SITE UPDATES, ANNOUNCEMENTS, AND CUSTOMER SERVICE INFORMATION

Comments

• SassyWenchSassyWench Posts: 602
    edited December 1969

Interesting LOL I have no problems with "Not" but yes, the wishlist on every page is different and not mine! LOL Funniest part is that it's been working fine for about a week or so until now. The bugs must have just been playing dead! :) Dontcha hate it when that happens?
    Not bothered by it really... just a heads up.

• edited June 2012

Golly, today I get identified as "xxx" ! - yes yes, I know about deleting cookies, clearing history, etc. Just amazes me who I get identified as everytime I go to the DAZ site.

Post edited by fixmypcmike on
  • DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,060
    edited December 1969

T Jaiman said:
    Glad to hear support is clearing its backlog. :cheese:

Random stupid bugs, affecting people at random. :-S

I had none of those troubles, just now, buying the Fantasy Camp freebie, and the SDK freebie.

SDK freebie?

But, when I opened Fantasy Camp in a new tab, I got the "Not ____ ______?" .
    Yer supposed to clear the cache & Daz cookies for their fix to kick in. So I did...
    Rebooted and came back to a different name for the "Not... ?". Sigh...

Logged in, and tried opening tabs from the store again...

Every new tab showed a wrong total for my wishlist. (The store page showed the right number).

Fantasy Camp's main promo was missing, but it filled in (Firefox was still busy with some of my insane-number-of-tabs).

Refreshed the forum, and showed logged in --- but "You have posted 0 times".
    Went to my account, from there, and back... got my post count back.

So I guess the "Not... ?".isn't fixed, after all. There have been 2 or 3 other bugs which were fixed, but weren't, and fixed again - maybe.

I really have to wonder what they are using for the primary key on user accounts in the database. It should not be a name, it should be an ID number that is hidden from us and means nothing to us. With different wishlist item counts on different pages, I have to think that the wishlist is not correctly related to the user account. Same for the (not so-and-so) issue. What was the fix? Obviously it wasn't really a fix.

Today is the beginning of day 28 since Go Live! :cheese:

Dana

• s l fs l f Posts: 147
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    If, like me you are a resident in a non US country, do not doo anything with the field that asks for you to select a state,

Instead scroll down to the field that asks you to select a country. I selected UK, and the red star the disappered from beside the state field

Thanks for that info Chohole :-) My problem is that, even though I am not from the US, there is no Field that asks me to select a country anywhere on the page. My Billing address et al makes it very clear that I'm not from the US so I am perplexed as to why I am not being given the option to be a non-US citizen. [Not that there's anything wrong with being a US citizen - it's just that my credit card company would become a little cross with me. :ohh: ]

It's giving me a bit of a twitch I'm afraid.

• T JaimanT Jaiman Posts: 560
    edited June 2012

DanaTA said:
    T Jaiman said:

I had none of those troubles, just now, buying the Fantasy Camp freebie, and the SDK freebie.

SDK freebie?

Well, Release Candidate 2, anyway.
    http://www.daz3d.com/shop/daz-studio-4-5-sdk-release-candidate/

I'm not a programmer (yet?), just testing the store.

T Jaiman said:
    Every new tab showed a wrong total for my wishlist. (The store page showed the right number).

I guess the "Not... ?".isn't fixed, after all. There have been 2 or 3 other bugs which were fixed, but weren't, and fixed again - maybe.

I really have to wonder what they are using for the primary key on user accounts in the database. It should not be a name, it should be an ID number that is hidden from us and means nothing to us.

That would've been a good idea. I wonder if that would be more or less quickly do-able than the "Not...?" thing
    If they fix the wrong-name first, they should still probably do that, when they get a chance, in case of future bugs.

With different wishlist item counts on different pages, I have to think that the wishlist is not correctly related to the user account. Same for the (not so-and-so) issue. What was the fix? Obviously it wasn't really a fix.

Yeah, they announced a fix in that thread, last night. I just went back to the thread, and there were holes discovered.
    But it's supposed to be trickling through the system, or something.

Today is the beginning of day 28 since Go Live! :cheese:
    Dana Hard to look forward, when you're walking in circles, heh. :down:
    Post edited by T Jaiman on
  • beregarberegar Posts: 241
    edited June 2012

Aaand today I can't access "my account" at all. It keeps throwing me back to logon though the username and password are both correct and it actually shows me logged in. Actually can't even modify my cart either so I can't even buy anything.

I can't even check if prices are jumping as I suspect they are. For example I bought breaking waves and I suspect I paid more for it thant the price that is listed now ($5.56). However since I can't access my account I can't check my order history.

Also when I initially checked the cart I saw someone else's cart. It definitely was not mine and refreshing fixed that.

Post edited by beregar on
    edited December 1969

Can you log out? Maybe in another tab?

There was some advice on how to log off in some tab, or another, to cure that. Dunno where I saw that...

edited June 2012

Ok seems now it suddenly works again. I even tried clearing cookies and relogging in between and it didn't help, but not it works again. :-/

Also seems I paid correct price for breaking waves as well. I was wrong.

edited December 1969

T Jaiman said:

Yeah, they announced a fix in that thread, last night. I just went back to the thread, and there were holes discovered.

Well, I wish it would quit trickling down on us! (if you catch my meaning) ;-P

Dana

edited December 1969

I went through my recent orders and found a single iffy one:

Fantasy basic wear $6.69 --> I paid $5.98
    Fanasy basic wear for genesis $9.78 --> I paid $13.97
    Fantasy bath $10.61 --> I paid $13.27

That's the only recent one that is still within "discount" range as I haven't done that many purchases since the new site went live.

edited June 2012

Also are they going to rework the itemized order history back into the old format anytime soon? I can no longer easily export all orders with reset buttons into an excel sheet. I always used to do that so I could mark which products I've downloaded and installed. I'd reset the order directly from the excel sheet if it was not yet installed.

I can no longer do any of that which makes it hard to keep track on my items considering I've few thousand items on the list - and many of them are bundles in one form or another.

edited June 2012

Well, I haven't had an automatic logout for a long ol' time. Who gave water to the gremlins?

Had to hit when I tried to post. (Followed by the usual login failure error page, where I have to log out at the store, like I do with the login loop).

beregar said:
    Ok seems now it suddenly works again. I even tried clearing cookies and relogging in between and it didn't help, but not it works again. :-/

You told the mechanics that there was a noise... :smirk:

Also seems I paid correct price for breaking waves as well. I was wrong.

Just pretend it's been more than 30 days. That ought to make you feel better.

/bogus-advice-mode.
    edited June 2012

DanaTA said:
    T Jaiman said:

Well, I wish it would quit trickling down on us! (if you catch my meaning) ;-P

Dana

LOL!

This thing---> :snake: <---- should be a LOL, but it's just creepy. Is that, like, a vampire with it's top fangs removed, or wtf?</p>

Oh, it says "snake"... I guess without it's top fangs deployed? Yeesh.

• Consumer573Consumer573 Posts: 282
    edited June 2012

For what it's worth, Daz admins,
    When I click on a thumbnail on a product that looks interesting there's some information I expect to see immediately before I make a decision to look further.
    This is (in approximate order of importance):
    (1) is it applicable to the figure/figures I am considering using (V4, V3, M4, M3, A4,A3, SP3, Gn, etc)
    (2) Is it on sale? How much of a discount am I getting? Is it a platinum club item or just on sale?
    (2) What is the expected file size (what is the setback to my render times) (more important for characters and Hair products)
    (3) Who made it and can I click to their store to see if there are similar things?
    (4) Is it an accessory? If so, how to I get to the main item.
    Right now you're taking the whole page to basically tell me what I already know from the thumbnail. And instead of making my click to the product page immediately gratifying, you're taking up a ton of space with a "You might also Like this" line before I can get to anything useful.
    Heck, you haven't given me the information to see whether I like the product I came here for, now you're shoving new stuff in my face?

In order to find basic information, I have to scroll down past this ad line and then open up each of the tabs separately to piece together in mosaic form what should be stated up front.

One suggestion that should be relatively easy to code: Put the "You might also like this" bar BELOW the important product information and make it take up less space.

Post edited by Consumer573 on
  • ledheadledhead Posts: 1,586
    edited December 1969

When I click on a thumbnail on a product that looks interesting there's some information I expect to see immediately before I make a decision to look further.
    (1) is it applicable to the figure/figures I am considering using (V4, V3, M4, M3, A4,A3, SP3, Gn, etc)
    (2) Is it on sale? How much of a discount am I getting? Is it a platinum club item or just on sale?
    (2) What is the expected file size (what is the setback to my render times) (more important for characters and Hair products)
    (3) Who made it and can I click to their store to see if there are similar things?
    Right now you're taking the whole page to basically tell me what I already know from the thumbnail. And instead of making my click to the product page immediately gratifying, you're taking up a ton of space with a "You might also Like this" line before I can get to anything useful.
    Heck, you haven't given me the information to see whether I like the product I came here for, now you're shoving new stuff in my face?

In order to find basic information, I have to scroll down past this ad line and then open up each of the tabs separately to piece together in mosaic form what should be stated up front.

One suggestion that should be relatively easy to code: Put the "You might also like this" bar BELOW the important product information and make it take up less space.

I completely agree.

edited June 2012

Yes, all very important stuff here!

It's funny, it reminds me of a used car lot. You look at a car that you find interesting, and the salesman comes along before you can read the sticker info and says, "You don't want that car...here, let me show you something you might like better!" I don't like used car salesmen, stop trying to be like them!

Dana

Post edited by DanaTA on
  • LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,123
    edited June 2012

DanaTA said:
    It's funny, it reminds me of a used car lot. You look at a car that you find interesting, and the salesman comes along before you can read the sticker info and says, "You don't want that car...here, let me show you something you might like better!" I don't like used car salesmen, stop trying to be like them! ...

Yep, somebody with with a marketing degree needs to step in at DAZ. Or perhaps they did and that's the problem. :ohh:

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
  • SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

Okay, let's see the DAZ web-folks explain this one...

Before logging on tonight I accidentally hit the "Sales & Promotions" link instead of the "Store" link. The page I got didn't have a "Login" link at the top, it had a "Logout" link. Erm...?

I thought this had cleared up, but it's once again no longer certain just which links I'm going to see in the top corner of each page I open. Cart or Wishlist (never both at once — I think) are the most frequent absentees, but I also sometimes lose one of the others. I shudder to think what's happening on the DAZ servers...

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 95,997
    edited December 1969

Unless you actually click log out the site remembers you - the check box doesn't seem to do anything.

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

I did log out, last night after I was finished for the day, like I always do. Tonight, the page I have bookmarked came up with a "Login" link as it should, but the next page I clicked on (still before logging in) had a "Logout" link. This is what I meant in my previous post, there is some randomness in exactly which links I see up in that corner.

• atryeuatryeu Posts: 612
    edited December 1969

Unless you actually click log out the site remembers you - the check box doesn't seem to do anything.

Doesn't seem that way for me.... The forum at least keeps me logged in but the store logs me out every day. I NEVER click the Log Out, I prefer to stay logged in. The cookies & cache were cleared last week but it did not solve the problem. I'm still being logged out of the store, but not the forums. :(

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,166
    edited December 1969

I have the opposite problem. I keep getting logged out of the forum and not the store.

edited June 2012

It seems, from these last two posts, that perhaps the code for the site is run by a random number generator!

nRandomNum = getRandomNumber( )
    IF Wednesday AND nRandomNum > 999 Then
    ShowLoggedIn( )
    ELSE
    ShowLoggedOut()
    END

:lol:

Dana

Post edited by DanaTA on
  • edited December 1969

Logged in? Only on Tuesday, when the moon is full, in months ending in 'q'. *grins*

edited December 1969

To any staff reading these posts, can you please request the Shop links and such added back to the top of the forum pages? :(

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,586
    edited December 1969

atryeu said:
    To any staff reading these posts, can you please request the Shop links and such added back to the top of the forum pages? :(

It used to be there. I want it back. I liked the ability to easily go from one forum to a popular forum like commons or MO section.

edited December 1969

I liked it when there were there. I logged on one day and they were just gone. Very inconvenient. I would assume that they will bring them back.

edited December 1969

Same here. I don't visit the store now because I can't go through the homepage (it's not dialup friendly) to track down the links and my bookmarks need to be organized so there's no point bookmarking the store so it'll just get lost LoL It was also the easiest way to travel to the PC forum instead of going through the main link and scrolling around to find it :( I miss that drop down menu with the forums listings for quick navigation too :( I never use the index page -_-

edited December 1969

Since we have to read everything on the forum, we primarily use the post since last visit feature the most. They say they are going to do a bunch of updating to the forums once they get the store situated so we can only hope that it looks and feels more like the old one. It would probably make a lot of people happy.

• SassyWenchSassyWench Posts: 602
    edited December 1969

atryeu said:
    Same here. I don't visit the store now because I can't go through the homepage (it's not dialup friendly) to track down the links and my bookmarks need to be organized so there's no point bookmarking the store so it'll just get lost LoL It was also the easiest way to travel to the PC forum instead of going through the main link and scrolling around to find it :( I miss that drop down menu with the forums listings for quick navigation too :( I never use the index page -_-

Not the ideal solution, but for now you can click on "my account" on top in the forums and that will get you to the store from there.

Hope that helps a bit :)