CAR AND BIKE LOVERS THREAD - MARK II

Comments

• music2u4umusic2u4u Posts: 2,822
    edited February 2013

Cool! Gonna have a look at this one.

:-)

I love the old split rear window truck cabs. Looks like a small block chevy engine...maybe a 327 or 350. Lots of extras. Good deal for $11.00.

Thanks Bob.

Post edited by music2u4u on
    edited February 2013

ah...nevermind...lol.

• GLWoodardGLWoodard Posts: 3,335
    edited December 1969

Made some changes to the Duece!

Flatheads_are_Forever02.jpg
    1900 x 1068 - 632K
    Flatheads_are_Forever01.jpg
    1900 x 1068 - 620K
    Flatheads_are_Forever00.jpg
    1900 x 1068 - 660K
    edited December 1969

A flathead v8 and baby moons....the stuff rods are made of.

• RNR_DV8RNR_DV8 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

57 Chevy Fleetliner, an okay mesh on this one.

Fleetliner.jpeg
    1600 x 1000 - 1M
    edited December 1969

RNR_DV8 said:
    57 Chevy Fleetliner, an okay mesh on this one.

That one is a very nice mesh, from the looks of it, it isn't however, a 57! Maybe a 54.

• RNR_DV8RNR_DV8 Posts: 0
    edited February 2013

Definitely not a 57..., I guess I should have researched it a bit, It was labeled as a 57 but in reality GM quit producing them in 52....Dunno what year it is supposed to be.....?

Post edited by RNR_DV8 on
  • CherokeeCherokee Posts: 292
    edited February 2013

RNR_DV8 said:
    Definitely not a 57..., I guess I should have researched it a bit, It was labeled as a 57 but in reality GM quit producing them in 52....Dunno what year it is supposed to be.....?

That looks like the Fedoraville Chevrolet Fleetline by Meshbox. They have it labeled ar a 1942 but that's wrong too. The shape pf the top is what alerted me to where it originally came from. http://www.miryestore.com/product.php?productid=16746&cat=561&page=1

Post edited by Cherokee on
    edited December 1969

Wouldn't you really rather have a chevy?

wouldn_t_you_really_rather_have_a_chevy00.jpg
    1900 x 1068 - 499K
  • PetipetPetipet Posts: 102
    edited December 1969

I understand that you like retro style. I looked at the models cars DAZ and Renderosity them very much. I am at a loss to know what model do to please you. Nemogli you tell what model of car you would like to see. So I did not repeat.
    Sorry for my English.

edited December 1969

petipet said:
    I understand that you like retro style. I looked at the models cars DAZ and Renderosity them very much. I am at a loss to know what model do to please you. Nemogli you tell what model of car you would like to see. So I did not repeat.
    Sorry for my English.

Oh man, there are so many we would like to see, let alone to have! Of course the more popular cars are pretty much already covered, cars like the 55, 56 and 57 Chevy's have already been done, I would like to see more Ford products of course, a 49 would be real nice to have, as well as a 56 and a 57.

edited December 1969

betsy662 said:
    petipet said:
    Sorry for my English.

Oh man, there are so many we would like to see, let alone to have! Of course the more popular cars are pretty much already covered, cars like the 55, 56 and 57 Chevy's have already been done, I would like to see more Ford products of course, a 49 would be real nice to have, as well as a 56 and a 57.

And the 1960 thru 1964 Fords.

edited December 1969

Cherokee said:
    betsy662 said:
    petipet said:
    Sorry for my English.

Absolutely, especially the 1964 Galaxy 500 XL!

edited December 1969

betsy662 said:
    Cherokee said:
    betsy662 said:
    petipet said:
    Sorry for my English.

You got that right. I'd love one so I could do Fireball Roberts 1964 Ford.

edited December 1969

I'd love it just for its luxury sports muscle car appeal!

edited February 2013

betsy662 said:
    petipet said:
    Sorry for my English.

A 57 ford two door for sure...red and white two tone color.

I also would love to see a 1962 Ford Falcon, two door or a station wagon. I made this red one in photoshop years ago.

1962_Falcon_1.jpg
    640 x 480 - 185K
    edited February 2013

betsy662 said:
    I'd love it just for its luxury sports muscle car appeal!

Oh yeah!

I know about the Sketchup one but I've just never been able to get all the parts together, plus, I've found problems with the mesh when exported from Sketchup. If I just just get the body and interior to export good, I'd work with that one.

edited December 1969

Yeah I worked that one together about a year or so ago, I couldn't get the mesh on that one to work well at all, I did manage to fully assemble the car in Sketchup, but once I exported it, the body just has too many things wrong with it, didn't work well in DS at all!

edited December 1969

betsy662 said:
    Yeah I worked that one together about a year or so ago, I couldn't get the mesh on that one to work well at all, I did manage to fully assemble the car in Sketchup, but once I exported it, the body just has too many things wrong with it, didn't work well in DS at all!

It didn't work well in Poser either.

edited February 2013

betsy662 said:
    Cherokee said:
    betsy662 said:
    petipet said:
    Sorry for my English.

Like this?

64Galaxie500_1.jpg
    1280 x 1024 - 105K
    64Galaxie500_2.jpg
    1280 x 1024 - 147K
    64Galaxie500_3.jpg
    1280 x 1024 - 218K
    64Galaxie500_4.jpg
    1280 x 1024 - 111K
    edited December 1969

music2u4u said:
    betsy662 said:
    Cherokee said:
    betsy662 said:
    petipet said:
    Sorry for my English.

Like this?

Okay, you either rendered that somehow in Sketchup, or you found a way to make it work in DS, which is it? LOL

edited February 2013

music2u4u said:
    betsy662 said:
    Cherokee said:
    betsy662 said:
    petipet said:
    Sorry for my English.

Like this?

Now, how did you get that out of Sketchup looking that good?

If that is an obj file and not rendered in Sketchup, I WANT IT.

edited February 2013

It's all sketchup, and I rendered these in DS. The body is seperate, interior, dash, Frame, front end,and rear end are seperate. It was all made by the same guy, so all the parts fit together. Problem is...it's all together too big a file for the warehouse, so he uploaded the parts seperate. I just exported each part as .3ds, took each through Poseray to smooth it out, then exported as .obj files and assembled it in DS. No postwork was used in the renders. This is how it looks in DS. I had recolored all the suspension and frame parts but forgot to save it after all that work...what a dummy! Lots of mat zones avail. Only set back is the doors and hood don't open.

http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehouse/search?uq=0651046356747492437413584&scoring=m

edited December 1969

music2u4u said:
    It's all sketchup, and I rendered these in DS. The body is seperate, interior, dash, Frame, front end,and rear end are seperate. It was all made by the same guy, so all the parts fit together. Problem is...it's all together too big a file for the warehouse, so he uploaded the parts seperate. I just exported each part as .3ds, took each through Poseray to smooth it out, then exported as .obj files and assembled it in DS. No postwork was used in the renders. This is how it looks in DS. I had recolored all the suspension and frame parts but forgot to save it after all that work...what a dummy! Lots of mat zones avail. Only set back is the doors and hood don't open.

http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehouse/search?uq=0651046356747492437413584&scoring=m

Thanks for that info. Thought maybe you hit on something good that would work for Poser so I tried it. No luck. Still came out looking just as if I had exported it from Sketchup as an obj file. Most of the car has reversed polys. Even tried fixing that in PoseRay with no luck.

edited February 2013

Nationale7 has a new one...1940 Lincoln Zepher convertible...real nice, but pricey!

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?ViewProduct=97678

also...the real deal...looks pretty close from here.

1940_Lincoln_Zephyr_Continental_Cabriolet_-_fvr.jpg
    1680 x 1050 - 550K
    1940Lincoln.jpg
    800 x 800 - 246K
  • PetipetPetipet Posts: 102
    edited December 1969

Beautiful cars, I can be do a collector's series of vintage cars.
    I'll think about it, thank you for your answers.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited February 2013

But do please also think of tose of us who are not American and like to see nice British and european vintage and classic cars as well.

I have owned and driven several iconic British cars that are now considered as classic cars. Those that spring to mind include the Vauxhall HA Viva (had 2 of them) Mk 1 Cortina, the Moggy (or Morris minor) and of course the Consul classic.

Post edited by Chohole on
    edited February 2013

Hey music,

This is what I get when I import that Galaxie into Poser.

64Galaxie1.jpg
    1218 x 884 - 99K
    edited December 1969

Cherokee said:
    Hey music,

This is what I get when I import that Galaxie into Poser.

It's beautiful...my kind car...NOT!

Normals have flipped. Maybe some kind Poser user/expert will come help us out here.

Is there a God?

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    But do please also think of tose of us who are not American and like to see nice British and european vintage and classic cars as well.

I have owned and driven several iconic British cars that are now considered as classic cars. Those that spring to mind include the Vauxhall HA Viva (had 2 of them) Mk 1 Cortina, the Moggy (or Morris minor) and of course the Consul classic.

Only British car I ever owned was an MG Midget. It was tiny, but fun.

This discussion has been closed.