Genevieve 7

Comments

• WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,740
    edited January 2017

Here is Genevieve 75%, Valiona 25%, Face Younger 33% (regular G3 Daz morph) Texture Pepper, played with various expressions. Unfinished test render screenshot... I don't see any indentation on the nose that someone was complaining about... I bet one could do a really good Alicia Vikander lookalike morph with Genevieve mixes if someone wanted to... Definitely enhances the gene pool big time!

Screen Shot 2017-01-11 at 6.19.05 PM.png
    1360 x 1828 - 2M
    Post edited by Wonderland on
  • Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,560

I really like this character and her hairs. She is beautiful and distinctively unique. I wish she'd been released earlier as she certainly has lots to offer.

Content in the bundle runs the gamut between not so good to great.

I think I can't do without the base though, or the two hairs. I would like Pepper, but perhaps not enough to buy pro.

edited January 2017

EDITED: It was my expression morphs that did this! OK now. But do an open smile first before other expression morphs to make sure this doesn't happen!

There is something weird going on with the teeth! I'm not sure if something happenned when I used expression morphs or what but they are not alligned correctly or something! I tried the Genevieve UV map and it didn't help. First noticed it with Pepper texture, but then tried Brooke texture and same problem. Curious if anyone else has this issue...

Screen Shot 2017-01-11 at 6.38.15 PM.png
    712 x 306 - 109K
    Screen Shot 2017-01-11 at 6.30.54 PM.png
    274 x 230 - 50K
    edited January 2017

Same formula of Genevieve 75%, Valiona 25%, Face Younger 33% (regular G3 Daz morph) With Brooke Texture, various expression morphs. Here I get a Drew Barrymore vibe LOL...

Screen Shot 2017-01-11 at 6.59.58 PM.png
    1382 x 1770 - 1M
    edited January 2017

OK so this is: Genevieve 75%, Valiona 25%, Face Younger 33% (regular G3 Daz morph) Brooklyn HD 55%, Smile Delight plus a few more expressions, already forgot what texture! One of the DA poses turned on Y axis with different hand pose, Vanessa Marquise outfit as regular clothes, chains & stuff removed from top and the pants are long, I always wish they would show that on promos because you never know if they end where the boots start...

BTW, this is going a lot faster than normal because I'm rendering small and when I take a screenshot, it gets bigger, because my Mac screen is 5K retina and more than doubles the size of the actual render!

Screen Shot 2017-01-11 at 7.46.59 PM.png
    1078 x 1830 - 461K
    edited January 2017

Genevieve 75%, Valiona 25%, Face Younger 33% (regular G3 Daz morph), Arabella 35%, same texture that I don't remember from above. I'm really LOVING how much Genevieve changes the gene pool!

Screen Shot 2017-01-11 at 8.12.56 PM.png
    1378 x 1838 - 1M
  • dreamfarmerdreamfarmer Posts: 2,128

Huh. There's a secret third hair in the Genevieve bundles: Hood Huntress comes with hair. Kind of basic, but hair! (and poses and props).

Neive.png
    800 x 800 - 441K
    edited January 2017

I think I'm obsessed! Genevieve is really a game changer, adds such a different feel to G3 which I thought was too generic compared to V4.  This is 75% Genevieve, 35% Snowflake (!), with a slight bit of Quinn, Izabella and the Girl thrown in plus various expressions. I havent even started on individual feature morphs!  Genevieve is absolutely my favorite DO character since V7! Except the teeth. And morphing just makes the teeth worse. A LOT worse. Might try starting with a smile pose, then morph and see what happens, but I didn't really like her teeth in the main promos so will have to see if I can fix them how I like them I guess... Oh, used Whitley skin.

I could see doing a Sarah Jessica Parker type with Genevieve too... This accidentally ended up looking a tiny bit like her.

Screen Shot 2017-01-11 at 9.40.40 PM.png
    1380 x 1822 - 1M
    edited January 2017

I THINK this is plain Genevieve at 100%. I had so many morphs and expressions on her that I clicked reset figure and it seems that this is all her now. Skin is Lennon. Hood (with shader) and Top from Hood Hunter. What I like about the bundle is that everything can be repurposed to look completely different than intended, although the pants in Vanessa Marquise basically ARE skinny jeans, or at least skinny pants...

I'm beginning to think she looks better, even right out of the box full morph with anything BUT the textures she came with... She's REALLY pretty on her own 100% with PA skins!  I think this is a keeper that I'll redo at full size and let completely render (which will probably be about 20 hours on my CPU only Mac...)

Screen Shot 2017-01-11 at 10.45.13 PM.png
    1338 x 1808 - 1M
    Screen Shot 2017-01-11 at 10.58.51 PM.png
    1128 x 1064 - 576K
  • RCDescheneRCDeschene Posts: 2,799

EDITED: It was my expression morphs that did this! OK now. But do an open smile first before other expression morphs to make sure this doesn't happen!

There is something weird going on with the teeth! I'm not sure if something happenned when I used expression morphs or what but they are not alligned correctly or something! I tried the Genevieve UV map and it didn't help. First noticed it with Pepper texture, but then tried Brooke texture and same problem. Curious if anyone else has this issue...

Yeah, that looks messed-up. Have you tried sending Daz a ticket yet?

No because when I removed all the expression morphs, it seemed OK.... I figured the expressions were somehow affecting the teeth.

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,837
    edited January 2017

Thanks, ALLIEKATBLUE. Neive is a really nice character.

Post edited by Artini on
  • ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,837
    edited January 2017

You got a very nice looking character mixes, Wonderland. I like the way, how you mix them.

Post edited by Artini on
  • TottallouTottallou Posts: 555

All the Daz figures teeth look odd once you add the preset "Teeth SSS on"  but they usually render fine - The teeth with the sss on take a long time for grain to clear

I attach Eva;s teeth and they to look strange until they finish rendering - the 3rd image is at 93% and took 5 minutes but there is still a lot of grain there

If the teeth need to show I usually render the image then spot render the teeth & composite in Photoshop as that seems to be faster than just leaving the full render until the teeth look good but if I was using CPU I would keep her mouth shut as I am far to impatient to wait several hours :)

I do not have Genevieve yet but Wonderlands render makes me want to buy the Pro Bundle (Maybe later Today!)

EvaTeeth.JPG
    473 x 235 - 20K
    render.JPG
    523 x 302 - 80K
    93percent.JPG
    602 x 318 - 31K
  • JazzyBearJazzyBear Posts: 798
    edited January 2017

Just 100% she!

Click to see HD 2x size. rendered in about 25 minutes CPU only.

Post edited by JazzyBear on
    Artini said:

You got a very nice looking character mixes, Wonderland. I like the way, how you mix them.

Oh, thanks! I could mix and morph all day! When I first got into 3D many years ago with Poser, the thing I would do the most was close ups of characters with different morphs and expressions. To me that's the most fun thing to do! But no one wants to buy head shots of CGI girls as art so I got into pinup art and also children's art. But I LOVE morphing my own concoctions! I would love to create my own characters for sale one day, but I still have to work on the tech part of skin textures with all the many varying maps and settings for both IRay & 3Delight...

Nice renders of Nieve! She is in my cart, waiting and hoping for her to trigger some sort of stacking for something else coming up soon LOL.

edited January 2017
    Tottallou said:

All the Daz figures teeth look odd once you add the preset "Teeth SSS on"  but they usually render fine - The teeth with the sss on take a long time for grain to clear

I attach Eva;s teeth and they to look strange until they finish rendering - the 3rd image is at 93% and took 5 minutes but there is still a lot of grain there

If the teeth need to show I usually render the image then spot render the teeth & composite in Photoshop as that seems to be faster than just leaving the full render until the teeth look good but if I was using CPU I would keep her mouth shut as I am far to impatient to wait several hours :)

I do not have Genevieve yet but Wonderlands render makes me want to buy the Pro Bundle (Maybe later Today!)

I don't think the images I posted before would have rendered correctly because I think somehow the teeth mesh itself got distorted from adding too many   expression morphs... I mixed various PA expression sliders in addition to Daz ones. Once I removed most of them, the teeth seemed OK. Also I wasn't using Daz skins, but two different PA ones that always render fine.

image.jpeg
    421 x 542 - 50K
    edited January 2017

This is straight Genevieve with Alfhild for Rune 7 skin by Freja which is one of my favorite textures. It seems like she looks completely different depending on what texture you give her! Top from Vanessa Marquise made to look like normal street wear in materials and skinny jeans.

I had issues with the sandals from skinny jeans, couldn't get shaders to work correctly on them (but it may be my lack of knowledge) and when I had them in the scene, the whole render was invisible! I wonder if anyone else had that issue. I'll experiment more with them later...

Screen Shot 2017-01-12 at 10.58.39 AM.png
    1284 x 1802 - 863K
  • fastbike1fastbike1 Posts: 4,074

Very, very, nice. Strong Eva Green vibe. 

JazzyBear said:

Just 100% she!

JazzyBear said:

Just 100% she!

SaveYou got the original textures to look a lot better than I could!

• She is channeling Eva Green no doubt. I like this character.

• StorypilotStorypilot Posts: 1,660

Just wanted to drop in and say I like her a lot so far. I thought Eva Green and Allison Janney when I first saw her, and I also agree with the Angelica Huston and Uma Thurman influences. I think she's a great character. Also really like the Neive character for her. 

On a side note, can anyone point me to this outfit from the Neive promos: neivepopup_4-daz3d.jpg ?

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714

Just after xmas, bad time; seriously.

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,686

I THINK this is plain Genevieve at 100%. I had so many morphs and expressions on her that I clicked reset figure and it seems that this is all her now. Skin is Lennon. Hood (with shader) and Top from Hood Hunter. What I like about the bundle is that everything can be repurposed to look completely different than intended, although the pants in Vanessa Marquise basically ARE skinny jeans, or at least skinny pants...

I'm beginning to think she looks better, even right out of the box full morph with anything BUT the textures she came with... She's REALLY pretty on her own 100% with PA skins!  I think this is a keeper that I'll redo at full size and let completely render (which will probably be about 20 hours on my CPU only Mac...)

I've been looking for sequins. What, please, is that sequin shader you used on the hood?

xyer0 said:

I've been looking for sequins. What, please, is that sequin shader you used on the hood?

Save

http://www.daz3d.com/irender-materials-fabrics-materials-and-dirt

edited January 2017

Why does it post "SAVE" every time I post??? Except this time, of course...

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,686

Thanks so much, Wonderland! It's in my wishlist.

edited January 2017

My final version of Genevieve with Alfhild for Rune 7 skin by Freja....  As you can tell by my ridiculous number of posts, I REALLY like the Genevieve bundle LOL!

Genevieve-Waiting-by-a-Wall-Alicia_Hollinger.jpg
    755 x 1008 - 734K
  • StorypilotStorypilot Posts: 1,660
    edited January 2017

Here's my first render with Neive for Genevieve 7

LonelyChampion-1.jpg
    1250 x 625 - 236K
    Post edited by Storypilot on
  • Why does it post "SAVE" every time I post??? Except this time, of course...

Have you done a malware scan?