The I Wanted Mousse But Got A Moose Instead Complaint Thread.

19495969798100»

Comments

• RezcaRezca Posts: 3,386

Ayup and it's still doing it, same message as the last one I left xD

Mm, trackball thing? A fancy mouse?  If it's drivers that are the problem, you just have to disable Driver Signature Enforcement or whatever on startup (Unfortunately, you have to do it every time you restart :L

Aaaaand the ASD keys on my laptop keep breaking. Every so often they won't respond ;v;

Tjohn said:

Wherefore art thou Serpent?

In the rainforest making music? :D

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

i wanna sips of tea but haz no creamer for my tea.  i can drinkj tea without sugar, need the leche though

omg  searching for sds sheets is like the most frustrating, irritating, depressing  job task.  searching for sds mostly brings up msds, msds is obsolete by OSHA, must have the SDS.  trying to find product# on a BEHR paint can is impossible, swear it's not on the can, but their sds search is by product#

strike out over and over. waiting for email responses

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 10,991
    edited June 2016

Crap.

Post edited by TJohn on
    Rezca said:

Mm, trackball thing? A fancy mouse?  If it's drivers that are the problem, you just have to disable Driver Signature Enforcement or whatever on startup (Unfortunately, you have to do it every time you restart :L

Aaaaand the ASD keys on my laptop keep breaking. Every so often they won't respond ;v;

Go to the top of the page, Click on the gear. Find "Drafts" in the dropdown menu, Click it and x out the draft.

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776

Morning. Iz so gloomy here it doesn't feel like the sun cane up at all, must be a bit of river fog around a little after daybreak :)

Tjohn said:
    Rezca said:

Go to the top of the page, Click on the gear. Find "Drafts" in the dropdown menu, Click it and x out the draft.

Mmm, I'm not seeing anything about Drafts there unfortunately D:

Wrong gear maybe?

Mark Forums Viewed, Mark Gategory Viewed, Categories, Recent Discussions, my name, Inbox, Notifications.... 

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,514
    DanaTA said:
    kyoto kid said:
    DanaTA said:
    kyoto kid said:
    frank0314 said:

What spell checker?

...the one here on the forums.  It also doesn't check words shorter than 4 letters which is a real pain.  Even Google's spell check does that and I don't have to reset the language every session either.

I haven't had an issue with the Firefox spell checker in here.

Dana

...so what is the secret to getting it to work? I haven't found a way.

I don't know.  I didn't do anything special...I didn't do anything at all.  Maybe I turned off the forum spell checker, but I don't think so.  I think it was off by default.

Dana

...don't have the forum checker on now, but not seeing any red lines for typos (and I tested).  Doesn't show up on the workstation either.

The forum checker is always "off" by default unless you click on the "ABC" button (which you have to do every time you write a new post).

Are you running on Linux or Windows?  That may have something to do with it.

MistyMist said:

complaint - need more cores!  deco cores

..art deco cores?

edited June 2016
    Rezca said:

...sort of, but it stays stationary and you rotate the ball with your fingers. Much less stressful on my wrist and hand than a mouse.  Good ones are fairly expensive.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
    Rezca said:
    Tjohn said:
    Rezca said:

Mmm, I'm not seeing anything about Drafts there unfortunately D:

Wrong gear maybe?

Mark Forums Viewed, Mark Gategory Viewed, Categories, Recent Discussions, my name, Inbox, Notifications.... 

Right gear - usually when it keeps putting old messages up first, there's a saved draft at fault. (shrug)

...well one semi sunny day today.  Need to go to the market.  Temps in the upper 60s to near 70°, still a bit below normal but about right for this time of year.

Premature conga rats to whoever wins the thread.

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,137

Complaint:  Beautiful day, summer cabin fever, had to go for a drive.  Drove 10 miles to nearby town for an ice cream sundae.  It was delicious but cost me $4.75  ouch! surprise I could have had an overpriced bitter cup of franchise coffee for that much. cheeky

kyoto kid said:
    MistyMist said:

complaint - need more cores!  deco cores

..art deco cores?

if life is a bowl of decos, why am i in the cores  ... or not  lol

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,609

Oh my I am so tired even though I took a nap this afternoon.

edited June 2016

Watching Copa A. My brother is a fan, he used to coach kids soccer. Not a fan myself, but USA made it to the semi-finals so...

Post edited by TJohn on

Complaint:  Been losing weight as per my goal.  Now my skin is old, wrinkly and saggy.  crying

edited June 2016
    kyoto kid said:

...well one semi sunny day today.  Need to go to the market.  Temps in the upper 60s to near 70°, still a bit below normal but about right for this time of year.

Premature conga rats to whoever wins the thread.

Cool,smiley as long as they are not "conga-rads.  No robes and mortar board hats please.frown

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on

Complaint:  I was so proud of myself for learning a poem in Russian.  It only took me six weeks of practice and research to understand the vocabulary & grammar and to make sure I got the intonation and pronunciation right.  Then I find out that the version I had been studying is only one quarter of the whole thing.  Oh foo. frown  I thought it had seemed somewhat incomplete. Sigh.

edited June 2016

I've only memorized two poems in my whole life.  "Jabberwocky" by Lewis Carol, 50 years ago, and 1/4 of "Winter Evening" by Alexander Pushkin, last month.

For me most poems are like most opera, culturally necessary but boring as hell. devil "Jabberwocky" was refreshing absurdity.  "Winter Evening" in Russian was a challenge.cool

And what good does it do to memorize a poem?  I've never been asked to recite "Jabberwocky" even after I admit to knowing it even if the audience is sophisticated enough to know what it is. sad

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
  • DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,063
    kyoto kid said:
    DanaTA said:
    kyoto kid said:
    DanaTA said:
    kyoto kid said:
    frank0314 said:

What spell checker?

...the one here on the forums.  It also doesn't check words shorter than 4 letters which is a real pain.  Even Google's spell check does that and I don't have to reset the language every session either.

Dana

I don't know.  I didn't do anything special...I didn't do anything at all.  Maybe I turned off the forum spell checker, but I don't think so.  I think it was off by default.

Dana

...don't have the forum checker on now, but not seeing any red lines for typos (and I tested).  Doesn't show up on the workstation either.

The forum checker is always "off" by default unless you click on the "ABC" button (which you have to do every time you write a new post).

Windows 7 Pro. 

Firefox 46.0.1 (started bugging me about updating again yesterday...annoying...I'll update when I'm ready)

Dana

kyoto kid said:
    DanaTA said:
    kyoto kid said:
    DanaTA said:
    kyoto kid said:
    frank0314 said:

What spell checker?

Dana

Dana

It seems that it doesn't work anymore.  No biggie, I usually don't have many typos.  I've been using Firefox less and less lately.  It has several other issues that annoy me.  Chrome is doing much better, so I've been using that.  The forum here is one of the home tabs in Firefox, so I keep it here.  If Firefox annoys me enough, I may just stop using it altogether.  angry

Dana

I don't see Drafts in the gear menu, either.  Maybe it only shows if you actually have a draft saved?

Dana

DanaTA said:

I don't see Drafts in the gear menu, either.  Maybe it only shows if you actually have a draft saved?

Dana

I thought so as well, but I've got a draft sitting here in the comment section (same one as last time a-yup)  and I click on it..... 

Strange. Very strange D:

Aaaaaaah I got into the SatoriReader beta <3

https://www.satorireader.com/

Really liking the looks of the place, and can even import my progress on WaniKani over, so it 'knows' what Kanji I do or do not know how to read instead of starting from scratch.

edited June 2016
    Tjohn said:

Watching Copa A. My brother is a fan, he used to coach kids soccer. Not a fan myself, but USA made it to the semi-finals so...

...back from my errands and no new thread smell yet.

In the Euro Cup  Looks like my Croatia team may be in trouble as several hooligans in Croatian jerseys tossed flares and firecrackers onto the pitch during the match.  They will definitely be subject to some sort of discipliary action which at best, will dock them a point in the standings and they would get a fine, or at worst they will be expelled.from the competition (sad for the players as they were pleading with the rowdy fans to stop),

When the incident happened Croatia was ahead 2 -1 with the match pretty much in hand,.  When play resumed, the Czech Republic scored a second goal on a penalty kick to make the match a draw at 2 -2.  It was said that the Croatian team appeared to have lost it's edge after the disturbance. Croatia was looked on as one of the stronger teams in this tournament and many felt they had an excellent chance to advance it to the finals.  We'lll see what happens in the next day or so.

Sad that a few stupid individuals have to ruin things for an entire nation.

Post edited by kyoto kid on

Oh I got confused but then I vomited but now I am okay.

Eeep, throwing up is NEVER fun  ><

Hope you are indeed okay now ^^;

edited June 2016
    Rezca said:

Eeep, throwing up is NEVER fun  ><

Hope you are indeed okay now ^^;

yeah I am doing much better.  I tend to vomit and then get it out of my system and then feel better.

------------------------------------------

Recuperate here

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
This discussion has been closed.