Llola Lane’s RENDER A MONTH Challenge 2017 CLOSED!!! Please join our 2018 thread

Comments

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,653
    dawnblade said:

I like it, mori_mann!

One of the best things I learn here in this monthly competition and throughout the galleries and forums is thinking outside the box. I'm much more analytical than creative, so I really have to push myself to come up with ideas for scenes. So when I say something like "very creative" it isn't just a trite expression. Many of you have such a gift in expressing yourselves through art that it just blows me away in what you create. You all inspire me. smiley

I would have never thought that I could inspire someone with my art, thanks so much for the inspiring words.

• LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,802
    dawnblade said:

I like it, mori_mann!

One of the best things I learn here in this monthly competition and throughout the galleries and forums is thinking outside the box. I'm much more analytical than creative, so I really have to push myself to come up with ideas for scenes. So when I say something like "very creative" it isn't just a trite expression. Many of you have such a gift in expressing yourselves through art that it just blows me away in what you create. You all inspire me. smiley

I am a rather analytical person as well so creativity isn't just there most of the times. What helps is to let sillyness take over. Try the RRRR contest, you get to randomly seletct stuff from your runtime and create a scene from that ( you can sue additional stuff but those need to be in) its a great way to "learn " creativity because it gives the brain a stop to making the decisions and just work with what is there. Lots of my renders start out with looking through new (and old unused) stuff in my runtime and either something catches me and I start adding stuff or I move on to the next.

• ChameoChameo Posts: 306

So very true, @Kismet2012.

@SaphireWild, gorgeous render, and very creative. The lighting looks great - and I love the slight difference in angle of the painting.

• LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,802

Wonderful ideas from both of you  MoriMann and Saphirewild!

• dawnbladedawnblade Posts: 1,723
    Linwelly said:

I am a rather analytical person as well so creativity isn't just there most of the times. What helps is to let sillyness take over. Try the RRRR contest, you get to randomly seletct stuff from your runtime and create a scene from that ( you can sue additional stuff but those need to be in) its a great way to "learn " creativity because it gives the brain a stop to making the decisions and just work with what is there. Lots of my renders start out with looking through new (and old unused) stuff in my runtime and either something catches me and I start adding stuff or I move on to the next.

Good to know! I'll check out the RRRR contest, thanks! So true about silliness; that's why some of my renders for these challenges are on the goofy side. cheeky

I would have never thought that I could inspire someone with my art, thanks so much for the inspiring words.

You do, thank you, and you're welcome!

• deeleelaw57deeleelaw57 Posts: 1,478

Very nice render Saphirewild. I like the background mountains and sky, nice but not overpowering.

• Kismet2012Kismet2012 Posts: 4,252

Clever @Saphirewild.

Everyone has done a great job "framing" their characters this month.

• isidornisidorn Posts: 1,601

Oh my! This thread has been busy! It's always a please to see what everyone comes up with and yes, it's also a great source of inspiration.

• Llola LaneLlola Lane Posts: 9,075
    luci45 said:

Got mine done early this month! laugh

Wonderful Luci... sorry I'm late this response.  Thanks for sharing :)

dawnblade said:

"Balancing Act"

ooo Great way to frame an ogre ;)  Thanks for sharing Dawnblade!

What's This?

Peek a boooooo!!!  glub.. glub... lol

Great frame idea Kismet!  Thanks for sharing.

Do It That Way!

My two granddaughters are one of my favorite sources of inspiration. For Christmas, I used FaceGen to create fantasy portraits of each of them, and create a new face morph for each of them every few weeks to capture the changes as they grow up. This time, I used the Genesis 3 mesh, and used morph dials to shape a complete form for each of them. This one captures them in their favorite mode - arguing with each other over how to build something with Legos.

Glad you could join us this month  chameleonsdream.... Lots of frames in your artwork... Well done... Thanks for sharing. :)

Linwelly said:

nice word with the grandkids there chameleonsdream!

I got mine together now as well:

Epic fail

two seconds later: what, why are you not...

'caus I'm a djinn twerp ...

Iray, no postwork.

for a render with both of them in the selfie visit my thread ;) couldn't let those beauties go to waste

eep.. spooky... I think if my friend didn't show up in a selfie I'd run the other way... LOL.  Love it!  Thanks for sharing Linwelly!

mori_mann said:

Nice new additions! Seems like people have Djinn-fever all over the place ;)

Experimenting with stuff. Not sure how happy I am with this, but hey, it's the idea that counts!

Dimi, framed by some walls, gates and lights. Oh, judging by his grin, he may haveset up some.. prank here or there, too. Perhaps he.. framed some competitor thief or unsuspecting guard something ;)

(PNG, because the JPEG was horrible when uploaded)

Great 'idea' mori_mann... I think I'll stay in doors... away from the pranks ;)   lol.  thanks for sharing!

Titled: Bring It Into Focus For Me!

oo this is great Saphirewild... You gave me an idea for a photograph... I've been racking my brain trying to think of something unusul. I hope it turns out as great as yours... Thanks for sharing... ;)  lol. 

• luci45luci45 Posts: 2,671

Thanks for the nice complements. 

LIke dawnblade I am blown away by the creativity here. And thank you again Llola for this forum that gives us a focus every month. (I really need to be reined in.) laugh

luci45 said:

Thanks for the nice complements. 

LIke dawnblade I am blown away by the creativity here. And thank you again Llola for this forum that gives us a focus every month. (I really need to be reined in.) laugh

my pleasure Luci... but if it wasn't for you all... it would be an empty thread ;)  Well done everyone!

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,653

Thanks for the nice comment Llola hun!!!

dawnblade said:

"Balancing Act"

ooo Great way to frame an ogre ;)  Thanks for sharing Dawnblade!

You're welcome! Glad you liked it. Thanks for this monthly challenge. smiley

edited May 2017
    FRAME DONE SIGN.jpg
    1024 x 1024 - 105K
    Post edited by Llola Lane on
    edited May 2017

ok Gang... I got my frame done.. whew... Thank goodness for "The Art of Hands" package.  I did a similar photograph for the monthly challenge with some friends.  Here's the link if you wanna see...

https://www.flickr.com/photos/25373291@N06/34682319522/in/dateposted-public/

BTW... all are welcome to join us... If you like photography as much as we do... why not join us?  :)

----------------------------

Now that FRAME is over.. I've been thinking about June's challenge... It's one that will have us all on EDGE!

EDGE of a cliff?  EDGE of a page?  EDGE of your seat?  EDGE of a blade? 

Ya git the idea????

Post edited by Llola Lane on
  • nattaruknattaruk Posts: 525

Here's my effort at 'Frame'

Framed Drummer; ... and on the drums, Edith De Ath, ...

This is great! The DOF really helps zero in on her eye.

nattaruk said:

Here's my effort at 'Frame'

Framed Drummer; ... and on the drums, Edith De Ath, ...

WOW  nattaruk.. that's just great!  Gotta love any artwork with red in it (my favorite color)  Thanks for sharing!

dawnblade said:

This is great! The DOF really helps zero in on her eye.

Thanks Dawnblade.. I'm glad you like it... :)

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147

looking good guys

• You all are so creative ! Very good month !

I hope this qualify. He is framing her face.

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147

boy you guys came up with some great ideas and renders

• deeleelaw57deeleelaw57 Posts: 1,478

Today I have seen three wonderful renders, a tender and loving moment, a well illuminated drumer, and a greeneyed peeping Thomasina. It dosn't get much better.