Llola Lane’s RENDER A MONTH Challenge 2017 CLOSED!!! Please join our 2018 thread

Llola LaneLlola Lane Posts: 9,050
edited January 2018 in Art Studio

This years challenge I'm calling "THE YEAR OF THEMES."  

Each month has a different theme to it.  The list is inspired by my friend's daughter who is a photographer.  She wanted to make the list this year and I decided to use the same list for my 3D challenge.  The themes should prove a good test of our 3D creating skills.  It will be interesting to see how everyone interprets the themes into 3D.  ENJOY!

(to view the 2013 renders please visit… http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/27391/ )
(to view the 2014 renders please visit… http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/33447/ )
(to view the 2015 renders please visit… http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/50455/ )
(to view the 2016 renders please visit… http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/68350/ )

There are only 2 rules…
ONLY 1 RENDER ALLOWED per PER PERSON per month and
(edit... this is only a suggestion) IT MUST BE A COMPLETELY “NEW” RENDER specifically for this challenge!!!

p.s… to keep the thread from getting too long... no WIPs please… THANK YOU!

ANY 3D program can be used!

Here’s the list.. HAVE FUN!!!

Jan – Nature
Feb – Reflections
Mar – Low angle
Apr - Colour
May - Frame
Jun - Edge
Jul – Close up
Aug - Landscape
Sep – Black and white
Oct – Look up
Nov – Time of day
Dec - Lights

As per previous years... I will also be doing a photography challenge with my husband, a friend and his daughter... using the same themes... FUN FUN FUN :)  Anyone that enjoys Photography is welcome to join us.  We post our photos on FLICKER.  https://www.flickr.com/groups/12ayear/discuss/72157676681368406/

To give folks a flavour of the original photo challenge that sparked off this thread please take a look at the photographic thread at http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/threads/a-father-vs-daughter-12-for-2013-challenge.457147/

Post edited by Llola Lane on

Comments

• Llola LaneLlola Lane Posts: 9,050
    edited December 2017

Nature 2017

edited December 2016

When the clock ticks over to 2017 for you...feel free to post your NATURE render here for January!

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,945
    edited January 2017

And here we go . natrure - red in tooth and claw ...

Nature_2.jpg
    1600 x 900 - 1M
    Post edited by SimonJM on
  • isidornisidorn Posts: 1,601

LOL Simon! Love the lighting. Well done!

And happy new year!

SimonJM said:

Haa.. I was wondering who would be the first to post... Still got mine in my head... lol.  Well done Simon... but... the clock says 10 to 2... Cat's having a looooooong lay-in.  lol.

Great start to the new year... (still last year for me... another hour and 10 minutes). 

HAPPY NEW YEARRRRRRRRRRR to those already celebrating the new one.

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited January 2017

is it safe to walk on

000 01 N.jpg
    1100 x 1040 - 892K
    Post edited by bigh on
    bigh said:

is it safe to walk on

Just right for a winter fair ... or maybe not ;)

• Kismet2012Kismet2012 Posts: 4,252

@SimonJM  hahahahahaha....love it. 

@Bigh  A beautiful peaceful scene but I will pass on testing the strength of the ice.

That ice looks sturdy enough. But as always, and especially in nature, looks can decieve!

• SimonJM said:

Haa.. I was wondering who would be the first to post... Still got mine in my head... lol.  Well done Simon... but... the clock says 10 to 2... Cat's having a looooooong lay-in.  lol.

Great start to the new year... (still last year for me... another hour and 10 minutes). 

That is called the post lunch nap!  :)

edited January 2017

Nature takes it back.

Nature's Reclamation.png
    566 x 800 - 648K
    Post edited by Kismet2012 on

Nature takes it back.

Nice smiley

• MN-150374MN-150374 Posts: 923

Beautiful Renders already in here! Well done SimonJM, Bigh and Kismet2012!

Thanks to Llola for hosting this Challenge again. Interesting Categories, there will be a lot of fun this year.

Happy New Year Everyone! :-)

Oh wow.. go to sleep and wake up and see 2 more pieces of art!

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ME!!!!!!!!!

Bigh... So peaceful and serene... Think I'll take your word for it that the ice is safe... shhh

Kismet... Just what I like to see... nature taking over.  ;)  I guess that's why we live in the country.  The last 1/3 of our back yard is all wild and it really attracts wonderful creatures.  We love it!

Thank you both for keeping the challenge going!  ALL are welcome.. Don't be shy... Do YOU have a NATURE render you wish to share with us???  Upload it today!!!!! 

Hugzzzzzzzzzz for the New Year everyone!

MN-150374 said:

Beautiful Renders already in here! Well done SimonJM, Bigh and Kismet2012!

Thanks to Llola for hosting this Challenge again. Interesting Categories, there will be a lot of fun this year.

Happy New Year Everyone! :-)

My pleasure MN... :)

SimonJM said:

That is called the post lunch nap!  :)

LOL.. good point Knit ;)

thanks guys smiley

Nature takes it back.

looks like my yard sad

• luci45luci45 Posts: 2,654

Happy New Year, everyone! 

Thanks, Llola, from me too. I like the themes this year!

Simon, nice Kittah! I was just looking at the new (old) cat poses that I finally got from DAZ last week when I thought of you and Kittahs and came to check out the new RENDER A MONTH Challenge. laugh

LOL, Bigh, the ice looks...cold. I'm glad to have a blanket wrapped around me.

Kismet2012 - beautiful! I feel inspired now. Thank you.

edited January 2017

Thank you SimonJM, MN-150374, Llola Lane, Bigh and luci45.

luci45 said:

Happy New Year, everyone! 

Thanks, Llola, from me too. I like the themes this year!

Simon, nice Kittah! I was just looking at the new (old) cat poses that I finally got from DAZ last week when I thought of you and Kittahs and came to check out the new RENDER A MONTH Challenge. laugh

LOL, Bigh, the ice looks...cold. I'm glad to have a blanket wrapped around me.

Kismet2012 - beautiful! I feel inspired now. Thank you.

YAY.... Luci's here... Looks like the gang is finding the new thread.... woo hoot... Happy to have you join us again this year.  Can't wait to see what you come up with :)  Happy New Year!!!!

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,648

Happy New Year Ev1!!!!

I will be back with my Nature Render real soon!!

Happy New Year Ev1!!!!

I will be back with my Nature Render real soon!!

whoo hoot.. Saphire... no rush.. we have til the end of the month :)  lol  HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Nature takes it back.

I had something on the same theme in mind. smiley But we'll see what I come up with. More often than not, I'm ending up with something completely different than my original plan.

edited January 2017
    isidorn said:

Nature takes it back.

I had something on the same theme in mind. smiley But we'll see what I come up with. More often than not, I'm ending up with something completely different than my original plan.

When that happens to me they usually end up being better than I had originally imagined.

• LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,795
    isidorn said:

Nature takes it back.

When that happens to me they usually end up being better than I had originally imagined.

Haha I know that feeling! As I am trying to get a hold on Iray I will try the nature scene in Iray as well, hope that it will be sympathetic to my cause...

• Happy New Year everyone!

Great renders already!

Like the themes, will try to participate as time permits.

HI Tulipe... wonderful to see you about... Please do join us :)

ALL are welcome....

Remember we have a whole month... no need to rush... I suppose we will get similar pieces of art with each of the themes... but... no one will make EXACTLY the same thing... We all use different scenery... animals... plants... etc... sooo.... Let's just have fun... and not worry about if we are doing something the same as someone else... It will take the pressure off... winks.... LET'S HAVE FUN this year!!!  Enjoy!

edited January 2017

kk.. gang .. here's my Nature.. ENJOY!

NATURE DONE SIGN FRAMED.jpg
    1311 x 1398 - 338K

love it - super work yes