[Released] LAMH2Iray Catalyzer: 1.8 update available [Commercial]

Comments

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Here is something a bit odd.  I loaded the updates via DIM to my laptop.  No problem, they showed up fine etc etc.  However, when I went to to do the updates on my PC, they were not there.  I had to uninstall and reinstall each animal in order for the updated Catalyzer animals to show in my studio.  Not a big deal just odd, as I have never had it do that before.  Easy enough for me to do, but I thought I would mention it if anyone else runs into this trying to install the updates via DIM on two different systems. I haven't even had a chance to give any of them a try yet, but I am looking forward to checking it out as soon as I can. 

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232

There doesn't seem to be any LAMH presets for the Beaver and the Skunk.

I have the skunk — there's a bit of a weirdness with a few of the critters, the LaMH files are included in the DS installer instead of a separate one like all the others.

• JoepingletonJoepingleton Posts: 746
    edited August 2017

Thank you Alessandro for the update and great products

I had to try to break the latest update to "LAMH 2 Iray Catalyzer". I gave up at six Pumas because I couldn't figure how to fit in any more. It handled everything I threw at it. NO CRASHES  :happybounce:  .  No post work.

puma01.jpg
    960 x 540 - 189K
    Post edited by Joepingleton on
  • Thank you Alessandro for the update and great products

I had to try to break the latest update to "LAMH 2 Iray Catalyzer". I gave up at six Pumas because I couldn't figure how to fit in any more. It handled everything I threw at it. NO CRASHES  :happybounce:  .  No post work.

You're welcome Joe, awesome how many critters you stuffed there! In one of my extreme tests, I have tried with 9 different critters, see here...

5c4abb48-db9b-43c5-a3ae-57447a19d5cf.jpg
    2048 x 1779 - 601K
  • KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191

I rendered the raccoon the other day with the Catalyzer and he turned out great.  This is the version with postwork that I uploaded to my gallery:

I was surprised at how quickly he rendered with the Catalyzer on my system so I set up the same scene with the same lighting and same settings and rendered the LAMH version, converted to Iray, of the raccoon to see what the time difference was.  Here are my time differences according to my logfile:

LAMH Render Time:  Total Rendering Time: 4 hours 34 minutes 37.25 seconds

Catalyzer Render Time:  Total Rendering Time: 1 hours 43 minutes 3.50 seconds

I was surprised at the difference, but very happy.  I love quicker renders.  The Catalyzer version looks SO much better than just exporting the fiberhair for rendering in Iray, too.  Anyone who wants to see the whole comparison with the original non-postworked renders can do so here on my Lab thread.  

I'm so glad I got this.  I'm another one, though, who would like to see this get to the point where I could use it with my own presets or presets that others have done.  Nice job, though, AM!  I'm very pleased.

• BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 6,982

After the update - 4.8 still crashes. In 4.9 Beta, things run smoothly and without crash. Even the scene that crashed after loading it now renders fine no matter what movements I make.

Thumbs up from here. smiley

• dreamfarmerdreamfarmer Posts: 2,128

I keep breaking the script updates without even trying. :-( Sending stuff directly to Alessandro but also posting here so other people having problems are aware it's not just them.

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146

Cheers,

Alex.

Hey Alex, I think it's a store quirk, there should be Catalyzer presets for both, maybe they aren't just showing in your account. Send an inquiry to support, they should be able to fix it. Or maybe try with the DIM?

I just manually downloaded them from my product download area and within are the iRAY folders and just added those to each folder that needed the iRAY files.  Tiny bit time consuming but certainly not horrible.  Thanks again Alex for the update to the other critter... caribou! 

• Silent WinterSilent Winter Posts: 3,612

Running the 1.2 update - so far so good.

Lag seems to be gone on non-LAMH scenes too :)

edited August 2017

Anybody having problems with the Caribou Calf Catalyzer figure?  It imports in with the warning "There is no matching figure available, continue?" and crashes my DAZ Studio.

• Anybody having problems with the Caribou Calf Catalyzer figure?  It imports in with the warning "There is no matching figure available, continue?" and crashes my DAZ Studio.

I did a quick test .

I get the same warning , but my studio doesn't crash.

cariboucatalyzercalf.JPG
    291 x 102 - 14K
  • jedijuddjedijudd Posts: 606

Not sure what I am doing wrong, in every render the hair turns out white, and I can not find the catalyzer options for the big cats 2

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479

I was running tests with that pesky squirrel again. I managed to render it two or three times, (alone,) trying some of the options in Catalyzer. Didn't save or close the render windows. Then next test render crashed DS. Renders were at 800px square. Continued to have lag in DS afterward. Uninstalled the update for now. Until I have time to devote to it.

When it works, it works like a dream. I have high hopes for the future of Catalyzer.

• alexhcowleyalexhcowley Posts: 2,309

Cheers,

Alex.

Hey Alex, I think it's a store quirk, there should be Catalyzer presets for both, maybe they aren't just showing in your account. Send an inquiry to support, they should be able to fix it. Or maybe try with the DIM?

MelanieL, above, suggests that the LAMH preset is bundled with the main installer.  In most of the animals, it's a seperate download.  I redownloaded all the animals yesterday so I'm going to unzip them when I get a spare minute and check.

Cheers,

Alex.

• Alessandro MastronardiAlessandro Mastronardi Posts: 2,593
    edited August 2017

Hello folks, see below...

18 August 2017
    Update 1.3, addressing error on loading the Caribou Calf model:

Windows 64bit Catalyzer 1.3 (copy and overwrite the zip content in your '\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\plugins\' folder)
    macOS Catalyzer 1.3 (copy and overwrite the zip content in your '\Applications\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\plugins\' folder)

If for some reasons you need to revert to the initial release version, you can obviously use the DIM or the original installer again.

In case of issues please email me at [email protected] sending a brief description of the problem and:

• the Catalyzer log file (/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/LAMH2Iray Catalyzer/LAMH2IrayCatalyzerLogFile.txt)
    • the DAZ Studio log file (menu Help->Troubleshooting->View Log File)

Thanks!

Post edited by Alessandro Mastronardi on
  • Silent WinterSilent Winter Posts: 3,612

Wow, 1.3 already - now that's great support.

I'm currently playing with 1.2 and going great so far :)

• jedijuddjedijudd Posts: 606

Sorry to post about the same problem twice but can anyony tell me what I am doing wrong, why is the hair white and not the color of the skin?

Lion Test.jpg
    1200 x 1050 - 298K
  • MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,092
    edited August 2017

Cheers,

Alex.

MelanieL, above, suggests that the LAMH preset is bundled with the main installer.  In most of the animals, it's a seperate download.  I redownloaded all the animals yesterday so I'm going to unzip them when I get a spare minute and check.

Cheers,

Alex.

Actually I just took another look and the "only-one-installer" .zips do not seem to have .lmh files in them at all. So unless .lmh files are no longer needed (?) maybe the reason they are working for me is that DIM didn't remove those files from previous installations.
    Post edited by MelanieL on
  • MelanieL said:

Cheers,

Alex.

Cheers,

Alex.

Actually I just took another look and the "only-one-installer" .zips do not seem to have .lmh files in them at all. So unless .lmh files are no longer needed (?) maybe the reason they are working for me is that DIM didn't remove those files from previous installations.

.lmh files are no longer needed with Catalyzer.

• jedijudd said:

Sorry to post about the same problem twice but can anyony tell me what I am doing wrong, why is the hair white and not the color of the skin?

Hello, I believe I just emailed you...

MelanieL said:

Cheers,

Alex.

Cheers,

Alex.

What about 3Delight renders? Do they no longer need .lmh files either? (Because there don't seem to be any at all in those installers)
  • MelanieL said:
    MelanieL said:

Cheers,

Alex.

Cheers,

Alex.

What about 3Delight renders? Do they no longer need .lmh files either? (Because there don't seem to be any at all in those installers)

If the LAMH models come in .duf format, there is no need for .lmh files.

MelanieL said:
    MelanieL said:

Cheers,

Alex.

Cheers,

Alex.

If the LAMH models come in .duf format, there is no need for .lmh files.

Thank you for that information.
  • Thank you for the quick fix Alessandro!  That is what I call great customer service.

This time no problems at all with the Caribou Calf Catalyzer figure.

catalyzer09.jpg
    721 x 960 - 134K
  • Thank you for the quick fix Alessandro!  That is what I call great customer service.

This time no problems at all with the Caribou Calf Catalyzer figure.

Excellent, and lovely render!

• RCTSpankyRCTSpanky Posts: 850

I still havn't the LAMH file for the Skunk in my product library. I have opened a ticket at the Help Desk last week, but nothing was added to my library. I've got all other LAMH files for my other animals. According to your list of supported animals in Catalyzer the Skunk is on that list. Any idea why the file is still missing?

• RCTSpanky said:

I still havn't the LAMH file for the Skunk in my product library. I have opened a ticket at the Help Desk last week, but nothing was added to my library. I've got all other LAMH files for my other animals. According to your list of supported animals in Catalyzer the Skunk is on that list. Any idea why the file is still missing?

I'm not sure why, but the skunk is indeed one of the available Catalyzer models. In the meantime that DAZ fixes the issue, you can download the Catalyzer preset here: Skunk Catalyzer Preset

• kloolessklooless Posts: 115
    edited August 2017

Loving the Catalyzer!

while no one was watching.jpg
    1000 x 618 - 565K
    Post edited by klooless on
  • dreamfarmerdreamfarmer Posts: 2,128

I'm still kind of afraid to construct something new since the 1.2 thing I made still corrupted the file...

edited August 2017

I don't know if this right place to post this problem, but I figured I try.  I was working on this image and had to render it in two parts because LAMH seems to only convert one figure's LAMH to an object at a time.  

Everything worked fine for the first conversion and render, but when I went to convert the second LAMH object DAZ Studio crashed.  So when I tried to reopen the DAZ file DAZ Studio crashes everytime.  Unstead of starting from scratch (I know I should had a back up) I thought I would see if there is anyway to get this file to open.  Any tips or tricks would be creatly appreciated.

lilTigerMother02a.jpg
    741 x 960 - 174K
    SS_2017-08-17.jpg
    914 x 541 - 155K