Genevieve 7

Comments

• ALLIEKATBLUEALLIEKATBLUE Posts: 2,960

I think she is an interesting character by herself and can't wait to mix her with others to get some unusual results.  Love the beautiful blondes as well. Love mixing them with Monique. Genevieve does add something lithe and angular to the gene pool.  Here is a quickie render of Neive with Monique.

GeneMoni.png
    735 x 882 - 695K
  • ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,827

V4 Party Goer? Was that the Paris Hilton lookalike that seems to have disappeared? I have that if it is, LOL., and it looks totally different with Anagenesis! Creative combo! But personally I'm not into shaved heads (on women or men! I like lotsa hair!!!) But it comes with the bundle so I can practice my hairpainting on it... Nice render. That would have taken me like 10 hours on CPU. Grrrr...

Thanks. It is PARTY-GOER for V4.2 by odnajdy from Renderosity. I have just checked and it is still there.

That bigger render took around 1 hour 20 minutes to complete on GTX 1080.

• jakiblue said:

I really like htat Nydo hair! I just wish there was some way of getting rid of the few long "flyaways" at hte front and sides. 

Have you tried using the Geometry Editor tool to assign them to a new Surface group and then set them transparent?

Artini said:

Below is an iray render of the mix of shapes: Genevieve 75%, Gia7 25%, Eva 7HD Details 100%

Skin is from V4.2 (Party Goer) treated with N.G.S. Anagenessis 2 - Revolution and applied to G3F with Cayman studios converter.

These are amazing.  

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,686

I think she is an interesting character by herself and can't wait to mix her with others to get some unusual results.  Love the beautiful blondes as well. Love mixing them with Monique. Genevieve does add something lithe and angular to the gene pool.  Here is a quickie render of Neive with Monique.

Thank you so very much! That is a striking mixture.

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281

Um no. I haven't bought it yet. Heh. I was basing it on the promos, where they are all showing. But i'm saving this comment cos I had no idea you coudl do that, thank you! 

jakiblue said:

I really like htat Nydo hair! I just wish there was some way of getting rid of the few long "flyaways" at hte front and sides. 

Have you tried using the Geometry Editor tool to assign them to a new Surface group and then set them transparent?

edited January 2017

I think she is an interesting character by herself and can't wait to mix her with others to get some unusual results.  Love the beautiful blondes as well. Love mixing them with Monique. Genevieve does add something lithe and angular to the gene pool.  Here is a quickie render of Neive with Monique...

Wow, that looks amazing, ALLIEKATBLUE. After some deliberation yesterday, I have also bought that item together with the Genevieve 7 bundle.

Now, I am glad, that I did so.

And thanks for the comment on my renders.

Post edited by Artini on
    jakiblue said:

Thanks for that tip, Richard. I am using Geometry Editor to assign surfaces to a new group, quite often, but have not thought about using it on hairs, yet.

It opens up a lot of possibilities, to get rid of some unwanted polygons from the render.

edited January 2017
    Artini said:

I think she is an interesting character by herself and can't wait to mix her with others to get some unusual results.  Love the beautiful blondes as well. Love mixing them with Monique. Genevieve does add something lithe and angular to the gene pool.  Here is a quickie render of Neive with Monique...

Wow, that looks amazing, ALLIEKATBLUE. After some deliberation yesterday, I have also bought that item together with the Genevieve 7 bundle.

Now, I am glad, that I did so.

And thanks for the comment on my renders.

I love your render with the V4 skin.  How are you getting the N.G.S. Anagenessis 2 - Revolution to work G3F with Cayman studios converter? All the G3F texture converts but I get some weird white shade on the "Legacy" parts.  I been using V3Digitimes shader converter but I want to try N.G.S. Anagenessis 2 - Revolution.

Post edited by ALLIEKATBLUE on
  • Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,888

All hairs I've seen with flyaways like that, the flyaways are a separate surface and can be hidden.

I don't have this particular hair, but I'd be really surprised if it were different.

edited January 2017

@ALLIEKATBLUE: I run N.G.S. Anagenessis 2 - Revolution scripts on Victoria 4 based character first (for V4, I use Genesis versions of them)

and save resulting skin as a Material preset in Daz Studio.

Then I make a new scene, load Genesis 3 female and apply different shapes to her.

After that, I run two scripts from Cayman studios converter (Prepare G3F and Fix V4 UVs).

Finally, I apply previously saved V4 material preset to the selection made by running the scripts.

That's it.

Post edited by Artini on
    Artini said:

@ALLIEKATBLUE: I run N.G.S. Anagenessis 2 - Revolution scripts on Victoria 4 first (for V4, I use Genesis versions of them)

and save resulting skin as a Material preset in Daz Studio.

Then I make a new scene, load Genesis 3 female and apply different shapes to her.

After that, I run two scripts from Cayman studios converter (Prepare G3F and Fix V4 UVs).

Finally, I apply previously saved V4 preset to the selection made by running the scripts.

That's it.

For step one, do you have to convert the V4 skin using the V4 skins converter or do you run N.G.S. Anagenessis 2 - Revolution scripts on a straight V4 figure because I have been using V4 skins converted using the batch converter. When you save as a material preset does that file automatically save as .duf?

I run N.G.S. Anagenessis 2 - Revolution scripts on a straight V4 figure and when it is saved as a material preset

the file automatically get .duf type.

Artini said:

I run N.G.S. Anagenessis 2 - Revolution scripts on a straight V4 figure and when it is saved as a material preset

the file automatically get .duf type.

Fabulous, I will try this out, thanks so much

edited January 2017

Neive only...

Neive04pic01.jpg
    2000 x 1688 - 552K
    Post edited by Artini on

Artini, gorgeous

• WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,740
    edited January 2017

I'm just doing a quick test render of straight Genevieve (quick IRay render on a Mac is an oxymoron though) It may be due to my own skill, but not thrilled with the original textures but know that all the PA textures will look amazing. Except for V7 and Rune, I rarely use the original textures anyway. I do not see an issue with the dent on her nose as someone was worried about..

Screen shot of partially rendered nose:

Screen Shot 2017-01-11 at 1.03.27 PM.png
    288 x 160 - 31K
    Post edited by Wonderland on
    edited January 2017

Well, I have to run off, but did a super fast small test. I'm still new to DS and was not happy with my quickie render, so just did a quick B&W change, that to me always makes everything look better. I had made the irises bigger and eyelashes longer in DS. I love her character, but will probably use PA skins on her from now on..

Weird, can't get image to upload! (Oh I think there was an issue with the name...)

Genevieve-Test.jpg
    641 x 851 - 400K

Well, I have to run off, but did a super fast small test. I'm still new to DS and was not happy with my quickie render, so just did a quick B&W change, that to me always makes everything look better. I had made the irises and eyelashes longer in DS. I love her character, but will probably use PA skins on her from now on..

Weird, can't get image to upload! (Oh I think there was an issue with the name...)

Lovely, she looks kind of like Angelica Houston

edited January 2017

Well, I have to run off, but did a super fast small test. I'm still new to DS and was not happy with my quickie render, so just did a quick B&W change, that to me always makes everything look better. I had made the irises and eyelashes longer in DS. I love her character, but will probably use PA skins on her from now on..

SaveThanks! That's what I was thinking too! Angelica Houston!

Why was "SAVE" added there? Not in my original text... Oh, now it is in white print, hardly visible, says SAVE. Maybe it will disappear completely on the next refresh. Weird.

SaveThanks! That's what I was thinking too! Angelica Houston!

Why was "SAVE" added there? Not in my original text... Oh, now it is in white print, hardly visible, says SAVE. Maybe it will disappear completely on the next refresh. Weird.

Daz forums be doing what it wants some times

edited January 2017

Thanks, ALLIEKATBLUE. Below is another render of Neive.

Neive08pic01.jpg
    2000 x 1688 - 688K
    Post edited by Artini on
  • Ron KnightsRon Knights Posts: 1,733

Genevieve 7 looks good to me. I do hope we can get her without the painted face. I don't care much for most of the clothes in the Pro Bundle. I prefer "Real World" characters.

edited January 2017
    jakiblue said:

Someone who has Genevieve - the 'age' lines on her face in the main promo....are they the texture, normal maps or morphed into her face?

There are some cheek creases, but I haven't had a lot of time to fully explore yet. Even when I rendered with the native textures, I didn't really see that many wrinkles. Maybe you have to bump up the bump or normals to see them. I'm about to render her with the Pepper skin. Based on just a small IRay preview pane, I don't see wrinkles but just indentations where smile lines would be, more expression indentations than wrinkles. About to render to check out more...

Genevieve is made for historical renders. I don't even mind the nose notch, actually never knew it was a thing

Genevieve 1.png
    735 x 882 - 1M
    edited January 2017

Screenshot of test render in progress: Genevieve 100%, Pepper 25% Valiona 25% Pepper skin,mixed expression morphs...

Screen Shot 2017-01-11 at 5.16.45 PM.png
    1392 x 1826 - 2M
    edited January 2017

Screenshot of test in progress: Genevieve 100%, Pepper 25% Valiona 25% Pepper skin,mixed expression morphs...

ooooo pretty!

edited January 2017
    Artini said:

Thanks, ALLIEKATBLUE. Below is another render of Neive.

Real tomboy look, cute

edited January 2017

The impression I'm getting so far is thsat she adds a LOT to the gene pool. Mostly the sharper contoured face, more cat-like eyes, longer, squintier. More severe or expressive eyebrows. Very distict nose that can, of course be dialed down or morphed. I'm not thrillerd with her teeth, and will definitetly alter her teeth for open mouth renders, but I've heard others don't like perfect model teeth, so that will be a plus for you. Corners of mouth strech in a way I don't like for smile morphs but easily changeable with just basic G3 morphs... So far I'm finding her very different in many ways which is GREAT for the gene pool...