Ice Dragon Art WIP's

Comments

• A quick test render of baby Luna.  I was pleasantly surprised, her promo renders don't do her justice.  I converted everything to Iray.

Dawwww! How adorable! What a great render!

Just noticed I need to fix the texture on her blanket.  I was really hesitant to buy her for some reason her promo renders just kind of creeped me out (no offence to whomever did those, I'm sure its just me, I have been told I am sometimes not quite right lol). But she has more than several morph options for girls and boys and is much cuter than I thought she would be.

• No, it isn't just you.  I haven't bought her for the same reason.  I have to say you image is much better than the others I've seen with her.  

• No, it isn't just you.  I haven't bought her for the same reason.  I have to say you image is much better than the others I've seen with her.  

Thanks!  I was honestly surprised lol.

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548
    edited September 2016

Captured

Captured Fairy.png
    1236 x 2000 - 2M
    Post edited by IceDragonArt on
  • Captured

How rude! Cool concept and render.

- Greg

• Nothing like a cute fairy in a jar for your very own! ;)  Very cool render!

• Thank you both!  I want to take it into photo shop and play with some filters as well.  I've been keeping an eye on KM's cool stuff as well s the NPI thread and finally came up with something I wanted to try it on lol.

edited October 2016

Just had to try out the new housecat...

HiveWire Cat.png
    1236 x 2000 - 4M
  • algovincianalgovincian Posts: 2,583
    edited October 2016

Freddie approves ;)

- Greg

DSC_0163.jpg
    640 x 428 - 224K
    Post edited by algovincian on

Awww Freddie is super cute!  I have a mat with more white that looks almost exactyl like him

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

Freddie could be a close relative of Steffi

Good grief they are practically twins!

• dreamfarmerdreamfarmer Posts: 2,128

I love the fairy in the jar, especially the way the light off her antennae interacts with the glass. But man, that poor fairy, she just keeps getting into trouble.

Thank you!  Well, you see this particular fairy is kinda nosy, which tends to get her into a trouble every now and again...

• All cute kitties!  Mine looks nothing them!  She's a calico.  Does it have a calico mat?

All cute kitties!  Mine looks nothing them!  She's a calico.  Does it have a calico mat?

Not yet but they have said there are a lot more textures to come.  And the big cat textures will work on the house cat as well.  Plus, if you buy during the promo period you will get the kitten free on release.

edited October 2016

A bit more practice with DOF.  For some reason I could not get the markers to show.  I had found a way to turn the panels for the dof into a white plane which made things way easeir but for some reason it refused to work. Even the top down view was not playing nicely.  I had the worst time getting her hands positioned too. I may go back and shring the gun down 5% and see if that helps.

Urban Warfare.jpg
    1236 x 988 - 766K
  • Make sure you have the camera selected in the Scene window for the markers to show.   That's bitten me a couple of time.

• Just had to try out the new housecat...

Where's that from?  Hivewire?

Make sure you have the camera selected in the Scene window for the markers to show.   That's bitten me a couple of time.

Ya I double checked, I almost never use perspective view anymore and prefer to work with the cameras.  I got it done anyway, I just spent a lot of time spot rendering lol.

Just had to try out the new housecat...

Where's that from?  Hivewire?

Yes

edited October 2016

So I finally got a chance to play with the Nik filters in photo shop.  Killer migraine so actually putting together a scene was so not going to happen lol.  Clicking on different filters was do able.  The first one is the original which you all have already scene but I figured it would be easier to compare.  Opinions are welcome. Well the last one won't load (which was one of my faves of course lol.)  I can see how Nik filters and Filter Forge can quickly become an important arsenal of tools.  I also picked up the linerender9000. Mostly because I love to color line art and every time I see something done with this tool I want to whip it into photo shop and start painting lol.

Captured Fairy Warm Classic Camera.jpg
    1236 x 2000 - 250K
    Captured Fairy Vintage with Color.jpg
    1236 x 2000 - 269K
    Captured Fairy.png
    1236 x 2000 - 2M
  • Nice effects.  I'm partial to the last one of the three.

Nice effects.  I'm partial to the last one of the three.

Ya it an amped up warm filter that really brings out the green. I'm hoping that the third one will load tomorrow, I know they are still having issues with photos in the gallery etc.  And I barely scratched the surface.

• I like both.  I'm kind of partial to the kind of black and white one with just that touch of color, but I like the other one, too.  I always have a hard time figuring out my favorites when I see more than one option, especially when they are all good.

I had blast playing with them, almost forgot about the migraine for a bit lol.  I'm off to try and sleep it off, I always wait til I can't stand it anymore before I take the meds, because a. I hate taking meds period, I am trying to clean up my body not load it up with toxins and b. the crap makes me really tired which can carry over to the next day. and c. I really resent the fact that I might lose even more of my limited free time to sleeping because of the meds.  Sadly, sometimes if nothing else works, I have no choice.  so I am off to go suck it up and take the meds lol.

• I hope you are better come morning!  Careful, playing with those filters can become addicting!

• dracorndracorn Posts: 2,333

I just saw your entry for this month's contest.  Looks great, Sonja!

Thank you!  I am super pleased with it although its not what I started out to make lol.

My first entry into this months newbie contest. If you are new or newish to Daz studio you should come over and join us.  Great place to learn a lot.

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,869

Doesn't look newbie to me yes

This discussion has been closed.