Daz Studio 4.9.4 Pro, General Release!

Comments

• ArtbyphilArtbyphil Posts: 91
    edited June 2017

I'm a bit confused about versions here. The one I have installed at the moment is 4.9.2.70. When I go to my content and download the one there it gives me version 4.9.4.117 whcih says beta and not 4.9.4.113 which is this one. How do I get the latest full release and not the beta ?

Post edited by Artbyphil on
  • frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,189

Follow the instructions in the FAQ; linked from the first post of this thread

• AndySAndyS Posts: 1,434
    edited June 2017

Hi Artbyphil,

be happy to have 4.9.2.70. There are some things not working anymore in the newer versions.
    There isn't any benefit out of 4.9.4. Even Genesis8 works fine, although you may get a negative message.

Post edited by AndyS on
  • ArtbyphilArtbyphil Posts: 91
    AndyS said:

Hi Artbyphil,

be happy to have 4.9.2.70. There are some things not working anymore in the newer versions.
    There isn't any benefit out of 4.9.4. Even Genesis8 works fine, although you may get a negative message.

Thanks for the info, I'll stick with this for a bit then as it all seems to be working OK. Have tried the Gen 8 base figure and as you say it gives an error but seems to open OK.

• Artbyphil said:
    AndyS said:

Hi Artbyphil,

Thanks for the info, I'll stick with this for a bit then as it all seems to be working OK. Have tried the Gen 8 base figure and as you say it gives an error but seems to open OK.

Genesis 8 female does not work fully in older versions of DS.

• RFB532RFB532 Posts: 94

IRAY Network Rendering? Softbody dynamics? Cloth Dynamics?

• glaseyeglaseye Posts: 1,305

Just curious; looking at the release notes in the 1st posts of this thread, I can't make out what changes are made / new functions are added to/for G8F?

So what new technology(?) is added for G8F to make it work fully?

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548
    edited June 2017

I just updated.  WHAT is going on? Changing the layout does NOT help.

daz upgrade.jpg
    1680 x 1018 - 212K
    Post edited by IceDragonArt on
    CypherFOX said:

Greetings,

So...just to note, installing DAZ 4.9.4 fried my non-beta install on Windows 10.  Completely hosed.  At first, it had a white UI, no icons, etc...  I figured I'd hosed something during the install, so I uninstalled, and re-installed.  It didn't recreate the desktop icon.  The install completes instantaneously, and shows up in installed products without the ability to show installed files, or anything else.  It has an 'Uninstall ?' button, where the '?' usually shows the amount of disk space the package takes up but now only reads '?'.  I can no longer uninstall DAZ 4.9 at all because of that.  It updated my beta just fine, and so I'm using the beta, but I've completely lost the ability to run the non-beta 'general release'.

I have no idea what to do to recover, since I can't even uninstall without crashing DAZ Install Manager. :(

--  Morgan

Go to the ManifestFiles folder and delete the .dsx for the DS release version so DIM will see it as uninstalled, and try a fresh download and install.

Where is the ManifestFiles Folder?

That did not work...

And uninstalling and re installing also did not work... I can't use it like this.  Please, any suggestion would be great.  I don't have an option to change my layout and no options to choose colors either.

edited June 2017

This is my logfile

2017-06-15 22:56:43.106 WARNING: dzneuraymgr.cpp(1189): MDL Import Error (4003) : The module "::daz_3d::basic" was not found or failed to compile.
    2017-06-15 22:56:43.106 WARNING: dzneuraymgr.cpp(1189): MDL Import Error (4006) : could not find module '::daz_3d::basic' in module path
    2017-06-15 22:56:43.106 WARNING: dzneuraymgr.cpp(307): Iray ERROR - module:category(MDLC:COMPILER):   1.0   MDLC   comp error: could not find module '::daz_3d::irayubermaterial' in module path
    2017-06-15 22:56:43.106 WARNING: dzneuraymgr.cpp(1189): MDL Import Error (4003) : The module "::daz_3d::irayubermaterial" was not found or failed to compile.
    2017-06-15 22:56:43.106 WARNING: dzneuraymgr.cpp(1189): MDL Import Error (4006) : could not find module '::daz_3d::irayubermaterial' in module path
    2017-06-15 22:56:43.106 WARNING: dzneuraymgr.cpp(307): Iray ERROR - module:category(MDLC:COMPILER):   1.0   MDLC   comp error: could not find module '::nvidia::axf_importer::axf_importer' in module path
    2017-06-15 22:56:43.106 WARNING: dzneuraymgr.cpp(1189): MDL Import Error (4003) : The module "::nvidia::axf_importer::axf_importer" was not found or failed to compile.
    2017-06-15 22:56:43.107 WARNING: dzneuraymgr.cpp(1189): MDL Import Error (4006) : could not find module '::nvidia::axf_importer::axf_importer' in module path
    2017-06-15 22:56:43.107 WARNING: dzneuraymgr.cpp(307): Iray ERROR - module:category(MDLC:COMPILER):   1.0   MDLC   comp error: could not find module '::nvidia::core_definitions' in module path
    2017-06-15 22:56:43.107 WARNING: dzneuraymgr.cpp(1189): MDL Import Error (4003) : The module "::nvidia::core_definitions" was not found or failed to compile.
    2017-06-15 22:56:43.107 WARNING: dzneuraymgr.cpp(1189): MDL Import Error (4006) : could not find module '::nvidia::core_definitions' in module path

2017-06-15 23:12:32.591 WARNING: QPainter::begin: A paint device can only be painted by one painter at a time.
    2017-06-15 23:12:32.591 WARNING: QPainter::font: Painter not active
    2017-06-15 23:12:32.591 WARNING: QPainter::setFont: Painter not active
    2017-06-15 23:12:32.592 WARNING: QPainter::fontMetrics: Painter not active
    2017-06-15 23:12:32.592 WARNING: QPainter::begin: A paint device can only be painted by one painter at a time.
    2017-06-15 23:12:32.592 WARNING: QPainter::font: Painter not active
    2017-06-15 23:12:32.592 WARNING: QPainter::setFont: Painter not active
    2017-06-15 23:12:32.592 WARNING: QPainter::fontMetrics: Painter not active
    2017-06-15 23:12:32.592 WARNING: QPainter::begin: A paint device can only be painted by one painter at a time.
    2017-06-15 23:12:32.592 WARNING: QPainter::font: Painter not active

I made sure that DS was closed when I uninstalled and re installed.  This is the message I am getting after the re install.

Post edited by IceDragonArt on
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565

Make sure DS is not still running in the background in Task Manager, then uninstall and reinstall.

Didn't work, I uninstalled again and am going to reboot.  Still getting the painter error in the log file as well.

Ok I got to thinking, I have my installation in DIM set to download my content to a different drive.  So I changed my installation path back to the C drive just for this install.  Hoping that will fix things...

Ugh it didn't work. I don't know what else to do. Its unusable like this....

I am still getting the font metrics painter error....

• JQPJQP Posts: 504

Has the "blue wheel of death when parenting figures to groups" bug been fixed? Not upgrading DS again until someone who's experienced this bug says it's fixed (it's persisted through the last 3 versions of DS I've tried to upgrade to).

• doydoy Posts: 5
    edited June 2017

Error copying file from packed archive ?

Post edited by doy on
  • AngellsAngells Posts: 109

When I try to load Genesis 8 I get the error can't load because your DS is not compatible with this figure. I tried to download the main program from the main page, but it is the same version I have wich is 4.9.3.166 I can't find the updates any where in content manager or at DS. How can I get the update to make Genesis 8 load. 

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,189
    JQP said:

Has the "blue wheel of death when parenting figures to groups" bug been fixed? Not upgrading DS again until someone who's experienced this bug says it's fixed (it's persisted through the last 3 versions of DS I've tried to upgrade to).

Have you put in a ticket on it?

• CypherFOXCypherFOX Posts: 3,401

Greetings,

It sounds like it was installed while DS was running. Make sure it is not listed as a process in Task Manager, and try downloading the actual installer from your products in the DAZ store.

I'm going to go with this, yeah.  I know to close DS before upgrading it, but apparently DS doesn't always completely close.

After DAZ Install Manager crashed, when I finally had time to work on it, I restarted it and it didn't see DAZ Studio as installed anymore.  But (while DS was closed!) DS still showed up in the Task Manager.  It had no windows associated with it, but was apparently still running. :(  I killed the process, re-did the install, and everything's looking pretty good now.

--  Morgan

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    CypherFOX said:
    I know to close DS before upgrading it, but apparently DS doesn't always completely close.

More like, it can take a while to completely close — there are various housekeeping routines that handle clearing out the temp folder, handing back used RAM, etc. I've never had this last more than a few minutes, but some people have reported it taking longer. And your OS doesn't consider D|S to be closed until all this is finished.

• lindanslindans Posts: 99
    edited June 2017

I can't seem to update either I get the error message with Genesis 8 to upgrade to version 4.9.4.111 or later but have no idea how to

The Dim lists Daz 4.5 but it doesn't download or install.  In the product library I can't tell what version is there as  it just says DAZ Studio pro 4.9

Post edited by lindans on
  • DoctorJellybeanDoctorJellybean Posts: 7,845
    lindans said:

In the product library I can't tell what version is there as  it just says DAZ Studio pro 4.9

That should be the latest version.

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    lindans said:
    In the product library I can't tell what version is there as  it just says DAZ Studio pro 4.9

You're only reading the item list on the left, which never shows the full version number. Hover your mouse over the blue manual download button for the D|S version you want and the status line at the bottom of your browser window will show the full filename, including the full version number.

Note that there was an extra update when the new Genesis figure was released, the current D|S version is 4.9.4.117.

• lindanslindans Posts: 99
    edited June 2017

Thanks - got it, will the update just overwrite or do I need to uninstall the version I have now?

Post edited by lindans on
  • AndySAndyS Posts: 1,434
    edited June 2017
    Artbyphil said:

Can you please document, what doesn't work for older versions?
    For everyday usage there wasn't any limitation trying it with 4.9.2.
    Even te Clones fully worked.

Post edited by AndyS on

So this is interesting.  When I finally gave up last night it was still a white screen although the beta loaded fine, and works as it should.  I have been gone all day, and when I just opened the upgraded pro version, everything seems to be back to normal.  I literally just closed it last night, got on the computer 5 minutes ago and its now working. SMH.  No idea what happened to have it now working but I am grateful it is lol.  Thank you very much for the help @fixmypcmike & DoctorJellybean

• lindans said:

Thanks - got it, will the update just overwrite or do I need to uninstall the version I have now?

The update will uninstall the previous version for you.

• dracorndracorn Posts: 2,333

Is there a link to the original graphic notification of the new release?  I wanted to save that (with the pretty pictures).