[Released] LAMH2Iray Catalyzer: 1.8 update available [Commercial]

Comments

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,043

I don't know if this right place to post this problem, but I figured I try.  I was working on this image and had to render it in two parts because LAMH seems to only convert one figure's LAMH to an object at a time.  

Everything worked fine for the first conversion and render, but when I went to convert the second LAMH object DAZ Studio crashed.  So when I tried to reopen the DAZ file DAZ Studio crashes everytime.  Unstead of starting from scratch (I know I should had a back up) I thought I would see if there is anyway to get this file to open.  Any tips or tricks would be creatly appreciated.

Try disabling the LAMH Plugin before you load the scene.

• JoepingletonJoepingleton Posts: 746
    edited August 2017
    Fishtales said:

I don't know if this right place to post this problem, but I figured I try.  I was working on this image and had to render it in two parts because LAMH seems to only convert one figure's LAMH to an object at a time.  

Everything worked fine for the first conversion and render, but when I went to convert the second LAMH object DAZ Studio crashed.  So when I tried to reopen the DAZ file DAZ Studio crashes everytime.  Unstead of starting from scratch (I know I should had a back up) I thought I would see if there is anyway to get this file to open.  Any tips or tricks would be creatly appreciated.

Try disabling the LAMH Plugin before you load the scene.

Fishtales you are a genius that worked perfectly :happybounce: Thank you so much.

Kicking myself for not thinking of something so simple.  

lilTigerMother02.jpg
    741 x 960 - 172K
    Post edited by Joepingleton on

@Joepingleton You are welcome. I am glad it worked.

@Alessandro_AM I don't know if this has been flagged up before. I have had three Catalyzer animals in a scene and it rendered without any crashes, even before 1.3. I did a scene with two Catalyzer Squirrels and it crashed Studio when I tried to render them. There was nothing else in the scene. This morning I reloaded the scene, added an HDRI and started the render. Right away it started to eat ram until there was none left, I have 16 GB, and then used the Swap File. It was fifteen minutes before the first write to the window and the computer was unresponsive. This only seems to be with the Squirrels so I am not sure if there is something different about them that could be causing it..

• Fishtales said:

@Alessandro_AM I don't know if this has been flagged up before. I have had three Catalyzer animals in a scene and it rendered without any crashes, even before 1.3. I did a scene with two Catalyzer Squirrels and it crashed Studio when I tried to render them. There was nothing else in the scene. This morning I reloaded the scene, added an HDRI and started the render. Right away it started to eat ram until there was none left, I have 16 GB, and then used the Swap File. It was fifteen minutes before the first write to the window and the computer was unresponsive. This only seems to be with the Squirrels so I am not sure if there is something different about them that could be causing it..

Hello, the squirrels are quite "expensive" in terms of memory, what happens if you try to reduce fur density and spline quality, or maybe using the 'safe mode' option in the Catalyzer pane?

Fishtales said:

Hello, the squirrels are quite "expensive" in terms of memory, what happens if you try to reduce fur density and spline quality, or maybe using the 'safe mode' option in the Catalyzer pane?

@Alessandro_AM

It is rendering fine just now and the memory usage is now down to 10GB :) At least I can use the computer now.

The render finished. I noticed during the render that the memory dropped until near the end of the render it was down to 7GB.

Dancing on the Beach

Click on image for full size.

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479
    edited August 2017
    Fishtales said:

When I was testing with a single squirrel, (several small renders without closing render windows,) and DS crashed, I had 64GB of system RAM. When you speak of "expensive" are you talking about the GPU/Video Ram?

('Cause that lively, gorgeous, pesky little squirrel has been a real pain in the neck! Even before Catalyzer.)

Post edited by L'Adair on
  • Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,320
    edited August 2017

A test of version 1.3 catalyzer on my older, lower spec HP Pavilion, 12gb RAM and GTX 970 (4gb VRAM) It seemed like the viewport response was somewhat slower with the catalyzer plugin enabled than without it; But no crashes even though I loaded the moose after I loaded the scene. It utilized all the VRAM and took 2 hours to render

moose IRAY Catalyzer.jpg
    1507 x 831 - 1009K
    Post edited by Charlie Judge on
  • Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,320
    edited August 2017

And a test on my newer machine with I7 processor, 32gb RAM, GTX 1080 ti (11 GB VRAM).No noticeable slowing of the viewport repsonse and no crashes. It took 30 minutes to render on this machine.

Moose Iray Converter 2.jpg
    1525 x 849 - 1001K
    Post edited by Charlie Judge on
    edited August 2017

Catalyzer Porcupine and HDRI background.

Click on image for full size.

crested-porcupine-catalyzer-001.jpg
    1280 x 720 - 693K
    Post edited by Fishtales on
    edited August 2017

So many great images from everyone, it's very inspiring to see what people are doing

Is there any fur for the default "Rodents by AM: PolyMorph"?  It seems strange that there is no mouse/rat fur for this figure 

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

The link for the 64 bit goes to your website? I'm not getting a zip file from the link.

Hello folks, I didn't receive any information as to when the Catalyzer 1.1 update will be available through official channels, so for the curious one I am anticipating it:

Windows 64bit: www.alessandromastronardi.com/QA/Catalyzer/1.1/LAMH2IrayCatalyzerPlugin.1.1.Win64.zip (copy and overwrite the zip content in your '\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\plugins\' folder)
    macOS: www.alessandromastronardi.com/QA/Catalyzer/1.1/LAMH2IrayCatalyzerPlugin.1.1.macOS.zip (copy and overwrite the zip content in your '\Applications\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\plugins\' folder)

If for some reasons you need to revert to version 1.0, you can obviously use the DIM or the original installer again.

This update should fix the lag issue (with the beta-testers we didn't catch this issue altough I think to know why it happens for some); also, now it should be safe to load Catalyzer item(s) on an existing scene.

In case of issues please email me at [email protected] sending a brief description of the problem and:

• the Catalyzer log file (/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/LAMH2Iray Catalyzer/LAMH2IrayCatalyzerLogFile.txt)
    • the DAZ Studio log file (menu Help->Troubleshooting->View Log File)

Thanks!

• Check out the initial post, we are at release 1.3.

The link for the 64 bit goes to your website? I'm not getting a zip file from the link.

Hello folks, I didn't receive any information as to when the Catalyzer 1.1 update will be available through official channels, so for the curious one I am anticipating it:

Windows 64bit: www.alessandromastronardi.com/QA/Catalyzer/1.1/LAMH2IrayCatalyzerPlugin.1.1.Win64.zip (copy and overwrite the zip content in your '\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\plugins\' folder)
    macOS: www.alessandromastronardi.com/QA/Catalyzer/1.1/LAMH2IrayCatalyzerPlugin.1.1.macOS.zip (copy and overwrite the zip content in your '\Applications\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\plugins\' folder)

If for some reasons you need to revert to version 1.0, you can obviously use the DIM or the original installer again.

This update should fix the lag issue (with the beta-testers we didn't catch this issue altough I think to know why it happens for some); also, now it should be safe to load Catalyzer item(s) on an existing scene.

In case of issues please email me at [email protected] sending a brief description of the problem and:

• the Catalyzer log file (/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/LAMH2Iray Catalyzer/LAMH2IrayCatalyzerLogFile.txt)
    • the DAZ Studio log file (menu Help->Troubleshooting->View Log File)

Thanks!

• alexhcowleyalexhcowley Posts: 2,310

Ursus Mastronadi Cuteous (common name, the Enchanted Forest Minature Bear) running amok in Sirenopolis.  The background is Jack Tomalin's Balneae, with the walkway and trees kit bashed from some other sets.

Incidentally, I managed to do 12 renders yesterday, with version 1.3, without any problems.

Cheers,

Alex.

Bears In The Balneae 2.JPG
    2000 x 1250 - 304K
    Bears In The Balneae 4.JPG
    2000 x 1250 - 356K
    Bears In The Balneae 7.JPG
    2000 x 1250 - 346K
    Bears In The Balneae 9.JPG
    2000 x 1250 - 338K
    Bears In The Balneae 12.JPG
    2000 x 1250 - 333K
  • Ursus Mastronadi Cuteous (common name, the Enchanted Forest Minature Bear) running amok in Sirenopolis.  The background is Jack Tomalin's Balneae, with the walkway and trees kit bashed from some other sets.

Incidentally, I managed to do 12 renders yesterday, with version 1.3, without any problems.

Cheers,

Alex.

Lovely images Alex, great to know latest update is working well.

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281

Has DAZ released the updates as yet? I'm not seeing it in my 'updates' in DIM. 

• jakiblue said:

Not yet, should probably happen around mid-week.

they're so fast ! LOL

Thanks, I'll keep an eye out - I don't normally use DIM so I don't open it all the time, was just curious. 

jakiblue said:

Not yet, should probably happen around mid-week.

I'm happy to say that I did manage to render a full scene with a white wolf and a female character, props etc. with no issues at all as long as I put the wolf in the scene first and posed him, then added everything else and the whole thing rendered very quickly and very well.  Will post the finished version once I'm done with the post work.

• OlderkatOlderkat Posts: 38
    edited August 2017

I have purchased the LAMH2iray catalyzer, loaded as per instuctions, every time I tried to render wolf 2 Dazstudio 4.9 pro (latest update)  kept closing down.

I have reloaded Catalyzer and now I get the Wolf with No Fur. although I'm loading Wolf 2 Catalyzer version.

I have a GeForce GTX1050Ti with 4GB ram plus 8GB of memory. 

Post edited by Olderkat on
  • Olderkat said:

I have purchased the LAMH2iray catalyzer, loaded as per instuctions, every time I tried to render wolf 2 Dazstudio 4.9 pro (latest update)  kept closing down.

I have reloaded Catalyzer and now I get the Wolf with No Fur. although I'm loading Wolf 2 Catalyzer version.

I have a GeForce GTX1050Ti with 4GB ram plus 8GB of memory. 

@Olderkat if you want you can contact me directly at [email protected] for direct support. Not sure if that may be the issue, but when you render, make sure to click the render button available in the Catalyzer pane.

edited August 2017

Loving LAMH2iray catalyzer. Thanks again for a great product

Is there a way to scale the hair in LAMH2iray catalyzer?  I tried this image and couldn't figure out a way to scale the lions mane.

lionKitty01.jpg
    742 x 960 - 172K
    jakiblue said:

Did this ever show up or are we still waiting.  I haven't seen it in DIM yet.

• alexhcowleyalexhcowley Posts: 2,310
    edited August 2017

Alessandro's Wolf mark two with Jack Tomalin's Iray version of Invetero as the backgroud and Predatron's Japanese Pine tree in some scenes.

Cheers,

Alex.

Invetero Wolf 3.JPG
    2000 x 1250 - 337K
    Invetero Wolf 9.JPG
    2000 x 1250 - 390K
    Invetero Wolf 10.JPG
    2000 x 1250 - 347K
    Invetero Wolf 14.JPG
    2000 x 1250 - 298K
    Invetero Wolf 16.JPG
    2000 x 1250 - 379K
    Post edited by alexhcowley on

This is the pre postwork render, I wanted to show the wolf straight out of the box so to speak.  The postworked version if anyone is interested is on my thread in the art studio.

• RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 2,808

Alessandro's Wolf mark two with Jack Tomalin's Iray version of Invetero as the backgroud and Predatron's Japanese Pine tree in some scenes.

Cheers,

Alex.

Those turned out really nice! Could almost reach out and give their fur a scratch.

edited August 2017

It's best to add the scene/environment you have set up to the catalyzer animal, isnt' it? Rather than the other way around? Even with the updates from here, when I tried to add the wolf to the scene I was working on, I got instant crash. 

edit: oh whoops! never mind. I hadn't gotten the last update from here, 1.3 LOL. Doesn't crash now. 

Post edited by jakiblue on
  • ACueACue Posts: 114

Anybody else had a problem after installing the 1.3 update? All of a sudden, the catalyzer is not working, and the figures are not showing up with the hair guides. Pop-up window says "There are no catalyzer compliant assets to render. Please use the standard DAZ Studio render button." I have all the appropriate catalyzer-complkiant figures, and everything was working fine until after I installed version 1.3, through the DIM. I've emailed Allesandro directly with log files, and am awating a reply, but Ii'm wondering if this has occured to others. 

• ACueACue Posts: 114
    edited August 2017

PS forgot to mention that I uninstalled the app through the DIM and reinstalled, and did the same with one test LAMH catalyzer-optized figure, but the problem persists.

Post edited by ACue on