments/interesting results!

AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,140

Share what ya got! Even your fantastic explosions! Tell and show us what clothes you've used that were easily converted and what clothes were just plain impossible. I wanna see it all :)

Laurie

Comments

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,140

I'll start off by showing my first one...dress I made a long time ago for another figure and fit to G3F. I like it :) This one went pretty easy because I created it for Poser's cloth room.

Laurie

Keyhole-Dress.jpg
    1328 x 1800 - 290K

Here's another dress I made years ago (shortened). 

Halter-Top-Dress.jpg
    1428 x 1800 - 314K
  • Very nice renders!

• namffuaknamffuak Posts: 4,040

This is a quick viewport grab of the T-Skirt and one of the more aggressive poses from the Z Epic Heroine Poses for Genesis 8 Female pose set. Image1 is the before and image2 is the after simulation. And now I'm thinking back the Joanna Lumley as Purdey in the New Avengers TV series . . . FWIW, the simulation time was 3 minutes 20 seconds with a 960m on my laptop.

Image1.jpg
    691 x 859 - 71K
    Image2.jpg
    695 x 857 - 71K
    edited October 2017

Wow, just one? LOL...

Well, here's another. I'm starting to feel like a party of one ;).

Created the body of this dress a few years back....did the overskirt today. Vicky 8 this time.

Laurie

Grecian-Dress-G8F.jpg
    1210 x 1800 - 462K
    Post edited by AllenArt on
    namffuak said:

This is a quick viewport grab of the T-Skirt and one of the more aggressive poses from the Z Epic Heroine Poses for Genesis 8 Female pose set. Image1 is the before and image2 is the after simulation. And now I'm thinking back the Joanna Lumley as Purdey in the New Avengers TV series . . . FWIW, the simulation time was 3 minutes 20 seconds with a 960m on my laptop.

Makes a huge difference, doesn't it? I may never go back to conformers unless I just can't do it any other way ;).

Laurie

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859

@allenart   Watching the thread and enjoying seeing what is done. I'm not using this yet, and just don't have time right now/ get sidetracked into exploring something new when I already have other things ahead of that for the foreseeable future- but it's appreciated that you're willing to share what you're doing. And it looks really nice!

• NathNath Posts: 2,713

A not very spectacular test; G8, a fairly simply pose, and the Teen Kitty outfit. In between crashes, this is fun:-)

G8 test.png
    885 x 1014 - 472K
  • L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479

I've been under the weather for the past week and just don't have the patience to deal with dForce right now. I did play with the included scenes, as well as the included outfit. The only other thing I tried was a simple pose of G8M leaning against a wall and the clothes did... absolutely nothing. That's when I decided I needed to set it aside until I was feeling better. But I've been reading every thread I come across and pasting tips into a text file for future reference.

@AllenArt, Your renders are really inspiring. Please don't feel like a party of one. Instead, imagine this as a catwalk, and you're the coordinator of the fashion show. wink

I'm sure I'm not the only one who loves seeing what is possible. And when I figure out what I have to do to make it work, I'll post some of my own attempts, successful and otherwise.

• TottallouTottallou Posts: 555

We can't have Laurie partying alone ,

Everyone has posted success so to break that habit I will add a failure & one that turned out OK

oops.png
    800 x 1000 - 992K
    DynamicTest3A.png
    800 x 1000 - 3M
  • 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,276
    edited October 2017

I've been playing with DForce quite a bit. Here's some of my successful attempts with it:

This one is the Fall Trends top with Wilmap's awesome free Christmas shaders:

Wilmap's free Sundress for G2F (on G8F):

Wilmap's Star Dress:

Morphing Fantasy Dress for Genesis on G8F:

I can't remember what dress this was:

I don't remember what clothing these were - just grabbed three clothing items and let them fall onto some primitives (be sure and turn Self Collide to off or the clothes explode when they start to fold onto themselves when they hit the primitives), then exported the clothing as OBJs. Now I have clothes to make rooms messy with:

Post edited by 3Diva on

Did some experimenting with hair.

Here's Bob Hair 3 for Star:

Here's Radiant Jaguar Hair for Genesis:

• algovincianalgovincian Posts: 2,562
    edited October 2017

I've been playing with DForce quite a bit. Here's some of my successful attempts with it:

Wilmap's Star Dress:

I don't remember what clothing these were - just grabbed three clothing items and let them fall onto some primitives (be sure and turn Self Collide to off or the clothes explode when they start to fold onto themselves when they hit the primitives), then exported the clothing as OBJs. Now I have clothes to make rooms messy with:

Looks great, Diva! The last certainly is a great application for this - nice to be able to do it right in DS.

I've been trying to pin down a workflow for converting existing clothing from start to finish (clothing retopology, proxies to speed sims, weight maps to pin areas, etc.). There's a lot to take into consideration for more complex pieces of clothing, but it's tons of fun!

Here's a few frames of a morphed & animated G1 figure, with a piece of G2F clothing (Eowyn's overdress) draped:

The clothing was not fit to the figure (avoiding the undesirable effects this has on the geometry), but was simply sized by using transforms a dFormer. It also shows how an Influence Weights map can be quickly/easily painted to handle a situation that the old Dynamic Cloth plugin couldn't.

- Greg

dforce.png
    600 x 784 - 269K
    Post edited by algovincian on
  • DaikatanaDaikatana Posts: 827

Can’t wait till I actually have some time to play with this.  Currently Work has me completely overloaded.  On the bright side, more work means more extra funds for my hobby and I am betting we will be seeing lots of d-force compliant things hitting the store soon.

• So excited for this! All your examples look great!

edited October 2017
    Tottallou said:

We can't have Laurie partying alone ,

Everyone has posted success so to break that habit I will add a failure & one that turned out OK

OMG...I love the squishy thing...so funny. LOL. Looks like someone left the air out of them :P And that dress turned out lovely! Which dress is it?

Laurie

edited October 2017

Wilmap's Star Dress:

Your stuff always turns out so pretty Diva ;). I haven't had the stamina to experiment with hair yet. LOL. Might try some of Lully's older V4 dynamic clothes and stuff she did for Dawn later today if I have time. After that it's on to the conformers I've got that might work. I'm thinking Sighi to start out with looks like it may work. Or the Peasant dress perhaps. We'll have to see ;). And Biscuits over at Rendo wanted to know if some of her freebie dynamic outfits for V4 worked in DS dynamics (I'm sure they do...I need to check a few of those as well).

Anyone played with the settings yet? I've tried the dynamics both ways - starting from the zero pose in current frame and with the timeline. Current frame I've experimented with extending the length of the stabilizing at the end....nice you can add more time for it to settle and even have it drape a little longer in the very beginning. Also love the surface thing that lets you change the amount of stiffness or silkiness and even shrink or expand the cloth. Very handy :).

Laurie

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

on this the split skirt is draped, it came out very well.  Its a bit dark but it really worked beautifully!

• LullyLully Posts: 20

Testing out two layers at the same time, top of dress and waistband of skirt is rigged  

Evenstar dress draped without rigging.

nopokies.jpg
    999 x 591 - 162K
    evenstaronG8f.jpg
    500 x 740 - 69K
  • JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,247

*sigh* I had a pressing need for this a couple of weeks ago. Had an illustration of a couple in a store doing Whatsmas shopping. Needed to have one person holding a garment up by the shoulders to show the other. Trying to pose a conforming garment to hang is a fairly futile procedure.

I ended up using a scarf instead. It's not perfect, but it is about believable. This would have solved the whole issue.

Ah well. DS 4.10 should be out eventually. I'm suspecting that there may be an updated version of the plugin by the time it launches, since we've been drafted as beta testers on this. But at least the main pitfalls will probably get well publicised by then if there isn't.

• TottallouTottallou Posts: 555
    edited October 2017
    AllenArt said:

OMG...I love the squishy thing...so funny. LOL. Looks like someone left the air out of them :P And that dress turned out lovely! Which dress is it?

Laurie

That dress was Wilmaps Sweet Spring Dress - Most of Wilmaps clothes that I have tried seem to work well with dforce, I have a lot left to try out

Here is Wilmaps Long Elegant Dress for G2 & Evening Dress for G3 (both on G8)

@Divamakeup  Love the messy clothes , thats just how I like things in real life :)

longdress.png
    800 x 1000 - 1M
    girl1011.png
    800 x 1000 - 655K
    Post edited by Tottallou on
    Tottallou said:
    AllenArt said:

Laurie

That dress was Wilmaps Sweet Spring Dress - Most of Wilmaps clothes that I have tried seem to work well with dforce, I have a lot left to try out

Here is Wilmaps Long Elegant Dress for G2 & Evening Dress for G3 (both on G8)

@Divamakeup  Love the messy clothes , thats just how I like things in real life :)

Ohhh, they do look nice! :D

Laurie

Testing out two layers at the same time, top of dress and waistband of skirt is rigged  

Evenstar dress draped without rigging.

Can't say it enough Lully...I think your dynamic clothes are fabulous! :)

Laurie

• NathNath Posts: 2,713

Josie 8 and G3 MFD in Teletubby Land

Josie MFD.png
    885 x 1014 - 2M
  • LullyLully Posts: 20
    AllenArt said:

Can't say it enough Lully...I think your dynamic clothes are fabulous! :)

We aim to please, Laurie. ;) 

• Okay, my first image contribution to this thread is my first, less than spectacular, failure... G8F and the Lingerie Robe set; Robe has dForce dynamic surface modifier applied but silly me forgot to do something important...

I'll leave it up to you to figure out what I did wrong. cheeky

It went poof.png
    1000 x 1300 - 793K
  • carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,949

Iron it first??

Okay, my first image contribution to this thread is my first, less than spectacular, failure... G8F and the Lingerie Robe set; Robe has dForce dynamic surface modifier applied but silly me forgot to do something important...

I'll leave it up to you to figure out what I did wrong. cheeky

Turn off Self Collide? :)

edited October 2017

Okay, my first image contribution to this thread is my first, less than spectacular, failure... G8F and the Lingerie Robe set; Robe has dForce dynamic surface modifier applied but silly me forgot to do something important...

I'll leave it up to you to figure out what I did wrong. cheeky

Turn off dynamics for the belt? 

edited October 2017

Oops....I forgot this one. This was the very first item of clothing I ever made...maybe 2009 or thereabouts ;). Looked kinda 60s/70s to me so I paired it up with the boots from the G3 Vigilante outfit :).

Have any of you that are using clothes you made yourselves (or are using dynamic clothes from Poser) using just the static obj or are you running it thru the TU first? I've been running everything thru the transfer utility so far so that it picks up autofollow and so that belts and things that I've set to zero dynamics or paint out with a weight map follow along with the figure pose. Anyone see any advantages/disadvantages to this?

Laurie

Simple-Dress.jpg
    1296 x 1800 - 366K