Darwins' Schtuff

Comments

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287

Thank you for the freebie. I'm having an issue getting the earring to show up though. I'm just getting an error message when I try to load them. It says it's missing this file:

data/darwinsmishap/mariposa hoops/hoops/hoop.dsf

• You're very welcome, and thank you for finding that.

I went through the files and updated the paths-I re-named them and forgot to do that. Great catch!

I'll update the link for the download.

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

That's so funny because my first thought was, wow, I really like those lips lol. 

And thank you very much for the freeby!

• you're welcome!  Yeah, but the undertexture did make them look craggly and that wasn't good.

First tester of basic make up- I went classic this time.  Updated her skin shaders as well to get rid of the orange halo around her with all of the light rigs I tried.  It showed up even with simple HDRI's as well.

I really like that her skin is dark.  Not a dark tan or light brown but a lovely shade of really dark brown.  Its beautiful.

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,810

I like that her skin is dark, as well, but I think you may need darker translucency maps on her. Her whole skin tone is very red, in that "glow from underneath" way that suggests maybe her SSS is a bit too strong.

Hope that's useful.

• DarwinsMishapDarwinsMishap Posts: 4,072
    edited January 2017

Thank you.  Actually, the SSS is rather low and a light tan, not orange or red.  I've tweaked the settings and coloring of both the SSS and Translucency, as well as the spec/gloss settings and set up a render with just scene lights (spot lights only) to see how she reacts to dramatic lighting, then will move onto the three point studio lighting, and so on.  I think I like this one so far.  I'll post when it's done.

Her skin has a red/brown base tone as it stands, so I've been trying to avoid over-red tones in the translucency settings.  Eh.  we'll see.

Post edited by DarwinsMishap on
  • So I stopped this at 67% converged.   Didn't realize the bikini actually had emitter settings on the materials until after- hence the glow at her neck.  Lips are better, still need to work on them a bit, but they have the same gloss as the skin now to give the no make up look.  Added a beauty mark and some freckles just 'cuz. Now, onto a fun render.  Dunno what it'll be, but darn it, I'mma gonna make one.

• LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770

She's lovely! Now take a break and have some fun! wink

• Oh, I did.  Have a scene cooking with 212.8 MiB atm. Three figures, hair, clothing and an indoor scene with 2 Ghost lights, 1 Emitter for the fireplace, three floor candleabra's with about...12 candles each and a HDRI map for the Environment. Interested in seeing how long this takes.

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287

Oh NICE! She's looking great! I'm loving the freckles and beauty mark!

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859

I like the skin a lot and her morphs. She looks like a real person. The only thing that is distracting to me are the veins in the eyes- a bit too pronounced for my personal tastes. Particularly the vertical one, reminds me of a wriggling snake. (I'm great at ink blot tests)  Perhaps an option to have diminished veins in the eyes?

Hopefully you and s/o will continue to feel better. My hubby caught who-knows-what on the airplane a couple months ago and brought the coughing/hacking home, and it took me a month to get over it. Hate flu season, that's getting into full swing shortly I guess. 

• We are, thankfully and thank you, feeling MUCH better.  Only took 3 weeks.  Still have the remaining cough and roughness of the voice with some sinus issues, but overall 90% better!

aaand...since Genevieve 7 is now released, I can show you my other project!

Meet Mari (Mariposa) for Genevieve 7.  I only have a few full renders of her since I haven't done her promos yet but, you get an idea:

• and my for fun render- Parker, Iain and Damen...Iain and Damen are discussing something while Parker notices something outside of the side door that he doesn't quite like.  Maybe.  

• Novica said:

I like the skin a lot and her morphs. She looks like a real person. The only thing that is distracting to me are the veins in the eyes- a bit too pronounced for my personal tastes. Particularly the vertical one, reminds me of a wriggling snake. (I'm great at ink blot tests)  Perhaps an option to have diminished veins in the eyes?

Hopefully you and s/o will continue to feel better. My hubby caught who-knows-what on the airplane a couple months ago and brought the coughing/hacking home, and it took me a month to get over it. Hate flu season, that's getting into full swing shortly I guess. 

Thank you!  Yeah-I'm not overly pleased with them, either.  I'll definitely be re-working them. 

Ha ha, you're so sneaky. How did you find time to work on another character? She looks wonderful. Love the tat!

Your fun pic looks very good too. So many hotties in one scene together! LOL Which set did you use? Love the fireplace, and the poses are fantastic.

edited January 2017

Mari is gorgeous!  I don't really want or need Genevieve 7 ( I promised myself I was going to cut way back on my spending) but I bet she would look great mixed with some other characters, particularly Olympia and Rune. 

And I'm glad to hear that you guys are feeling better.

Wow three of them in the same room.  Must be warm in there lol.

Post edited by IceDragonArt on
  • I was just in the store and thinking I wasn't overly impressed with Genevieve and then get here and see the amazing Mari!  You're going to make me end up spending more money.  She's beautiful.  I especially like that middle render of her with that hair and tat showing on her arm.

I like the new freckles and beauty mark on Sol.  Looks good.

edited January 2017

Wow three of them in the same room.  Must be warm in there lol.

Yeah, they don't really need the fire. It's already hot in there! LOL It must be just for decoration! laugh

Post edited by Llynara on
  • Thank you, everyone!  As for time......who needs to sleep?  

You guys are too mucch-lol

I'll have to look to see what I used in the scene, Llynara-the poses are tweaked versions from one of i13's sets; conversations, I think, for G3.

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,648

WOW is all I can say about all the fantastic work you have been doing on both Sol and Mari.

I think Mari looks a tiny bit like JLo (the singer).

• lol- she's based off of a Puerto Rican I knew back east, so I can see it.  Thank you!!

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,648

Your very welcome!!

I think I am going to try my hand at making new Charactors out of V4.2 I got her pro bundle in Nov and just been looking at all her morphs and such that goes with her, but I am going to need some skins to go with the new charactors any hints or tips you can give me on some good types of skins to start with?

• As for types of skins- I'll look through what I have, and what I've used for V4 and get back to you with some tips as well. What programs do you have to make them in?  Gimp, Photoshop, Blacksmith3D?

• Llynara said:

Ha ha, you're so sneaky. How did you find time to work on another character? She looks wonderful. Love the tat!

Your fun pic looks very good too. So many hotties in one scene together! LOL Which set did you use? Love the fireplace, and the poses are fantastic.

This is the set: http://www.daz3d.com/old-world-chamber  With alot of brick-a-brack from other setss tossed in and custom lighting changes on the candle and fireplace emitters, two ghost lights (outside each door) and an HDRI from somewhere.  lol  

Ooh, that's gorgeous! Thanks for the link! 

• You're welcome!  I didn't change any of the materials other than the candles, either.

• Scrapped this-so I thought I'd share. 7 hours, 17% rendered and lighting issues and ....well....her eyes rolled up into her skull (that I didn't note beforehand) is a no go.

Glad to know I'm not the only spending forever on renders where something isn't quite right. 

She's gorgeous though! The lines of her body and her skin are lovely.

• Thanks!

I think I'll back to the basic room prop for the major promos with added pics of random scenes like I've been doing. Seems to work that way for me better.  Figure I'll get the main promos done first, then move onto the more 'creative' promos once they're done. lol

This discussion has been closed.