"Brace yourself, my dear wallet! There's always another Sale - and Glitches!"

Comments

• play games, or watch some movies.  Mainly just veg out and let the gray matter relax.

Done while Daz renders.

I used to do music and Daz at the same time, but my brain resets and I lose the groove.

I want two machines powerful enough to run Daz (at the level I'm currently used to) so I can switch back and forth.

It's either that or a single monster rig when the funds are available and we get a difinitive 'Awesome Choice" in all these benchmark races.

• dragotxdragotx Posts: 1,134
    avxp said:

play games, or watch some movies.  Mainly just veg out and let the gray matter relax.

Done while Daz renders.

I used to do music and Daz at the same time, but my brain resets and I lose the groove.

I want two machines powerful enough to run Daz (at the level I'm currently used to) so I can switch back and forth.

It's either that or a single monster rig when the funds are available and we get a difinitive 'Awesome Choice" in all these benchmark races.

I was talking more about those times when I hit a slump and can't come up with any ideas for a render, it's how I recharge my batteries.  

And having 2 machines for Daz is awesome when I'm on a roll, I'm set up that way and tend to work on both of them at once if I'm on a roll, or poke around on a scene on one during loading screens or other downtime if I'm playing a game on my main rig.  It also comes in handy for clearing my queue of renders out quickly on after the weekend when I've got 6 or 7 ready to go.

• y3kmany3kman Posts: 765

Why call it an Egyptian mega fast grab when only one item is related to Egypt?

• y3kman said:

Yeah LOL

Mei Lin?  The Taj Mahal??

Methinks Daz Marketing need to buy an atlas.

• AtiAti Posts: 9,078

I was pretty excited by iray Rain in normal Fastgrab. Though I need to get my rendering groove back. I seem to be going through a dry spell, which is always ugly. Can't escape the 'what if I never make a nice picture again???' fear.

Rais is always perfect for that mood! :)))

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,013
    edited September 2017
    y3kman said:

Yeah LOL

Mei Lin?  The Taj Mahal??

Methinks Daz Marketing need to buy an atlas.

I too thought the content of  that category was rather funny. Definitely not my definition of egyptian ;)

Post edited by Leana on
  • It worked late last night, but now the 360 Rotating Turntable isn't triggering the debut item discounts.

• Mayday!  Mayday!  Steampunk Fast Grab and High Seas Fast Grab are now 404's.  And on the banner, the G3F flashsale is coming up 404 too.

Keep bailing out, we're sinking fast!

• ByrdieByrdie Posts: 1,775

Still New release is not triggering the 75% discount on MegaFast grab items, nor anythimng else it's supposed to. At least not in my cart.  :-(

• LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770

Great ideas! Haven't had a chance to check out much today. Just got back from chasing preschoolers in an apple orchard (and no, it wasn't TangoAlpha's, LOL) 

avxp said:

You could try leaving some 'undone' and have an unfinished projects bin.

I have document(s) where I jot down all my good ideas worth exploring when I have time.

That way, you can get to the end of a work with minimal fuss.

I find a sense of accomplishment always pushes me forward.

Also, you should probably take a night to really look at your body of work.

Enjoy what you've done, feel good about your works (or decide you see some areas to improve in)  and realize the world needs more. angel

And worst of all-

is buy something new that inspires you. lol

• Looks like we're back in business.

• Byrdie said:

Still New release is not triggering the 75% discount on MegaFast grab items, nor anythimng else it's supposed to. At least not in my cart.  :-(

Seems to be working for me trying items from a couple of categories.

• ByrdieByrdie Posts: 1,775

Working now. Hope it keeps on working long as it's supposed to, I've still a couple must-haves on my list.

• jcbunnjcbunn Posts: 269
    edited September 2017

9-29-17

2 Debut = 50% off plus extra 15% should come to 65% right ?

WW2 uniform and textures only giving 57% off 

Post edited by jcbunn on
  • MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,133
    edited September 2017
    jcbunn said:

9-29-17

DAZ Maths are (nearly) always multiplicative not additive. So 50% less 15% = 0.5 * 0.85 = 0.425 times full price.

Post edited by MelanieL on
    jcbunn said:

9-29-17

50% off plus 15% off should be 57,5% off.

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479
    edited September 2017
    jcbunn said:

9-29-17

I thought I'd mention here Daz will almost always make it clear when the discounts are added together. For example, throughout the PA Festival, they have advertised buy 1 get 40% off, buy 2 or more and get 50% off. That's additive. Extra discounts are always applied one after another, like this:

Retail - Disc1 = Balance1; Balance1 - Disc2 = Balance2; ... BalanceN - DiscN+1 = BalanceN+1

It's not common to have more than 2 or 3 discounts stack, but sometimes it happens. (Glitches, mostly. And Daz has done a good job of minimizing those glitches!)

I hope this helps.

Post edited by L'Adair on
  • Is there supposed to be a Still New on the new sale page? The link doesn't work.

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479
    edited September 2017

Is there supposed to be a Still New on the new sale page? The link doesn't work.

The discounts don't work, either, if you put something still new in your cart from the main store pages.

ETA: They show as 40% off on the sales page, but only 30% off in the cart.

No PA discounts in cart 2017-09-29_23.57.01.png
    1151 x 912 - 111K
    Post edited by L'Adair on
  • And no catchup on previous Fastgrabs.

More disappointing day this month, or it it just me ?

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,552
    Orpheus13 said:

And no catchup on previous Fastgrabs.

Just you, LOL. from past PA sales, the discount is usually less on the catchup sale.

Orpheus13 said:

And no catchup on previous Fastgrabs.

Just you, LOL. from past PA sales, the discount is usually less on the catchup sale.

It was the same during the mid-month catch-up sale this year.

• y3kmany3kman Posts: 765

Before I pull the trigger on my cart, 50% is the max discount you could get (excluding the Daz Originals), right? No glitches or anything like that?

• I tried and confirmed; reporting.

L'Adair said:

Is there supposed to be a Still New on the new sale page? The link doesn't work.

The discounts don't work, either, if you put something still new in your cart from the main store pages.

ETA: They show as 40% off on the sales page, but only 30% off in the cart.

• jardinejardine Posts: 1,190
    edited September 2017

the only PA sale new releases i'm seeing an 'on sale' discount on in the storefront are yesterday's premiere items.  the storefront's only showing 30% off on most everything else.

guess i won't be doing much 'catching up' thismorning...

Post edited by jardine on
    y3kman said:

Before I pull the trigger on my cart, 50% is the max discount you could get (excluding the Daz Originals), right? No glitches or anything like that?

On which items? Some go as far as 80%.

• LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770

There doesn't seem to be a link or a way to view Still New Releases from the sales page. Having to go to the main page instead and just look at them by release date.

• mr clammr clam Posts: 707

The Orc Brute for Genesis 8 is advertised as 100% off, but it costs $10.98 when it's in the cart. Am I missing something?

• 3DMinh3DMinh Posts: 220

Is it a bug that only Yesterday New Debut Items are on sales? I thought all New Release Items from the whole month are back on 40 - 50% sales?

sales.PNG
    1468 x 348 - 689K
    mr clam said:

The Orc Brute for Genesis 8 is advertised as 100% off, but it costs $10.98 when it's in the cart. Am I missing something?

Where is it advertised as 100% off? surprise

This discussion has been closed.