The I Wanted Mousse But Got A Moose Instead Complaint Thread.

Comments

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776

Morning. Sun coming up all orangey red on a field of delicate eggshell cream and blue worth bottling :)

Iz the 17th here oscar mike golf, TZs haz zombified and eating my brain :0

DanaTA said:
    ps1borg said:

Morning. Dawn breaking in an angry orange and purple glow as if a volcano was rising, and not the sun :)

Oh, that could be messy!

Dana

was a kinda blowing cold and colder kinda day, this one feels a little gentler :)

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,951

I went to start writing but found out I have no Word installed.

Noisy fan in a HDD enclosure complaint, meh iz always the 10 cent part that brings modern civilization to its knees \0/

kyoto kid said:
    DanaTA said:
    ps1borg said:

Morning. Dawn breaking in an angry orange and purple glow as if a volcano was rising, and not the sun :)

Oh, that could be messy!

Dana

...could be a reality where I live as Mt Hood just east of the city & Mt St Helens is to the north. 

Provided the subduction fault 70 miles off the coast doesn't go first.

The high rents in the area would seem to be an excessive ticket price to enjoy that ride. surprise

pay extra for all the colour and movement ;)

edited June 2016

Word of the day on http://www.merriam-webster.com ;

looks suspiciously like two words ;)

Mc.png
    591 x 213 - 25K
    Post edited by ps1borg on
  • MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

are we still moosing around?  

dessert in the desert 

ps1borg said:

16th has 2 hours 12 minutes left smiley

pencil and paper?

what does praline come from?

and i want to make homemade nougat

and pumpernickel bread

i like Lambert, to hang out with, not like, y'know

witcher fishing method >>.<<

• RezcaRezca Posts: 3,393
    edited June 2016

Last week I was talking with one of my friends on Skype, and he sent me this cute looking picture he found. After talking about it for a bit he asked me if I could tell him what the character was saying (It was in Japanese).

I could make out the first few words and that was it xD  I know I'm studying the language and all, and I ahve been making lots of progress, but I'm still aways from being able to accurately read most things.

Though I was super happy when I was able to read a line in a comic on my own without needing to look any of it up.  Super simple sentence, but it still made me happy.  (More or less,  "It's a bright night tonight".  Removed the Japanese text just in case such font isn't permited on the forum ><; )

Post edited by Rezca on
  • RezcaRezca Posts: 3,393

Aaaaah why does the forum insist on keeping my message in the Comment/Draft section even after I've posted it?  xD

Always afraid I'll end up making some weird hybrid-double post by typing in a message and having it blended in with the last post I made ><

edited June 2016
    MistyMist said:
    ps1borg said:

head haz asploded nao

ha.jpg
    451 x 445 - 25K
    Rezca said:

Aaaaah why does the forum insist on keeping my message in the Comment/Draft section even after I've posted it?  xD

Always afraid I'll end up making some weird hybrid-double post by typing in a message and having it blended in with the last post I made ><

I do the "..." thing and save a draft of ellipses, or an ellipses of draft? Anyhow...

edited June 2016
    MistyMist said:

what does praline come from?

and i want to make homemade nougat

and pumpernickel bread

p.png
    626 x 226 - 29K
  • DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,146
    kyoto kid said:

My computer somehow restarted during the night.  I was working on a Poser scene with LaRoo but did not save it for some reason.  Now I have to redo the scene if I want to render it.

...do you have WIn 10?  If so it was probably an automatic update that rebooted the system.  This is why I am staying with Win 7.

Only if she has Win 10 Home Premium.  Win 10 Pro will let you postpone updates.  I have always gotten the Pro version of Windows since they started making one.  There are benefits to going Pro.  To me, it's worth it to go Pro.  Still haven't totally decided on it yet, but must do so very soon...free offer ends July 29.

Dana

kyoto kid said:
    frank0314 said:

What spell checker?

...the one here on the forums.  It also doesn't check words shorter than 4 letters which is a real pain.  Even Google's spell check does that and I don't have to reset the language every session either.

I haven't had an issue with the Firefox spell checker in here.

Dana

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,825
    MistyMist said:
    ps1borg said:

...27 minutes for me.

edited June 2016
    DanaTA said:
    kyoto kid said:

My computer somehow restarted during the night.  I was working on a Poser scene with LaRoo but did not save it for some reason.  Now I have to redo the scene if I want to render it.

...do you have WIn 10?  If so it was probably an automatic update that rebooted the system.  This is why I am staying with Win 7.

Only if she has Win 10 Home Premium.  Win 10 Pro will let you postpone updates.  I have always gotten the Pro version of Windows since they started making one.  There are benefits to going Pro.  To me, it's worth it to go Pro.  Still haven't totally decided on it yet, but must do so very soon...free offer ends July 29.

Dana

..even though you can defer, you still have to accept the updates. Not into getting a newer update from Nvidia only to have it overwritten by an older one that may cause conflicts. Also there are services and features I don't use so not point in updating those. If the 199$ commercial version of 10 Pro allows manual updating, then I'll think about it.

The other issue is I'd have to ditch my ergonomic high resolution trackball and buy a new one as I had to switch compatibility to XP to get it to work which WIn 10 will not support.  These things are not cheap.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
    DanaTA said:
    kyoto kid said:
    frank0314 said:

What spell checker?

...the one here on the forums.  It also doesn't check words shorter than 4 letters which is a real pain.  Even Google's spell check does that and I don't have to reset the language every session either.

Dana

...so what is the secret to getting it to work? I haven't found a way.

...so was at this event called 'Transit on Tap" where the local transit commission holds informal information sessions at various pubs in town about upcoming changes (this one was about a new smart card fare system that is going online in a few months). 

Afterwards sallied up to the bar to get another beer when I noticed someone playing one of those rifle hunter video games.  Normally I would find them rather disgusting, however this one apparently has a Zombie hunter mode. Now that looked interesting (didn't have any cash on me to play though).

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,365
    Rezca said:

Yeah, don't you hate that! crying

baked goods from the supermarket

is sooo NOT the same as honest bakery goods!!!!!!

ps1borg said:
    MistyMist said:
    ps1borg said:

head haz asploded nao

well, caught up to yoo wink  is the 16th here naos

Rezca said:

Yeah, don't you hate that! crying

hate it when the draft msg hangs over the post comment.  

would be so much better imo if it was hovered over the 'save draft' button.

kyoto kid said:
    DanaTA said:
    kyoto kid said:
    frank0314 said:

What spell checker?

Dana

...so what is the secret to getting it to work? I haven't found a way.

I don't know.  I didn't do anything special...I didn't do anything at all.  Maybe I turned off the forum spell checker, but I don't think so.  I think it was off by default.

Dana

complaint - need more cores!  deco cores

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,055

Wherefore art thou Serpent?

This discussion has been closed.