Llola Lane’s RENDER A MONTH Challenge 2017 CLOSED!!! Please join our 2018 thread

Comments

• LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,802
    nattaruk said:

@Linwelly, my earlier "Aaargh, get away from the edge!!!!!" still applies! That blade looks awfully sharp.

@dawnblade, that is sort of what I'm doing with my render which is currently in the 'should I post this or try something else' stage.

there are other edges as well that could be used. that is one of the fun things from this thread, that people take different approaches and turn the meaning around.

Thanks everybody for the nice comments. I believe i will do a second render of this one with the focus on the guy instead, as this one will be driving me insane if I look at it any longer. that one will go up in my thread then.

• Kismet2012Kismet2012 Posts: 4,252
    Linwelly said:
    nattaruk said:

@Linwelly, my earlier "Aaargh, get away from the edge!!!!!" still applies! That blade looks awfully sharp.

@dawnblade, that is sort of what I'm doing with my render which is currently in the 'should I post this or try something else' stage.

there are other edges as well that could be used. that is one of the fun things from this thread, that people take different approaches and turn the meaning around.

Thanks everybody for the nice comments. I believe i will do a second render of this one with the focus on the guy instead, as this one will be driving me insane if I look at it any longer. that one will go up in my thread then.

I am looking forward to seeing that one Linwelly.  He is definitely worth the focus. 

Linwelly said:
    nattaruk said:

I am looking forward to seeing that one Linwelly.  He is definitely worth the focus. 

he is up on my thread ;)

• nattaruknattaruk Posts: 525

Title: On Edge at the Edge of Edge.

It was almost certainly just a dead branch falling from a tree but Theseus had leapt to full alert. Ariadne was starting to worry about him because the only armed, dangerous person in the flatlands was him.

The Quest for the Lost Labyrinth team, guided by the Fae Goldberry*, had reached the edge of the flatland called Edge and were awaiting the skyship which would ferry them to the next flatland where Goldberry had said, “There’s a large house with too many corridors and sadly no kitchen”.

* not the dragon inpersonator.

3Delight render, no postwork.

Great story @nattaruk

• deeleelaw57deeleelaw57 Posts: 1,478

Very nice nattaruk, that time of day when the sun is low the shadows are long and the most seasoned adventurer would be on edge.

• isidornisidorn Posts: 1,601

That's just lovely @nattaruk ! Both render and story smiley

wow, lot of edgy story nattaruk, now I wonder how they will edge on...

• dawnbladedawnblade Posts: 1,723

Nice and edgy, nattaruk! You're good at storytelling as well. smiley

• nattaruknattaruk Posts: 525

Thank you all for your comments about my render. The Quest for The Lost Labyrinth is starting to take on a life of its own: there is a lot more untold story behind each render....

I'm trying to get myself together enough to start a thread to tell more.

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Very cool!  I love storytelling renders!  I finally found your thread again lol.  I haven't seen in and for some reason it was no longer favorited.  I've had that happen a couple of times though I think its just a weird forum hiccup

• Llola LaneLlola Lane Posts: 9,074
    luci45 said:

Some really cool renders already for June, bigh, deeleelaw57, SimonJM, dawnblade! Wow!

This month is a big stretch for me as I envisioned a silhouette type thing and I tend to soften edges and avoid contrast. So it was kind of different and fun. Thank again, Llola, for the great themes. 

Squirrel on Edge

WOW Luci... great render... I see the squirrel.. I'm glad you are enjoying the challenges.  Thanks for sharing :)

My contribution for June.

Ughh Kismet... I'm NOT gonna look down... Scared of heights I am...  ughhh... That said... Wonderful artwork... Thanks for sharing :)

mori_mann said:

Some edgy edges so far. Good work! Let's see if I can catch my muse and cobble something together, too.

Yes please Mori :)

nattaruk said:

As someone who does NOT like heights I'm struggling with this months theme.

Aaargh, get away from the edge!!!!!

Notwithstanding that, excellent renders everyone!

My cpu is chugging along working on my own effort.

oo can't wait to see it Nattaruk ;)

Linwelly said:

after all those steep edges I took a bit of a different approach to the edge, I called this one Dooms edge    still a place I'd rather not be...

Spot on Linwelly :)  I'm so glad you gave us a literal version for this month's EDGE.  Thanks for sharing (thumbzzzzz up!)

dawnblade said:

Hey @nattaruk, same here on the acrophobia! Even the Spider-Man video games gave me the heebie jeebies. Maybe think about edge as a verb, like edging away from someone. I think that would still qualify.

<--is laughing...  In my WOW game you can fly.. I get around mostly by riding my horse... LOL  Silly I know.. flying is faster... but I can't look down... eep (closes eyes).. lol

edited July 2017
    nattaruk said:

Title: On Edge at the Edge of Edge.

It was almost certainly just a dead branch falling from a tree but Theseus had leapt to full alert. Ariadne was starting to worry about him because the only armed, dangerous person in the flatlands was him.

The Quest for the Lost Labyrinth team, guided by the Fae Goldberry*, had reached the edge of the flatland called Edge and were awaiting the skyship which would ferry them to the next flatland where Goldberry had said, “There’s a large house with too many corridors and sadly no kitchen”.

* not the dragon inpersonator.

3Delight render, no postwork.

Love the story to go along with the art nattaruk... Thanks for sharing.  FYI... I have a story telling thread if you'd like to have a look.  It may give you ideas for yours if you are wondering how to put it together... Here's the linky...https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/35081/llola-lane-s-story-telling-thread-looking-for-writers-poets-join-me-if-you-wish

==========

EDIT... omg... I totally forgot about EDGE... I'm posting it now... Sorry gang.. Summer has been hectic... Nothing fancy... Here is my EDGE of your seat render ... cheated so I don't mess up the CLOSEUPs... I'll try and not wait til the last minute to post... Got a LOT of camping planned for July. 

"Edge of your seat!"

EDGE of your seat DONE SIGN.jpg
    1024 x 1024 - 142K
    Post edited by Llola Lane on
  • isidornisidorn Posts: 1,601

Last day of the month and I won't be getting any Edge render done, much less posted. Unless I cheat and post a random picture from the internet of a certain member of an irish rock band...  sad Good thing there's been a whole bunch of others, and very good ones too, this month.

isidorn said:

Last day of the month and I won't be getting any Edge render done, much less posted. Unless I cheat and post a random picture from the internet of a certain member of an irish rock band...  sad Good thing there's been a whole bunch of others, and very good ones too, this month.

Awwww darn...no ducky on the edge.  I hope we see a close-up this month @isidorn.

edited July 2017

My first time using the new Victoria 8.

Victoria 8 Closeup.png
    1500 x 844 - 2M
    Post edited by Kismet2012 on
  • deeleelaw57deeleelaw57 Posts: 1,478

Very Nice KIsmet2012, I love the eyes, V8 is my new favorite to work with. 

edited July 2017

kk... Now it's July... time for CLOSE UPs everyone... Let's zooooooooom in and see some details.  :)

Post edited by Llola Lane on
    isidorn said:

You are welcome to squeeeeeeeeeeeze one in if you can get it finished isidorn... I did (see above)  winks

My first time using the new Victoria 8.

She's really pretty Kismet... Not had a chance to make a good render of her yet.  I've gotta figure out how to upload 4.9... Can't seem to get Dim to install it :(

edited July 2017

Thank you @deeleelaw57 and @Llola Lane. 

I hope you get 4.9 installed soon Llola.  Frustrating when it doesn't want to install correctly.

Post edited by Kismet2012 on

Thank you @deeleelaw57 and @Llola Lane. 

I hope you get 4.9 installed soon Llola.  Frustrating when it doesn't want to install correctly.

agreed :)

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,947

Here we go for a close-up ...

Wow you-ve been already busy, I don't even have an idea.

Nice dreamy closeup there Kismet. I like the colours.

That is one great expression there Simon, that had me chuckling as well.