SITE UPDATES, ANNOUNCEMENTS, AND CUSTOMER SERVICE INFORMATION

Comments

• MarcuseMarcuse Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Thanks again ! There are three in all, but basically the same as this one only with different titles in the middle....

ps_ac2229b_CelestialPak.exe

• GigabeatGigabeat Posts: 164
    edited December 1969

Thought it was safe to shop again but noooooo.
    Now have items "Pending" in "My Downloadable Products" for half a day now.
    Is this another one of the store bad bugs / glitches / etc ??
    How long till the pending items are available? is it soon? or is it a Daz "soon"?

• DAZ_ann0314DAZ_ann0314 Posts: 2,783
    edited December 1969

GigaBeat said:
    How long till the pending items are available? is it soon? or is it a Daz "soon"?

The pending issue has been a come and go kinda issue that was bad and happened to many people the first few days of the store opening but then worked on and now seems to happen intermittently and not as often. It is tied into the weird caching issues etc in some cases and in others is due to the order hanging for some reason on the store side. You could attempt to follow the instructions I put in my main post of this thread (about mid way down, titles in red) and see if that resolves it. If it doesn't then you will need to put in a ticket through Zendesk most likely. Though the instructions listed in my post seem to be resolving it in most cases.

• miscmisc Posts: 1
    edited December 1969

Will I'm sure I'm not alone.

Downloaded the latest Bryce 7 Pro for Mac from your website a few days ago, also provided no serial #s to register, checked online knowledge base finding this link with reference #s to use for registration.

Only problem, my Mac Bryce 7 Pro crashes when it tries to register?

I'm using the latest Mac OS Lion and hopefully someone can help. Thanks Sorli...

• namffuaknamffuak Posts: 4,040
    edited December 1969

What category do I use in Mantis to report a web-site issue? The closest category I can see is "DAZ Web Search".

I just tried to add all of my wishlist items to my cart (3 items) and got this traceback and error:

There has been an error processing your request

SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 1205 Lock wait timeout exceeded; try restarting transaction

Trace:
    #0 /var/www/html/magento.daz3d.com/lib/Varien/Db/Statement/Pdo/Mysql.php(110): Zend_Db_Statement_Pdo->_execute(Array)
    #1 /var/www/html/magento.daz3d.com/lib/Zend/Db/Statement.php(300): Varien_Db_Statement_Pdo_Mysql->_execute(Array)
    #2 /var/www/html/magento.daz3d.com/lib/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(479): Zend_Db_Statement->execute(Array)
    #3 /var/www/html/magento.daz3d.com/lib/Zend/Db/Adapter/Pdo/Abstract.php(238): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query('UPDATE `sales_f...', Array)
    #4 /var/www/html/magento.daz3d.com/lib/Varien/Db/Adapter/Pdo/Mysql.php(389): Zend_Db_Adapter_Pdo_Abstract->query('UPDATE `sales_f...', Array)
    #5 /var/www/html/magento.daz3d.com/lib/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(632): Varien_Db_Adapter_Pdo_Mysql->query('UPDATE `sales_f...', Array)
    #6 /var/www/html/magento.daz3d.com/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Resource/Db/Abstract.php(428): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->update('sales_flat_quot...', Array, 'entity_id='3314...')
    #7 /var/www/html/magento.daz3d.com/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Abstract.php(318): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Db_Abstract->save(Object(Mage_Sales_Model_Quote))
    #8 /var/www/html/magento.daz3d.com/app/code/core/Mage/Checkout/Model/Cart.php(430): Mage_Core_Model_Abstract->save()
    #9 /var/www/html/magento.daz3d.com/app/code/core/Mage/Wishlist/Controller/Abstract.php(189): Mage_Checkout_Model_Cart->save()
    #10 /var/www/html/magento.daz3d.com/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Action.php(420): Mage_Wishlist_Controller_Abstract->allcartAction()
    #11 /var/www/html/magento.daz3d.com/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Router/Standard.php(250): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Action->dispatch('allcart')
    #12 /var/www/html/magento.daz3d.com/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Front.php(176): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Router_Standard->match(Object(Mage_Core_Controller_Request_Http))
    #13 /var/www/html/magento.daz3d.com/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/App.php(349): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Front->dispatch()
    #14 /var/www/html/magento.daz3d.com/app/Mage.php(640): Mage_Core_Model_App->run(Array)
    #15 /var/www/html/magento.daz3d.com/index.php(80): Mage::run('', 'store')
    #16 {main}

Error log record number: 573053834188

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

If your order shows as complete but downloads say pending, go to your Itemized Order History and reset the items, then the downloads will be available.

edited December 1969

misc said:
    Will I'm sure I'm not alone.

Downloaded the latest Bryce 7 Pro for Mac from your website a few days ago, also provided no serial #s to register, checked online knowledge base finding this link with reference #s to use for registration.

Only problem, my Mac Bryce 7 Pro crashes when it tries to register?

I'm using the latest Mac OS Lion and hopefully someone can help. Thanks Sorli...

Bryce currently does not work under Lion.

• Martin_CMartin_C Posts: 164
    edited December 1969

I'm not sure if it belongs here, but since the login/checkout/cache/whatever problems seems to be cross-related, I thought I add it here. Apologizes if it is wrong, since it is a forum-bug rather than a store-bug.

I discovered that there actually is a separate forum-login page, and that doesn't work at all for me. It is rarely shown, but if it appears, it fails. The difference to the store login is that my "forum name" is already filled in. This page doesn't work, no matter if I keep the forum name or enter my email, both versions get rejected. Once this page shows, I'm stuck anyway. Whenever I hit "Login" (top right) it directly opens my account page. In this case I need to delete all cookies in order to get back to the forum.

So the only way to post in the forums seems to be:
    - first log into the account/shop
    - then open any forum page
    This seems to be a "bridge" for logging me into the forum.
    However, once I end up in any forum page without being logged in, there is no escape:
    1) When I was already logged in the shop, then "Login" gets me directly in the Account, and the Forum still fails
    2) When I wasn't already logged in the shop, the forum displays this "other" login-page, and that won't recognize me.

edited December 1969

Martin_C said:
    I'm not sure if it belongs here, but since the login/checkout/cache/whatever problems seems to be cross-related, I thought I add it here. Apologizes if it is wrong, since it is a forum-bug rather than a store-bug.

I discovered that there actually is a separate forum-login page, and that doesn't work at all for me. It is rarely shown, but if it appears, it fails. The difference to the store login is that my "forum name" is already filled in. This page doesn't work, no matter if I keep the forum name or enter my email, both versions get rejected. Once this page shows, I'm stuck anyway. Whenever I hit "Login" (top right) it directly opens my account page. In this case I need to delete all cookies in order to get back to the forum.

So the only way to post in the forums seems to be:
    - first log into the account/shop
    - then open any forum page
    This seems to be a "bridge" for logging me into the forum.
    However, once I end up in any forum page without being logged in, there is no escape:
    1) When I was already logged in the shop, then "Login" gets me directly in the Account, and the Forum still fails
    2) When I wasn't already logged in the shop, the forum displays this "other" login-page, and that won't recognize me.

I've heard people say that if the forum thinks they're logged out, they have to go to the store, log out, and log back in to get the forum to recognize them as logged in.

• DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 2,882
    edited June 2012

I know this weekend there were some glitches with it, with no one getting PC pricing. That seems to be fixed.

But there are still some new DAZ Original items (less than two weeks old) that, as far as I can tell, I'm only getting the PC discount on. Now if it were a matter of nothing was on sale until it was fixed, that would be acceptable, but there are other, older, items (mostly the super suit, but one or two others as well) where my discount appears to be in line with Sale Price + PC discount. (Perhaps old formula, but the two discounts still apply.)

So did the pricing actually get fixed, or is that still a WIP?

There are a couple of things I'm interested in getting, but until I know what's going on with the pricing, I don't want to buy them only to have the pricing "fixed" and then have to add to the backlog of sales support tickets. :)

Post edited by DaWaterRat on
  • PoserMagicPoserMagic Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Just had to update, thanks to DAZ_ann0314 I have now gotten my dls from my May 18th purchase!!! Thanks again

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,189
    edited December 1969

Glad it got worked out for you.

• GigabeatGigabeat Posts: 164
    edited December 1969

GigaBeat said:

The pending issue has been a come and go kinda issue that was bad and happened to many people the first few days of the store opening but then worked on and now seems to happen intermittently and not as often. It is tied into the weird caching issues etc in some cases and in others is due to the order hanging for some reason on the store side. You could attempt to follow the instructions I put in my main post of this thread (about mid way down, titles in red) and see if that resolves it. If it doesn't then you will need to put in a ticket through Zendesk most likely. Though the instructions listed in my post seem to be resolving it in most cases.

Thanks for the informative response. My items are now available. WooHoo! happy happy joy joy!
    I really hope Daz get all these store issues finished soon. It's really not good for business.

• ledheadledhead Posts: 1,586
    edited December 1969

I would like to purchase newly released items that I feel should not be released until the major issues with the store are fixed, but obviously DAZ believes the store is fine, otherwise they would fix the issues before releasing anything else.

My problem is, I do not believe we are getting the correct price. Should there be a sale price on new items and then PC members get a further percentage off from the sale price? If that is the case, then I don't believe these newly released items are priced correctly. I would love to purchase some of them, but not at the expense of "the store is screwed up so we can not give you the discounted price that you would normally get".

Hell, I can't even see most of the new releases anyway because the paging is so screwed up. The only way I could purchase the Supersuit Cape & Belt was to type in the name in the search box, I was unable to find them in the store and still do not see them under new releases (I have refreshed the page and see newer items, but still do not see all of the new items).

I do not understand why the store continues to operate as though nothing is wrong with it. I have purchased items with no problem, but the shopping experience is frustrating and am I paying the correct price, I have no idea. If I am paying more than I should, will I get store credit or will it just never be spoken of and I just get screwed out of money?

I'm not trying to bitch here, I am just trying to understand why?

• videoblissvideobliss Posts: 1
    edited December 1969

Should we be getting responses from the Zen Desk now? I placed an order that appeared to hang, so I placed it again and ended up with a double order. I tried emailing [email protected], but it bounced. I contacted Zen Desk a week ago, but haven't heard anything yet.

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,189
    edited June 2012

Be patient. They are severely backed up and working overtime to try to get caught up.

Post edited by frank0314 on
  • T JaimanT Jaiman Posts: 560
    edited June 2012

Ledhead said:
    Hell, I can't even see most of the new releases anyway because the paging is so screwed up. The only way I could purchase the Supersuit Cape & Belt was to type in the name in the search box, I was unable to find them in the store and still do not see them under new releases (I have refreshed the page and see newer items, but still do not see all of the new items).
    Did you try:
    http://www.daz3d.com/shop/people?cat=2&limit=60
    That should show you everything.
    I do not understand why the store continues to operate as though nothing is wrong with it. I have purchased items with no problem, but the shopping experience is frustrating and am I paying the correct price, I have no idea. If I am paying more than I should, will I get store credit or will it just never be spoken of and I just get screwed out of money?

I don't know how to ensure you're getting the right price. You'd have 30 days to get the difference refunded... one would hope the pricing would be fixed by then. I log in in Firefox, and compare to the same page, on IE, to see if I get the PC discount, but that won't account for other goofyness.

Buying is optional. One hopes they'll extend the sales, after this gets fixed.
    I'm not trying to bitch here, I am just trying to understand why?
    Problem is, the bugs don't show up unless there's a lot of load on the site. So if they don't show up, they can't hunt them.

The problem with that, is the burden that'll continue to put on support, after the bugs are over.
    (And it's no fun for us).

Post edited by T Jaiman on
  • DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,063
    edited December 1969

OK, last night I got the Hover Tank. The cart hung while completing the order, but I checked in another tab and it was in my downloads, so I downloaded it and closed the other tab. I just noticed that it says that item is still in my cart waiting to check out. I'm afraid to remove it, because I don't know what that will do to my order history...will it screw it up? I don't know. And I don't want to take a chance.

Dana

edited December 1969

UPDATE FOR THOSE THAT STILL HAVE PENDING CUSTOMER SERVICE TICKETS:

From Britney Creek:
    We have our hands full, but we are working as fast as we can to get all of our Tickets resolved, and customers happy. Tickets will be all caught up and answered by Friday. I will make sure that happens. Thank you so much for your patience.

edited December 1969

DanaTA said:
    OK, last night I got the Hover Tank. The cart hung while completing the order, but I checked in another tab and it was in my downloads, so I downloaded it and closed the other tab. I just noticed that it says that item is still in my cart waiting to check out. I'm afraid to remove it, because I don't know what that will do to my order history...will it screw it up? I don't know. And I don't want to take a chance.

Dana

Have you tried doing a hard refresh on your browser to see if it disappears on its own when you are in the physical cart? I know they worked on the site last night (which as of today seems to have resolved the issue people were facing in getting their order e-mails etc. So it could be when you checked out it was at the same time the update went through and it hung the cart a moment and then cached it.

That should fix it. It happened to me the other day and I am pretty sure I did a hard refresh on the browser and then logged out and back in or something and it was gone. If that doesn't work, let me know! :)

edited December 1969

DanaTA said:

Dana

Have you tried doing a hard refresh on your browser to see if it disappears on its own when you are in the physical cart? I know they worked on the site last night (which as of today seems to have resolved the issue people were facing in getting their order e-mails etc. So it could be when you checked out it was at the same time the update went through and it hung the cart a moment and then cached it.

That should fix it. It happened to me the other day and I am pretty sure I did a hard refresh on the browser and then logged out and back in or something and it was gone. If that doesn't work, let me know! :)

I tried "hard refresh", don't know if it's the same as with IE (I'm using FireFox)...is it Shift plus refresh? Anyway, tried that, cleared the cash, logged out and back in...it still says My Cart(1). And the hover tank is still there if I open the cart. If it's already in my order history, can I just remove it?

Dana

edited December 1969

I reset a couple of Dream Home things that didn't install. They are now zip files! Yay! Except, the file name is only a number. That's kind of tough on you if you had more than one product to download. I hope that will be fixed. You won't know what you're installing. Sometimes I wait to install certain things. I suppose once you look inside the zip file it becomes obvious. But I think a lot of people will be confused or unsettled by this.

Dana

• edited June 2012

DanaTA said:
    And the hover tank is still there if I open the cart. If it's already in my order history, can I just remove it?

Yeah. That actually happened with my last order. If you have it in your downloads, you can safely drop it from the cart. For some reason, the cart doesn't always update back to empty after a sale. I suspect it may be a server-side caching issue, like that weird 'Are you [somebody totally else]?' bug.

Post edited by thinmick_3ecd3939f1 on
    edited December 1969

I removed it from my cart.

I have another question...what is that manifest.dsx file? It is in every zip file and it is a different size, so it's obviously different content. But having the same name, it will overwrite the last one if you let it, or not get put there if you don't. Does it have something to do with the as yet released download manager?

Dana

edited December 1969

DanaTA said:
    I removed it from my cart.

I have another question...what is that manifest.dsx file? It is in every zip file and it is a different size, so it's obviously different content. But having the same name, it will overwrite the last one if you let it, or not get put there if you don't. Does it have something to do with the as yet released download manager?

Dana

That's my assumption, but I don't have any hard info.

edited June 2012

jsma2012 said:
    Thanks again ! There are three in all, but basically the same as this one only with different titles in the middle....

Sorry it took so long, I hope you find my reply.

Sounds like we're back to the corruption thing, then. That might be that older type of installer that just won't run.

When you ran FixDaz, it should've made new files. You use those to install.

If it didn't make new files, then you should go back to the thread, and make sure you're doing it right.
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/865/

For output, I browsed back to the directory, and clicked the original file, again, to get the name. Then I added _fixed to the name. Or a person could rename the original to _Broken, then erase that for the output file.

And If that doesn't work, you should delete your browser's cache, and download again.

Post edited by T Jaiman on
  • MarcuseMarcuse Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

T Jaiman said:
    jsma2012 said:

Sorry it took so long, I hope you find my reply.

Sounds like we're back to the corruption thing, then. That might be that older type of installer that just won't run.

When you ran FixDaz, it should've made new files. You use those to install.

If it didn't make new files, then you should go back to the thread, and make sure you're doing it right.
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/865/

For output, I browsed back to the directory, and clicked the original file, again, to get the name. Then I added _fixed to the name. Or a person could rename the original to _Broken, then erase that for the output file.

And If that doesn't work, you should delete your browser's cache, and download again.

Thanks. I did the FixDaz orginally ok and all 3 came up with Done and although I leave Firefox on "never remember browser history" I've just cleared the browser cache again and tried downloading but still the same problem when clicking on Run, nothing. A bit too complicated the -fixed thing as I've never done it before and as I've got a ticket in and just read somewhere they're hoping to sort things out by Friday best I wait till then I think. Thanks again for your help, definitely shan't be buying any more till this is fully sorted though.

edited December 1969

Yeah, the files will always be there, and the download bug won't.

I wouldn't buy any more, either, if I was getting problems. (And I'm not pushing my luck very often).

• Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,331
    edited December 1969

UPDATE FOR THOSE THAT STILL HAVE PENDING CUSTOMER SERVICE TICKETS:

From Britney Creek:
    We have our hands full, but we are working as fast as we can to get all of our Tickets resolved, and customers happy. Tickets will be all caught up and answered by Friday. I will make sure that happens. Thank you so much for your patience.

Thanks for the update, Ann and Britney! We know you're swamped...keep up the good work! :)

• beregarberegar Posts: 245
    edited December 1969

What I don't get it why some products have price of $0 but when I add them into cart there's actual price. I.e. Sweet Dreams sghows $0.00 but when I add it into cart it's $6.25.

Actually I couldn't even see any newer products than that until I hit refresh on browser. Then I realized there has been plenty of new releases since then but I still can't see some of the new releases listed on commons. :-S