Babes on a Budget

Comments

• Well, the Pro version does do Genesis 3 Female and Male-but as you said, that price is prohibitive to a lot of customers picking it up right away.  I may play with it myself, the demo version, and see what can be done with it as well.  I like what you have here.

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,276

Well, the Pro version does do Genesis 3 Female and Male-but as you said, that price is prohibitive to a lot of customers picking it up right away.  I may play with it myself, the demo version, and see what can be done with it as well.  I like what you have here.

I think you should consider it if you can use as a merchant resource. I've heard a couple people say that you can use it as a merchant resource, but I haven't look into it to varify that. If you CAN, that would save a LOT of time and work for people who create characters for the Daz store. I think it would save you a lot of time and work if it's able to be used as a merchant resource. You'd still have to do quite a bit of work to make the characters store quality, but I have no doubt it would definitely cut down on some of the time that it takes to create the characters.  

• There's a lot of things that would depend on that, but you have the idea.  If it is something that could be worked into the work flow in a reasonble amount of time to learn and how long it takes per character, it may be an option.  We'll see!  XD  

edited June 2017

Post edited by 3Diva on
    edited March 2017

Bought the Delilah shape from Adam Thwaites - love it! :D

I coupled the shape with Gwennili's HD details.

Adam did a great job. I think she's lovely. :) 

Environment is Pool Deck Exterior. The water was shaded with Will's procedural shaders (the Wavy Green Sea one). 

Post edited by 3Diva on

I actually managed to get kind of a cool looking guy with Cross-Figure. 

I scored SimTenero Randomizer for under $6. It was in fast grab and I got it down even further with the March Madness "Bonus Buyer" banner. Yay! I've been wanting it for ages, so I'm really happy to finally get it! :D

I'm very happy with my first Randomized character!

It's an awesome product! I'm going to have so much fun making characters with it.

I've been sick lately, but feel almost completely recovered, thanks to some rest and relaxation - and vegging out with some fun cheesy 80's movies! Yay! :) 

I think this render pretty accurately portrays how I'm feeling today. Rested and relaxed. :)

• TabascoJackTabascoJack Posts: 865

Looks great, Diva!

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Nice!

• DarwinsMishapDarwinsMishap Posts: 4,071

Lovely render

@TabascoJack @Ice Dragon Art @DarwinsMishap Thank you guys! :D Your feedback means a lot to me!

edited March 2017

Another "this is me today" render.

Lots of reflection and thought today. And more than a little bit worry. 

Post edited by 3Diva on

This one I call "Raider's Rest". 

I did quite a bit of post-work on this one. If anyone is interested in seeing the original to see what I did, let me know. :)

edited March 2017

This one was just a nod to the warmer weather today. It's feeling a little like spring here - so summer is likely right around the corner. :) 

Post edited by 3Diva on
  • algovincianalgovincian Posts: 2,562

This one was just a nod to the warmer weather today. It's feeling a little like spring here - so summer is likely right around the corner. :) 

Pose looks great, skin looks natural, and the shadows cast by the way you lit the scene work very well, Diva. We've had a few unusually warm days here lately (New Hampshire) - looking forward to spring, too!

- Greg

• TabascoJackTabascoJack Posts: 865

Lovely!

• KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191

Very beautifully done, Diva!  :)

• deathbycanondeathbycanon Posts: 1,227

Love the play of the shadows in that last one

Pose looks great, skin looks natural, and the shadows cast by the way you lit the scene work very well, Diva. We've had a few unusually warm days here lately (New Hampshire) - looking forward to spring, too!

- Greg

Thank you, Greg. :)  I really like how that character came out. I actually dialed in a bit of one of my "toon" characters. lol 

The weather here has been odd too. We went from having to have the heat on two days ago to having to turn the air conditioning on cool today as it got over 85 in here today. Very weird weather. 

Thank you for the lovely comment! It's awesome that you noticed those details! :D

edited March 2017

Lovely!

Thanks, Jack! :) I appreciate you stopping by and commenting, @TabascoJack! *hugs*

Very beautifully done, Diva!  :)

Thank you, @Knittingmommy ! This character is one of the ones that you helped me do - as you helped me figure out how to use GenX2! heheh :D Thank you again for your help! 

Love the play of the shadows in that last one

Thanks, @deathbycanon! I really love Iray and all the lighting possibilities. It's really fun experimenting with light and shadows. :) Thank you for the sweet comment! 

Post edited by 3Diva on

Beautiful!  Love the raider one in particular.  Wish it warm up again here.  Was in the 50's two days ago, snow on the ground today.   Ugh!

Beautiful!  Love the raider one in particular.  Wish it warm up again here.  Was in the 50's two days ago, snow on the ground today.   Ugh!

Careful what you wish for - once Summer is in full force you'll probably be wishing for the cooler weather again. :P Or maybe that's just me, I'm such a polar bear.

Thank you for the lovely comment! <3

Brought out the ol' Millennium Environment for this one. 

It's a little bit rough/low definition - but with a depth of field camera it still works ok for some outdoor shots. :)

I got Aiko 3 a couple months ago DIRT CHEAP - I think she came with a bundle for under $2. I finally got around to rendering her. And Wow, she's pretty cute! She had some odd folding/kinking in her joints, but when I converted her to Sub D, cranked that up to 3, and added a smoothing modifier her joints looked much better! 

I think she actually holds up pretty well, considering her age. :)  It's too bad I don't really have anything for her. I have like 3 outfits for her. I might have to look into seeing if I can find some A3 freebies. :)

Actually, it would probably be less of a hastle to see if I can find an Aiko 3 shape for G3F. Since I have a lot more stuff for G3F.

Careful what you wish for - once Summer is in full force you'll probably be wishing for the cooler weather again. :P Or maybe that's just me, I'm such a polar bear.

I'm definitely a summer baby lol.  Although the older I get the less the cold bothers me.

I just picked her up a couple weeks ago as well.  Go check out Llynara's thread she just posted a ton of links to freebies for A3 and V3 which I intend to take full advantage of. 

I'm definitely a summer baby lol.  Although the older I get the less the cold bothers me.

I just picked her up a couple weeks ago as well.  Go check out Llynara's thread she just posted a ton of links to freebies for A3 and V3 which I intend to take full advantage of. 

Oh thank you! I always feel a little lost in her thread, it moves so fast! lol I'll see if I can go find them though. :)

Thanks, Sonja!

edited March 2017

Last page or second to last page I think. last page half way down.  You are welcome!

Post edited by IceDragonArt on

Last page or second to last page I think. last page half way down.  You are welcome!

Oh thank you! I was actually reading that as "Novica's" instead of Llynara's for some reason. It's Novica's thread that I get lost in. lol I love her thread but it definitely moves FAST. haha :) Thanks again! I'm off to go get some V3 freebies! Yay!