DSON Importer for Poser 1.0.0.13 is now available!

Comments

• ByrdieByrdie Posts: 1,751
    edited December 1969

Just noticed the same when I ran the Daz History Manager. I reset a couple of items but found no Poser Companion files.

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

adzan said:
    Hi

Was the Daz official Genesis Meets Poser - Introducing DSON Importer for Poser thread set to read only? because I can't quote or leave a new response. this thread > http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/9405/

It was ended with
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/9860/

We have updated the DSON Importer for Poser and resolved this issue as well as a couple others.

Kat

Which is leading to this thread, so this is the official continuation of the official thread.
    New because of the update of the DSON importer.

To circumnavigate the no quote problem: copy / paste the text to an answer here and use the "quote" formatting.

edited December 1969

Byrdie said:
    Just noticed the same when I ran the Daz History Manager. I reset a couple of items but found no Poser Companion files.

I am afraid Daz had the brilliant idea to use the title of the category (Genesis + Poser) to add everything that is Poser compatible.
    Don't ask me how we are intended to find out which Genesis products are updated ...
    :roll:

edited December 1969

Er ... that would mean most of the store, wouldn't it? At least three quarters, wonder who came up with that one? And what they were thinking at the time.

• griffon_e3f1dc9370griffon_e3f1dc9370 Posts: 224
    edited December 1969

Kerya said:
    Byrdie said:

I am afraid Daz had the brilliant idea to use the title of the category (Genesis + Poser) to add everything that is Poser compatible.
    Don't ask me how we are intended to find out which Genesis products are updated ...
    :roll:

The Epic Wings and Stephanie 5 were never Poser compatable and definietely need the PCF to work.

edited December 1969

I have also noticed that most of the stuff that showed up yesterday in the genesis poser category is gone.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,563
    edited December 1969

Yes, it was a mistake, hopefully all the incorrect stuff has been removed.

edited December 1969

Yes, it was a mistake, hopefully all the incorrect stuff has been removed.

You got my hopes up... I wanted to use the epic wings in Poser. :(

edited December 1969

Well - there is now 121 products (compared to the 106 before, so there are more now):
    http://www.daz3d.com/shop/dson-all

Mavka has been updated! :)

By the way: if you download Taozen's newest version of the Dazhistorymanager: it can search your order history for DSON updates.

• estheresther Posts: 608
    edited December 1969

but I am on mac and haven't got taozen's history manager to work yet. And DAZ have mixed the new DSON compatible stuff in amongst the old stuff which I already have bought a ton of, so now I don't know what things I still need to buy. At present I am just looking at the most recent things on the first page but I know from the number of items that I am missing stuff (I just don't know what without too much work)
    Love esther

edited December 1969

esther said:
    but I am on mac and haven't got taozen's history manager to work yet. And DAZ have mixed the new DSON compatible stuff in amongst the old stuff which I already have bought a ton of, so now I don't know what things I still need to buy. At present I am just looking at the most recent things on the first page but I know from the number of items that I am missing stuff (I just don't know what without too much work)
    Love esther

Well - at least the mixup was cleared. Now they just have to make the page readable again.
    Look for this category
    http://www.daz3d.com/shop/dson-all
    It's 121 items now.

• colin1@pacbell.net[email protected] Posts: 143
    edited December 1969

I purchased the Michael 5 Pro Bundle which included BOTH shaved and un-shaved body MATs for Phillip.

However, when I download and install the Michael 5 Pro Bundle Poser Companion files, only the shaved version of Phillip is included.

How can I get the Poser Companion files for the Michael 5 un-shaved Phillip MATs?

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,563
    edited December 1969

Colin said:
    I purchased the Michael 5 Pro Bundle which included BOTH shaved and un-shaved body MATs for Phillip.

However, when I download and install the Michael 5 Pro Bundle Poser Companion files, only the shaved version of Phillip is included.

How can I get the Poser Companion files for the Michael 5 un-shaved Phillip MATs?

That sounds like a bug. Have you filed a bug report before? The address is bugs.daz3d.com
    If you've never used it before, you need to register first -- it isn't tied to your daz3d account
    In the upper right corner where it says Project, choose "Content Products"

edited December 1969

Colin said:

That sounds like a bug. Have you filed a bug report before? The address is bugs.daz3d.com
    If you've never used it before, you need to register first -- it isn't tied to your daz3d account

If it's a bug it spans more than one person. I've only got the unshaven Phillip texture as well. With NO tat option anywhere, and there's none of the textures for the face for various forms of scruffiness.

• TheWheelManTheWheelMan Posts: 1,014
    edited December 1969

Sunfire said:
    Colin said:

If it's a bug it spans more than one person...

I think that was the point Sunfire was making by saying, "it sounds like a bug".

edited December 1969

Does anybody know if the Genesis Face & Body hair will work with this? Have Studio & can make my own Poser Companion Files if any don't come with.

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,139
    edited October 2012

Ran into a snag. Made the Poser files for Bruno for Poser using the script but two things... In Poser, Genesis is loading up green.... that seems odd. I added the My Library Runtime and all the stuff shows up but when I double click on the Bruno Smooth body MAT something happens but nothing changes. In the Material Room he's still green and there is no indication that there are texture maps in place. HELP?

PS.. Running Poser Pro 2012 64 bit

Post edited by RAMWolff on
  • PtropePtrope Posts: 679
    edited December 1969

Okay, I think I've figured out how to convert clothing items from D|S to Poser using the Importer, but it looks like Genesis in Poser is going to be a very naked person, unless it's wearing the Magus outfit. I tried converting the BBlsNighty from "Boudoir Bliss," and the result was a ragged, misshapen sack with missing geometry, and which would not scale with the figure when I dial in a different body type (in this case, Basic Child is .400)

So are there any tips for a successful conversion and import? The user guides are pretty obscure (a. is it obvious where any content is located in the libraries? b. when instructed to replace metadata, there's no information on where the existing metadata might be nor on where NEW metadata might be located, nor why this step is even required), plus the entire process is unbelievably ponderous - why wasn't this designed to simply allow the user to click on an item, or better yet, an entire folder, and when choosing to create Poser files, it goes through and does what needs to be done, rather than having the user first figure out where the assets are, save each model separately as a DUF file that they have to figure out the correct name of (the instructions say this should be prefilled, but all that is there is an unchangeable filetype of DUF and no previous filename), and then run the conversion script?

I realize that beggars can't be choosers, but surely, in the interest of retaining customers and attracting new ones, someone thought that maybe it would be good to test this with real users and real content to see if it made any sense, and if it made anything useable in the end?

Fallout001.jpg
    1200 x 800 - 78K
    edited October 2012

I may be wrong but I clicked the second radio button to bypass the metadata request since my Bruno has no meta data as of yet. If it's a figure then choose the cr2 option in the drop down list since it's a clothing item and try that out.

cr2PoserDSON.jpg
    749 x 543 - 133K
    Post edited by RAMWolff on
  • Male-M3diaMale-M3dia Posts: 3,581
    edited December 1969

Ptrope said:
    Okay, I think I've figured out how to convert clothing items from D|S to Poser using the Importer, but it looks like Genesis in Poser is going to be a very naked person, unless it's wearing the Magus outfit. I tried converting the BBlsNighty from "Boudoir Bliss," and the result was a ragged, misshapen sack with missing geometry, and which would not scale with the figure when I dial in a different body type (in this case, Basic Child is .400)

So are there any tips for a successful conversion and import? The user guides are pretty obscure (a. is it obvious where any content is located in the libraries? b. when instructed to replace metadata, there's no information on where the existing metadata might be nor on where NEW metadata might be located, nor why this step is even required), plus the entire process is unbelievably ponderous - why wasn't this designed to simply allow the user to click on an item, or better yet, an entire folder, and when choosing to create Poser files, it goes through and does what needs to be done, rather than having the user first figure out where the assets are, save each model separately as a DUF file that they have to figure out the correct name of (the instructions say this should be prefilled, but all that is there is an unchangeable filetype of DUF and no previous filename), and then run the conversion script?

I realize that beggars can't be choosers, but surely, in the interest of retaining customers and attracting new ones, someone thought that maybe it would be good to test this with real users and real content to see if it made any sense, and if it made anything useable in the end?

Did you try to use the "Transfer Active Morphs" from the python menu once you set the figure the way you wanted? Conforming to different shapes is not automatic in Poser.

Also, you can convert items by directory, but yes you do have to make sure the files are in DSON format before you do.

• Vholf3DVholf3D Posts: 63
    edited December 1969

I don't know if this has been mention already, but I did a manual conversion of "Four Arms for Genesis" and although it works great in Poser, bending, morphs and all, I can't turn off subdivision for the arms. I tried both the script and setting the value manually in the parameters, but the geometry remains sub-divided. It turns on and off for Genesis, but the arms settings remain unchanged.

edited December 1969

Is there, somewhere... a tutorial or something on how to save a clothing item in DS? Like a pair of pants or something for Genesis...

edited December 1969

RAMWolff said:
    Ran into a snag. Made the Poser files for Bruno for Poser using the script but two things... In Poser, Genesis is loading up green.... that seems odd. I added the My Library Runtime and all the stuff shows up but when I double click on the Bruno Smooth body MAT something happens but nothing changes. In the Material Room he's still green and there is no indication that there are texture maps in place. HELP?

OK.. got the issue resolved. I did run into another issue though. The eyes are rendering washed out. I tried changing the eye color and same thing. So perhaps the eye settings didn't translate over correctly? Any tips? I don't normally use Poser so need some feedback to put in the Readme for when Bruno for Genesis is released. Thanks! :-)

Notice also that the over all render looks very faded out like he's in fog or something?

BrunoEyesWashedOut.jpg
    920 x 826 - 160K
    edited December 1969

RAMWolff said:
    RAMWolff said:

OK.. got the issue resolved. I did run into another issue though. The eyes are rendering washed out. I tried changing the eye color and same thing. So perhaps the eye settings didn't translate over correctly? Any tips? I don't normally use Poser so need some feedback to put in the Readme for when Bruno for Genesis is released. Thanks! :-)

Notice also that the over all render looks very faded out like he's in fog or something?

Not sure about the eyes except for maybe looking in the material room to see what they're doing. The faded look is the gamma correction, go into the render settings and uncheck gamma correction and you'll get a non-faded Bruno.

edited December 1969

Thanks... OK, turning the Gamma all the way off produced some strange artifacts so put it back on but set it to 1.00 and that seems allot better. Eyes are no longer washed out either.

edited December 1969

Hmmm, I use a reflection map for the Cornea which produces a pretty natural reflection in DAZ Studio but in Poser it's what's causing the eyes to wash out. Not sure how to resolve this. Can someone post some instructions on how to make a nice reflective setting for the eyes without using the Cornea that will translate between both programs? I don't mind redoing the eye settings. Skin looks fine now but the eyes are important, esp in close ups... Thanks!

• edited December 1969

once again I have moved dson material items from the original folders & they wont work properly , I hate python scripts, why cant we have proper poser files for poser

oh & why did I move them one was called bobbie25, the other clothing. both are done by daz & bobbie25. Why different folders

• TheWheelManTheWheelMan Posts: 1,014
    edited December 1969

greyson5 said:
    once again I have moved dson material items from the original folders & they wont work properly , I hate python scripts, why cant we have proper poser files for poser

oh & why did I move them one was called bobbie25, the other clothing. both are done by daz & bobbie25. Why different folders

Python is used in a lot of "proper Poser products" too, and besides, I've had no problems whatsoever with the DSON Importer or its files so far. Why are you moving the files around anyway? I have my Poser runtimes organized, and I have often moved things around too, but I wouldn't touch these new DSON files until I had a better understanding of how everything works and what can and can't be moved.

edited December 1969

What I do if IF you must move anything do that BEFORE you invoke Poser or DAZ Studio, so the new meta data is stored properly. Seems to have worked fine for me in this way. Keep in mind folks, this is all very new. baby steps so gotta be patient. Yea, we all feel like beta testers... that's just the way it is! lmao!

edited December 1969

Getting the updated MATS for Bruno in place now... I totally messed up. Seems that Poser uses Ambient light differently so most of my skin and eyes looked washed out in Poser but very nice in DAZ Studio, just goes to show you have differently each program uses these channels. So redid all the eye maps so far, got the Hairy Bruno option done and have just the facial hair options and the smooth skin option to do. Off for lunch now.... Ceeya...