[Released] LAMH2Iray Catalyzer: 1.8 update available [Commercial]

Comments

• Ok I got it, I downloaded the updates, put in the figure and did a test render using the catalyzer...WOW, just WOW.  

Now my question is the old LAMH figures and presets do not work with catalyzer.  Will there be more updates for the presets other people made?  I am assuming the LAMH plug in itself is going to be obsolete or is there a plugin that creates these beautful hairy beasts? 

• Glad it worked out for you. I have been working closely with Alessandro to resolve my crashing issues, but unfortunlaty we ewre unable to figure out why it's crashing on my machine.

• deathbycanondeathbycanon Posts: 1,227

I know I'm late to this post, but my system was down for a couple of months and now that it's back up I can finally play with this. On the plus side all the bugs seem to be worked out now. :) The only thing I did have trouble with is that the 1st animal I used, the Indian Elephant does not have a catalyzer file, just the original LAMH preset. 

But the caribou works great! 

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281

that is just stunning!!! 

I know I'm late to this post, but my system was down for a couple of months and now that it's back up I can finally play with this. On the plus side all the bugs seem to be worked out now. :) The only thing I did have trouble with is that the 1st animal I used, the Indian Elephant does not have a catalyzer file, just the original LAMH preset. 

• Hi.

I bought this product but I haven't installed it yet. I was reluctant to install this and the latest version because people said it caused a slow down. But I believe that has been fixed. If I install the Catalyzer through DIM, will I get the product with all its fixes? Or will I still need to apply the fixes? And if I need to apply them, do I need to apply them all or jus the last one?

I also got a new machine in between so I had to install the latest version and it has been running great, so now I'm thinking of using the Catalyzer.

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    KevinH said:
    If I install the Catalyzer through DIM, will I get the product with all its fixes? Or will I still need to apply the fixes? And if I need to apply them, do I need to apply them all or jus the last one?

The fix is actually a complete replacement of the plugin file, so if you install using DIM it will give you the current version. There are no "all previous fixes" to be installed, that's not how DIM works.

• Thanks, @SpottedKitty. I didn't realize that.

• Is there a way to convert LAMH to work with LAMH2Iray Catalyzer?

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281

is the plugin Iray catalyzer still working ok in the new version of DS 4.10? Does it need updating and redownloading or anything?

• algovincianalgovincian Posts: 2,575

Is there a way to convert LAMH to work with LAMH2Iray Catalyzer?

Last I knew, it couldn't be used on your own LAMH creations - only presets Alessandro has made. I would also be interested in knowing whether this is still on the table and in the works or not.

- Greg

• Alessandro MastronardiAlessandro Mastronardi Posts: 2,593
    edited October 2017

To my knowledge it works correctly in DS 4.10. It is currently working only with my models. I will probably wait for a new SDK, or consistent improvements on current one (if there will be), before proceeding with making a fully featured version.

Post edited by Alessandro Mastronardi on
  • algovincianalgovincian Posts: 2,575
    edited October 2017

To my knowledge it works correctly in DS 4.10. It is currently working only with my models. I will probably wait for a new SDK, or consistent improvements on current one (if there will be), before proceeding with making a fully featured version.

Thanks for chiming in so we can make informed decisions for planning purposes going forward, Alessandro.

@Joepingleton: It's my understanding that waiting for a new SDK means waiting for DS5, so absent any other information I wouldn't hold your breath.

- Greg

Post edited by algovincian on
  • I know I'm late to this post, but my system was down for a couple of months and now that it's back up I can finally play with this. On the plus side all the bugs seem to be worked out now. :) The only thing I did have trouble with is that the 1st animal I used, the Indian Elephant does not have a catalyzer file, just the original LAMH preset. 

Awesome!
  • To my knowledge it works correctly in DS 4.10. It is currently working only with my models. I will probably wait for a new SDK, or consistent improvements on current one (if there will be), before proceeding with making a fully featured version.

Thanks for the information.  I suspected as much,  I only ask because I LOVE LAMH 2 Iray Catalyzer and have been playing with the "LAMH Presets for the HiveWire House Cat By Saiyaness" and have had to use the old method to get it to work with Iray.  LAMH 2 Iray Catalyzer is sooooo much easier to use with Iray and the results are amazing. ;)

• To my knowledge it works correctly in DS 4.10. It is currently working only with my models. I will probably wait for a new SDK, or consistent improvements on current one (if there will be), before proceeding with making a fully featured version.

Thanks for chiming in so we can make informed decisions for planning purposes going forward, Alessandro.

@Joepingleton: It's my understanding that waiting for a new SDK means waiting for DS5, so absent any other information I wouldn't hold your breath.

- Greg

it will be at least 50 years before we get Daz Studio 5 so if you want to wait that long then go ahead 

• kloolessklooless Posts: 115
    edited October 2017

I need some help. Since upgrading to 4.10, I cannot get my characters to remain in their posed position when trying to render via the Catalyzer. I can render normally if I don't want hair on my wolf, but not using Catalyzer.  I also tried to render the wolf separately, same issue, wolf changes position. I did not have this issue prior to upgrading.  I tried uninstalling the plugin and reinstalling, no luck!  See attachments.

dae and wolf pre-render.PNG
    1919 x 1075 - 2M
    dae and wolf at render.PNG
    1920 x 1076 - 2M
    screenshot dae's wolf.PNG
    1920 x 1079 - 309K
    dae's wolf render.PNG
    1918 x 1080 - 405K
    Post edited by klooless on
  • Hi klooless, sorry I am not sure I understand, you mean that the wolf (and attached fur) gets rendered in a different location? Like some translation is applied to it? Have you tried on a clean scene?

• BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 6,987

klooless, that is because you have an animation sequence. In the first image (the "right" one), the frame you show is frame 30. In the "wrong one", the frame is the zero frame.

However, I don't know if the render "rewinds" to the 0 position, or something like that?

After several crashes trying to render with the original scene and a clean scene, I was finally able to get a render. I had to shut down my system and let the buffers clear. I still had a couple of crashes after that using a clean scene. It wasn't just the wolf moving (translating) but also the figure in the scene would go from the pose I had her in back to the T position.  Maybe it was some kind of memory leak.  Seems to be working at the moment.

Bee,, that may have been the issue. I finally got what I wanted. I'll have to remember to do 2 scenes going forward.

• klooless said:

After several crashes trying to render with the original scene and a clean scene, I was finally able to get a render. I had to shut down my system and let the buffers clear. I still had a couple of crashes after that using a clean scene. It wasn't just the wolf moving (translating) but also the figure in the scene would go from the pose I had her in back to the T position.  Maybe it was some kind of memory leak.  Seems to be working at the moment.

Eventually(and if you didn't already), try enabling the safe mode option in the Catalyzer pane; it should help to handle resources more ssfely.

• dreamfarmerdreamfarmer Posts: 2,128

I really, really love the Catalyzer. I usually have to run it in safe mode, but even when I do so, renders like this now take 2 minutes.

wolf and fox 2.png
    1200 x 1200 - 489K
  • JoepingletonJoepingleton Posts: 746
    edited December 2017

Is there a LAMH Catalyzer preset for Polar Bear by AM or Ursus Arctos?  Also I don't see the LAMH smooth fur preset, LAMH clumped fur preset, LAMH heavily clumped fur preset for Polar Bear by AM installed anywhere from DIM or https://www.furrythings.com/presets/. Any suggestions on where to find them?

Post edited by Joepingleton on
  • dawnbladedawnblade Posts: 1,723
    edited December 2017

Is there a LAMH Catalyzer preset for Polar Bear by AM or Ursus Arctos?  Also I don't see the LAMH smooth fur preset, LAMH clumped fur preset, LAMH heavily clumped fur preset for Polar Bear by AM installed anywhere from DIM or https://www.furrythings.com/presets/. Any suggestions on where to find them?

Back in August AM listed which products are supported, and Polar Bear and Ursus Arctos weren't updated.

Post edited by dawnblade on
  • Both bears weren't updated, mainly because new and better versions are work in progress and will come in 2018.

• JoepingletonJoepingleton Posts: 746
    edited December 2017
    dawnblade said:

Back in August AM listed which products are supported, and Polar Bear and Ursus Arctos weren't updated.

Both bears weren't updated, mainly because new and better versions are work in progress and will come in 2018.

Thank you for the information, I missed the list and thought that since the cubs were updated, so were the large bears.  At least I can still use the old LAMH presets. I don't see the LAMH smooth fur preset, LAMH clumped fur preset, LAMH heavily clumped fur preset for Polar Bear by AM installed anywhere from DIM or https://www.furrythings.com/presets/. On the product page it is listed to have them. Any suggestions on where to find them? 

bears01.jpg
    742 x 960 - 141K
    Post edited by Joepingleton on
  • dawnblade said:

Both bears weren't updated, mainly because new and better versions are work in progress and will come in 2018.

Thank you for the information, I missed the list and thought that since the cubs were updated, so were the large bears.  At least I can still use the old LAMH presets. I don't see the LAMH smooth fur preset, LAMH clumped fur preset, LAMH heavily clumped fur preset for Polar Bear by AM installed anywhere from DIM or https://www.furrythings.com/presets/. In the product page it s listed to have them. Any suggestions on where to find them? 

I've got them in My DAZ 3D Library->Animals->AM->ursidae->Ursus Maritimus (they come as .duf, see attached screenshot). I used the DIM right now, try to reinstall the Polar Bear and see if you get all the items.

sshot-1.jpg
    673 x 328 - 32K
  • alexhcowleyalexhcowley Posts: 2,310
    dawnblade said:

Thank you for the information, I missed the list and thought that since the cubs were updated, so were the large bears.  At least I can still use the old LAMH presets. I don't see the LAMH smooth fur preset, LAMH clumped fur preset, LAMH heavily clumped fur preset for Polar Bear by AM installed anywhere from DIM or https://www.furrythings.com/presets/. On the product page it is listed to have them. Any suggestions on where to find them? 

Joe,

I absolutely love your bears! This is a wonderful picture.

Cheers,

Alex.

• alexhcowleyalexhcowley Posts: 2,310
    edited December 2017

Alessandro,

Best news in a while.  I will eagerly await their arrival.

Cheers,

Alex.

Post edited by alexhcowley on
  • Thank you Alessandro, I tried reinstalling them from the DIM and see them now.  Let the fun begin.  Also great news on the new bears.  I love all your products and appreciate your hard work.

Thank you alex, I love using the bear cubs with catalyzer