SITE UPDATES, ANNOUNCEMENTS, AND CUSTOMER SERVICE INFORMATION

Comments

• DAZ_bfurnerDAZ_bfurner Posts: 62
    edited December 1969

ssgbryan said:

Actually, what you do Ann is buy a support contract. DAZ was apparently too cheap to do so and are now reaping the "benefits" and cost savings.

Anything that isn't a core function of the company should be outsourced to people who have the skillsets to do the mission. Setting up a store SHOULD be a one shot deal - farm it out to people who are experts. It has been obvious that the people who handle the web development for DAZ do NOT have the skillsets to this. From what I have seen, there is a lot of that going around at DAZ.

This has cost the company a great deal of money.

"Strong & thriving?". Not when customers are at the frustration level they are at. Whatever good-will DAZ had with the customer base is rapidly swirling down the toilet. Before too long the only customers DAZ has will be the "true believers"

The continued absence of the "leadership" of the company isn't helping the situation.

To give some insight in the Magento implementation. We are actually using the Enterprise Edition of Magento. We are working with consultants who know Magento very well. The issues we are facing are specific to a store and business that is very different than any other Magento implementation. Our store has a great deal of complexity that has been difficult for the experts. Please know that we are making great strides in fixing issues daily. We will try to post the fixes publicly so you can be aware of the progress.

• DAZ_bfurnerDAZ_bfurner Posts: 62
    edited December 1969

s l f said:
    Does anybody know what is the latest status regarding the use of International Credit Cards? My current card expires at the end of this month and, as the store stands at the moment, I won't be able to switch over to a new one. [And I don't want to use PayPal].

I know it's still the first half of the month but I was wondering if I should put in a ticket to Zendesk it should probably be now to give it time to work its way up to the top before the end of the month. ;-)

Does anybody know if this is an issue that they do intend to address or will the use of credit cards be limited to the USA customer base only? I would just like to know, that's all.

SLF you can make changes to your Credit Card easily:
    * Select My Account (top right of the web site, when you are logged in)
    * At the left side of My Account, you will see a list of options, Choose "My Credit Card Profile"
    * Update your information there.

I hope this helps!

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

If, like me you are a resident in a non US country, do not doo anything with the field that asks for you to select a state,

Instead scroll down to the field that asks you to select a country. I selected UK, and the red star the disappered from beside the state field

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,063
    edited December 1969

GigaBeat said:
    I received email newsletter the Rawart products were on Sales however when I checked the Shop --> Sales & Promotion, the Rawart products on sales did not appear. Why?

BTW to all that notice my terrible spelling. Yes I agree, stupid me :red: BUT I blame the spell checker in Firefox for not picking it up.
    I have become so reliant on it that I don't think twice about which word I am using. So There, Their...or is that They're?
    http://quicksand.hubpages.com/hub/The-Future-Of-The-English-Language

A spellchecker will not help if the words you use are spelled correctly, but are the incorrect words for the task. I've made several rants about this. In a hundred years, the great works of literary art will be gibberish to most. Even now, I doubt some of these people who use txt-speak can really understand and enjoy a good book, unless it's made into a movie! And then, often much is lost to the editing room.

Dana

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,188
    edited June 2012

I know that the meaning of word between US and British are completely different. Some of the things they say we'd never be able to get away with here. It's actually quite funny. Word play has always been an issue and will be for many years to come.

Post edited by frank0314 on
    edited December 1969

Well, another newsletter, a freebie...aaaaannnnnnd...Download is currently unavailable! >:-(

Dana

• Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,331
    edited June 2012

DanaTA said:
    Well, another newsletter, a freebie...aaaaannnnnnd...Download is currently unavailable! >:-(

Dana

If it's a freebie, you could just try ordering it again. That worked for me the one time I ran into that problem on a freebie. Try clearing your cache and cookies first, because the new site seems to like it when you do that...
    Post edited by Scott Livingston on
  • frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,188
    edited December 1969

I just got it and downloaded it about an hour ago. I wonder whats up now. I know they were doing updates to the pages so it may just be repopulating.

edited December 1969

Frank0314 said:
    I know that the meaning of word between US and British are completely different. Some of the things they say we'd never be able to get away with here. It's actually quite funny. Word play has always been an issue and will be for many years to come.

Well, to say you're a wanker could at least be understood, and not an issue. But to say I'll see you over their...that's bad no matter what side of the pond we're on!

Dana

By the way, I was not saying that you are a wanker, Frank. It was just to make a point. :cheese:

edited December 1969

DanaTA said:

Dana

If it's a freebie, you could just try ordering it again. That worked for me the one time I ran into that problem on a freebie. Try clearing your cache and cookies first, because the new site seems to like it when you do that...

Well, the site will have to get over it. I have no intention of constantly clearing my cash. I shouldn't have to.

Dana

edited December 1969

Frank0314 said:
    I just got it and downloaded it about an hour ago. I wonder whats up now. I know they were doing updates to the pages so it may just be repopulating.

Perhaps they realized that it should not have been an exe, but rather a zip file! It's in my order history so I'll just try again if I hear that it's been fixed. :roll:

Dana

• namffuaknamffuak Posts: 4,040
    edited December 1969

DanaTA said:
    GigaBeat said:
    I received email newsletter the Rawart products were on Sales however when I checked the Shop --> Sales & Promotion, the Rawart products on sales did not appear. Why?

BTW to all that notice my terrible spelling. Yes I agree, stupid me :red: BUT I blame the spell checker in Firefox for not picking it up.
    I have become so reliant on it that I don't think twice about which word I am using. So There, Their...or is that They're?

A spellchecker will not help if the words you use are spelled correctly, but are the incorrect words for the task. I've made several rants about this. In a hundred years, the great works of literary art will be gibberish to most. Even now, I doubt some of these people who use txt-speak can really understand and enjoy a good book, unless it's made into a movie! And then, often much is lost to the editing room.

Dana

One of my old tag lines: "Putt knot yore faith inn spill chukkars."

• Kendall SearsKendall Sears Posts: 2,995
    edited December 1969

namffuak said:
    DanaTA said:
    GigaBeat said:

Dana

Especially this new breed that tries to guess what one is trying to say, and get's it wrong... *cough* iPhone *cough*

I'm waiting for the first lawsuit from the following:

Person 1: "Hey I get SIRI on my new Mac."

Person 2: "Really?"

Person 1: "Yes, it's really cool. Give it a try."

Person 2: "SIRI. R M space Minus F R space slash enter"

Person 1: "NOOOOOO!!!!!!"

Kendall

• GnotMeGnotMe Posts: 131
    edited June 2012

T Jaiman said:
    drdancm said:
    One example is all of the helpful advice accumulated over years in the old forum. I had links to some advice on how to get X, or Y, or Z work.
    Now I cannot access any of that. Even after I found that the old forum is archived, I can no longer run a search in the archived file and the links I saved in my e-mail are of no help. This is ABSOLUTELY INEXCUSABLE. It would have been very easy to leave the old forum in place perhaps locked against any new additions, but have the search function functional, and use a new address or whatever for the new one.

You can use your old links, if you use Firefox
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/1589
    If you don't use Firefox, you could run it at the same time as your default browser, by telling Firefox not to check if it's default. (Should work, anyway).

You'd have to paste the email link, instead of clicking, though (If Firefox isn't default).

And Google search works pretty well, on the archived forum, if you don't use site search.
    (Because Google's search results are in 4 different domain names: old name, forumarchive, DNS number, and a domain name I haven't seen before)..

I just google "Daz [search term] -torrent"

Gets a bunch of relevant hits, in with the inevitable trash.

Not as good as fixed, but I expect that will happen in our lifetimes. :blank:

I do use Firefox so I will load the "Redirector". Thanks, this should help a lot.

As for search, I gave up using Google search after getting only dead links when I did use it. But, apparently I gave up too soon. So, what you are saying is that Google search should show results for "forumarchive" which is what I want. Right?

Thanks,

Dan

Post edited by GnotMe on
    edited December 1969

namffuak said:
    DanaTA said:
    GigaBeat said:

Dana

Yes, I remember that! I always enjoyed seeing it!

Dana

edited December 1969

Especially this new breed that tries to guess what one is trying to say, and get's it wrong... *cough* iPhone *cough*

Kendall

I don't have an iPhone. I don't get the humor in that exchange, I guess it's an insider joke. :-S

Dana

edited December 1969

DanaTA said:

Kendall

I don't have an iPhone. I don't get the humor in that exchange, I guess it's an insider joke. :-S

Dana

That command will erase every file from a Mac or Linux if typed in the right place.

Kendall

edited December 1969

Oh, so it's like the PC's delete *.* :P

Dana

edited June 2012

DanaTA said:

Dana

Only that it flows down into EVERY directory (-r = recurse) and deletes without asking no matter what the file is or what the permissions are (-f = force). When done, the filesystem will be totally empty. On the PC the damage would be closer to "format C:"

Bang! Dead. :-)

Kendall

Post edited by Kendall Sears on
  • SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,972
    edited December 1969

I had done a fresh install of Linux. Fresh, fresh, fresh! I had finished importing all the stuff from the old system -- databases, user directories, etc. Messing around as root (warning: this is highly unwise), I then decided to delete some temporary directories I had set up to clear space, and make sure that everything was tidy for users to barge in.

One of the directories was a temp of /var, where mysql lurks.

Instead of typing /bin/rm -rf /root/tmp/var

...I typed /bin/rm -rf /var

...out of pure reflexive habit.

And hit enter.

Now, had it been the old system, it would have been slow going; I could have hit ctrl-c and a lot of damage could have been avoided, just a weebit of dent. What happened, however, was that this was a spankin' new fast computer, with a spankin' new fast HD, and as I pounded ctrl-c, it had managed to clean up everything in that tiny span of time.

I cursed, I wept, and then I had to reinstall again, because restoring that directory is not an easy feat to do...

edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    I had done a fresh install of Linux. Fresh, fresh, fresh! I had finished importing all the stuff from the old system -- databases, user directories, etc. Messing around as root (warning: this is highly unwise), I then decided to delete some temporary directories I had set up to clear space, and make sure that everything was tidy for users to barge in.

One of the directories was a temp of /var, where mysql lurks.

Instead of typing /bin/rm -rf /root/tmp/var

...I typed /bin/rm -rf /var

...out of pure reflexive habit.

And hit enter.

Now, had it been the old system, it would have been slow going; I could have hit ctrl-c and a lot of damage could have been avoided, just a weebit of dent. What happened, however, was that this was a spankin' new fast computer, with a spankin' new fast HD, and as I pounded ctrl-c, it had managed to clean up everything in that tiny span of time.

I cursed, I wept, and then I had to reinstall again, because restoring that directory is not an easy feat to do...

OUCH! :weep: The worst I ever did was mistype a 'dd' command. I needed to dump TO tape and by accident:

dd if=/dev/c0t0d0s2 of=/dev/c0t0d0s1 was typed. (For the nonUnix people, this will start writing at Block 0 Sector 0 of the hard drive and sequentially overwrite each Block and Sector, starting from the boot sector)

The tape library unit was at c0t0d1s1, c0t0d0s1 was the system area. Luckily for me we used SCSI and every area was separated on different SCSI devices. Production came to a screeching halt, but nothing but the OS needed restoring. :red:

Kendall

• ledheadledhead Posts: 1,586
    edited December 1969

DanaTA said:

Dana

Only that it flows down into EVERY directory (-r = recurse) and deletes without asking no matter what the file is or what the permissions are (-f = force). When done, the filesystem will be totally empty. On the PC the damage would be closer to "format C:"

Bang! Dead. :-)

Kendall

Or like the old DOS (not msdos) where it was "delete *.*" "are you sure "y". Goodbye yellow brick road. Every file would be erased.

• T JaimanT Jaiman Posts: 560
    edited June 2012

Del/f/s/q *.* is a little more epic. ;-)

Rmdir/s/q c:\ should really shake things up, on XP and 2000. (But I'm not going to test it.).

(Deltree is an alternative for other versions).

Huh, Linux has the same rmdir command, which removes empty directories, like on most Windows versions.

And rm (easier to type :P) is their nuke version.

Sigh... one of these days, I gotta get into Linux. There's some unique free apps I'm anxious to try.

Post edited by T Jaiman on
    edited December 1969

OK, the freebie is showing in the store with no promo thumbnail. This to me says there is something wrong with the product. My available Recent Order view shows this order as: processing_auth. What is there to process? It was free! I'll check back tomorrow to see if things are better. I tried a trick someone mentioned last week, and tried to reset the order...it couldn't, it said it was an invalid order number or something to that effect. At this point, I don't even want to try to put it in my cart again. Usually when something had a missing thumbnail on the catalog page, it meant there was something wrong.

Dana

• atryeuatryeu Posts: 612
    edited December 1969

I had the same problem with an order from a few days ago too :( I had the same "processing_auth" for the Status and the downloads were all showing up but said "Pending" instead of "Available". I had to write to tech support to get the problem fixed, (actually had to write twice because the first time they responded they sort of ignored that all issue and focused on another instead, until I replied back to open the ticket again... no reply but the problem seems to have been solved now).

edited December 1969

Well, OK, I opened a ticket. We'll see how that goes. They're so backed up. Good thing it's only a freebie!

Dana

edited December 1969

Yeah... good luck! I got the reply back the following morning, but after I mentioned the Order problem it took 2 days before I seen it was fixed.

edited December 1969

Two days isn't bad...some folks have been waiting a week or more for things to get attention.

Dana

edited December 1969

Yeah, it could have been much worse... The full ticket time was about 3 full days... I had written Friday afternoon, I heard back Saturday but they didn't say anything or solve the Order problem I brought up so I wrote back Saturday afternoon and it was fixed either last night or early this morning....

• T JaimanT Jaiman Posts: 560
    edited June 2012

Glad to hear support is clearing its backlog. :cheese:

DanaTA said:
    OK, the freebie is showing in the store with no promo thumbnail. This to me says there is something wrong with the product. My available Recent Order view shows this order as: processing_auth. What is there to process? It was free! I'll check back tomorrow to see if things are better. I tried a trick someone mentioned last week, and tried to reset the order...it couldn't, it said it was an invalid order number or something to that effect. At this point, I don't even want to try to put it in my cart again. Usually when something had a missing thumbnail on the catalog page, it meant there was something wrong.

Random stupid bugs, affecting people at random. :-S

I had none of those troubles, just now, buying the Fantasy Camp freebie, and the SDK freebie.

But, when I opened Fantasy Camp in a new tab, I got the "Not ____ ______?" .
    Yer supposed to clear the cache & Daz cookies for their fix to kick in. So I did...
    Rebooted and came back to a different name for the "Not... ?". Sigh...

Logged in, and tried opening tabs from the store again...

Every new tab showed a wrong total for my wishlist. (The store page showed the right number).

Fantasy Camp's main promo was missing, but it filled in (Firefox was still busy with some of my insane-number-of-tabs).

Refreshed the forum, and showed logged in --- but "You have posted 0 times".
    Went to my account, from there, and back... got my post count back.

So I guess the "Not... ?".isn't fixed, after all. There have been 2 or 3 other bugs which were fixed, but weren't, and fixed again - maybe.

Post edited by T Jaiman on