SITE UPDATES, ANNOUNCEMENTS, AND CUSTOMER SERVICE INFORMATION

Comments

• LordHardDrivenLordHardDriven Posts: 937
    edited June 2012

Well from what I'm seeing, it appears others are having this problem too but I'll go ahaead and report what I'm seeing as well. Now if I were Daz I'd really pay serious attention to this problem and give it top priority as it has the potential to cause a serious loss of sales if it is something that happens to everyone. The problem being that when you click on the new releases link from the shop drop down box you don't see all the new releases. In the past with the old site one could always count on seeing all the new releases when they clicked the new releases option. With the new site what is showing as the newest release is more like a week old, making it seem as if Daz hasn't released any new files in a week. Now the way I usually did things in the past was to just check new releases and if there was anything new there I'd either buy it, save it to my wish list or ignore it if it was something I wasn't interested in. Then I'd move on. Now if one were to trust that the new releases is showing everything new they'd be inclined to assume there were none and just move on, which means a loss of sales if there were new releases the customer didn't see and they just assumed Daz hadn't released anything. I myself didn't even notice the problem until I saw references to new items I never saw in the new releases either in forum posts or in email newsletters (which I check much less frequently then coming to the Daz site and clicking on new releases.

Anyway what I've discovered now after trying to find these missing new releases is that if you click new releases and then click the option to sort by Studio supported items, then and only then do I see the new releases. Now unfortunately for me I haven't been able to buy much lately as I'm on a fixed disability income and the economy is such that I don't have enough money for things like food and medicine, let alone 3D models and textures for my 3D art hobby interests. If I did however have money there are at least a dozen items over the past week or so I would have bought if I saw them. Since however I didn't see the items for a week or so those sales wouldn't have happened for at least a week and if I hadn't figured out how to find them those sales might never have happened. I seriously doubt that Daz is so well off they can afford to lose all the sales this glitch could cost. As such I encourage Daz to fix the new releases option so that it shows all new releases without having to click any sort options after clicking the new releases option.

Post edited by LordHardDriven on
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,563
    edited December 1969

It seems that there's a problem with the Cache Manager serving cached pages. Anything that forces a refresh (Ctrl-F5 in most browsers, or using a filter, or changing sort order or items per page, or going to the next page and back) forces a true up-to-date page.

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

Ledhead said:
    I do not understand why the store continues to operate as though nothing is wrong with it. I have purchased items with no problem, but the shopping experience is frustrating and am I paying the correct price, I have no idea.

Agreed — this is why I haven't bought anything except the weekly freebies since filing my so-far-unanswred support ticket on June 1st. I just don't trust the prices, but sales and mystery sale expiries are chugging along as if nothing was wrong. I mentioned in my support ticket I intended to buy certain new items. Will these items go off sale while I'm waiting? I have no way of knowing. If they do, I will be very displeased.
  • Fairly99Fairly99 Posts: 4
    edited December 1969

+1 SpottedKitty

I just called CS and returned two orders, as I was charged full-price and sales tax for most of the items. I sent an email early on regarding this but it required two phone calls to have it resolved (I was told on the first call last week that with ZenDesk up the old emails were now being, quote-or-practically-a-quote, somewhat ignored). When I asked if sale/PC pricing would be extended after the store was operational, I did not get an answer.

The item we discussed specifically before I decided to just return everything was M5 Corsair, for which I was charged $24.95. When I asked if the pricing would be corrected/extended once the store was functional, I was told that the sale had since expired and that $24.95 is the new price. It's a vendor item so it's not 100% in their hands, which I understand. I'm sure they would have adjusted it... but I didn't want to waste everyone's time by going through dozens of items over the phone so I just sent it all back. C'est la vie. I can't download anything anyway! Why did I choose May to purge the runtime?

This is all to say that strangely there doesn't seem to be a lot of information regarding what will happen with the pricing, unless I have missed it somewhere; just a lot of generic although no doubt honest promises to attempt to make it right in the future. It would be nice to see some specifics. I am more interested in reassurance than freebies or coupons. There are some interesting items in the store right now and my CC is atrophying through disuse, but I have no great desire to add to the CS-ticket backlog should there be a problem.

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,942
    edited December 1969

It seems that there's a problem with the Cache Manager serving cached pages. Anything that forces a refresh (Ctrl-F5 in most browsers, or using a filter, or changing sort order or items per page, or going to the next page and back) forces a true up-to-date page.

Whilst that MAY be an up-to-date page experience has shown me that it is VERY likely NOT an up-to-date page that has anything to do with me - prices change, wishlist numbers change. It's just yet another pseudo-random page served from the server-side cache.
  • Fairly99Fairly99 Posts: 4
    edited December 1969

SimonJM said:

Whilst that MAY be an up-to-date page experience has shown me that it is VERY likely NOT an up-to-date page that has anything to do with me - prices change, wishlist numbers change. It's just yet another pseudo-random page served from the server-side cache.

Yes. A rather extreme experiment: new PC, fresh installation of firefox upon new PC, upon first login here a name that is not mine.

• AlexLOAlexLO Posts: 193
    edited June 2012

I've just completed a purchase of items, and on top of the shopping cart not clearing, and taking me back to the checkout a 2nd time after accepting payment & completing my order (I didn't proceed with a 2nd proceed to checkout click), I cannot get to my downloadable items to download the items purchased >:( It's stuck in the login/verify account loop and it doesn't matter what browser I use (Safari, FF13, Chrome, IE), or that all cookies have been cleared. I still cannot get to my purchases. And I am not xxx (the names that frequently pop up in the top users section right now.)

I cannot file a help request, again, because I can't log in. I hope this is resolved because it's getting to be a tiring exercise.

Post edited by fixmypcmike on
  • DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,060
    edited June 2012

Alex L said:
    I've just completed a purchase of items, and on top of the shopping cart not clearing, and taking me back to the checkout a 2nd time after accepting payment & completing my order (I didn't proceed with a 2nd proceed to checkout click), I cannot get to my downloadable items to download the items purchased >:( It's stuck in the login/verify account loop and it doesn't matter what browser I use (Safari, FF13, Chrome, IE), or that all cookies have been cleared. I still cannot get to my purchases. And I am not xxx (the names that frequently pop up in the top users section right now.)

I cannot file a help request, again, because I can't log in. I hope this is resolved because it's getting to be a tiring exercise.

Try this...
    On the checkout page, find the menu at top that says My Account...right-click and choose open in new tab/window. In there, log out! Then log in again. Then go to your available downloads. The stuff may be in there. Just close the tab/window that the checkout is in, grab your stuff, and run! :lol:

Don't buy anything else until the store is fixed! It's just getting too silly now. How can anyone feel secure in such an environment? I took my chances on the freebie...but that's it! Nothing for money until it's fixed.

Dana

• AlexLOAlexLO Posts: 193
    edited June 2012

DanaTA said:
    Alex L said:

Try this...
    On the checkout page, find the menu at top that says My Account...right-click and choose open in new tab/window. In there, log out! Then log in again. Then go to your available downloads. The stuff may be in there. Just close the tab/window that the checkout is in, grab your stuff, and run! :lol:

Don't buy anything else until the store is fixed! It's just getting too silly now. How can anyone feel secure in such an environment? I took my chances on the freebie...but that's it! Nothing for money until it's fixed.

Dana

Thanks Dana, opening in a new tab actually took me to my account, no logout needed. Downloading now. Thanks for the tip. I hope they get this resolved soon. I know of a few great products on the pipeline from a couple of bigger vendors here, but I wouldn't feel comfortable as a PA trying to push something new if my customers can't get it. Fingers crossed that things stabilize ASAP.

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,060
    edited December 1969

Alex L said:

Thanks Dana, opening in a new tab actually took me to my account, no logout needed. Downloading now. Thanks for the tip. I hope they get this resolved soon. I know of a few great products on the pipeline from a couple of bigger vendors here, but I wouldn't feel comfortable as a PA trying to push something new if my customers can't get it. Fingers crossed that things stabilize ASAP.

You're welcome! Glad to have helped someone!

Dana

• edited December 1969

I have to say what's really annoying me is having bought the Supersuit Belt and Boots when it came out and the Mac installer still hasn't been fixed so that I haven't been able to download the product...! I realise this is a new site and a period of teething is to be expected, but I would have thought that if a bug is reported on a product which I have parted with my hard-earned cash for, regardless of whether it was $1.99 or $199, DAZ should be treating that as a priority and releasing an update to that product to address my issue. Why would I buy anything else until a product I have already purchased is working?

• DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 2,882
    edited December 1969

Four new DAZ O's were released this morning. I'm not great at math, but I'm good enough to know that the base items just have 30% off... my PC discount, I'm guessing, and the textures are somewhat more than that (My PC discount+ something). I'm fairly certain that they said at some point that Genesis items weren't going to have an intro sale... something they went back on for a while after a hue and cry. So are we back to that now? and if so, why is the DM set not on sale? Or is it, and my PC discount isn't applying? I can't tell.

With the product pages not showing how much the sale is (if any) it's really difficult to tell if these items are simply not on sale, or if they should be on sale and something is wrong. I realize that prices showing less than they should be with the stated percentage used to confuse people new to the PC, but I really think not showing us the sale percentage is worse, because I don't know if the prices are right or not, and I, like many others, am not buying until I'm sure the pricing issue is settled.

Support has enough to do without a ton of returns, so I'd rather not make the purchase in the first place.

• LEI1LEI1 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Four new DAZ O's were released this morning. I'm not great at math, but I'm good enough to know that the base items just have 30% off... my PC discount, I'm guessing, and the textures are somewhat more than that (My PC discount+ something). I'm fairly certain that they said at some point that Genesis items weren't going to have an intro sale... something they went back on for a while after a hue and cry. So are we back to that now? and if so, why is the DM set not on sale? Or is it, and my PC discount isn't applying? I can't tell.

With the product pages not showing how much the sale is (if any) it's really difficult to tell if these items are simply not on sale, or if they should be on sale and something is wrong. I realize that prices showing less than they should be with the stated percentage used to confuse people new to the PC, but I really think not showing us the sale percentage is worse, because I don't know if the prices are right or not, and I, like many others, am not buying until I'm sure the pricing issue is settled.

Support has enough to do without a ton of returns, so I'd rather not make the purchase in the first place.

Well I'm not sure about the intro sale promise since I wasn't around the old forums much - and I'm assuming that's where it was said, Daz seems to like keeping all the most important tidbits tucked away where most of us don't look! But that aside, the newsletter I got this morning quite clearly says there's an intro sale on all of those items. However like you when I go to the product pages all I see is my PC discount.

Seriously this new store is extraordinary … in the most undesirable ways.

Screen_Shot_2012-06-07_at_12.18_.41_PM_.png
    600 x 489 - 514K
  • helgashelgas Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

DanaTA said:
    Alex L said:

You're welcome! Glad to have helped someone!

Dana

I have the dowload problem as well. Followed your instructions but luck is not with me. My order still shows processing-auth. I know it is a free item but it also teaches me a lesson. I will not buy anything from the DAZ store that requires money changing hands until I am 100% sure the store can handle at least a simple transaction.

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,166
    edited June 2012

This problem don't seem to be affecting everybody. I know I downloaded it just fine. In fact I havn't had a single problem with checking out or downloading the items. But some of the other mods did. Contact CS to get it pushed through.

Post edited by frank0314 on
  • PennamePenname Posts: 343
    edited December 1969

I've tried all the tricks on the free item too and it's stuck in pending/processing/auth, whereas a friend downloaded his with no problem. I don't want to tie up funds either so items are going in my wishlist for now, hoping some prices will be held over . . . sigh

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,166
    edited December 1969

They did say some things were going to go back on sale once the coupon issue is sorted out.

• edited December 1969

I sent ticket week ago and still no response... I am starting to worry. Should I send another same ticke or just wait?

• edited December 1969

Is customer service working? I sent ticket week ago and still no response.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 95,997
    edited December 1969

Yes. What was the ticket about? Some issues may take longer to resolve than others.

• edited December 1969

I want to return item and get refund.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

@ jsma2012 I have moved the conversation with you to it's own thread, Here

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/1625/#18273

• DAZ_ann0314DAZ_ann0314 Posts: 2,783
    edited June 2012

I have updated my first post but am also posting this here as well:

All Those Having PC Membership Issues, Please Read:

From Britney Creek:

For all paying PC Membership previous to Magento, you have seen numerous errors with your PC Membership. We have found a resolution for these issues.

You will see an order for your Membership being charged $1 of store credit that you did not make. This is correct. DAZ issued $1 to your account and made an order for your Membership again for you. Once this has been done, you will no longer see any issues with your PC Membership. If until this has been done to your account, you miss any sales, please let us know, we will take care of that for you.

Thank you for your patience.

Post edited by DAZ_ann0314 on
  • lithomantislithomantis Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Just to be clear, is this referring to monthly members whose issues are with losing membership etc? It's those specific issues that have been addressed here?

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 95,997
    edited December 1969

I'm not sure whether it's just monthly or also annual, but yes it's the issue of repeatedly losing membership that's being addressed.

edited December 1969

Thanks. It's just that there are so many issues with PC membership at the moment that specificity is important.

• helgashelgas Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Frank0314 said:
    This problem don't seem to be affecting everybody. I know I downloaded it just fine. In fact I havn't had a single problem with checking out or downloading the items. But some of the other mods did. Contact CS to get it pushed through.

I have done that even before I posted. Hope I will get a reply soon.

How about fixing the problem and making downloads available to all customers? The guys must have at least some clue where the problem may be hiding? Maybe the left hand could ask the right hand?

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

Okay, here's the ultimate showstopper:

I can't get into my cart page.

I don't know why it's been made a two-stage process to show the cart — click on "My Cart" to get the cute* little drop-down, scroll down to the bottom and click on the "open cart" link. Well, now that second link is gone and there is no way to click through onto my cart page. I was finally going to try buying stuff again this weekend. Not now; my lack of trust in the store has just reset.

Anyone else stuck like this?

* It isn't...

• DAZ_ann0314DAZ_ann0314 Posts: 2,783
    edited December 1969

Just to be clear, is this referring to monthly members whose issues are with losing membership etc? It's those specific issues that have been addressed here?

Monthly and annual members who's account were created and became members before the switch to Magento. So both annual and monthly.

Also this issue can be causing other issues besides your membership going away at random as it can effect seeing PC Discount Prices and 1.99 items properly etc as well.

edited December 1969

Thanks, DAZ_ann0314. Good to know.