The OMG It is 2017 This thread's end is Nigh Complaint Thread.

Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,586
edited January 2017 in The Commons

This discussion was created from comments split from: My Lease Is Nearly Up On The Complaint Thread.

Post edited by Chohole on

Comments

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,586
    edited September 2016

Sweet potatoes or sweat potatoes

Which one is lunch and which one makes no sense?

Post edited by Sfariah D on
  • TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584

Is one of them yamming and the other yammering?

I am so tired.  I want to take a nap. 

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

can post my carrara entry naos smiley

• Jan19Jan19 Posts: 1,109

Hey, new thread. smiley

True to form, I'm gonna haul me in a video.

• Needs more cat pictures.

Chessur.jpg
    285 x 177 - 7K
  • McGyverMcGyver Posts: 6,992

Okay... Not a picture per se... But it is a cat... Sorta...

how do I dock something to the bottom of DS?

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,563

how do I dock something to the bottom of DS?

First, cut a hole in your desk...

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776

Morning. A featureless grey sky giving up so-far gentle rain lost in the carpet of river fog laying like a damp blanket on water-slicked city streets a couple of hours past sunrise  :)

MistyMist said:

can post my carrara entry naos smiley

hey nice the red and yellow looks real good against the rest :)

edited September 2016

c.jpg
    645 x 500 - 65K
    Post edited by ps1borg on

how can I find something when I forgot what I am looking for?

• how can I find something when I forgot what I am looking for?

Statistics show that most of us stop looking for things after we find them.  So, I suggest if you stop looking for whatever it was that you were looking for you will discover that you've already found it.  Problem solved.  You're welcome.

my gianni6 nagging me, he wants a certain jepe product not available in the daz store

there was a male pose rotka  long time ago

ps1borg said:

grumpy cat  cool

Statistics show that most of us stop looking for things after we find them.  So, I suggest if you stop looking for whatever it was that you were looking for you will discover that you've already found it.  Problem solved.  You're welcome.

is usually found in the very last place looked 

complaaaaiiinnnt - my piece of red velvet cake tastes like lemon, waited all day for this moment, me, cake, cup o tea

MistyMist said:

my gianni6 nagging me, he wants a certain jepe product not available in the daz store

there was a male pose rotka  long time ago

It still exists.

• srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241

I would like to thank whomever changed the title of this thread again so I don't have to think about the old title every time I check this forum, must less stress now.

It was a tutorial I was looking for and I found it but all that searching made me exhausted so I did not watch it.

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 6,992
    edited September 2016

It was a tutorial I was looking for and I found it but all that searching made me exhausted so I did not watch it.

I find way too many (video) tutorials to be excellent sleep aids... Or the cause of serious frustration.

I want to know how to weld a vertex in a particular program, so after watching five fifteen minute long videos that don't really show what they claim they'll show, I find one that does... Sorta... But it's twenty minutes long and by the time the guy gets to the point after having gone through the history of the tool and why he likes his tablet pen, he finally gets to the point I started watching for... For the whole video he was talking like droopy dog, but then suddenly the caffeine from what I can only guess was 12 double espressos kicks in and he starts zipping the cursor around here and there and talking a mile a minute and BAM... "So that's it... Hope you like the video!...." 

I'm already partly brainlocked and numb from the previous videos, but that just shuts my brain down completely... I keep trying to reverse to the point where he starts explaining what I need to know, but being a YouTube video it either goes way before or way after, and being near the end it keeps going to the next video if I go too far and when it does I have to start over and then I have to wait for the same damn commercial to try and sell me car or cow insurance for the mandatory first couple of seconds which is just sealing the deal that I now hate the insurance company and will never buy their cow insurance... 

Why does the simplest thing have to be a video?  

Once upon a time people wrote stuff instead of creating videos for everything.

How to weld a vertex in Slappy3D:  Select vertices to weld... In the menu bar at top of screen, go to- OPTIONS... In drop down menu go to- GLUE... In that drop down click - JOIN... In that drop down- JOIN VERTICES... 

Slappy3D is not real but a metaphor for most software (especially paid) that comes sans instructions, or long ago let their tutorial links expire and now rely on YouTube to solve their instructional needs

One does not need a fifteen minute long video that covers turning on the computer (seriously, one guy actually starts the video without having the program open... And then it won't open right away and he is puzzled by that), to do one simple thing that is less then a paragraph of info.

Why is it that as technology becomes more powerful and holds the potential to improve our lives and make information, and learning, better and smoother, humans take those gains and potential and muck it up so as its either hardly better then before or just plain complicated and terrible... ?

We are going to be so screwed eventually... Sometimes I see the laziness of people manifest in certain ways and it's not so hard to envision the evolution and consequences of certain behaviors... The Twittery textspeak and YouTubish desire to forego written explanations, makes me wonder what language will be like in a hundred years... Will at some not too distant point everything become abbreviations, icons and videos? Will only handfuls of "traditionalists" even bother to know how to write, and aside from them, just scholars, scientists and tech-elite will be the only ones to hold these skills... And the "common man" will just go the path of least resistance, letting technology hold his hand for everything... It's gonna really suck should a solar EMP or some disaster take away that technology... It'll be a new Dark Ages, while society reorganizes.

Ooooh... I found pound cake! Gotta go!

Post edited by McGyver on
  • McGyver said:

Why is it that as technology becomes more powerful and holds the potential to improve our lives and make information, and learning, better and smoother, humans take those gains and potential and muck it up so as its either hardly better then before or just plain complicated and terrible... ?

We are going to be so screwed eventually... Sometimes I see the laziness of people manifest in certain ways and it's not so hard to envision the evolution and consequences of certain behaviors... The Twittery textspeak and YouTubish desire to forego written explanations, makes me wonder what language will be like in a hundred years... Will at some not too distant point everything become abbreviations, icons and videos? Will only handfuls of "traditionalists" even bother to know how to write, and aside from them, just scholars, scientists and tech-elite will be the only ones to hold these skills... And the "common man" will just go the path of least resistance, letting technology hold his hand for everything... It's gonna really suck should a solar EMP or some disaster take away that technology... It'll be a new Dark Ages, while society reorganizes.

"Idiocracy": We see it coming.  Our grandkids will live it. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0387808/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Idiocracy

McGyver said:

Will only handfuls of "traditionalists" even bother to know how to write, and aside from them, just scholars, scientists and tech-elite will be the only ones to hold these skills... And the "common man" will just go the path of least resistance, letting technology hold his hand for everything... It's gonna really suck should a solar EMP or some disaster take away that technology... It'll be a new Dark Ages, while society reorganizes.

I figure everything will be mind to mind, at some point, just like it was a few milleniums ago. laugh

Sweet potatoes or sweat potatoes

Which one is lunch and which one makes no sense?

Neither of 'em make sense. :-)  Sweet potatoes.  Very nasty.  Especially roasted with possum. surprise

edited September 2016
    ps1borg said:

I'm drinkin' it.  smiley  Get over it, cat.

Post edited by Jan19 on
    McGyver said:

"Idiocracy": We see it coming.  Our grandkids will live it. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0387808/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Idiocracy

You mean we aren't there yet?

McGyver said:

I find way too many (video) tutorials to be excellent sleep aids... Or the cause of serious frustration.

I want to know how to weld a vertex in a particular program, so after watching five fifteen minute long videos that don't really show what they claim they'll show, I find one that does... Sorta... But it's twenty minutes long and by the time the guy gets to the point after having gone through the history of the tool and why he likes his tablet pen, he finally gets to the point I started watching for... For the whole video he was talking like droopy dog, but then suddenly the caffeine from what I can only guess was 12 double espressos kicks in and he starts zipping the cursor around here and there and talking a mile a minute and BAM... "So that's it... Hope you like the video!...." 

I'm already partly brainlocked and numb from the previous videos, but that just shuts my brain down completely... I keep trying to reverse to the point where he starts explaining what I need to know, but being a YouTube video it either goes way before or way after, and being near the end it keeps going to the next video if I go too far and when it does I have to start over and then I have to wait for the same damn commercial to try and sell me car or cow insurance for the mandatory first couple of seconds which is just sealing the deal that I now hate the insurance company and will never buy their cow insurance... 

Why does the simplest thing have to be a video?  

Once upon a time people wrote stuff instead of creating videos for everything.

How to weld a vertex in Slappy3D:  Select vertices to weld... In the menu bar at top of screen, go to- OPTIONS... In drop down menu go to- GLUE... In that drop down click - JOIN... In that drop down- JOIN VERTICES... 

Slappy3D is not real but a metaphor for most software (especially paid) that comes sans instructions, or long ago let their tutorial links expire and now rely on YouTube to solve their instructional needs

One does not need a fifteen minute long video that covers turning on the computer (seriously, one guy actually starts the video without having the program open... And then it won't open right away and he is puzzled by that), to do one simple thing that is less then a paragraph of info.

do you wanna know how to weld 2 verts in carrara? the carrara forum very helpful!

asked for a stopper at starbucks.  
    only been an hour my latte almost cold already.  
    if i'd gotten an iced latte, it would prolly be warm by now.

do i wanna know what my resting face looks like? sounds scary

sale complaint - why is it the females are in the free picks, but never the males?!!!

i not gonna waste money on a new release if the motivation not motivating.

This discussion has been closed.