DSON Importer for Poser 1.0.0.27 is now available!

DAZ_BrianDAZ_Brian Posts: 345
edited January 2013 in The Commons

DAZ 3D is pleased to announce the release of DSON Importer for Poser, version 1.0.0.27!

What is new in this version? Do I need to update my copy?

The 1.0.0.27 version is a bugfix release. It resolves several issues with the loading and/or handling of DSON format content. All new downloads of the product will be of this version. A change log with additional information can be viewed on the Documentation Center.

The highlights are:

1) This release resolves the "SetGamma" error message popup for Poser 9 users, introduced by the previous release (1.0.0.13), when loading DSON based assets that apply images to a surface.

2) This release fixes loading issues with some saved scenes that the "Transfer Active Morphs" script had been used on.

3) Modified import so that only subd props come in with smooth polygons enabled.

For more information on the previous release (1.0.0.13), see this thread.

Has the Genesis Starter Essentials content been updated too?

No, the Genesis Starter Essentials content that is provided with the product has not been updated. There is no need to download it again if you already have the 1.6 version that came with the initial release.

How do I get the latest version?

If you have previously purchased DSON Importer for Poser, simply locate it within your Itemized Order History and then click the "Reset" link on its immediate right. This will cause new links for downloading the latest version to be added to your My Downloadable Products list.

If this is your first time downloading DSON Importer for Poser, simply follow this link, click the "add to cart" button on the page and then follow the checkout process.

Is there any documentation?

Yes, documentation is located here. Within the User Guide section, you will find information relating to:

- Installation and Requirements
- Using the DSON Importer for Poser
- Converting Content for use with the DSON Importer for Poser

Post edited by rbtwhiz on

Comments

• SmoovArtSmoovArt Posts: 57
    edited December 1969

Daz should be a dear and automatically reset the "DSON Importer for Poser", for all that have it in their "Itemized Order History". So that their valued customers, can avoid having to bother with this flawed "Itemized Order History" list

• KalypsoKalypso Posts: 208
    edited December 1969

Do we have to uninstall the previous version or do we just run the .exe again and it will overwrite?

• griffon_e3f1dc9370griffon_e3f1dc9370 Posts: 224
    edited December 1969

Kalypso said:
    Do we have to uninstall the previous version or do we just run the .exe again and it will overwrite?

The installer asks if you want to uninstall and advises you do, I just made sure yes was checked and continued on with the instillation.

• Nester751Nester751 Posts: 361
    edited December 1969

Is there a way in Poser to tell which version of DSON is currently installed or do we have to keep checking our account history for the version number?

• peteVaultpeteVault Posts: 308
    edited December 1969

Is there any kind of list of which files have been converted to DSON files. For example....The Troll for Genesis has been converted.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 95,997
    edited December 1969

Nester751 said:
    Is there a way in Poser to tell which version of DSON is currently installed or do we have to keep checking our account history for the version number?

I can't see one, but it might be possible to add the version number to the log (as DS does, for example) - you could make a feature request through the bug tracker.

• KalypsoKalypso Posts: 208
    edited December 1969

Sunfire said:
    Kalypso said:

The installer asks if you want to uninstall and advises you do, I just made sure yes was checked and continued on with the instillation.

Thanks, just installed it too. I never did have any trouble with it but updated just in case.

• edited December 1969

Thank you DAZ! I just installed the new version of DSON. I have Poser 9 & I am now able to work with Genesis. I've found no problems so far. (Knock on wood.) I let it install over my old version & the only change I made was selecting Poser 9 instead of letting it install to the default Poser Pro 2012

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 95,997
    edited December 1969

Nester751 said:

I can't see one, but it might be possible to add the version number to the log (as DS does, for example) - you could make a feature request through the bug tracker.

I've just been given a solution that works now:

Start Poser.

In Poser, go to Scripts>Python Shell

Into the window that opens, type

import dson.dzdsonimporter

and hit return, then type
    dson.dzdsonimporter.version(){/code]
    (as you type the second line a pop-up will appear with suggestions - once you see the one you want you can double-click on it to avoid having to type the whole thing out, but don't forget to add the parentheses at the end)
    and hit return - the version number of the importer will then be shown.
    DSONIMporter_version.jpg
    563 x 412 - 47K
  • Midnight_storiesMidnight_stories Posts: 4,112
    edited December 1969

Very good Richard, easy to understand !!!

edited December 1969

Oh yeah....it's working now.

Test2.jpg
    720 x 480 - 92K
  • KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

pete.c44 said:
    Is there any kind of list of which files have been converted to DSON files. For example....The Troll for Genesis has been converted.

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/dson-all

• edited December 1969

Glad the new built solves the library problemes some folks had, but when will the broken Poser scaling be fixed ?

With neither the (newly improved) Poser scaling working, nor Genesis' built in moveable joint centers being directly acessible in Poser, Genesis' flexibility is severely crippled.

All my characters are created strictly following real world proportions, so I do need a working and fully controlable way to lenghten or shorten limbs, broaden shoulders, re-scale feet and hands, etc.

Scaling works great in Studio and it (finally) works great for every other figure in Poser, too, so what is the problem ?

edited December 1969

Kerya said:
    pete.c44 said:

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/dson-all

Thank you, Kerya.

edited December 1969

Thank you Richard. Will check. Noticed the new newsletter stating it's been updated again. Hopefully I've already got it, but if not, now I have an easy way to check :)

edited December 1969

Another quick question on updating. Do I need to download and update the Genesis Starter Essentials as well each time the plug in updates?

• TheWheelManTheWheelMan Posts: 1,014
    edited December 1969

Nester751 said:
    Another quick question on updating. Do I need to download and update the Genesis Starter Essentials as well each time the plug in updates?

No, just the plugin was updated.

• edited December 1969

My first full character & costume test with Genesis in poser,

it worked out in the end , but I have to say the genesis clothes were missing a few basics which caused some problems & the applying of morphs was far from perfect.

Still I'm intrested enough to keep an eye on Genesis even if I dont throw huge sums of money at it.

Oh yes I used my own Orc texture on the figure

Orc_1_rr.jpg
    899 x 1200 - 339K
    edited December 1969

Nester751 said:

No, just the plugin was updated.

Thank you TheWheelMan

• JoeQuickJoeQuick Posts: 1,697
    edited November 2012

When I start up Poser, I get this error:

An errror occurred importing addon dson :
    ERROR: DLL load failed: %1 is not a valid Win32 application.

Then, if I try to load Genesis, I get this one:

Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "C:\Users\user\Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\My Library\Runtime\libraries\Character\DAZ People\Genesis.py", line 1, in
    File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Smith Micro\Poser 9\Runtime\Python\addons\dson\__init__.py", line 3, in
    ImportError: DLL load failed: %1 is not a valid Win32 application.

Is there a solution to this problem? In skimming over the past DSON threads I didn't catch one. I am using the most recent DSON installer and Poser Service Update. And since some little snot is going to point it out, I also used the 64 bit DSON installer.

Post edited by JoeQuick on
    edited December 1969

Joequick said:

File "C:\Users\user\Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\My Library\Runtime\libraries\Character\DAZ People\Genesis.py", line 1, in
    File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Smith Micro\Poser 9\Runtime\Python\addons\dson\__init__.py", line 3, in

Is there a solution to this problem? In skimming over the past DSON threads I didn't catch one. I am using the most recent DSON installer and Poser Service Update. And since some little snot is going to point it out, I also used the 64 bit DSON installer.

Poser 9? If so it's a 32 bit application and you need to use the 32 bit DSON installer even if you are running Poser 9 on a 64 bit machine.

• JoeQuickJoeQuick Posts: 1,697
    edited December 1969

Sunfire said:
    Joequick said:

Poser 9? If so it's a 32 bit application and you need to use the 32 bit DSON installer even if you are running Poser 9 on a 64 bit machine.

That did it. Should teach me to preemptively call anyone a "little snot".

edited December 1969

I've noticed there's a lot of Daz Originals that seem to be rather slow in getting converted. LIke the Royal Elf for Genesis, and it's textures. I could do it myself if I could figure out how to save things in the new duf format but the one time I tried it said something about needing the morphs or something.

• semidieusemidieu Posts: 26
    edited December 1969

Question regarding DSON and the UV Sets.

Is there an easy (or not easy?) way to SWITCH the UV sets using DSON ?

• RogerbeeRogerbee Posts: 4,460
    edited November 2012

If you mean switching UV's so you can use Gen 4 textures and other Gen 5 ones, there is an easy way, you just get this:

http://www.mec4d.com/store/index.php?_a=viewProd&productId=86

CHEERS!

Post edited by Rogerbee on
    edited December 1969

semidieu said:
    Question regarding DSON and the UV Sets.

Is there an easy (or not easy?) way to SWITCH the UV sets using DSON ?

Mec4D has a nice free little uv switcher on her site.

edited December 1969

LOL, great minds think alike!

CHEERS!

edited December 1969

Cheers! Great minds and a great product. I hope she'll update it for H5 and Stephenie 5 once they get Steph DSON compatable for her uv mapping and all.

edited December 1969

Yeah, they really should get round to that. Why have characters and poses when you can't use the base figure!?

CHEERS!

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

Rogerbee said:
    If you mean switching UV's so you can use Gen 4 textures and other Gen 5 ones, there is an easy way, you just get this:

http://www.mec4d.com/store/index.php?_a=viewProd&productId=86

CHEERS!

And some more are here
    http://kaos3d.deviantart.com/art/Poser-Genesis-UV-INJ-s-331992134