Genevieve 7

123457»

Comments

• cherpenbeckcherpenbeck Posts: 1,409

Much better than all these V7-clones.

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,837

Looks great, Wonderland. I also have problems with her smile, and got only very silly ones.

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,560
    JOdel said:

The standard pricing of bundles tend to make any of the Pro packs a better deal than the starter pack -- if one can manage to meet the price of the Pro pack. Particularly if one wants anything from that in addition to whatever is in the Starter pack.

The starter pack didn't have much I wanted. One hair and the base. I ended up buying both hairs and just Genevieve. Didn't need the rest

• WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,740
    Artini said:

Looks great, Wonderland. I also have problems with her smile, and got only very silly ones.

Smile Delight is a great product. I used that first with a few other expression dials. When I experimented with a lot of expression morphs first, then tried to open her mouth, the teeth mesh got all distorted or something. But if you make her smile first, using dials in increments, you can get some nice smiles. I tend to mix a LOT of expression morphs but in very small increments so you don't get those crazy looks!

• Here the second image shows conclusively she does NOT have a ridge on her nose, that must have been in the original texture, not in the morph, as were all the wrinkles.

The notch shows in many of the examples in this thread that use Genevieve with other textures, including some by you, so I don't think the notch is a texture feature. The G3 base mesh is pretty low res, so could it be "normals", and perhaps you've lost them in this example?

• The starter pack didn't have much I wanted. One hair and the base. I ended up buying both hairs and just Genevieve. Didn't need the rest

Yup, it's pot luck whether any bundle has stuff you want.

I only wanted Genevieve, the Nydo hair and the huntress outfit (which looks terrific in spite of the cor-blimey trousers), and those came to $1.51 less than the Starter bundle. But the way that sale worked meant I could get the Starter bundle along with a couple of other desirables for $0.16 less than the bundle alone (also a very good price on a wishlist item), so it became a no brainer.

I really didn't care for the hunter outfit, so I'm glad it looks good. I Agree with you about Nydo hair, and the base figure though.

• I really didn't care for the hunter outfit...

Says the sensible, normal person without a requirement for Star Wars background characters. The set is a trove for kit-bashing. 

No I get it, it is just the mc hammer pants that threw me with that outfit.

• You have to credit Didier for non-conformity, but I bet it costs in sales. It was his Insurgent Geisha that was the wishlisted item I picked up. I saw the kitbashing potential. Still with the trousers, though. Could it be a French thing? ;-)

I don't mind blousy big trousers but it doesn't look like cloth to me. Combined with genevieve's body structure it isn't very flattering. She looks ultra skinny and the pants look huge  like diapers Of all the content in the bundle I thought it looked like a Genesis 1 dough outfit. 

Here the second image shows conclusively she does NOT have a ridge on her nose, that must have been in the original texture, not in the morph, as were all the wrinkles.

The notch shows in many of the examples in this thread that use Genevieve with other textures, including some by you, so I don't think the notch is a texture feature. The G3 base mesh is pretty low res, so could it be "normals", and perhaps you've lost them in this example?

I haven't inspected, but if it is normals that's causing it then another PA's normals should replace it. And it is really the base shape that's interesting to me, I actually am not a fan of the default textures at all. I think when I rendered her with any other texture, she looks amazing, but I couldn't get a good render with the default texture and don't really like the makeups and all the wrinkles. I have Zevo's aging morphs I can use if I want to do an old character and Opal and maybe the Genevieve original textures might be good for creating an older character, but I just REALLY like her morph. And she seems to have an actual personality like V7 does, while most characters look very pretty but vapid (kinda like a lot of girls here in LA LOL.)

I just really love her morph and what it can add to the gene pool. I'm trying out lots of textures on straight Genevieve now with various expressions and feel like a kid playing with Barbies or a god creating people LOL. I haven't had this much fun with a character since V4. G3 always seemed too generic for me... And Genevieve takes expressions well as long as you mix small subtle amounts and don't go crazy with extremes. Rendering a new close-up now with the Valoria texture.

edited January 2017

Ok here is pure Genevieve with just longer eyelashes and a larger iris size and expressions with Valiona (I can never get that name straight) textures.

image.jpeg
    1466 x 1845 - 386K
    Post edited by Wonderland on
    edited January 2017

Looking great, Wonderland, and expression suits her well.

Post edited by Artini on
    edited January 2017

Genevieve 7 with skin from Topmodel - http://www.daz3d.com/topmodel-texture-for-genesis-3-female-s

Genevieve36pic02Topmodel01.jpg
    1280 x 1080 - 343K
    Post edited by Artini on
    edited January 2017

This time with Sad Sue from Vyktoria. Fun testing out different skins and expressions :)

image.jpeg
    1403 x 1720 - 616K
    Artini said:

Genevieve 7 with skin from Topmodel - http://www.daz3d.com/topmodel-texture-for-genesis-3-female-s

Nice! Again she looks completely different with a different skin!

edited January 2017

Still having a problem with the mouth after using some expressions. I can't figure out which ones cause the problem though... After removing a bunch of expressions, everything seemed fine though,..  This is Genevieve 75% and Sunny 25% with Piper skin...

Previous  teeth issue with expressions again

image.jpeg
    1456 x 1636 - 525K
    image.jpeg
    1360 x 728 - 153K

Thanks, Wonderland.

Yes, I have also noticed, that Genevieve 7 is very tricky to get desired look with added expression morphs

and the nose is getting easily distorted.

edited January 2017
    Artini said:

Thanks, Wonderland.

Yes, I have also noticed, that Genevieve 7 is very tricky to get desired look with added expression morphs

and the nose is getting easily distorted.

Actually, the only problem I've had is with the teeth. I think everything else morphs beautifully. And I think she takes expressions very well, more realistically than other models as long as you do it in moderation. I think she has a lot more character than most others and can go from mysterious to Vogue model to girl next door. 

On the other hand, Pepper for Genevieve has beautiful skin but I could not get a decent open mouth morph or smile morph on her and very few morphs look good on her, but she's great for more mysterious things or spies... (That was an old hair model I was testing out and forgot to IRay it)

image.jpeg
    1267 x 1651 - 376K
  • fastbike1fastbike1 Posts: 4,074
    edited January 2017

I'm not seeing nose distortions on Pepper or Genevieve. Here's a quick render of Pepper with her base skin and a mild smile. The teeth are definitely wonky on open mouth expressions. Hopefully an update will be coming.

I agree w/ Wonderland that there is enormous potential with this character.

FWSA Pepper HD Base Skin, Renderstudio HDRI.png
    750 x 1125 - 877K
    Post edited by fastbike1 on

Somebody pointed out in the other thread, that the nose distortion may be caused by some normal map included in original Genevieve 7 skin,

but I have only seen this nose distortion on close up and when I have applied some expressions and mixed some other morphs to her.

Have to retest it again, because she got many updates and I have not render that particular mix afterwards.

• tomhbwctomhbwc Posts: 24
    Saiyaness said:

When I first got to try Genevieve, I didn't see Eva until I threw this Olympia 7 skin on...then she jumped out at me. :p

Just out of curiosity, what Olympia 7 skin is this? The default skin or from one of the Olympia 7 add on characters?

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,140

It's Makeup 01 from the Olympia 7 base character texture set :).

Laurie