SITE UPDATES, ANNOUNCEMENTS, AND CUSTOMER SERVICE INFORMATION

Comments

• LEI1LEI1 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Any idea when those of us who've been stuck with Pending Authorizations for more than two weeks … will see a resolution? I'm at my wits end. I've emailed Customer Service since back when we were given that support @ daz3d.com address … STILL HAVE NOT HEARD A THING. No email saying my message was received, no notification that a ticket has been filed now that zendesk is back.

On other threads I've noted more than a few people with recent issues, who submitted to Zendesk and got a fix and/or reply in a matter of days. Yet we were told if we've emailed support already, not to submit a duplicate ticket to zendesk because staff will do it for us. That would be great, if it were true. How long am I expected to just sit around with this hold on my account and no answers? Another two weeks, a month?? :ahhh:

• TimotheusTimotheus Posts: 236
    edited December 1969

If you are having an issue with Download Links not working (or some working and some not) this is a known issue they are currently working on and will be fixed soon. We apologize for any inconvenience and want you to know we are working to resolve this issue as quickly as possible. Once resolved, the links in your account should then work.

Is there no update whatsoever on this issue? There are other items I would like to purchase, but I'm still waiting to download a product I purchased last week. Not sure I want to hand over more money without delivery of products. I submitted a support ticket on this and have received no communication but the automated reply that the ticket was created.

I know you guys have been fighting a bunch of issues with this latest store upgrade, but it has been weeks now, right? Yikes!

So just when I'm finally ready to jump on the Genesis bandwagon, all of this chaos breaks out.

Please, any official word on these things will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

• DAZ_ann0314DAZ_ann0314 Posts: 2,783
    edited December 1969

LEI1 said:
    Any idea when those of us who've been stuck with Pending Authorizations for more than two weeks … will see a resolution? I'm at my wits end. I've emailed Customer Service since back when we were given that support @ daz3d.com address … STILL HAVE NOT HEARD A THING. No email saying my message was received, no notification that a ticket has been filed now that zendesk is back.

On other threads I've noted more than a few people with recent issues, who submitted to Zendesk and got a fix and/or reply in a matter of days. Yet we were told if we've emailed support already, not to submit a duplicate ticket to zendesk because staff will do it for us. That would be great, if it were true. How long am I expected to just sit around with this hold on my account and no answers? Another two weeks, a month?? :ahhh:

Please contact me via PM or e-mail me (my e-mail address is listed in the first post) and I'll check into this for you :)

The Zendesk Tickets are going through the regular support system while I believe the e-mails all went to the head of customer service once we found out Zendesk wasn't operational when the new site went live. I do know they are still being worked on though as I had an e-mail I sent in from that time as well which was answered today. I do know the e-mail submissions are still backed up some though as they all needed sorted through so they went to the right departments and in some cases some sent multiple e-mails through to all three e-mail addresses listed etc. So we have been working over each other a little bit in some instances. I do apologize for the delay though and will gladly look into it for you if you like :).

edited December 1969

Timotheus said:
    If you are having an issue with Download Links not working (or some working and some not) this is a known issue they are currently working on and will be fixed soon. We apologize for any inconvenience and want you to know we are working to resolve this issue as quickly as possible. Once resolved, the links in your account should then work.

Is there no update whatsoever on this issue? There are other items I would like to purchase, but I'm still waiting to download a product I purchased last week. Not sure I want to hand over more money without delivery of products. I submitted a support ticket on this and have received no communication but the automated reply that the ticket was created.

I know you guys have been fighting a bunch of issues with this latest store upgrade, but it has been weeks now, right? Yikes!

So just when I'm finally ready to jump on the Genesis bandwagon, all of this chaos breaks out.

Thanks!

I just got word on this and posted in my first post of this thread the steps they are saying to take that should resolve the issue for you. If once you try that, they still aren't working for you, please contact me via PM and I will look into it further for you :)

• TimotheusTimotheus Posts: 236
    edited December 1969

Thank you so much for a direct reply, Aundrea! I really do appreciate it.

The two links that wouldn't work before just worked!

Tim

• PoserMagicPoserMagic Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Timotheus said:

Thanks!

I just got word on this and posted in my first post of this thread the steps they are saying to take that should resolve the issue for you. If once you try that, they still aren't working for you, please contact me via PM and I will look into it further for you :)

I have done all of the above (including pming you, ty for trying ;) ) but still no help, I am wondering if you know what is going on yet. I have been trying to wait it out, but I am on a deadline and need what I ordered! I hate to say it, I have enough stress in my life and this is making my eyes twitch. I am not one to complain and I am very understanding, but it would be nice for someone to say if or when something might be fixed so I could pass on why I am running behind! Thanks so much :)

• edited June 2012

Yikes. I surf to the DAZ top page, and I get recognised as on xxx. I am NOT he, please !

Post edited by fixmypcmike on
  • JennKJennK Posts: 834
    edited June 2012

I hope this is the right place for this. New issue and I have sent in a support ticket. I was issued one of the new zip file installers downloaded it and moved the contents over to my DAZ library as instructed that went off with out a hitch. Here is the issue when I went to check the unzipped folder to make sure the content was still there before i moved the file over to my .exe and zip back-up storage the content was missing ,OK so that is the result of the drag and drop installation no biggie I'll just re-download the zip file and move that over, no dice the re-installation of two zip files downloaded were empty except for a file that my computer wanted to read as a note pad application sigh.... But I did get my product YAY :-) and can now use it, just wish I could back it up :down:

Post edited by JennK on
  • edited June 2012

Yikes. I surf to the DAZ top page, and I get recognised as on xxx. I am NOT he, please !

Oh great.

Now I am xxx.

Edited to Remove oversized image by a moderator

• ledheadledhead Posts: 1,586
    edited December 1969

Looks like this thread went a bit off page, unless it's just me.

• MJ_VivianightMJ_Vivianight Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I know. If ppl are going to post private information like the names of others, they should at least know how to resize their images and not warp the thread too. Sheesh...

edited June 2012

Oh great.

Now I am xxx.

Edited to Remove oversized image by a moderator

I removed the image as it broke the thread sadly though I did see it before removing. But just wanted to let you know why I removed it :) Though xxx...the Actor :) ? If only I could go to log in one day and be like Angelina Jolie or something..that would be nice :)

I know I've had this issue on and off still as well and there is an ongoing ticket in bug tracker on it here: https://bugs.daz3d.com/view.php?id=46751

If you have a chance, please add your screenshot and any additional info you would like to add to the ticket. I know the more information they have the easier it is to narrow the cause.

edited December 1969

I have done all of the above (including pming you, ty for trying ;) ) but still no help, I am wondering if you know what is going on yet. I have been trying to wait it out, but I am on a deadline and need what I ordered! I hate to say it, I have enough stress in my life and this is making my eyes twitch. I am not one to complain and I am very understanding, but it would be nice for someone to say if or when something might be fixed so I could pass on why I am running behind! Thanks so much :)

Let me go have a look at what you sent me again to refresh my rather poor off hand memory (I recall talking with you but now can't recall the details *blush*) and I will be back either in here or by PM to you in a flash :)

edited December 1969

JK0011 said:
    I hope this is the right place for this. New issue and I have sent in a support ticket. I was issued one of the new zip file installers downloaded it and moved the contents over to my DAZ library as instructed that went off with out a hitch. Here is the issue when I went to check the unzipped folder to make sure the content was still there before i moved the file over to my .exe and zip back-up storage the content was missing ,OK so that is the result of the drag and drop installation no biggie I'll just re-download the zip file and move that over, no dice the re-installation of two zip files downloaded were empty except for a file that my computer wanted to read as a note pad application sigh.... But I did get my product YAY :-) and can now use it, just wish I could back it up :down:

Hmmm ok that is a new one. Anyone else experienced anything similar to this? If so, please let me know and I'll file a bug report on it for web to look into :) Could be some odd isolated incident due to something they possibly were working on just as you went to re-download or some update they did or something. IDK you literally have me stumped there.

Anyone else having a similar experience, please post and let me know :)

• SafeunderdarkSafeunderdark Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Hi Aundrea,

Just a quick note:
    My download issues are solved, and Zen desk seems to be working again.
    Thank you so much for your help.

Still working on the missing order, and the PC problems
    but I am confident this will be resolved soon. :-)

• Velvet GoblinVelvet Goblin Posts: 532
    edited December 1969

New Issue (at least for me):

I can no longer add anything to my cart or my wishlist. Nor can I move items from my wishlist to my cart.

Should I be posting in a bug tracking thread or notifying Daz via Zendesk?

• jgkanejgkane Posts: 4
    edited June 2012

I can get into my account, but then it asks me "Not xxx" / "Not xxx" etc, leading me to believe that there is something wrong with Zendesk. I already have quite a long password, so I am sure that is not the problem ( as suggested in the 'Unable to Login' post ).

Trying to get support just bounces me back and forth to the Log in / Have you an Account page.

Perhaps someone at DAZ3D is programming using spaghetti, and the wee mouse has eaten through some of it ... ;o)

As it stands, I cannot trust the system to buy anything at all, and short of sending a letter or 'phoning fromn Europe, I cannot contact DAZ3D except through the Forum. I hope somebody who can do something, gets to see this. Anyone with a direct line to the support desk?

• MarcuseMarcuse Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

New member from UK just joined today and from what I can gather (apols !) another new issue ? Received first order yesterday on wish list safely but unable to open .exe file so nothing is happening. It only shows "Run" which I clicked on but shouldn't it also have "Save" to click on as well ?

As I'm on a really tight time schedule I sent support a message yesterday but nothing heard back as yet. Could anyone advise what to do please ?

Thanks

• PoserMagicPoserMagic Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Let me go have a look at what you sent me again to refresh my rather poor off hand memory (I recall talking with you but now can't recall the details *blush*) and I will be back either in here or by PM to you in a flash :)

you are super duper!! tysm

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

jsma2012 said:
    New member from UK just joined today and from what I can gather (apols !) another new issue ? Received first order yesterday on wish list safely but unable to open .exe file so nothing is happening. It only shows "Run" which I clicked on but shouldn't it also have "Save" to click on as well ?

As I'm on a really tight time schedule I sent support a message yesterday but nothing heard back as yet. Could anyone advise what to do please ?

Thanks

Could it be one of those damaged installers?
    Kendall has a fix here:
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/865/

• edited December 1969

jsma2012 said:

Thanks

There's a utility for fixing damaged store downloads, here. Try that and see if it helps.

• T JaimanT Jaiman Posts: 560
    edited June 2012

jsma2012 said:

Thanks

Save? Are you talking about downloading the file, perhaps?

EXE installers should only have Run and Cancel, when you're installing, as far as I know.

(I thought it was all zip files, now?)

Post edited by T Jaiman on
  • edited December 1969

I sent Refund ticket last friday, no answer yet.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

your post has been merged into the relevant thread about store issues.

edited December 1969

Are you talking about downloading the file, perhaps?

EXE installers should only have Run and Cancel, when you're installing, as far as I know.

(I thought it was all zip files, now?)

Thanks for all the replies. I'm not much good at the downloading side of things but I think you're right it must have been a zip file as it only had Run and Cancel. Anyway used the Fix link ok and all three files came up with "Done" but it's now asking what programme do I open the file with and apols I've no idea lol !

Thanks

edited December 1969

Do you mean that when you double-click the files, you are asked what application it takes to open them?

Or do you mean that the installer wants to know if you're using Daz or Poser?

By the way, are you running Windows or Mac?

edited December 1969

Yes apols what application it takes to open them, and running Windows 32 bit XP....

edited June 2012

When you downloaded each file, did you type in a name, or are they their original names?

Open "My Computer", at the top,click on "Tools". Click on the "View". Un-tick "Hide extensions for known file types.

Now what are the names of your files?

If it ends with .zip, you might need Winzip.

If it ends with nothing after the ".", then try renaming it to .zip.

You can get Winzip here:
    http://www.winzip.com/win/en/index.htm
    (Just the free trial version, for now).

But I don't think you should need to. XP should open zips, or maybe that's after Service Pack 2.

Anyway, I'm going to bed soon. So if you still have questions, someone else will probably have to answer them.

Post edited by T Jaiman on
    edited June 2012

Thanks a lot for the help.They had their original names and hide extensions for known file types wasn't showing a tick....??

Post edited by Marcuse on
    edited December 1969

What are the names, exactly?