Genevieve 7

3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,276

She's pretty! To me, she seems to be quite mature. What do you guys think?

Comments

• That face is spectacular. She's lovely in a way that the bug eyed teen creatures are not so much IMHO. It's a remarkable face that isn't easy to capture in a few simple dial spins. Very intriguing.

• JackFosterJackFoster Posts: 143
    edited January 2017

To me, she looks just like a famous actress whose name I can't recall right now... Now it's gonna bug me.

Edit: Wait, is it Uma Thurman? Maybe someone else mixed with her.

Post edited by JackFoster on
  • dreamfarmerdreamfarmer Posts: 2,128

Meryl Streep and Uma Thurman!

• lx_2807502lx_2807502 Posts: 2,996

I'm not really into the mature face personally, but the body means we finally have a supermodel or even just slim build figure! She looks as though she should considerably change up realistic shapes which is great.

Really interested to see if she comes with a companion later in the month.

• Meryl Streep is rather more thick. Her face reminds me of Allison Janney in some shots.

I really only want the base figure and the hairs, as nice as the other bits are...

• dreamfarmerdreamfarmer Posts: 2,128

Aren't Arabella and Eva also pretty thin?

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,745
    edited January 2017

Her face has a lot of character... a very strong resemblende to a young Kate Mulgrew (best known as Captain Janeway on Star Trek Voyager) but this is closer to how she looked on Cheers.  However, once again I'm mystified as to the contents of her bundles.  Actually, the space and soldier outfits we've seen dropped out as DOs over the last few few days would seem to have been a better match for this character.

Post edited by Cybersox on

Aren't Arabella and Eva also pretty thin?

Eva basically has the same body shape as Victoria. Arabella is gaunt in some places, ie very thin waist big hips largeish in comparison thighs. Genevieve appears to have a much more evenly thin shape from what I can see?

i.e. slim thighs and not extreme waist or anything, like slim people actually look like, instead of tiny waist but keeping giant thighs and breasts for no apparent reason.

• Yeah, there's gotta be a good bit of Uma Thurman in there...

0110-genevieve-7-a-fix2.jpg
    500 x 389 - 46K
    uma-thurman-3.jpg
    900 x 750 - 103K
  • HavosHavos Posts: 5,294

Definitely a different look, her face looks sort of French to me, which I assume is why she has a French name. I am assuming that the term "Strong Woman" is more about her personality than any physical strength, the sort of woman that is CEO of a large company, or something like that.

Odd that the two characters that come with her have a completely separate vibe, and are more the low twenties models that are the standard fair in the DAZ world.

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479

The left-most banner image reminds me of Angelica Houston. The top image on the sales page reminds me of Allison Janney. The other images don't really remind me of any one...

She's awfully thin, although the mix with Olympia looked good.

• Hmm... I can definitely see Angelica Houston, now that you mention it.

79987664.jpg
    1024 x 1024 - 368K
  • JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,246

Another "character actress" type. Good looking, but not necessarily the leading lady. They are certainly getting better at producing less interchangable faces. Still layerng on the gawd-awful unbelievable makeup bit though. I'm not crazy about the eyebrows, either, but those are no longer something that one absolutely has to live with, due to some of the recent add-ons (or take-offs).

To me, she's ticking a lot of the traditional checkboxes for Stephanie. Shorter than Victoria, check. Thinner than Victoria, check. Not as genericly "beautiful" as Victoria, check. Somewhat more of a "real person" than Victoria, check. The main one she doesn't check is younger than Victoria. But several of the more recent releases have been older than we're used to seeing. Or, older than their previous iterations, anyway.

Dislike both hairs. Not crazy about the outfits -- although one does have some useful pieces and another is intersting, if odd. None of it looks like it was specifically designed with this character in mind.

• ToyenToyen Posts: 1,860

She's gorgeous! ♥ Very well done Daz : )

• HorusRaHorusRa Posts: 1,662
    edited March 2019

Post edited by HorusRa on
  • jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281

LOVE her face!! Can't wait to see renders of her. Luckily, today was payday MWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! laugh

Tossing up whether to just get her and the SWAM hair....o the starter pack. 

The Moto Girl Outfit intrigues me too - that jacket looks cool. 

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479
    JOdel said:

Dislike both hairs. Not crazy about the outfits -- although one does have some useful pieces and another is intersting, if odd. None of it looks like it was specifically designed with this character in mind.

I have to agree. I think with the monthly releases of new figures, both male and female most months, it's probably more difficult to put together bundles with a specific character in mind. Too bad. I wouldn't mind a pro bundle for a mature woman, with age-appropriate hair and clothing. Of course, I prefer contemporary. For Fantasy and SciFi, age-appropriate is whatever the artist deems it to be.
    laugh

• Definitely the eyes of Eva Green!

Dare I say it

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,276

To me, the one hair definitely seems to be designed for her. It's the classic straight bangs and shoulder length hair of Anjelica Huston.

Dare I say it

I've never seen Eva Green before, but after looking her up, her nose and her jawline actually look pretty spot on.

Dare I say it

Just wanted to post that. She's chanelling Eva Green for sure, and not just in her eyes.

• Somebody post some pics of her to get a comparison !

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,276

Somebody post some pics of her to get a comparison !

• She's bitchen. I love her. Lauren Bacall and Katherine Hepburn type.
    Annex - Bacall, Lauren_01.jpg
    1858 x 2391 - 1M
    Annex - Bacall, Lauren_05.jpg
    1757 x 2200 - 705K
    220px-Katharine_hepburn_woman_of_the_year_cropped.jpg
    220 x 317 - 22K
    0bbc22a00fcc7a3b9fd861d027bdcf99.jpg
    300 x 300 - 29K
  • RCDescheneRCDeschene Posts: 2,799
    edited January 2017
    JOdel said:

To me, she's ticking a lot of the traditional checkboxes for Stephanie. Shorter than Victoria, check. Thinner than Victoria, check. Not as genericly "beautiful" as Victoria, check. Somewhat more of a "real person" than Victoria, check. The main one she doesn't check is younger than Victoria. But several of the more recent releases have been older than we're used to seeing. Or, older than their previous iterations, anyway.

HorusRa said:
    Ninive meets arabella, meets...? Nothing special enough for me to even think about. 

Yep, that's what I'm getting here. Clearly the new Ninive, but this time from modern day France as opposed to middle ages England (and Arabella's older sister, apparently). She also does check-off just about 80+% of the Stephanie quota, but I'm still not sure that Stephanie is out of the picture just yet unless someone can show me Daz-confirmed evidence otherwise.

Though, if she's being released this week, it hints to me that she might be getting a male partner on the 24th...

Post edited by RCDeschene on
  • Somebody post some pics of her to get a comparison !

smiley

Save

• TimmothTimmoth Posts: 108

Genevieve is nice and all, but I have to say I was disappointed at first sight - only because of the words strong and daunting making me think of someone with a lot more muscle... which this is kind of the opposite.

Timmoth said:

Genevieve is nice and all, but I have to say I was disappointed at first sight - only because of the words strong and daunting making me think of someone with a lot more muscle... which this is kind of the opposite.

I found the marketing kind of weird too. I like Genevieve, but the whole strong woman rawr thing seems more like it'd fit the 3-4 musclewomen we already have better.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    Timmoth said:

I used to be described as a strong character when I was younger.  I am 5 foot tall and was then a UK size 10, ie slim, weighed around 7½  max   (that's 105 pounds to the Americans).  My size and shape didn't stop me becoming a Contract Manager running a million pound a year contract and having the right of hire and fire of up to 80 staff, depending on time of year.

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,942

To me, she looks just like a famous actress whose name I can't recall right now... Now it's gonna bug me.

Edit: Wait, is it Uma Thurman? Maybe someone else mixed with her.

My initial thiought was Angekina Jolie