Ice Dragon Art WIP's

Comments

• Wow, only 24%. It looks fantastic.

I know right?  It wasn't me lol. 

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548
    edited September 2016

A small village high in the sky in the country of Akasa Gahari on the world of Pantasya.  This village floats above the outer most ring of a small series of islands on the outskirts of the Great Sea.  This small, seemingly insignificant village will play an important role in the rest of the story (more to come I have to leave work and go to a meeting tonight and don't have time to flesh it out right this second lol.)

Vilna Skyene A Village in Akasa Gahari.jpg
    1900 x 1520 - 2M
    Post edited by IceDragonArt on
  • 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287

Ohhh cool! A floating village! That's awesome, Sonja! What's the name of the village? Or is that still being fleshed out? :)

• As a matter of fact it does have a name.  Vilna Skyene

• My entry into Septembers DOF New User Contest

• Im going to be mostly off line this weekend so if I don't respond I promise I am not ignoring anyone.

Beautiful work Dragon! Can someone link me to the contest? I keep wanting to sponsor, but never find the competition thread in time.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

It's always the announcement threads at the top of the New Users Contest forum  http://www.daz3d.com/forums/categories/new-user-contests-and-events

Frank0314 sorts out the PA sponsors. (he is part of Art Collab)  I will ask him to get in touch with you.

My entry into Septembers DOF New User Contest

Wow! Stunning work, Sonja! 

• Chohole said:

It's always the announcement threads at the top of the New Users Contest forum  http://www.daz3d.com/forums/categories/new-user-contests-and-events

Frank0314 sorts out the PA sponsors. (he is part of Art Collab)  I will ask him to get in touch with you.

Thanks chohole! I've sponsored before and would like to do it again. Anyway, i'm hijacking dragons thread here, i'll duck out, cheers!

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,342

My entry into Septembers DOF New User Contest

Beautiful work Dragon! Can someone link me to the contest? I keep wanting to sponsor, but never find the competition thread in time.

I sent you a PM.

• Really nice entry, Sonja! I like how the hair looks very active in the wind behind her. Nice job on the DOF!  :)

That's really well done, Sonja!

Excellent work with the hair and DOF.

• Thanks everyone!  DOF was something that I really was struggling with, this months contest really helped to clarify some things.  I appreciate all the kind words!  @kindredarts you are welcome to hi jack anytime, I am perfectly okay with conversations on my thread lol

edited September 2016

Night Shift

Night Shift.jpg
    1094 x 1094 - 758K
  • LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,795

Seems you got the DOF working just fine for you now! Once you got that it becomes rather addictive.

Is the nightshift lady Isabis in iray? Seems the skin is far darker than in 3delight, but sho got some nice playthings with her. Nice work on the glow!

edited September 2016

Yes it is Isibis in Iray.  The only glow I actually tweaked was the one coming from the console. The eyes and the head gear, the glow is from the prop and nothing I did.It was a bit of trial and error to find hair that wouldn't cover the electronics on her head.  Even Omri Hair covers it up

I can totally see being addicted to DOF now that I know what to look for.  Its a really handy tool!

• Nice image!  I haven't tried using that yet.  I'll have to keep that hair in mind.  I'm betting that buzz cut hair would work well with that implant, too.  I wonder what hair that was in the promo?  I went back and looked, but that hair isn't listed so I'm not sure if it was a custom hair or one available at Rendo.  I may have to go looking for it if I don't have any decent hairs or maybe try to make one of my own.

• Nice image!  I haven't tried using that yet.  I'll have to keep that hair in mind.  I'm betting that buzz cut hair would work well with that implant, too.  I wonder what hair that was in the promo?  I went back and looked, but that hair isn't listed so I'm not sure if it was a custom hair or one available at Rendo.  I may have to go looking for it if I don't have any decent hairs or maybe try to make one of my own.

Let me know if you find it, I would be most interested.

edited September 2016

A quick test render of baby Luna.  I was pleasantly surprised, her promo renders don't do her justice.  I converted everything to Iray.

Baby Luna Test.png
    1236 x 2000 - 3M

Let me know if you find it, I would be most interested.

I'll be sure to let you know!  :)

• KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191
    edited September 2016

I was checking out Rendo to see if I could find that hair today.  I think it might possibly be this one.  It's by Out of Touch.

Clicking on the picture should take you directly there to the store if I've done the link correctly.  It looks like it is like a mohawk and the hair can be put on either side.  There aren't any pictures of the wind morphs so I can't tell 100% for sure if this is it or not, but it looks really close.  It says it's for V4.  I could not find anything close for G3F.  There is a coupon for 35% off a $10 purchase storewide until the 30 th so I have it in my cart for now.  I'm going to try and make my own hair for it first and see if I can come up with anything good before I decide to actually buy this hair.  I'll let you know how I do.

edit: forgot for a second you aren't suppose to link to there.  Just go to OOT store and look for Bad Girl Hair, though.

Post edited by Knittingmommy on
  • I'm also thinking that Chace Hair for G3 and G2, here in the store, might do well and I already have it.

• I like both of those actually.  I already used my 35% off, I wonder if I can use it again.... Sometimes they are single use coupons.  But I will put them both in my wishlist as I just blew the last of my budget on todays brows and make ups in the Daz store.  God, they are killing me....

• For the record that coupon is NOT a single use coupon you can use it more than once.

• For the record that coupon is NOT a single use coupon you can use it more than once.

Good to know.  I hadn't looked that far into it as I want to try other things before buying another hair.

• LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,795

The hair I used here http://www.daz3d.com/gallery/#images/212461/ is the Edit hair for g3m  but this only goes for one side, and the other one I tried was this one http://www.daz3d.com/pure-hair-punk, which falls to the other side, its for genesis but fits rather nicely on all heads I ever tried, similar goes for the Viking male hair http://www.daz3d.com/viking-male-hair-for-genesis-and-genesis-2-males

• You know I looked at the edit hair ( I haven't picked it up yet) when I was looking for something as well.  Will have to add that to the wishlist as well it seems to be pretty versatile.I don't think I've ever seen the pure hair punk, that one looks very cool as well. I do have the viking male hair.

• Linwelly said:

The hair I used here http://www.daz3d.com/gallery/#images/212461/ is the Edit hair for g3m  but this only goes for one side, and the other one I tried was this one http://www.daz3d.com/pure-hair-punk, which falls to the other side, its for genesis but fits rather nicely on all heads I ever tried, similar goes for the Viking male hair http://www.daz3d.com/viking-male-hair-for-genesis-and-genesis-2-males

You know I have all of those hairs, too!  I'll have to give them a try and see what I like best.  Thanks for the suggestions!

A quick test render of baby Luna.  I was pleasantly surprised, her promo renders don't do her justice.  I converted everything to Iray.

Dawwww! How adorable! What a great render!

This discussion has been closed.