Daz Studio 4.9.4 Pro, General Release!

Comments

• AndySAndyS Posts: 1,434

Strange,

my DIM "only" shows an update to the "Public Build +Beta+".
    The current Beta I have installed is 4.9.4.113.

• Is the spot render new window not the same size as the full render window?

• kitakoredazkitakoredaz Posts: 3,526
    edited June 2017

spot render image  window  size  not same as  current view "camera (local aspect on) and Full render size" 

but seems use "Gloval pixel size about all spot render".  then If I set Gloval as "Active viewport" it may show same scale, but it means ,

Camera Full render not use "Local aspect" any more.

if spot render  use window size and scale of Full render please use Current view Camera  local for spot render too.  or please  just keep Current view port scale as same as view port. 

spot.JPG
    1282 x 862 - 228K
    spot2.JPG
    Post edited by kitakoredaz on
  • Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,610

Are there any updates to 3Delight?  Or just iRay?  Going to look through the list again.

• What's happen with download speed? Four hours for 45% of download, just now speed at 12 KB/s. This goes to end...never! :(

• DoctorJellybeanDoctorJellybean Posts: 7,845
    GiGi_7 said:

What's happen with download speed? Four hours for 45% of download, just now speed at 12 KB/s. This goes to end...never! :(

Server overload?

• Are there any updates to 3Delight?  Or just iRay?  Going to look through the list again.

I don't think there are any changes that are specific to 3Delight this time around.

Are there any updates to 3Delight?  Or just iRay?  Going to look through the list again.

I don't think there are any changes that are specific to 3Delight this time around.

Thank you but maybe next time

• GiGi_7 said:

What's happen with download speed? Four hours for 45% of download, just now speed at 12 KB/s. This goes to end...never! :(

Server overload?

Ouchhh!

T_T 

The worst: USA goes to bed after Venezuela. No hope for my download.

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,189
    GiGi_7 said:

As already mentioned its probably a server overload. This happens every time a big release comes out.

Guess I will try later.  I turned off the computer and preparing for sleep.

• denmisundenmisun Posts: 29
    edited June 2017

just want to say, the latest build (4.9.5) powerpose crashes daz3d almost instantaneously on the mac. 

Post edited by denmisun on
  • spot render image  window  size  not same as  current view "camera (local aspect on) and Full render size" 

but seems use "Gloval pixel size about all spot render".  then If I set Gloval as "Active viewport" it may show same scale, but it means ,

Camera Full render not use "Local aspect" any more.

if spot render  use window size and scale of Full render please use Current view Camera  local for spot render too.  or please  just keep Current view port scale as same as view port. 

I am getting the same size and proportion for a spot render to a new window and a full render (1,000 pixels wide by 500 pixels high).

Spot vs full render.JPG
    1557 x 1074 - 234K

So it work for you with your setting  but Actually it did not work for me.   I use same camera as view , then show spot render (it use gloval setting)  and full render (it use local camera).   Then I do not hope additional test any more. 

I still have another problem, for me it is more improatnt. because I already send ticket 2 times and still wait clear answer. but have not gotten reply.

almost 1 years .  then I decide ,  same test  about all version and stik i there. .  I definelty say genessi3 is unique and  corrupt save scene process somehow.

This time,  I load G2 with G3, then make morph for both, and import it by hexagon bridge one by one, then load and fit to clothings. and  save the scene. (both fit well)

when I load the scene, both actor lost ability to auto follow morph,  not only about G3 but about oher character (in this test I use G2M) . about this scene, I can not fit any clohitng about these shape. (load different clothing, ,then fit to,, not work.. simply morphs can not auto follow any more).

but I test samething with G2 only,, then  save scene , and load scene,, it  keep generate morph.(which not saved as morph) without problem.

I think, DAZ can not solve this problem forever.  but do not you think , it need to be solve to keep compatiblity about save scene?   why G3 not work? 

newtestautofollow1.JPG
    1484 x 845 - 196K
    newtestautofollow2.JPG
    1498 x 871 - 199K
    newtestautofollow3.JPG
    1428 x 788 - 168K
    newtestautofollowG2Monly.JPG
    1324 x 858 - 169K

So for Richard work, but it not work for me    (betuni....    anatanotamejya naindakara!!  )

imageimageimage

sp1.JPG
    sp2.JPG
    sp3.JPG
    Imago said:

The workspace bug is still here!
    When I click on "Frame" button in the right side the view gets skyrocketed far away!

Yes I had seen same problem, but to discribe  was difficult. then thank you., I releive me,  You saw same problem.

It is really annoying, befor it can easy set Actor in frame of selected camera, in large scene.   Now it do not work as same as before. 

• So it work for you with your setting  but Actually it did not work for me.   I use same camera as view , then show spot render (it use gloval setting)  and full render (it use local camera).   Then I do not hope additional test any more.

Sorry, I'd missed that it was a camera with local settings you were using  -yes, I see the same - Spot Render uses the global settings and not camera settings. It does respect other camera settings, such as Headlamp mode.

• I updated to the 4.9.4 version and the Iray seems to  render quicker! That is so awesome. Thanks.

• lasagnamanlasagnaman Posts: 1,001

hi how do you update to daz studio 4.9.4 i  try clicking on manual install but it keeps bringing me back to the product library 

i dont understand this   can someone help me please ty so much

• CypherFOXCypherFOX Posts: 3,401
    edited June 2017

Greetings,

So...just to note, installing DAZ 4.9.4 fried my non-beta install on Windows 10.  Completely hosed.  At first, it had a white UI, no icons, etc...  I figured I'd hosed something during the install, so I uninstalled, and re-installed.  It didn't recreate the desktop icon.  The install completes instantaneously, and shows up in installed products without the ability to show installed files, or anything else.  It has an 'Uninstall ?' button, where the '?' usually shows the amount of disk space the package takes up but now only reads '?'.  I can no longer uninstall DAZ 4.9 at all because of that.  It updated my beta just fine, and so I'm using the beta, but I've completely lost the ability to run the non-beta 'general release'.

I have no idea what to do to recover, since I can't even uninstall without crashing DAZ Install Manager. :(

--  Morgan

Post edited by CypherFOX on
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    CypherFOX said:

Greetings,

So...just to note, installing DAZ 4.9.4 fried my non-beta install on Windows 10.  Completely hosed.  At first, it had a white UI, no icons, etc...  I figured I'd hosed something during the install, so I uninstalled, and re-installed.  It didn't recreate the desktop icon.  The install completes instantaneously, and shows up in installed products without the ability to show installed files, or anything else.  It has an 'Uninstall ?' button, where the '?' usually shows the amount of disk space the package takes up but now only reads '?'.  I can no longer uninstall DAZ 4.9 at all because of that.  It updated my beta just fine, and so I'm using the beta, but I've completely lost the ability to run the non-beta 'general release'.

I have no idea what to do to recover, since I can't even uninstall without crashing DAZ Install Manager. :(

--  Morgan

Go to the ManifestFiles folder and delete the .dsx for the DS release version so DIM will see it as uninstalled, and try a fresh download and install.

• DoctorJellybeanDoctorJellybean Posts: 7,845

It sounds like it was installed while DS was running. Make sure it is not listed as a process in Task Manager, and try downloading the actual installer from your products in the DAZ store.

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146
    edited June 2017

Can't GoZ to work now.  I'm upgraded to 4R8 today and now my bridge won't connect.  I have reinstalled from ZBrush AND DAZ Studio via DIM.  SO what do I do now?

If I need to hand edit a file to make sure the correct path is there I just need the path to the file.  The file path to ZBrush is now in the main Program Files folder not the Program Files (x86) folder

Post edited by RAMWolff on
  • RajibRajib Posts: 18

Nothing is showing up under pose control for Genesis 3 Female. e.g under Head there are no options. No mouth open, lips part, etc. Under expressions, there is nothing.  There is no 'Eyes' option to move the eyes, etc. In fact I am seeing only items that have 3rd party options or if I had saved a scene with a character set with any of those options (e.g. lips part) in the previous 4.9.3 version, then only those options are shown.

• DigiDotzDigiDotz Posts: 508

Upgrade successful here  ..had to change layout to get content showing for some reason.

• JD_MortalJD_Mortal Posts: 758

Not sure if this was an issue before, as this is the first time I have seen the settings for this...

Camera: "Lens Shift X (mm)" has the same exact results as "Lens Stereo Offset (mm)"

Expected results: Stereo offset is a linear shift of the camera/lens, to an angle, simulating the right and left divergance of eyes. Here, it is just a renamed "Lens Shift X". {Stereoscopic or stereo-image shift can be done by simply "X Translate" of the camera, along with centering the "Lens Shift X", to return the view back to center.)

To make a view stereoscopic, there is a physical perspective-view change, which your eyes converge portions of the image, making the rest of the image blurred or non-converged. This effect does not happen when the view is simply "Lens Shifted X", or "Lens Stereo Offset".

However, I have not tried this with "Distortions", which may or may not result in the expected results. This is in observation of the "NONE" distortion type. (In which case, the option for "Lens Stereo Offset" should be disabled, as it operates the same as the "Lens Shift", just above. Also, grouped within the "TYPE", as well as "Lens Distortion Scale", which only applies when there is a distortion actually selected.)

I have a similar issue with the IRAY materials settings, where certain settings are not even calculated, when another setting is selected, but you can still adjust the sliders, as if they might actually do something. (Must see the IRAY documentation to figure-out why some settings do nothing, when another setting has a set value. Like being metallic ignoring certain other values, or having illumination ignoring certain other values.)

• RAMWolff said:

Can't GoZ to work now.  I'm upgraded to 4R8 today and now my bridge won't connect.  I have reinstalled from ZBrush AND DAZ Studio via DIM.  SO what do I do now?

If I need to hand edit a file to make sure the correct path is there I just need the path to the file.  The file path to ZBrush is now in the main Program Files folder not the Program Files (x86) folder

I saw a comment in another forum that 4R7 needed to be uninstalled before installing 4R8 to avoid GoZ issues, but I don't know how absolute that is.

• AndySAndyS Posts: 1,434
    JD_Mortal said:

Not sure if this was an issue before, as this is the first time I have seen the settings for this...

Camera: "Lens Shift X (mm)" has the same exact results as "Lens Stereo Offset (mm)"

Expected results: Stereo offset is a linear shift of the camera/lens, to an angle, simulating the right and left divergance of eyes. Here, it is just a renamed "Lens Shift X". {Stereoscopic or stereo-image shift can be done by simply "X Translate" of the camera, along with centering the "Lens Shift X", to return the view back to center.)

To make a view stereoscopic, there is a physical perspective-view change, which your eyes converge portions of the image, making the rest of the image blurred or non-converged. This effect does not happen when the view is simply "Lens Shifted X", or "Lens Stereo Offset".

Correct.
    I don't understand those parameters and they currently work neigther. Although I created a stereo camera as a freebee by myself a long time ago.

Strange: What is the real measure for the "Lens Stereo Offset"? -> see attachment (did it that way to demonstrate the shift).

Furthermore strange: If I activate DoF, the shift of the rendered figure is gone.

Zwischenablage02.jpg
    1208 x 996 - 124K
    edited June 2017

Ignore

Post edited by Rajib on

-