The OMG It is 2017 This thread's end is Nigh Complaint Thread.

Comments

• Chohole said:
    McGyver said:

I was wondering... 

Should I use emojis more?

Okay... I never use them... 

Should I use them at all?

Do you people generally get what I'm going on about usually?

That was a trick question... I have no idea what I'm onto... Better question- Do you generally get that more often than not I'm either kidding, making a joke, being satirical, or using a metaphorical subterfuge to provoke an alternate way of thinking about stuff... Like just now... I'm not really sure what I meant by that last one.

Or do I?

kiss

Rats... That's not the emoji I meant... There is no emoji for licking a small bit of prosciutto off of your screen... It's close I suppose... I did use my lower lip and my lower front teeth... It was more of a nibbling, like when a dog is trying to scrape a scab off their tail...

blush

Is that embarrassment or does that indicate mumps or something?

I'm very bad at this.

crying

Thats the emoji for small blue beetles crawling on your face... Right?... Because that's what is going on now... That was an oddly fortuitous emoji.

angry

Bad reaction to the beetle bites... I thin dees emojis I use do no mean what I thin they mean...

They can be fun,  if you find the right ones 

No.  Your deadpan delivery speaks for itself.  Emoji's would just clutter it up.  HOWEVER, smaller paragraphs would be an aid to reading.   Yeah, yeah, I know... the train-of-thought derailments sometimes need run-on sentences and extended verbage but pity us poor readers and give us a visual break now and then. sad

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,610
    Chohole said:
    McGyver said:

I was wondering... 

Should I use emojis more?

Okay... I never use them... 

Should I use them at all?

Do you people generally get what I'm going on about usually?

That was a trick question... I have no idea what I'm onto... Better question- Do you generally get that more often than not I'm either kidding, making a joke, being satirical, or using a metaphorical subterfuge to provoke an alternate way of thinking about stuff... Like just now... I'm not really sure what I meant by that last one.

Or do I?

kiss

Rats... That's not the emoji I meant... There is no emoji for licking a small bit of prosciutto off of your screen... It's close I suppose... I did use my lower lip and my lower front teeth... It was more of a nibbling, like when a dog is trying to scrape a scab off their tail...

blush

Is that embarrassment or does that indicate mumps or something?

I'm very bad at this.

crying

Thats the emoji for small blue beetles crawling on your face... Right?... Because that's what is going on now... That was an oddly fortuitous emoji.

angry

Bad reaction to the beetle bites... I thin dees emojis I use do no mean what I thin they mean...

They can be fun,  if you find the right ones 

That is one crappy image.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,517
    McGyver said:

Ah yes,  "Brazil"!  Great Terry Gilliam movie.  Pythonish dystopia meets steampunk. smiley

Yay! Someone else besides me and the cast has seen that movie... Nobody ever understands my duct based compliments or critiques... I'll go somewhere and someone will ask, "How was it?" And I'll say, "The food was terrible but they had fantastic duct-work" or "The lines were tremendous, the staff belligerent and their duct work was uninspired"... And maybe once every ten years someone will ask if that was a Brazil reference.

...here too, including the original version with the dark ending.

edited September 2016
    McGyver said:

It's hard being stupid all day... But someone has to do it.

....we have a thread in the forums dedicated to stupid..

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/53614/jaderail-is-looking-down-on-the-stupid-thread-x/p1

Post edited by kyoto kid on
    edited September 2016

...on the serious side, for those on the southeast there is a product alert for Blue Bell Ice Creme for possible contamination by Listeria monocytogenes which includes North Carolina, South Carolina and Virginia.

Full alert.

http://www.emergencyemail.org/newsemergency/anmviewer.asp?a=6599&z=63

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,063
    McGyver said:
    DanaTA said:

I never thought about the ceilings, but you are correct...lots of beams and ducts and black paint.  I wonder if it's because it's just easier or if there is some logic to it.

Dana

I'm very disappointed you feel it's okay to not have ceilings... No... Actual I'm very surprised anyone read that post... I'm mostly confused that anyone actually thought about any of that for more then a second or too... What I am disappointed about is that I'm out of tasty prosciutto... Just one thin slice was left and I was forced to eat the wax paper that it was on... Mainly because it was easier than trying to peel it off... That and it tasted like prosciutto... I also bit my finger because it too tasted of that delicious dry-aged pork snack.

I hope you'll reconsider the importance of ceilings and floors and wearing pants in public areas... Wait, that was me without pants... Whatever... Just reconsider something... We all have regrets in life... Like not complementing a freind who has rabies or not buying a two pound sack of prosciutto from that guy in the alley...

But I respect your right to encourage restaurants to provide rafter sanctuaries for displaced opera phantoms and enjoy free range pantslessness... Is that a word?

...I've been told stuff I've written hurts people's brain and makes them sleepy... 

I neither encouraged nor discouraged the lack of ceilings, nor the lack of pants...wait, maybe I discourage that.  Oh, maybe it's just the way they let them hang down and show their briefs.  I digress.​

Nothing you write in here makes me sleepy!  It may make my brain hurt...oh, wait, it makes my bellie hurt...from laughing!

Dana

McGyver said:

Ah yes,  "Brazil"!  Great Terry Gilliam movie.  Pythonish dystopia meets steampunk. smiley

Yay! Someone else besides me and the cast has seen that movie... Nobody ever understands my duct based compliments or critiques... I'll go somewhere and someone will ask, "How was it?" And I'll say, "The food was terrible but they had fantastic duct-work" or "The lines were tremendous, the staff belligerent and their duct work was uninspired"... And maybe once every ten years someone will ask if that was a Brazil reference.

I saw Brazil once...maybe I was not in a good mood, I didn't get a lot of the humor.  I'll have to check it out again sometime.

Dana

...on the bright side  (at least here) a couple late summery days yesterday and today with temps into the 80s. (88° forecast for today).  Then a slow slide downwards to Friday when the rain and much colder temps (barely near 60 with lows in the 40s) move in for the following week.

I am getting a lot of scam spam phone calls.  They are threatening me.

From the headquarters which will get expired in the next twenty four working hours and once again expired after that you will be taking under custody by the local          for serious allegations pressed on your name at this moment  we would request you to get back to us so we can discuss about this case before taking any legal action against you the number to reach us is xxxxxxxxxxxc I repeat xxxxxxxxxx thank you 

That is the transcript my phone did for me on latest call.  It is pretty much what they say verbatim except for giving real numbers instead of xxxxxs  

There's a lot of that going around.  Don't call back.  Just ignore it and delete the message.

Dana

kyoto kid said:

...on the bright side  (at least here) a couple late summery days yesterday and today with temps into the 80s. (88° forecast for today).  Then a slow slide downwards to Friday when the rain and much colder temps (barely near 60 with lows in the 40s) move in for the following week.

It got to a toasty 69 here today.  Yay.  indecision

Dana

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,139
    edited September 2016
    Chohole said:
    McGyver said:

DanaTA said:
    McGyver said:

I saw Brazil once...maybe I was not in a good mood, I didn't get a lot of the humor.  I'll have to check it out again sometime.

Dana

It's Pythonish exaggeration of the horrors of modern/future life.  Not really funny.  It's more "too close to home" or "my kids might grow up in that world" scary!  surprise

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
  • MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

wuh oh my cart balance bigger than my cheqking balance by like 75$ 

DanaTA said:
    kyoto kid said:

It got to a toasty 69 here today.  Yay.  indecision

Dana

tucked fleecy lap blanket  feels good in the 60s temps.  

hafta toss stuff from my cart, cant bear to, want george and his poses, mortven stuff, shark bait stand, valandar stuff

ohhhthepaaaiin

if only i hadnt gone food shopping yesterday, cant even eat, been sick all day

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776

Morning *waves* been having some weather here, lots of flooding a ways outside Melbourne, and worse further north it seems from TV pictures. Going to stay as warm and dry as I can for a few days nao, and eat food that isn't frozen and microwaved erm anytrhing solid will do :)

• A big chunk of a filling just broke off a molar.  Looks like I'm getting warranty work tomorrow.  ugh

ps1borg said:

Morning *waves* been having some weather here, lots of flooding a ways outside Melbourne, and worse further north it seems from TV pictures. Going to stay as warm and dry as I can for a few days nao, and eat food that isn't frozen and microwaved erm anytrhing solid will do :)

hopes is better soonest!

who was the dude said  'you dirty rat' ?

dunno can do the voice with morph vox help

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    MistyMist said:

who was the dude said  'you dirty rat' ?

dunno can do the voice with morph vox help

James Cagney

thanks. couldnt remember his name.

remember these guys? smiley

when did this happen?

Daz connect also supports manual downloading for offline use

MistyMist said:

when did this happen?

Where did you see that?  I suspect that it is actually two different statements.

Dana

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    DanaTA said:
    MistyMist said:

when did this happen?

Where did you see that?  I suspect that it is actually two different statements.

Dana

That feature has been around for a while.

MistyMist said:

...oh yeah.

I remember Ironside was driven around in a modified armoured truck like Brinks would use. Must have got around three gallons per mile. Still liked Mr Burr as Perry Mason better.

DanaTA said:
    MistyMist said:

when did this happen?

Dana

My apologies.  I just noticed it.  Seems to be in conflict with the way DAZ Connect was explained.  I don't bother with DC, though.  So I kind of ignored it, I guess.

Dana

kyoto kid said:
    MistyMist said:

...oh yeah.

I remember Ironside was driven around in a modified armoured truck like Brinks would use. Must have got around three gallons per mile. Still liked Mr Burr as Perry Mason better.

I loved the parody they did on Get Smart.  He played a bad guy, named Lead Bottom.  It was so damn funny!  He couldn't walk.  But when being chased by Maxwell, he got out of the wheelchair and ran!   laugh 

Dana

• Jan19Jan19 Posts: 1,109
    edited September 2016
    McGyver said:
    These are the unimportant issues that matter and I say we unite and solve them in random and confusing manners before history can judge us as the idiots who did nothing for for anyone but ourselves and assorted housecats.

History will judge us for what we do today... Because history is a judgmental jerk and constantly needs to impressed by stuff we do for it.

History is a reflecting pool. laugh  Yes, indeed, there's a lot of history to pick and choose from.

Sorry, Fixmypcmike.  I couldn't find the original post.

Good morning, everybody. :-)

Post edited by Jan19 on
  • Jan19Jan19 Posts: 1,109

Complaint -- is Lilith 7 ever coming out?

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,610
    Jan19 said:

Complaint -- is Lilith 7 ever coming out?

I also want Monique 7

• DanaTA said:
    DanaTA said:
    MistyMist said:

when did this happen?

Dana

My apologies.  I just noticed it.  Seems to be in conflict with the way DAZ Connect was explained.  I don't bother with DC, though.  So I kind of ignored it, I guess.

Dana

No, the installation of DS still needs to have signed on to your account at least once. However, nce that is done you can download two files (a general encrypted content package with the actual content and a license key to tell DS you are entitled to isntall it) via another machine, transfer both to \Data\Cloud\Install and tell DS to install offline packages (which deletes the files from the Install folder, but you can keep back-ups for future use). it doesn't avoid the DRM, but it allows the system to be used mainly offline other than that initial activation.

This discussion has been closed.