Llola Lane’s RENDER A MONTH Challenge 2017 CLOSED!!! Please join our 2018 thread

Comments

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,947
    SimonJM said:
    SimonJM said:

Not that I had it ready or anything, but ...

ooo is it February 1st already???  Still January for me... gotta love time zones... You must be Europe somewhere Simon... btw.. thumbs up for the kitteh ;)  Thanks for sharing!

Yup, lurking in the wilds of the UK :)

You just couldn't wait to show off that new hair cut.

LMAO - I did actually mean to put glasses on him and a 'mop' of hair, but I forgot!

• Llola LaneLlola Lane Posts: 9,075
    SimonJM said:
    SimonJM said:
    SimonJM said:

Not that I had it ready or anything, but ...

ooo is it February 1st already???  Still January for me... gotta love time zones... You must be Europe somewhere Simon... btw.. thumbs up for the kitteh ;)  Thanks for sharing!

Yup, lurking in the wilds of the UK :)

You just couldn't wait to show off that new hair cut.

LMAO - I did actually mean to put glasses on him and a 'mop' of hair, but I forgot!

NOW... THAT... would have been funny... lol.  Pleasant dreams when ya git there Simon :)  My friends from the UK have been asleep for a few hours now.  I'm a night owl.. I'll be up a while longer :)

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited February 2017

hop

000 0 201.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 537K
    Post edited by bigh on
  • SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,653

what a great render Bigh!!!

Looks like he got the world by his froggy legs laugh

• isidornisidorn Posts: 1,601

Oh my! More great nature renders and even two reflection renders already! Well done! yes A great start of the new month, even if Simon doesn't like Ducky! surprise crying

• Great Nature Renders in January! Sadly mine is missing. Had not much time last month to do something creative. Only 28 days in February, better I start working on my reflection image today. :-)

@SimonJM: Very good start for the reflections! Beautiful work!

@Bigh: Colorful Frog! Great Render!

• LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,802

Great start everone!

this comes handy and just in time

http://www.daz3d.com/mirror-mirror

• You guys are fast!

@SimonJM: Great render

@Bigh: Superb!

thank you all laugh

• dawnbladedawnblade Posts: 1,723
    edited February 2017

Here's my reflection image for this month's challenge, rendered in 3Delight. Hope you like it!

DM's Cave of Secrets (mirror was included!)
    Girl 7, Medieval Princess Dress, tiara from Medieval Fantasy Accessories
    Genesis male (can you find him in the center mirror?)

Daydreams.jpg
    1220 x 847 - 706K
    Post edited by dawnblade on
  • luci45luci45 Posts: 2,670

LOL, Bigh, I love the froggie! And SimonJM the kitteh and your handsome avatar are great!

• nattaruknattaruk Posts: 525

During the Quest for the Lost Labyrinth Ariadne does her makeup using Theseus's and Asterion's shields as mirrors, while her sister Phaedra watches.

works for me wink

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    nattaruk said:

During the Quest for the Lost Labyrinth Ariadne does her makeup using Theseus's and Asterion's shields as mirrors, while her sister Phaedra watches.

her sister could in fact be reflecting on what Ariadne is doing     

Chohole said:
    nattaruk said:

I did ponder using that meaning as the basis of my render laugh

isidorn said:

Oh my! More great nature renders and even two reflection renders already! Well done! yes A great start of the new month, even if Simon doesn't like Ducky! surprise crying

Au contraire, j'adore ducky a l'orange cheeky

SimonJM said:
    Chohole said:
    nattaruk said:

isidorn said:

how about with hoisin sauce and pancakes?

edited February 2017
    Chohole said:
    SimonJM said:
    Chohole said:
    nattaruk said:

isidorn said:

Those as well - not to mention (had once at a very nice French restaurant) au Rhum et Ananas (rum sauce and pineapple), yum!  The only restaurant I have been to where everyone with me stared at the portion size (it was another duck dish!) and I asked why I had 2 duck breasts on my plate and was told that the chef had 'slapped' one in the pan and was unhappy by how much it seemed to shrink when it was cooking so chucked another one in ... surprise

Post edited by SimonJM on
    edited February 2017
    SimonJM said:
    Chohole said:
    SimonJM said:
    Chohole said:
    nattaruk said:

isidorn said:

Those as well - not to mention (had once at a very nice French restaurant) au Rhum et Ananas (rum sauce and pineapple), yum!  The only restaurant I have been to where everyone with me stared at the portion size (it was another duck dish!) and I asked why I had 2 duck breasts on my plate and was told that the chef had 'slapped' one in the pan and was unhappy by how much it seemed to shrink when it was cooking so chucked another one in ... surprise

Not to contine the thread derail or anything,  but for Christmas I bought a joint which was a small Turkey breast whci was stuffed with a deboned and flattened out duck breast, which was then stuffed with pork stuffing.  The whole thing was then rolled and had a lattice of streaky bacon.  Was advertised as feeding 6, and yes it would have made at least 6 generous protions, and was very tasty. Have the last of it in the freezer for 'r on

Post edited by Chohole on

Ducky finds all this talk about duck dishes very disturbing! crying

Great renders Dawnblade and Nattaruk! As for Lady Ariadne, I think the floor might work even better as a mirror. It looks very well polished. But it might be beneath the lady's stature to crawl around on the floor? wink

• isidorn said:

Ducky finds all this talk about duck dishes very disturbing! crying

Great renders Dawnblade and Nattaruk! As for Lady Ariadne, I think the floor might work even better as a mirror. It looks very well polished. But it might be beneath the lady's stature to crawl around on the floor? wink

Aww, let us confit ..  I mean comfort ducky.

Thanks isidorn! Looking forward to "Reflections of Ducky" or the like! :)

Linwelly said:

Great start everone!

this comes handy and just in time

http://www.daz3d.com/mirror-mirror

ya beat me to the post... I was just gonna say... perfect timing...

http://www.daz3d.com/platinum-club-items/mirror-mirror

dawnblade said:

Here's my reflection image for this month's challenge, rendered in 3Delight. Hope you like it!

Oh yes.. coming down the stairs.. just lovely dawnblade .......... thanks for sharing!

nattaruk said:

Haaaaa.. perfect nattaruk  ... A girl's always gotta look her best... even during quests!  Thanks for sharing.

Chohole said:
    nattaruk said:

oo yes!!!  true true.  :)

dawnblade said:

Oh yes.. coming down the stairs.. just lovely dawnblade .......... thanks for sharing!

Thank you Llola Lane!

dawnblade said:

Thanks isidorn! Looking forward to "Reflections of Ducky" or the like! :)

Haha! Thanks! You never know... wink

• luci45luci45 Posts: 2,670
    edited February 2017

Window Shopping

I did this a while back and couldn't get the reflections right. I worked on it some more and it's a lot better than it was. (It took a while to render. Groan.)

window_shopping_luci45.jpg
    1800 x 1800 - 682K
    Post edited by luci45 on

hope he has lots of money wink

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,653

Well I think you did a bang up job on that render Luci!!!!!!

any woman would love to shop in that shoe store