Daz Studio 4.9.2 Pro, General Release!

Comments

• jdfoxjdfox Posts: 38
    jdfox said:
    jdfox said:
    jdfox said:

What has happened to the interface in 4.9.2?  The main pane (Viewport) is now partly hidden behind the righthand panes and timeline pane.  It's totally unusable. Tried to find out how to fix it and have lost the pane entirely and all my settings. Have gone back to 4.9.1 - and have, of course, lost all my original settings. This new version is a disaster!

My guess is that you have windows scaled in general and it is a different scale than what you expect Daz Studio to be, so the new scaling, which is tied to the Windows scale may be giving you a different result than you expect. 

If you set Windows scaling to 100% does it give you back what you had? 

I haven't changed any Windows scaling.  4.9.1 works fine (as far as that's concerned) but not 4.9.2

Unfortunately, I'm in the middle of a project and can't afford to experiment - just in case.

Right, you haven't changed it, but Daz Studio now reads the Windows scale setting. See attached image. 

So if your scale setting is something other than 100% (In my image it is 150%) then Daz Studio will adapt to that in 4.9.2 where it ignored it in 4.9.1. 

Note there is a minimum size for both Shader Mixer and Shader Builder, so those are the usual suspects in this case. Collapsing the Brickyard in Shader Mixer will usually fix this, providing your scale doesn't push it farther. You can close both Shader Mixer and Shader Builder, if they are open and you don't use them, and the issue should go away. 

Now if you don't need the scaling you can right click on your DS icon and open Properties, under compatibility you can check "Disable display scaling on high DPI settings, and it should appear exactly as it did in 4.9.1. 

Have just checked - it was set at 100%.  Thanks for your help,  I really don't think that's the problem - the pane just simply refuses to dock with the righthand panes and the timeline pane.

Can I get you to file a support ticket with screenshots please. That way we can get to the bottom of this for you. 

I will when I re-install 9.2.  I still need a working version of Studio for my current project.  Although I submitted a bug report YEARS ago and the bug is still there.  I even suggested an improvement that would benefit both users and programmers.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,724
    FirePro9 said:

In testing out the new Diffuse Overlay material I noticed an odd behaviour I've not seen before.  I created a primitive and applied the Iray Uber Base shader preset to it.  Then go into the Surfaces Editor and I see the Diffuse Overlay Weight slider but no Diffuse Overlay Color slider.  Once I change the Diffuse Overlay Weight slider to anything other than zero, the Diffuse Overlay Color slider pops up underneath it.  I've not seen this before where a parameter is hidden until you change its value from zero.  Perhaps I haven't been fiddling with enough sliders/parameters.  

I was hoping this new layer would be a better solution for tatoos & decals rather than using Iray Decals, however, it does not appear that we can position the image that is placed into the Diffuse Overlay Color.

That's how several things work - hidden until they ahve meaning (properties that need a non-zero weight to start doing anything, or the Emissive properties which are hidden until the Emissive colour is not black). It's designed to simplify settings things up, especially given the different modes offered by the Iray uber shader.

Ivy said:

Is this the same software as the 4.92 beta I just downloaded and installed the other day?

The last Public Beta was, I think 4.9.2.67 so it's a couple of versions on - the change log lists the versions and the changes between them http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/change_log_4_9_2_70

• lindanslindans Posts: 99

How do I get the update as far as I can see it just downloads 4,9 pro?

The update is a new installer for 4.9 that will replace the previous version, it isn't a patch installer.

• DAZ_SpookyDAZ_Spooky Posts: 3,100
    Ivy said:

Is this the same software as the 4.92 beta I just downloaded and installed the other day?

A few more fixes since that build. 

Erdehel said:
    jdfox said:
    jdfox said:
    jdfox said:

What has happened to the interface in 4.9.2?  The main pane (Viewport) is now partly hidden behind the righthand panes and timeline pane.  It's totally unusable. Tried to find out how to fix it and have lost the pane entirely and all my settings. Have gone back to 4.9.1 - and have, of course, lost all my original settings. This new version is a disaster!

My guess is that you have windows scaled in general and it is a different scale than what you expect Daz Studio to be, so the new scaling, which is tied to the Windows scale may be giving you a different result than you expect. 

If you set Windows scaling to 100% does it give you back what you had? 

I haven't changed any Windows scaling.  4.9.1 works fine (as far as that's concerned) but not 4.9.2

Unfortunately, I'm in the middle of a project and can't afford to experiment - just in case.

Right, you haven't changed it, but Daz Studio now reads the Windows scale setting. See attached image. 

So if your scale setting is something other than 100% (In my image it is 150%) then Daz Studio will adapt to that in 4.9.2 where it ignored it in 4.9.1. 

Note there is a minimum size for both Shader Mixer and Shader Builder, so those are the usual suspects in this case. Collapsing the Brickyard in Shader Mixer will usually fix this, providing your scale doesn't push it farther. You can close both Shader Mixer and Shader Builder, if they are open and you don't use them, and the issue should go away. 

Now if you don't need the scaling you can right click on your DS icon and open Properties, under compatibility you can check "Disable display scaling on high DPI settings, and it should appear exactly as it did in 4.9.1. 

Have just checked - it was set at 100%.  Thanks for your help,  I really don't think that's the problem - the pane just simply refuses to dock with the righthand panes and the timeline pane.

Can I get you to file a support ticket with screenshots please. That way we can get to the bottom of this for you. 

Same here. Should I open a ticket too?

Yes, please. 

This way things don't fall through the cracks. 

• IvyIvy Posts: 7,153

Thank you for the information and update.

• hphoenixhphoenix Posts: 1,335
    Ivy said:

Can we get the BETA updated to the same build, for those of us who don't want to risk (for whatever reasons) losing our main install?

• ErdehelErdehel Posts: 386
    DAZ_Vince said:
    Toyen said:

It is kinda weird not being able to acess the tools in the very right top of the main viewport without closing the pane on the right side that has Render Settings, Camers...so on.

Hi Toyen, the issue is not new to 4.9.2 but may have been made more apparent because of the scaling fix. The navigation gets "pushed out the right side of the viewport" when you have Shader Builder or Shader Mixer docked in the center view area. More specifically if the left menu (shelf) is open in Shader mixer. You can either close the left shelf in shader mixer or close the shader mixer pane entirely to solve the issue. We will be working on the issue in upcoming builds but the workaraound is pretty simple for now.

Just for clarity, the scaling simply turns on the multiplier assigned by Windows in your display settings (this was ignored in previous builds) so if the scaling in windows is set to 100% you should see no difference. On smaller moniters with high dpi like a Surface or Surface Book the default scaling is around 200% so you immediately see a difference with the application not looking so small.

To disable this scaling (and have it return to how it was in previous builds of Daz Studio) you can either change windows scaling to 100% in your display settings or right click on the Daz Studio Shortcut icon, choose Properties, go to the compatibility tab and check the option called "disable display scaling on high DPI settings". Launching the application with this shortcut will make it ignore the windows scaling (as it used to).

Indeed, I closed those 2 panes and the center view scales correctly again. Thx!
  • KodaKoda Posts: 18

Hi

I am on a windows 7 box and upgrading from 4.8 to the 4.9.2.7 build when it gets to installing Content Managment Services it appears to hang. It has been going for an hour and there is no response. Note this machine has very little content since I test new installs here. 

Thanks

• I'm unable to download the new version at all.  Install manager hangs during download (two hours and still waiting).  The manual download takes thirty minutes for a 230 MB file, and throws a "package corrupted" error during installation. 

Is it installing PosergreSQL or is it running the Valentina to PostgreSQL conversion tool? If the issue is the PostgreSQL install itself what security software are you uisng?

hphoenix said:
    Ivy said:

Can we get the BETA updated to the same build, for those of us who don't want to risk (for whatever reasons) losing our main install

It was done last night. :) 

edited May 2016

Is it installing PosergreSQL or is it running the Valentina to PostgreSQL conversion tool? If the issue is the PostgreSQL install itself what security software are you uisng?

Richard was that in reguards to my message its just runnning the installer. I blew away 4.8 and all the files and am trying to run it again. 

Also I am running trend micro anti virus. Turning it off had no effect.

Post edited by Koda on
  • SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,945
    Koda said:

Hi

I am on a windows 7 box and upgrading from 4.8 to the 4.9.2.7 build when it gets to installing Content Managment Services it appears to hang. It has been going for an hour and there is no response. Note this machine has very little content since I test new installs here. 

Thanks

I had that.  I solved it by either: shutting down and then restarting my computer or shutting down the CMS service before doing the install.  Or having done both :)

SimonJM said:
    Koda said:

Hi

Thanks

I had that.  I solved it by either: shutting down and then restarting my computer or shutting down the CMS service before doing the install.  Or having done both :)

Hi Simon

Do you remember what services you shut down? I thought I had got them all I shut down the SQL and the Daz Services.

Thanks

DAZ Content Management Service was still running, so I stopped that.

SimonJM said:

If the Daz Content Management Service is running, you will need to stop it, uninstall it and install PostgreSQL. Valentina, which is what you are describing, does not work with Daz Studio 4.9. 

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146
    Pendraia said:

Interesting...haven't updated to 4.9 yet mainly as I've been too busy since I finished the project I was working on but I'm kinda intrigued by these options.

Morph Loader Pro

• Added mirroring options
    • Added attenuation options

Anyone tried them out yet? 

Not yet but I'm jumping up and down in my chair (if you can imagine that) cheeky )

Pet said:
    marble said:

Is it my imagination or does the Studio user interface now account for high resolution displays? Mine is 2650x1440 and I'm sure the text was tiny before the update. Now it seems quite readable.

I have the same resolution, nothing changed here, stilly tiny writing.

Changing windows scaling should change your fonts, etc. in Daz Studio now. Windows 10 example posted. 

WHOA, that totally works.  Too bad there aren't 10% increments... jumping from 100 to 125 is a bit TOO large for my needs.  Oh well.  Nice feature just in case I need it some day!

• takezo_3001takezo_3001 Posts: 1,921
    edited May 2016
    RAMWolff said:

Not yet but I'm jumping up and down in my chair (if you can imagine that) cheeky )

LoL, I won't be able to get that image out of my head!

OT, My upgraded DIM is downloading at 125 kbps and I have a 10 mbps connection!...Plus it tried to auto-download/install which I don't care for!

Post edited by takezo_3001 on

Hehehehehe cheeky

RAMWolff said:

Hehehehehe cheeky

I too share the enthusiasm as I love the idea of the mirror morph and iRay upgrade!...Now I just have to wait a bit for the (Manual) DL/Install to complete!

SimonJM said:

If the Daz Content Management Service is running, you will need to stop it, uninstall it and install PostgreSQL. Valentina, which is what you are describing, does not work with Daz Studio 4.9. 

Um, I upgraded to using PostgreSQL just about as soon as it became available ... so just what is the DAZ CMS service, just the Valentina db?  If so, what should have uninstalled it?

• namffuaknamffuak Posts: 4,059
    edited May 2016
    SimonJM said:
    SimonJM said:

Um, I upgraded to using PostgreSQL just about as soon as it became available ... so just what is the DAZ CMS service, just the Valentina db?  If so, what should have uninstalled it?

The CMS service is Valentina. IIRC, nothing automatically un-installed it, it is a 'do-it-yourself' option. And the uninstall will remove the service and the executables, but you need to track down and delete the Valentina database yourself as well.

Post edited by namffuak on
    namffuak said:
    SimonJM said:
    SimonJM said:

The CMS service is Valentina. IIRC, nothing automatically un-installed it, it is a 'do-it-yourself' option. And the uninstall will remove the service and the executables, but you need to track down and delete the Valentina database yourself as well.

I have been staring at tha service every now again and wondering .... but I assumed that if DAZ was replacing 1 db system with another they'd not have both running until the upgrade had completed!  Ok, off to nuke it from orbit ... ;)

• So... I may be an idjit, here. I'm not sure. I've successfully downloaded and installed 4.9.2.70, my CMS didn't hang signifincantly, and I assume everything is working like it ought to... except:

Iray does not appear to have updated at all. My choices for Render Mode are "Photoreal" and "Interactive", but there are no options for blended Photoreal and Interactive, no Drawing modes, no nothing new. Any idea what I'm missing?

• ThatGuyThatGuy Posts: 794
    edited May 2016

This has probably been brought up, but for the life of me I can't find it in any of the posts.  My problem is that the viewport drawstyle and camera styles are now missing from my viewport screen (DS 4.9.2.70).  What gives?  How to bring them back on the viewport screen?  I've checked everywhere and don't really see how to get it back on my viewport screen

EDITED:  nevermind.  I figured it out.

Post edited by ThatGuy on
    edited May 2016

jdfox said:

Agreed, also you cannot dock any of the toolbars as well because it no longer resizes the area that you wish to dock the toolbars. 

BTW, my DPI is 100, and I do not have the compatibility settings for this program...Face it, you guys broke it.

EDIT! 

Nope, it's still broken, and the toolbars won't dock  regardless of the resolution! 

I have to upscale my desktop res to 1680x1050 But my native resolution is 1440x900! It's as I figured, someone assumed that everyone has a monitor with a native 1050p resolution and made the changes accordingly, irrespective of users under a native resolution of 1050p!So in order to restore function, you have to scale beyond your native resolution to at least 1050p!

AUTOMITON PROGRAMMING.PNG
    NO COMPAT OPTIONS.PNG
    Post edited by takezo_3001 on