SITE UPDATES, ANNOUNCEMENTS, AND CUSTOMER SERVICE INFORMATION

Comments

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

Okay, here's the ultimate showstopper:

I can't get into my cart page.

And the cart link's back.

Wasn't it a different colour last night...?

Whatever, I'm still not buying here until the store is stable; I don't trust it right now.
  • Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,331
    edited June 2012

Just to be clear, is this referring to monthly members whose issues are with losing membership etc? It's those specific issues that have been addressed here?

Monthly and annual members who's account were created and became members before the switch to Magento. So both annual and monthly.

Also this issue can be causing other issues besides your membership going away at random as it can effect seeing PC Discount Prices and 1.99 items properly etc as well.

Not sure how I fit into all this (and I'm assuming there are others in my position, or a similar one). I joined prior to the Magento switch, on a monthly basis. I'm not sure my membership ever "went away" although for a while the status was showing as "cancelled" in my account--I was still able to visit the Members Only forum and buy things at PC prices. Even after my membership officially lapsed I was still able to access the forum and was still seeing PC prices (I didn't try to buy anything at that time). Now I've renewed my monthly membership and everything related to the membership seems normal. There were times when PC prices went away; this seemed to be happening to everyone at once. I was not charged $1 in store credit, I did not receive a free month, and I didn't see anything unusual happen to my account today.

Posted not so much because I need answers, but in the hopes that this might be helpful to know about...(for example, that not everyone who joined prior to Magento was affected the same way, and that the disappearing PC prices aren't precisely linked with the disappearing membership).

Post edited by Scott Livingston on
  • frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,166
    edited December 1969

The only way I've been able to see PC price for any length of time is to clear browsing history, cookies, and cache. Once I did that then I saw the proper prices. The way I'm reading the info that was posted. They are doing it for all PC members from the old site. The only ones that don't need it done are the ones who purchased a PC membership on Magento. I may be misinterpreting it though.

• PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
    edited December 1969

I am seeing cancelled against my membership but it is also saying it expires 15/10/12. I can still see threads in the pc forum I haven't tried to buy anything yet though. So far I haven't seen my voucher for June. Who should I contact?

Thanks

Pen

• Proxima ShiningProxima Shining Posts: 969
    edited December 1969

Does anyone know when exactly is DAZ going to do this 1 dollar thing Ms. Creek wrote about? Or was it already done? Because I see no change in my account - I stil have nothing under My Subscriptions and I haven´t been charged this 1 dollar either. I have reported this issue weeks ago and I even got a confirmation e-mail, so DAZ must have me on the list of PC members with problems. I have no problems with PC membership other than this - I can see PC prices and I have access to Members Only forum. But it would be really nice if my PC membership would finally show up under My Subscriptions.

I am not sure what she meant with "if you miss any sales because of this, we will take care of that for you". I missed a lot of sales although I had no serious problems with my PC membership. I missed them because I had problems with the store in general - not able to log in, wrong prices, error pages, unable to put things in/out of the cart etc. I am surely only one of many customers who missed sales due to these reasons - but only those who had problems with PC membership will get an extra treatment?

• T JaimanT Jaiman Posts: 560
    edited December 1969

Okay, here's the ultimate showstopper:

I can't get into my cart page.

I don't know why it's been made a two-stage process to show the cart — click on "My Cart" to get the cute* little drop-down, scroll down to the bottom and click on the "open cart" link. Well, now that second link is gone and there is no way to click through onto my cart page. I was finally going to try buying stuff again this weekend. Not now; my lack of trust in the store has just reset.

Anyone else stuck like this?

* It isn't...

I had that same problem, last night.

But the My Cart link here, in the forum, takes me straight to the cart, without the stupid dropdown that the store gives me.

edited June 2012

Sorry if this was posted elsewhere; I haven't seen it reported. While the vast majority of $1.99 PC items are currently showing up correctly (at least for me), there are certain specific items that lack the $1.99 price even though they used to be PC items prior to the store change:

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/valiant-for-michael-4
    http://www.daz3d.com/shop/gorgon-hallway
    http://www.daz3d.com/shop/platinum-club-items/angelfish
    http://www.daz3d.com/shop/platinum-club-items/butterflyfish

(not sure if the two fish are supposed to be PC items, but they are showing up in the $1.99 category and have the "P" logo).

Also, shouldn't this tutorial be free--or was that a limited time offer?
    http://www.daz3d.com/shop/getting-started-with-daz-studio-4-and-genesis

And as I recall, this was supposed to be 90% off indefinitely:
    http://www.daz3d.com/shop/poke-away

Edited to add: these used to be free too; not sure if the sale was supposed to be ongoing, but I believe it was:
    http://www.daz3d.com/shop/dystopia-city-blocks-001-010-poser
    http://www.daz3d.com/shop/dystopia-city-blocks-011-020-poser
    http://www.daz3d.com/shop/dystopia-city-blocks-001-010-lwo
    http://www.daz3d.com/shop/dystopia-city-blocks-011-020-lwo
    http://www.daz3d.com/shop/dystopian-console-station

(If they make the city blocks free again, be sure to grab them! The Poser versions works in DS, and contain a versatile and high-quality skydome and water plane, plus the cityscape itself is good for contemporary, near-future/sci-fi, and superhero renders)

Post edited by Scott Livingston on
  • LEI1LEI1 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Sorry if this was posted elsewhere; I haven't seen it reported. While the vast majority of $1.99 PC items are currently showing up correctly (at least for me), there are certain specific items that lack the $1.99 price even though they used to be PC items prior to the store change:

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/valiant-for-michael-4
    http://www.daz3d.com/shop/gorgon-hallway
    http://www.daz3d.com/shop/platinum-club-items/angelfish
    http://www.daz3d.com/shop/platinum-club-items/butterflyfish

(not sure if the two fish are supposed to be PC items, but they are showing up in the $1.99 category and have the "P" logo).

Also, shouldn't this tutorial be free--or was that a limited time offer?
    http://www.daz3d.com/shop/getting-started-with-daz-studio-4-and-genesis

And as I recall, this was supposed to be 90% off indefinitely:
    http://www.daz3d.com/shop/poke-away

I've been waiting to buy those fish! Yes, they definitely are PC items … at least they were before the store change. If they're not anymore well, I'll just add that to my rapidly growing 'reasons why it's probably time to cancel' list :sigh:

• AethyrAethyr Posts: 91
    edited December 1969

Right, so I sent an email to the support @ daz address over two weeks ago, and filed a support request regarding the same issue under the proper system over a week back, and I've still not heard anything. I can appreciate you're having a lot of problems, what with the barely functional site and all, but this is pretty godawful customer service. Much as I like the products sold here, and have spent a vast amount of money in the past, I'm incredibly put off by this terrible new version of the site.

• GigabeatGigabeat Posts: 164
    edited December 1969

In My Account the Itemised Order History could use a search function such as at RuntimeDNA.
    It's really helpful when one (such as myself) has purchased many Daz products.
    Yes I spelt "Itemised" the English way. I refuse to kotow to the USA pigeon English.:-P

Untitled_1.jpg
    600 x 629 - 111K
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,563
    edited December 1969

GigaBeat said:

Yes I spelt "Itemised" the English way. I refuse to kotow to the USA pigeon English.:-P

You misspelled kowtow.

• edited December 1969

GigaBeat said:

You misspelled kowtow.

And 'pidgin'. It's not the birds that speak it.

• GreenleafCatGreenleafCat Posts: 56
    edited December 1969

Well the lovely support person Jared got to my ticket and fixed my wishlist, so it no longer crashes.
    That's good! Really!

But can I say the format of the wishlist is really really terrible? What's with the huge block wasted on a comment space and almost no room given the the text for the item name? Aside from the unusual sort order, which is useless...
    Sigh.

• gw3972gw3972 Posts: 50
    edited December 1969

Well the lovely support person Jared got to my ticket and fixed my wishlist, so it no longer crashes.
    That's good! Really!

But can I say the format of the wishlist is really really terrible? What's with the huge block wasted on a comment space and almost no room given the the text for the item name? Aside from the unusual sort order, which is useless...
    Sigh.

I have UI suggestions for the wishlist, but I'm waiting until things work before making them - I don't want to add to the fire!

However, it needs a major tweak as it doesn't do the job properly in terms of quickly finding an item and its price.

• MJ_VivianightMJ_Vivianight Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Possibly not the right thread, however:

Interesting thing noted (for me) regarding the Platinum Club Items store section.

Only two things come up as compatible with Genesis, and they are "Onyx for G. Male" and "Enticing Ladies".

Then I did a site search for Onyx and got the PC items "Onyx for G. Female" and "Green and Gold Onyx" as well. Double checking this, I went back to the PC section and saw just one item listed under Gothe. It was Onyx for G. Male.

Just a small quirk, not for the screaming "AHH!" list, still, thought I would pass it on to be noted for when those things are gotten around to.

Cheers.

• MarcuseMarcuse Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

That's good! Really!

Joined last week pleeeeze could I have an introduction to Jared as I so want to see the first file I've ever bought !!

• CypherFOXCypherFOX Posts: 3,401
    edited December 1969

Greetings,

That's good! Really!

Sigh.

On Firefox with Greasemonkey, or on any recent version of Chrome?

Try this: http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/133738

It doesn't fix everything, but it does clean up the wishlist page pretty nicely.

-- Morgan

• ozijonozijon Posts: 19
    edited December 1969

Whats with downloads pending I paid for a product yesterday
    and can't download it
    It's always been instant after payment
    And no help from support at all
    you have my cash and I have nothing bad business

"if it aint broke don't fix it"

2012-06-08_2304.png
    590 x 407 - 46K
  • edited December 1969

ozijon said:
    and can't download it

I have heard that going to your order history and resetting the downloads usually fixes this.

• ozijonozijon Posts: 19
    edited December 1969

ThinMick said:
    ozijon said:
    and can't download it

I have heard that going to your order history and resetting the downloads usually fixes this.

Thank you that worked great :)

• edited December 1969

Are DAZ clearing the backlog of Zendesk support requests? I have one still pending from 1st June. It wouild be good to get an indication of whether they are catching up or falling behind and some ETA on responses.

Overall, I'm not feeling very motivated to spend money in the store till my, and others', existing issues are resolved. I've been quietly cheering DAZ on to get things sorted, but am starting to lose patience now.

edited December 1969

markhendy said:
    Are DAZ clearing the backlog of Zendesk support requests? I have one still pending from 1st June. It wouild be good to get an indication of whether they are catching up or falling behind and some ETA on responses.

Overall, I'm not feeling very motivated to spend money in the store till my, and others', existing issues are resolved. I've been quietly cheering DAZ on to get things sorted, but am starting to lose patience now.

My ticket from 5/31 was resolved yesterday, so yes they are catching up and hopefully they'll get to yours Monday (assuming they aren't working over the weekend).

• edited December 1969

My ticket from 5/31 was resolved yesterday, so yes they are catching up and hopefully they'll get to yours Monday (assuming they aren't working over the weekend).

Cheers. I shall grit my teeth a little bit longer :D

• helgashelgas Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

ThinMick said:
    ozijon said:
    and can't download it

I saw your Post and quickly did a Reset for an order I placed a week ago. I got the following message:

Invalid Order ID or Downloads cannot be reset.

I did open a ticket a week ago but no word from DAZ yet. Had no problem with other resets. Only H4 Hovertank is hopelesly stuck.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,501
    edited December 1969

...not sure if this has been brought up before but I notice there is no deadline posted for products that are on sale.

Also, on the "My Account" page, clicking on a product name in an order summary used to link to the specific product page. It no longer does.

Are these something that just haven't been attended to yet or will no longer will be features of the new site?

• atryeuatryeu Posts: 612
    edited December 1969

I have the same problem with the "Pending" order and also found out my subscription says Expired now too :( I sent a support ticket but it probably won't even be looked at until Monday now :(

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,563
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...not sure if this has been brought up before but I notice there is no deadline posted for products that are on sale.

Also, on the "My Account" page, clicking on a product name in an order summary used to link to the specific product page. It no longer does.

Are these something that just haven't been attended to yet or will no longer will be features of the new site?

The sales deadline is definitely going to be added -- some of the recent sales have had a countdown clock at the top of the page. Not sure if they plan to add hyperlinks for the order summaries.

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,060
    edited December 1969

-- some of the recent sales have had a countdown clock at the top of the page. Not sure if they plan to add hyperlinks for the order summaries.

I hadn't even noticed that! I am guessing that a lot of people hadn't noticed it. It would have been good for us to have gotten an email indicating the presence of this feature. There's just no communication, except for the forum admins and mods trying their best. :long:

Dana

• 3dOutlaw3dOutlaw Posts: 2,470
    edited December 1969

Patience ran out, asked for a refund. :(

• edited December 1969

Yeah, I've been averaging at least one purchase a week from DAZ since I started, but haven't bought anything from here since the new store went up and I bought the Supersuit because I'm still waiting for one of those purchases to be downloadable! So there's another site I'm spending my money at now until DAZ sorts itself out/I get what I paid for.

3doutlaw said:

Patience ran out, asked for a refund. :(