[Released] LAMH2Iray Catalyzer: 1.8 update available [Commercial]

Comments

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,318
    edited August 2017

I ran a couple of quick tests after installing the update with DIM and didn't  see the problem you mentioned. Which animals are you using and are you sure you loaded the catalyzer version and not the LAMH version?

First I loaded the catalyzer version of the grey Wolf by AM and it rendered just fine

Then I tried to load an old Scene of 'On the Shore' with the catalyzer version of the moose. This scene was on another computer and I was loading it through my home network. On the first attempt it crashed DS to the desk top. but on the second attempt when I restarted DS and again tried to load it through  the network it loaded just fine and then I was able to render it.  

Post edited by Charlie Judge on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,147

@ACue I wonder if your security software prevented the Catalyzer dll from being installed properly.

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281

1.3 is definitely working for me and not causing any problems. I haven't installed the update via DIM tho, using the one Alessandro posted here. 

• ACueACue Posts: 114
    barbult said:

@ACue I wonder if your security software prevented the Catalyzer dll from being installed properly.

Possibly, but everything is installed as expected, reviewing the mapped file locations on the product notes .... it's a mystery. At this point, I wish I could access gthe original installation files, prior to the updates. 

jakiblue said:

I will try that again. But all we ge tfrom Alessandro's download in a single .dll file, I believe.

1.3 is definitely working for me and not causing any problems. I haven't installed the update via DIM tho, using the one Alessandro posted here. 

I ran a couple of quick tests after installing the update with DIM and didn't  see the problem you mentioned. Which animals are you using and are you sure you loaded the catalyzer version and not the LAMH version?

First I loaded the catalyzer version of the grey Wolf by AM and it rendered just fine

Then I tried to load an old Scene of 'On the Shore' with the catalyzer version of the moose. This scene was on another computer and I was loading it through my home network. On the first attempt it crashed DS to the desk top. but on the second attempt when I restarted DS and again tried to load it through  the network it loaded just fine and then I was able to render it.  

Yes, I installed the proper catalyzer files, not the LAMH figures. Like I said, everything was working perfectly, until I installed version 1.3.

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Interesting as I did not ever get an update via DIM, I went in last night and downloaded the 1.3 manually, and the freezing and lag times on the pc are gone now. I haven't had a chance to try any more renders with it, but I must say I am very pleased with the one I did of the wolf and am very very happy to be able to render my AM library in Iray much more easily than before and I am sure that I will be doing a lot more animals from here on out.

edited August 2017

SOLVED!  Recall that my LAMH 2 Iray Catalizer app stopped working after I installed the 1.3 update.  

Before I downloaded the update, I copied and saved the older  .dll file, just in case.

I saved it in a new sub-folder I created, unfortunately, in the primary DAZ plugin folder. Big mistake.  I realized what was happening when, out of frustration this morning, I inspected the "installed plugins" in the DAZ Help menu. Sure enough, even though they were in a different folder, Studio was still recognizing three seperate and active "LAMH2IrayCatalyzerPlugin.dll" files, for versions 1.1, and two versions 1.3.

I moved older files to a different directory - so Studio would not look for them, and reinstalled through the DIM. Everything started to work again. Lesson learned! Thanks for those who made suggestions to help me solve this riddle. I emailed Alessandro so he won't need to spend any time on trying to figure out what was happening.

Cheers.

Post edited by ACue on
  • ACue said:

SOLVED!  Recall that my LAMH 2 Iray Catalizer app stopped working after I installed the 1.3 update.  

Before I downloaded the update, I copied and saved the older  .dll file, just in case.

I saved it in a new sub-folder I created, unfortunately, in the primary DAZ plugin folder. Big mistake.  I realized what was happening when, out of frustration this morning, I inspected the "installed plugins" in the DAZ Help menu. Sure enough, even though they were in a different folder, Studio was still recognizing three seperate and active "LAMH2IrayCatalyzerPlugin.dll" files, for versions 1.1, and two versions 1.3.

I moved older files to a different directory - so Studio would not look for them, and reinstalled through the DIM. Everything started to work again. Lesson learned! Thanks for those who made suggestions to help me solve this riddle. I emailed Alessandro so he won't need to spend any time on trying to figure out what was happening.

Cheers.

Glad it's solved!

• Hi. Great product.

I am having issues with wolf 2, when I adjust the body pose the hair doesn't update. I tried to render to see if that would force the hair to update but first try the body went to its original pose and second try DAZ crashed.

Not seeing that problem with Big Cats or Bear Cubs.

Using latest version of DAZ 4.9.

• The product description states: 

All Alessandro_AM's animal libraries have been updated for Iray/Catalyzer compatibility. Make sure to download the free updates!" I have used DIM and searched for the LAMH products I previously bought from AM. I redownloaded them but they only come with LAMH and Delight preset folders as before, not with 'iRay Figures' folder for the Catalyzer-compliant LAMH models with Iray. Please advise where they are.

• BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 6,987

Goomer, I only found the updates when selecting the "Connect Available" option. They don't show up in any of the other DIM options. I wanted to report this to customer support, but forgot about it. Maybe someone has put in a support ticket?

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146

Goomer, I went to my product downloads library in my account and just searched for LAMH or something to get the animals to show and downloaded from there.  Not sure what DAZ is doing with DIM.... totally lamo but it is what it is

• I went into DIM and uninstalled and re installed the animals and everything showed up.  Its not listed in DIM as an update, it looks like it was added to the product but didn't generate an actual update for DIM.

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146

Well that wasn't handled very well then.  IT IS AN UPDATE!  lol

• RAMWolff said:

Well that wasn't handled very well then.  IT IS AN UPDATE!  lol

I just noticed today that its not the only thing. And, I have noticed that if there is an update in DIM and I load it onto my laptop first, then go to load it to my PC, its not there anymore.  But, new products will show up as new on both machines (I load to the laptop first as I have 4.8 on that one so I can follow the blue bars to the new content.  Otherwise, I can't find half of what I just loaded lol)

• ANGELREAPER1972ANGELREAPER1972 Posts: 4,413
    edited September 2017

the daz big cats 2 look so different now with the real fur now optimised with this

Saber and her Dragon

https://www.daz3d.com/gallery/#images/429646

Post edited by Chohole on
  • I hate to ask, but is there a way that I can convert some other LAMH presets over to be compatable? Ihave soem things from RawArt that i would like to use again.

• waaa....I cannot get it to work.  I deleted the old version LAMH,  put in the new version;  and when I load the animal and say render it says no catalyst compliant assets to render....I have a lot of the presets but now I cannot even see them at all.  Do you need the player,  how do you make new hairy animals..I see everyone with beautiful renders and I want to do it to....lol...poor me...

• Goomer said:

The product description states: 

All Alessandro_AM's animal libraries have been updated for Iray/Catalyzer compatibility. Make sure to download the free updates!" I have used DIM and searched for the LAMH products I previously bought from AM. I redownloaded them but they only come with LAMH and Delight preset folders as before, not with 'iRay Figures' folder for the Catalyzer-compliant LAMH models with Iray. Please advise where they are.

OOOOHHHH....well then.

• Kevin RyeKevin Rye Posts: 392
    edited September 2017

For anyone else having trouble getting it going...

I couldn't find the Catalyzer pane. It wasn't under Window > Panes. It wasn't immediately apparent to me where to enter the serial number. I found it under Help > About Installed Plugins. Paste in your serial, press OK and restart the app.

Post edited by Kevin Rye on

Help - About Installed Plugins. 

You may have to restart after putting in the serial number.  

Kevin Rye said:

I can't find the Catalyzer pane. It's not under Window > Panes. Wher do I enter the serial number?

go to your product library/DIM etc and update all your AM animals. Load the figure that has 'catalyzer' in the name. And make sure you are using the 'render' button in the Catalyzer tab, not the normal one.  

waaa....I cannot get it to work.  I deleted the old version LAMH,  put in the new version;  and when I load the animal and say render it says no catalyst compliant assets to render....I have a lot of the presets but now I cannot even see them at all.  Do you need the player,  how do you make new hairy animals..I see everyone with beautiful renders and I want to do it to....lol...poor me...

• Kevin RyeKevin Rye Posts: 392
    edited September 2017

Oh, I've restared three times already because DAZ crashes as soon as I try to load a Catalyzer figure. Anyone know why it's crashing?

I can't seem to load a character into my already made scene. I started with a blank canvas and did manage to drop in a Leopard, but as soon as I added a squirrel, it crashed.

UPDATE: make sure nothing is selected in the scene tab when you double click on a Catalyzer animal or it crashes.

Post edited by Kevin Rye on
  • I've been putting the animal in first.  That seems to work the best.  As far as the squirrel goes, it seems to be giving lots of people fits.  I manually loaded the update AM provided a couple pages back and things have gotten much more stable.

• I managed to finally get a Leopard to load into my scene, but now DAZ crashes as soon as I try to move it.

There are updates in the first few pages of this thread, that takes it up to version 3 i think. Those updates worked for me - stopped the crashing and the lagging when working on non-catalyzer scenes. 

• I'm still getting crashing both when loading an animal into an existing scene and when rendering (sometimes). It's very frustrating, but there's not even any consistency in when it happens.

• @dreamfarmer and @Kevin Rye, please check again that you are using version 1.3: you can do that from menu Help->About Installed Plugins, highlight LAMH2Iray Catalyzer and check the information down.

If it's 1.3, please send me the log files after a crash at [email protected] , I will take a look at what's wrong.

• @dreamfarmer and @Kevin Rye, please check again that you are using version 1.3: you can do that from menu Help->About Installed Plugins, highlight LAMH2Iray Catalyzer and check the information down.

If it's 1.3, please send me the log files after a crash at [email protected] , I will take a look at what's wrong.

I'm running 1.3. I just sent you an email with some log files.