DSON Importer for Poser 1.0.0.13 is now available!

Comments

• TheWheelManTheWheelMan Posts: 1,014
    edited December 1969

Sunfire said:
    I'm waiting for when Stephanie 5 is DSON compatable.

It already is. Morphs don't need Poser Companion Files as long as they are in DS4.5 format. Just install Stephanie 5 in the same place you installed Genesis, and it will show up in the morph dials when you load Genesis in Poser.

• griffon_e3f1dc9370griffon_e3f1dc9370 Posts: 224
    edited December 1969

Sunfire said:
    I'm waiting for when Stephanie 5 is DSON compatable.

It already is. Morphs don't need Poser Companion Files as long as they are in DS4.5 format. Just install Stephanie 5 in the same place you installed Genesis, and it will show up in the morph dials when you load Genesis in Poser.

That part I know, but there is the base Steph texture, and the rest of the stuff I got in my little bundle to go with her and not all of it is ready though some of it is released, but when I reset my bundle I don't get updated files on what should be updated.

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

New version, new thread: DSON Importer for Poser, version 1.0.0.27
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/11137/

• yannich_ff4dab420dyannich_ff4dab420d Posts: 30
    edited December 1969

I bought david 3 for genesis . It's DSON importer compatible but there is only the DS4 installer . I tried to install the files in the genesis same
    folder but I couldn't ....

edited December 1969

Yannich said:
    I bought david 3 for genesis . It's DSON importer compatible but there is only the DS4 installer . I tried to install the files in the genesis same
    folder but I couldn't ....

Install David 3 for Genesis in your directory as you normally would. Then go into Poser and load Genesis, then look through the morphs in the Genesis Figure you will find the David 3 morphs there.

edited December 1969

OMG, it's so easy ! Thank you so much :red:

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,563
    edited December 1969

Yes, D3 for Genesis is only Shape dials, so there are no library files needed.

edited December 1969

Thank you . Next time, I'll try before asking :coolsmile:

• SpookiieSpookiie Posts: 1
    edited December 1969

I have tried a dozen different ways to install this for Poser Pro 2012 and every time I try to load a character I always get the same error message :Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Smith Micro\Poser Pro 2012\Runtime\libraries\Character\ART_AndreaYT\+Andrea_Character.py", line 1, in
    import dson.dzdsonimporter
    ImportError: No module named dson.dzdsonimporter

:blank:

edited December 1969

Spookiie said:
    I have tried a dozen different ways to install this for Poser Pro 2012 and every time I try to load a character I always get the same error message :Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Smith Micro\Poser Pro 2012\Runtime\libraries\Character\ART_AndreaYT\+Andrea_Character.py", line 1, in

:blank:

First you can't keep your DSON compatable content in your primary runtime. It has to be outside the main runtime structure in a directory it can write to.

Second make sure you have SR3 or later installed to your Poser, and that you've installed the right version for your version of poser.

Third, your DSON Importer needs to be installed in the main runtime so that it can properly execute the python scripts, and you MUST make sure you are using the right version and that it installed into the right place. From the directory structure there, you're using the 32 bit Poser Pro, so you must use the 32 bit installer for the DSON Importer and it must be installed in the right place.

• ChoronzonChoronzon Posts: 48
    edited January 2013

Well great. I was wondering about why the DSON program wasn't discounting in the cart but it seems it doesn't work in the first place. Also I never did get a response for the help message I submitted about that issue. That isn't the way things are normally done here. You saved me a lot of cash!

Post edited by Choronzon on
  • KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

Choronzon said:
    Well great. I was wondering about why the DSON program wasn't discounting in the cart but it seems it doesn't work in the first place. Also I never did get a response for the help message I submitted about that issue. That isn't the way things are normally done here. You saved me a lot of cash!

You did add 20Dollars worth of DSON products to your cart?
    http://www.daz3d.com/dson-all/

When and to whom did you write the help message?

edited December 1969

Over that! V5 and M5 and the horse. Nothing.

edited December 1969

It was your help board so it was to no one in particular that I know of.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited January 2013

Choronzon said:

It was your help board so it was to no one in particular that I know of.

OK so you filed a help request, to Zendesk. Did you send it to Sales dept, and give them all the information that they would need.?

When did you send the ticket?

Post edited by Chohole on
    edited December 1969

Not sure! I got the Dson to work though. It wasn't playing nice with your half off offer which made sense to me. Then I tried it alone and it took the 24.95 off but then the Half-off started adding wrong. 12 is half of 46? Your blizzard of offers is making my head hurt dang it. They don't play nice with each other. I am not even going to try that weekend one... buy V5 and get H5 and S5? Good luck getting that to work right.

• VenerisVeneris Posts: 115
    edited December 1969

Amaranth said:
    the frozen library is fixed here now in Poser 9

I get this error when loading clothing

Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "D:\Mijn documenten\Daz 3D\Genesis\Runtime\libraries\Character\DAZ Clothing\Magus\Shorts.py", line 2, in
    dson.dzdsonimporter.loadCompanionDSONFile( sys.argv[0] );
    AttributeError: SetGamma

And Poser 9 crashes when i try to load V5

I have a similar problem, no charge genesis figure.

File "C:\Users\Usuario\Documents\DAZ 3D\Runtime Poser\Runtime\libraries\Character\DAZ People\Genesis.py", line 1, in

This does not work for me.

• TheWheelManTheWheelMan Posts: 1,014
    edited December 1969

Amaranth said:

File "D:\Mijn documenten\Daz 3D\Genesis\Runtime\libraries\Character\DAZ Clothing\Magus\Shorts.py", line 2, in

File "C:\Users\Usuario\Documents\DAZ 3D\Runtime Poser\Runtime\libraries\Character\DAZ People\Genesis.py", line 1, in

Which version of Windows, Poser, and where did you install Poser? looks like it can't find or access the DSON script.

• VenerisVeneris Posts: 115
    edited December 1969

Amaranth said:

Which version of Windows, Poser, and where did you install Poser? looks like it can't find or access the DSON script.

Windows 7 & Poser Pro 2012. For the installation path I followed these steps: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lL2m_OY9izA

• edited December 1969

Ok so i just installed the DSON importer for my Poser 9. (not POSER PRO 2012)
    and I just cant get it to work!
    I get this every time:
    File "/Volumes/Data/items/michael5/Genesis/Runtime/libraries/Character/DAZ People/Basic Female.py", line 1, in

I have tried everything! please tell me what to do? what did i do wrong?

• elektraelektra Posts: 19
    edited March 2013

Hi,

I just updated to Poser Pro 2012, ran the updates and installed the latest version of the DSON installer. I followed the instructions on-line for installing, so I hope I got it all correctly.

I just tried to load the DAZ Horse 2 in Poser and it appears to load as in it shows up in the in the Scene tab as existing, but it's not visible or not really there. Just to note, I had a fast enough load time that I did not even see what the little window said that popped up.

Edited to note: The DAZ Horse 2 is showing up under Characters in Poser and the icons/thumbnails all look normal to me.

I tried to drop the object to the floor in case it loaded way up high for some reason. Then I switched to the Aux camera and zoomed out to see if it loaded somewhere strange. I went through the user guide but it seems to be covering genesis figures and I'm not working with them. I didn't find anything too similar in this thread. Is anyone else having this issue? Here's a copy of the log file:

DSONPoser Starting Thu Mar 28 09:35:01 2013
    creating Scene
    DSON Importer
    Setup
    DSON Write Path: C:/Users/Public/Documents/Poser Pro 2012 Content/Runtime/DSON/auto_adapted
    Parsing DSON File...
    File Path: C:/Users/Public/Documents/Poser 8 Content/Runtime/libraries/Character/DAZ Horse 2/DAZ Horse 2.duf
    Scanning for dynamic assets...
    Writing character file...
    Loading CR2 File
    Applying settings to actors...
    Loaded file: DAZ Horse 2.duf
    Importer Setup in 0 min 0.0 sec.
    DSON File Read in 0 min 0.0 sec.
    DSON Dynamic Read in 0 min 0.0 sec.
    Poser Native File Created in 0 min 0.0 sec.
    Poser Native File Loaded in 0 min 0.2 sec.
    Applied Settings in 0 min 0.0 sec.
    Total File Load in 0 min 0.3 sec.
    Done

On a side note: I never know where I'm going to find anything in D|S which is why I rarely use it. I can for the most part find the things I install in Poser. Where content installs to, in D|S, doesn't seem to be consistent.

Post edited by elektra on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 95,997
    edited December 1969

Sounds as if you either didn't isntall the DSON core files (the actual DS installer for the product), or you isntalled them to a folder that isn't selected as an external library folder in Poser - C:/Users/Public/Documents/Poser 8 Content/ would be the one to install to.

edited March 2013

I installed the DSON Importer first. Following the instructions from the DSON support pages.

It asked me where the runtime is and there are two one under program files/smith micro/poser pro2012
    and one under users/public/documents/poser pro 2012 content.

Because I really dislike spending almost a month reinstalling everything I own in Poser, I've kept Poser 8 and keep my content installed there. I just add that runtime into 2012. Is this where DSON Importer needs to go?

Or are you referring to the files for the DAZ Horse 2?

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 95,997
    edited December 1969

I meant the files for Horse 2, or any other content. You need the Poser Companion Files (for the library files) and the base DAZ Studio/DSON Core files (for the equivalent of the Geometries folder and for the textures).

edited December 1969

Okay, any files for the Horse were installed like this: If it had the letters dpc in the file name, I thought that stood for DAZ Poser Content and that would be installed to users/public/public documents/Poser 8 content. Any other files would go to the folder for D|S content. That is Users/name/documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,563
    edited December 1969

elektra said:
    Okay, any files for the Horse were installed like this: If it had the letters dpc in the file name, I thought that stood for DAZ Poser Content and that would be installed to users/public/public documents/Poser 8 content. Any other files would go to the folder for D|S content. That is Users/name/documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library

Is Users/name/documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library listed in Poser as an external runtime?

edited March 2013

I don't believe so. I didn't know that was required. Did I miss that in the User Guide? I will add it in, if it isn't and post back the results.

edited December 1969

Just going back into Poser now and got the following:

An errror occurred importing addon dson :
    ERROR: No module named dzdsonimporter

edited December 1969

Okay, added in the D|S library and removed and reinstalled DSON and was able to import the DAZ Horse 2.

Thank you for your assistance!