Llola Lane’s RENDER A MONTH Challenge 2017 CLOSED!!! Please join our 2018 thread

Comments

• Llola LaneLlola Lane Posts: 9,009
    SimonJM said:

Going vaguely literal again ...

Literal is sooo on the EDGE!  lol.  Don't look dooooowwwwwwwwwwn!   Glad ta see the kitteh Simon :)  Thanks for sharing!

btw... anyone else see the building smiling???  two eyes (windows)... nose (balcony)... lips (lower??? at the bottom of the page)... LOL

• Llola LaneLlola Lane Posts: 9,009
    dawnblade said:

"I Should Have Stayed Home!"

Looks like it's gonna be a long fall... eekkk.  Wonderful artwork Dawnblade.  Thanks for sharing!

• dawnbladedawnblade Posts: 1,723

Thanks Llola Lane! :)

• luci45luci45 Posts: 2,649
    edited June 2017

Some really cool renders already for June, bigh, deeleelaw57, SimonJM, dawnblade! Wow!

This month is a big stretch for me as I envisioned a silhouette type thing and I tend to soften edges and avoid contrast. So it was kind of different and fun. Thank again, Llola, for the great themes. 

Squirrel on Edge

edge squirrel.jpg
    1800 x 1076 - 376K
    Post edited by luci45 on
  • bighbigh Posts: 8,147

I found it - cool render

Thank you luci45! Nice silhouette render!

• deeleelaw57deeleelaw57 Posts: 1,478

Thank you all for the comments. 

Sailing to the Edge

Someone needs to tell the captain to turn that ship around!  lol... Very well done Dee.... Great moon too!  Thanks for sharing.

Thank you Llola Lane, but alas I fear telling the captain to turn would do no good. The pride of Her Majesty's fleet runs from nothing. They realy did go through a lot of ships and good men in those days.

edited June 2017

luci45, I love the sunrise/sunset coloration and the way the light sets the light and dark tones on the landscape. Having lived many years near the high desert I have seen this very often.

I do feel for the squirrel, He is easy fresh prey for those sharp eyed hawks above.

Post edited by deeleelaw57 on
  • isidornisidorn Posts: 1,601

Lovely colour Luci45! Makes the squirrel blend in nicely

• Kismet2012Kismet2012 Posts: 4,252
    edited June 2017

My contribution for June.

Sushmita.png
    1500 x 1200 - 2M
    Post edited by Kismet2012 on

Wow Kismet2012, I love the depth, the camera angle, the shadow, and the proff that sun worshipers are extreme and extremely nutz.

I just backed up into my seat, Kismet2012! Nice work!

Thank you @deeleelaw57 and @dawnblade.  I have had this image in my head for a few days.  Finally sat down and worked on it.

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,942

That's not a great place to have a sneezing fit ...! cheeky

That gave me a sense of vertigo! Well done!

• luci45luci45 Posts: 2,649

Thanks for all the kind words. (deeleelaw57, I lived in the high desert for many years.)

Kismet2012, that is awesome! That is a real edge!

• LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,780

Seems the edge is bringing out the creaticity in everyone, that cliff really causes vetigo ther Kismet, I would never place myself there... and the squirrels hopefully makes it back home safely using the last rays of sunlight to collect some seeds. I love the colours in that one!

• mori_mannmori_mann Posts: 1,152

Some edgy edges so far. Good work! Let's see if I can catch my muse and cobble something together, too.

• nattaruknattaruk Posts: 518

As someone who does NOT like heights I'm struggling with this months theme.

Aaargh, get away from the edge!!!!!

Notwithstanding that, excellent renders everyone!

My cpu is chugging along working on my own effort.

edited June 2017

after all those steep edges I took a bit of a different approach to the edge, I called this one Dooms edge    still a place I'd rather not be...

Dooms_edge.png
    1414 x 2000 - 4M
    Post edited by Linwelly on

Nice Linwelly! I started with that type of render but thought "everyone will be using a sword!" laugh

dawnblade said:

Nice Linwelly! I started with that type of render but thought "everyone will be using a sword!" laugh

I was afraid that could be the case but as I saw the first ones come life I decided it's not the theme for most so I went on with it.

Linwelly your render is really the cutting edge and in the hands of the appropriate character, well done.

edited June 2017

Hey @nattaruk, same here on the acrophobia! Even the Spider-Man video games gave me the heebie jeebies. Maybe think about edge as a verb, like edging away from someone. I think that would still qualify.

Post edited by dawnblade on
  • bighbigh Posts: 8,147

wow look out

• mori_mannmori_mann Posts: 1,152

Sharp indeed! The thought crossed my mind, but only Dimi volunteered and he was in last month's challenge already, so lookign for a different idea :)

I wouldn't want to be on the recieving end of that sharp edge! Nicely done Linwelly!

Linwelly said:

after all those steep edges I took a bit of a different approach to the edge, I called this one Dooms edge    still a place I'd rather not be...

Nice edge Linwelly.  Great use of DOF.

Thanks for the compliments and laughs everyone.  Sushmita is a daredevil.  I wouldn't go anywhere near that edge if I had the choice.

• nattaruknattaruk Posts: 518
    edited June 2017

@Linwelly, my earlier "Aaargh, get away from the edge!!!!!" still applies! That blade looks awfully sharp.

@dawnblade, that is sort of what I'm doing with my render which is currently in the 'should I post this or try something else' stage.

Post edited by nattaruk on