[Released] LAMH2Iray Catalyzer: 1.8 update available [Commercial]

1121314151618»

Comments

• 3D-GHDesign3D-GHDesign Posts: 678
    edited September 2020

I recently had to reinstall DS. Today I worked with the snow leopard. I saved the scene and later noticed I still didn't install LAMH and Catalyzer. I downloaded the latest ones, LAMH 2019 09 13 and Catalyzer 2020 02 07 However when I installed them, I couldn't load the catalyzer snow leopard. none of them. At once I could load one but when I tried to render with catlyzer, it crashed. After every time I tried to load them into the scene, DS crashed :( I use the 4.12.2.7 DS Publishing Build I can render the dForce one, but I would prefer the LAMH fur because it is always much better.

I tried many times, at once I could load the clumped one too and used the safe mode in catalyzer, it didn't crash immadiately, but didn't respond through 20 minutes so I ended task ... After I tried with the latest public build and it was rendered .. .slow, but at least I saw it. 

Is this mean this Catalyzer works only with the public build or only my DS Publishing build is acting weird. (btw I LOOOOVE the leopard ... too)

Edit .. .I was so happy that I could render the leopard, so I opened the scene I wanted to render I tried to laod the leopard (clumped fur) and again .. instant crash ... even if I used the Public build where I could render it before in an epmpty scene :(

Post edited by 3D-GHDesign on
  • memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,750

Did you have render optimization set to 'memory' and on the Iray Catalyzer tab tick 'safe mode'? Those were crucial if I remember correct to when I did the snow leopard. But I suggest checking some of the back thread, as folks had some issues with him that were addressed.

• 3D-GHDesign3D-GHDesign Posts: 678
    edited September 2020

As I know optimization is for instancing only. But doesn't matter because the main problem is that DS instantly crash when I try to load into a scene if it is not empty. After I loaded the leopard at first, created the scene, tried to render via catalyzer and daz studio didn't responding ( yes, I set optimization to memory and I used safe mode)

Edit ... now I used the same method in the Public build and finally it was rendered .. really slowly, but at least rendered.

Post edited by 3D-GHDesign on

Check out this thread which was for the snow leopard itself. I think that is where the issues were discussed and you may find what you need there. Or the PA may be able to help you.

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/417696/in-store-now-felidae-by-am-snow-leopard/p1https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/417696/in-store-now-felidae-by-am-snow-leopard/p1

• What do you do when you have multiple creatures with catalyzer groups in the scene? I have three wolves and this is crashing spectacularly!

Something I learned from a Jay Versalis livestream was using billboards to reduce load for the final picture. Code66 just released (yesterday) two products that will let you create billboards yourself, then you plan the scene, render each character individually, make them a billboard and then compose the scene with the billboards in there.

• memcneil70 said:

Something I learned from a Jay Versalis livestream was using billboards to reduce load for the final picture. Code66 just released (yesterday) two products that will let you create billboards yourself, then you plan the scene, render each character individually, make them a billboard and then compose the scene with the billboards in there.

That sounds promising. I ended up using Camera View Optimizer to reduce what was rendering, but will definitely get the build billboard utility also. Thanks!

Kat

• So I am at a breaking point with AM and Catalyzer, throw my computer out the window level. These figures combined with the cost of characters start to add up and for the price I just want stuff ta frikkin work. I get life happens, Daz3d updates can mess stuff up but still, c’mon. And I’m not putting it all on AM. Daz3d is the software and the store. They have a responsibility to make sure stuff works and they’re not just breaking things.

Finished rant, on with problem. TL;DR Doesn’t work. Nothing but crashes.

Whether I use the latest Daz3d or Beta anything with Catalyzer crashes the moment I hit render. I desperately need to finish a project for charity and am using his Chimpanzee and every version other than apparently the Catalyzer version has no fur at all. Just looks waxy plastic. Not cool, not acceptable. All proceeds are going to the Dian Fossey foundation, I paid for the character/plug-in out of pocket and I’m a literal starving artist. I’ve tried most of whats been suggested. Anyone found a sure-fire cure? Cuz I am under the gun and at my wits end.

Thanks all! Sorry I’m grumpy!

• DekeSlade said:

So I am at a breaking point with AM and Catalyzer, throw my computer out the window level. These figures combined with the cost of characters start to add up and for the price I just want stuff ta frikkin work. I get life happens, Daz3d updates can mess stuff up but still, c’mon. And I’m not putting it all on AM. Daz3d is the software and the store. They have a responsibility to make sure stuff works and they’re not just breaking things.

Finished rant, on with problem. TL;DR Doesn’t work. Nothing but crashes.

Whether I use the latest Daz3d or Beta anything with Catalyzer crashes the moment I hit render. I desperately need to finish a project for charity and am using his Chimpanzee and every version other than apparently the Catalyzer version has no fur at all. Just looks waxy plastic. Not cool, not acceptable. All proceeds are going to the Dian Fossey foundation, I paid for the character/plug-in out of pocket and I’m a literal starving artist. I’ve tried most of whats been suggested. Anyone found a sure-fire cure? Cuz I am under the gun and at my wits end.

Thanks all! Sorry I’m grumpy!

Hello, things you can try:

1) enable Safe Mode in the Catalyzer panel, that should help to have more stable renders
    2) if Catalyzer gives you issues, try the Chimpanzee dforce version, that should do it for you (it's included in the model).

• Havent tested yet but if anyone else has the AM Chimpanzee is there anything in the LAHM presets folder cuz mines empty.

• cathan01_wwg1wgacathan01_wwg1wga Posts: 353
    edited February 2022

There should be a "Chimpanzee8-AM.lmh" in the LAMH presets folder. Checked both my Daz library folder and the installation .zip (just in case I moved things around since installing).

Post edited by cathan01_wwg1wga on
  • YacomoYacomo Posts: 25

I am new to Catalyzer and rendering seems to work fine for me, however, everytime I try to clear a scene containing a Catalyzer model, Studio crashes due to a bad memory access.

To reproduce:

• Start Studio
    • Load Brown Bear Cub (for instance)
    • Clear Scene (not necessary to render)
    • Crash

Any chance this can be fixed?

This is on macOS 12.3.1 (Intel), Studio 4.20.0.17 and Catalyzer 1.9.0.0.

Here is the trace:

Exception Type:        EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)
    Exception Codes:       KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0x0000000000000008
    Exception Codes:       0x0000000000000001, 0x0000000000000008
    Exception Note:        EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

Termination Reason:    Namespace SIGNAL, Code 11 Segmentation fault: 11
    Terminating Process:   exc handler [51175]

VM Region Info: 0x8 is not in any region.  Bytes before following region: 4294967288
          REGION TYPE                    START - END         [ VSIZE] PRT/MAX SHRMOD  REGION DETAIL
          UNUSED SPACE AT START
    --->  
          __TEXT                      100000000-100003000    [   12K] r-x/rwx SM=COW  ...cOS/DAZStudio

Thread 0 Crashed::  Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread
    0   QtCore                                   0x1005647ce QCoreApplication::notifyInternal(QObject*, QEvent*) + 84
    1   LAMH2IrayCatalyzerPlugin.dylib           0x1603b8368 LAMH2IrayCatalyzerPane::clearAll() + 628
    2   QtCore                                   0x10057a131 QMetaObject::activate(QObject*, QMetaObject const*, int, void**) + 2001
    3   libdzcore.dylib                          0x103bc99e9 DzFacetVertexSubPath DzFacetVertexSubPath::remapPath<signed char>(signed char, signed char const*) const + 3969417
    4   libdzcore.dylib                          0x103bc9d31 DzFacetVertexSubPath DzFacetVertexSubPath::remapPath<signed char>(signed char, signed char const*) const + 3970257
    5   libdzcore.dylib                          0x103f56542 DzFacetVertexSubPath DzFacetVertexSubPath::remapPath<signed char>(signed char, signed char const*) const + 7691490
    6   QtCore                                   0x10057a131 QMetaObject::activate(QObject*, QMetaObject const*, int, void**) + 2001
    7   QtGui                                    0x10144b8a2 QAction::activate(QAction::ActionEvent) + 194
    8   QtGui                                    0x1017bb151 QAbstractButtonPrivate::click() + 141
    9   QtGui                                    0x1017bb36c QAbstractButton::mouseReleaseEvent(QMouseEvent*) + 106
    10  QtGui                                    0x10187a3a6 QToolButton::mouseReleaseEvent(QMouseEvent*) + 18
    11  QtGui                                    0x1014a03f0 QWidget::event(QEvent*) + 334
    12  QtGui                                    0x1017ba456 QAbstractButton::event(QEvent*) + 220
    13  QtGui                                    0x101879f92 QToolButton::event(QEvent*) + 54
    14  QtGui                                    0x10144f8b8 QApplicationPrivate::notify_helper(QObject*, QEvent*) + 304
    15  QtGui                                    0x101450348 QApplication::notify(QObject*, QEvent*) + 2666
    16  libdzcore.dylib                          0x103edae1e DzFacetVertexSubPath DzFacetVertexSubPath::remapPath<signed char>(signed char, signed char const*) const + 7185854
    17  QtCore                                   0x1005647e2 QCoreApplication::notifyInternal(QObject*, QEvent*) + 104
    18  QtGui                                    0x101457ffe QApplicationPrivate::sendMouseEvent(QWidget*, QMouseEvent*, QWidget*, QWidget*, QWidget**, QPointer<QWidget>&, bool) + 432
    19  QtGui                                    0x101406db3 qt_mac_handleMouseEvent(NSEvent*, QEvent::Type, Qt::MouseButton, QWidget*, bool) + 995
    20  AppKit                                0x7ff816252388 -[NSWindow(NSEventRouting) _reallySendEvent:isDelayedEvent:] + 2704
    21  AppKit                                0x7ff8162516de -[NSWindow(NSEventRouting) sendEvent:] + 352
    22  QtGui                                    0x1013fe5a2 -[QCocoaWindow sendEvent:] + 114
    23  AppKit                                0x7ff81624fab4 -[NSApplication(NSEvent) sendEvent:] + 352
    24  QtGui                                    0x10140207e -[QNSApplication sendEvent:] + 94
    25  AppKit                                0x7ff8165088db -[NSApplication _handleEvent:] + 65
    26  AppKit                                0x7ff8160d12ce -[NSApplication run] + 623
    27  QtGui                                    0x10140ab77 QEventDispatcherMac::processEvents(QFlags<QEventLoop::ProcessEventsFlag>) + 879
    28  QtCore                                   0x100561b68 QEventLoop::exec(QFlags<QEventLoop::ProcessEventsFlag>) + 394
    29  QtCore                                   0x100564f33 QCoreApplication::exec() + 175
    30  libdzcore.dylib                          0x103efb8d0 DzFacetVertexSubPath DzFacetVertexSubPath::remapPath<signed char>(signed char, signed char const*) const + 7319664
    31  libdzcore.dylib                          0x103f0902e DzFacetVertexSubPath DzFacetVertexSubPath::remapPath<signed char>(signed char, signed char const*) const + 7374798
    32  DAZStudio                                0x1000025dd main + 461
    33  DAZStudio                                0x100002304 start + 5
  • Alessandro Mastronardi said:

Does this only work with the AM animals sold in the Daz store, or will it work with LAMH hair that users have created themselves?

In this initial release it works with my models only.

I can't seem to get this to work.

I have Daz Big Cat 2,, as well as: https://www.daz3d.com/real-fur-for-big-cats-2

The sub folder Daz Big Cat 2/Breeds/AM/LAMH figures   are your models? I assume AM stands for Alessandro Mastronardi

Using the catalyzer simply reports " no catalyzer complaint assets to render. Are your LAMH big cat 2 models not compatible with your catalyzer?

• mikethe3dguymikethe3dguy Posts: 515

lorddayradon said:

Alessandro Mastronardi said:

Does this only work with the AM animals sold in the Daz store, or will it work with LAMH hair that users have created themselves?

In this initial release it works with my models only.

I can't seem to get this to work.

I have Daz Big Cat 2,, as well as: https://www.daz3d.com/real-fur-for-big-cats-2

The sub folder Daz Big Cat 2/Breeds/AM/LAMH figures   are your models? I assume AM stands for Alessandro Mastronardi

Using the catalyzer simply reports " no catalyzer complaint assets to render. Are your LAMH big cat 2 models not compatible with your catalyzer?

I'm having the same problems, and it's very disturbing that you don't have any response from the vendor or anyone after 5 months. I also have the White Tiger but when I load it then try to render with Catalyzer I get the same error message despite the fact that it's supposedly intended specifically for Catalyzer! Is it broken? Not even sure what to do with the Free Player - the manual talks about loading a preset. but once I do that, what then? There's no button that allows any kind of render preview that I can see. When I run NVIDIA Iray preview in Viewport or start a render, there's no visible fur - just a tiger-textured model.

Are there two different generations of presets (LAMH and LAMH 2?), and the older generation only works with LAMH and the free Player, and the newer version works with Catalyzer? No idea.

• AnEye4ArtAnEye4Art Posts: 702

I bought the polar bear 2 and I cannot get the high quality version to render and the lower quality version takes a while even though I have a beefy video card. I updated the drivers but still no improvement. Like you, I also emailed the vendor about the issue and still no reply. I hope he's okay.

• mikethe3dguymikethe3dguy Posts: 515
    edited May 2023

Update to my issue above. Was finally able to get Catalyzer to work using AM's YouTube video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ii1Ho8H26E). No idea why useful videos like this are usually not added to the product page or included as tutorials in the product download. Seems you can often only find tutorials like that by accident. The sad thing is that it looks like the only big cats that work with Catalyzer are the lion and the white tiger (which renders very dark and bluish). No bengal tiger, which is what I was looking for. There's no way I'm spending another $50 on Look At My Hair to make that work for what I need which at this point is only a render or two - plus I'm not even sure it would render anything usable in Iray. I will be seeking a refund from Daz for the AM products I bought. I can't use them.

Post edited by mikethe3dguy on
  • finally got it and would have years ago if I had only known it supports animation