NEW! Novica & Invited Guest Contributors Tips & Product Reviews Pt 6

Comments

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,049
    edited February 2016
    Novica said:

Laughed at this main promo pic.  Never noticed the gal in the background. "You're breaking up with me because of HER????" comes to mind.

(Someone really should teach the vendors how to do promo art-  Art Basics 101 teaches you not to have telephone poles coming out of heads or touching hands on women's chests.) 

EDIT: Dang it, I got distracted. What I wanted to say was Modern Brides looks nice, anyone render it? Love the jewelry and with the Iray Shaders, those pieces could be stunning. You need to have Evening Gown. All on sale. BTW, don't forget to use your PClub coupon for your Daz Originals, I'm getting $6 off these ridiculously low prices! Almost the end of the month.

And remember, you can always use your shaders on these dresses, they seem to have nice flow. (I'm guessing, haven't got them yet)

Here's an Iray render of G2F in Modern Brides.

G2F Modern Brides.jpg
    1236 x 1600 - 2M
    Post edited by barbult on
    edited February 2016
    Kharma said:

Just curious if you had or showcased the outfit Smells like Fall , I was thinking it might be ok for a young teen or younger? It's on  sale for $3.07 right now

Edit:  Sorry I don't know how to make the link open in a new window blush

Here is Smells Like Fall for Genesis 2 Females autofit to Genesis 3 Female with Growing Up morphs. Surprisingly, it worked pretty well! I did use some Fit Control to flatten a left over lump in the center of the breasts. On the two smaller girls, I used PD Iray Shader Kit 1 to retexture the clothing and shoes. It has pretty good material zones. The skirt has main fabric, waistband and upper ruffle and lower ruffle. The shirt has the main shirt body, each sleeve, neck trim, each sleeve trim, and bottom trim. The Shoes have several zones, too. I didn't check the material zones on the jacket. Normally, I shy away from Bobbie25 products, because I have not had good luck with them. They usually don't have many fitting morphs or supported character or body shape morphs, and just disappoint me when I use them. This one seems to be much better than average for me.

Edit: One more thing...The garments load without Smoothing Modifier. I added it to some of the pieces to help with autofit imperfections. I was pleased with how well the shoes autofit. I was expecting trouble there, but they look pretty good.

Edit2: Another thing. I installed with Daz Connect and it has bad metadata. The garments won't show up in Smart Content when you select Genesis 2 Female. You'll have to locate the product in the Content Library or Smart Content>Products to find the garments. I'll write a bug report.

G3F Growing Up Smells Like Fall Iray.jpg
    2000 x 1600 - 2M
    Post edited by barbult on
  • NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859

ooooh, nice Modern Brides! Did you have to use any displacement on the beads or did they pop out like that on their own? She is dazzling- gorgeous render Barbult!!!

Agree about the general lack of morphs and it does seem from the list that in particular, the skirt has quite few. I absolutely adore that youngest gal, she is precocious!!!! you always do characters with such individuality. Thanks SO much for doing both of these, greatly appreciated! 

• KharmaKharma Posts: 3,214

Barbeault those outfits and girls look adorable!  You did a fantastic job.  It's so hard to find something suitable for young teens and children..I am going to get this outfit for sure..thanks for helping me spend my cash :)

• RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 2,805
    Kharma said:

Barbeault those outfits and girls look adorable!  You did a fantastic job.  It's so hard to find something suitable for young teens and children..I am going to get this outfit for sure..thanks for helping me spend my cash :)

I second these comments! Both look great 

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281

they look great on the Growing Up Morphs 

I'm thinking of starting a list of clothes in the DAZ store that would be suitable for kids/young teens - now that we have the Growing up Morphs for Gen3, finding suitable clothing for young children & young teens can be quite difficult.  

barbult said:
    Kharma said:

Just curious if you had or showcased the outfit Smells like Fall , I was thinking it might be ok for a young teen or younger? It's on  sale for $3.07 right now

Edit:  Sorry I don't know how to make the link open in a new window blush

Here is Smells Like Fall for Genesis 2 Females autofit to Genesis 3 Female with Growing Up morphs. Surprisingly, it worked pretty well! I did use some Fit Control to flatten a left over lump in the center of the breasts. On the two smaller girls, I used PD Iray Shader Kit 1 to retexture the clothing and shoes. It has pretty good material zones. The skirt has main fabric, waistband and upper ruffle and lower ruffle. The shirt has the main shirt body, each sleeve, neck trim, each sleeve trim, and bottom trim. The Shoes have several zones, too. I didn't check the material zones on the jacket. Normally, I shy away from Bobbie25 products, because I have not had good luck with them. They usually don't have many fitting morphs or supported character or body shape morphs, and just disappoint me when I use them. This one seems to be much better than average for me.

Edit: One more thing...The garments load without Smoothing Modifier. I added it to some of the pieces to help with autofit imperfections. I was pleased with how well the shoes autofit. I was expecting trouble there, but they look pretty good.

Edit2: Another thing. I installed with Daz Connect and it has bad metadata. The garments won't show up in Smart Content when you select Genesis 2 Female. You'll have to locate the product in the Content Library or Smart Content>Products to find the garments. I'll write a bug report.

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

That wedding dress is stunning. And great texture choices for the girls they look great.

Okay, call me crazy, now I'm looking at Mog Ruith. All the add-ons and Mog Ruith are only .80 (96% off) so now I'm wondering if anyone has any renders of those? Even if they aren't stellar, would be good for DOF background buildings for period pieces. Even in theme parks where they have different time periods. 

I used this a LONG time ago. It's by, believe it or not, Stonemason. For .80  Millennium Environment   and Private Places goes with it. With DOF these would be interesting. They have props, it's not just a background. Parts of these actually morph. I don't have Private Places, I'll see about the Millennium Environment for a render tomorrow. Gotta get some sleep, up early this morning, so ttyl.

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,038

This uses Mog Ruith with the addons.

http://www.daz3d.com/gallery/#images/91689

The building in the background is Mog Ruith.

http://www.daz3d.com/gallery/#images/45359

Thank you Fishtales! That first one has an incredible amount of detail and props involved, I can see why it took so long to render. I like Mog Ruith!

I have Mog Ruith insided and out.  will see if i can put something quick together at some point this weekend.

I noticed today that the Modern Brides "Iray Materials" don't even all use the Iray Uber Shader. Some materials use the Daz Studio Default shader. What's up with that??? Time for another bug report. And yes, the dress material does use displacement. I didn't add it; it was in the default surface settings. The dress material is one of the surfaces that does use the Iray Uber Shader.

Novica said:

Okay, call me crazy, now I'm looking at Mog Ruith. All the add-ons and Mog Ruith are only .80 (96% off) so now I'm wondering if anyone has any renders of those? Even if they aren't stellar, would be good for DOF background buildings for period pieces. Even in theme parks where they have different time periods. 

I used this a LONG time ago. It's by, believe it or not, Stonemason. For .80  Millennium Environment   and Private Places goes with it. With DOF these would be interesting. They have props, it's not just a background. Parts of these actually morph. I don't have Private Places, I'll see about the Millennium Environment for a render tomorrow. Gotta get some sleep, up early this morning, so ttyl.

I have Millennium Environment and Private Places installed in DS 4.9.1.25 with Daz Connect. Private Places gives missing file errors and I cannot get it to work at all. Time for another bug report. This will be my third today and it isn't even noon. noangry

Barbult, they need to put you on staff or at least a consultant fee! For heaven's sake.

Ice Dragon Art- that would be fun, whenever you get a chance. 

• RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 2,805

For some time now I've used Cypherfox's Wishlistify bookmarklet to quickly identify if wishlist items are in a sale. It's been super useful. Today I learned Cypherfox also has a My Products bookmark from the same link. I gave it a try and find it's another way to quickly scan your already-owned content to see what you forgot you had. Since it works in the store, you can use the store filters to see a subset of your content. So for example, if I choose Genesis 3 Female under Figure filter, I see I have 52 items that apply. If I choose Genesis 2 Male and Female figures, there are 244 items. If I add the Historical filter, I'm down to 9. I could have used this yesterday as I was scanning through sale items to plug holes I have in clothing styles. Limitation is the item has to be in the store and the filters are only those few provided by Daz. But it's quick way to scroll down a page of icons in addition to using the on-line Product Library or in-program Content Library.

Novica said:

Barbult, they need to put you on staff or at least a consultant fee! For heaven's sake.

Wouldn't it be sweet if Daz gave me a bug reporting reward like they gave Will a suggestion reward?  I'd just buy more products and find more errors and write more bug reports. wink

• KharmaKharma Posts: 3,214
    barbult said:
    Novica said:

Wouldn't it be sweet if Daz gave me a bug reporting reward like they gave Will a suggestion reward?  I'd just buy more products and find more errors and write more bug reports. wink

You would certainly deserve it :)

• SasjeSasje Posts: 835
    edited February 2016

Invited Guest Contributer

Done with Reality 4.2 - DAZ Studio Edition http://www.daz3d.com/reality-4-daz-studio-edition

Used:

Kangaroos and Joeys http://www.daz3d.com/kangaroos-and-joeys

Kangeroe.jpg
    989 x 1280 - 995K
    Post edited by Sasje on
    edited February 2016
    barbult said:
    Novica said:

Oh heavens, I can see you when all that RDNA gets put in the store. I'm sure their products are better than some of the promo art showing it, it doesn't seem to have the same standards as here. Some of it is washed out and no detail, doesn't show the entire character in the main promo (half a face?) and going too much for mood and not showing details. Most of it's fine, but there are some renders that don't show the product very well.  (I edited this to word it more kindly.)

Post edited by Novica on

Oh for heaven's sake. I am off the internet again, using my phone as a hotspot, but it really runs up the GB usage so will be checking back in later tonight. They can't get to me AGAIN until Monday, and can you believe this- with my cable tv AND internet out, the service rep says, "I see you qualify to get discounted phone service from us..." (I don't use them) and I interrupted but very politely said, "Why would I want to get another service from you when you can't maintain the two I've already GOT?" and that was the end of THAT sales pitch. 

TTYL.

1st one is Mog Ruith straight out of the box Iray.  2nd one is with Iray converted materials.  Rendered really fast, maybe 10 minutes.

Mog Ruith.png
    800 x 800 - 1M
    Mog Ruith 2.png
    800 x 800 - 1M
    edited February 2016

Interior straight out of the box and interior with stairs straight out of the box both in Iray. The table top is doing some very strange things in Iray even when I convert the materials.  May try it 3delight just to see if it makes a difference.  Haven't had time to do any interior evening lighting. Edited to add the interior 3delight night.  Table looks MUCH better in 3delight

Mog Ruith Interior .png
    800 x 800 - 1M
    Mog Ruith Interior with Stair.png
    800 x 800 - 1011K
    Mog Ruith Interior Night .png
    800 x 800 - 1002K
    Post edited by IceDragonArt on

Ooooh, I like that last one! The outside (well, not sure what to call it) trim in front that makes the upside down V, doesn't seem to be a material that seems like wood. Not sure what it's supposed to be, but I'd probably replace it with a shader. I think for 80 cents it's a good building lol, and the interior certainly has potential. Thanks for showing it. 

Novica said:

Ooooh, I like that last one! The outside (well, not sure what to call it) trim in front that makes the upside down V, doesn't seem to be a material that seems like wood. Not sure what it's supposed to be, but I'd probably replace it with a shader. I think for 80 cents it's a good building lol, and the interior certainly has potential. Thanks for showing it. 

For .80 its more than worth it lol.  It has a lot of props, each wall, candelabra etc is a separate object as well as the preset and both the stairs and the table and chairs will fit if you positions them right. With all the shader options out there you could do a lot.  The celtic hall is an add on for this and is also .80 I believe.  Might throw those on next just for fun lol.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    barbult said:
    Novica said:

I have Millennium Environment and Private Places installed in DS 4.9.1.25 with Daz Connect. Private Places gives missing file errors and I cannot get it to work at all. Time for another bug report. This will be my third today and it isn't even noon. noangry

That sounds like the bug that's fixed in the latest public beta (4.9.1.27).

barbult said:
    Novica said:

I hope that is all it takes to fix it. It is frustrating that 4.9 and Daz Connect were released with so many things not working.

barbult said:
    barbult said:
    Novica said:

I hope that is all it takes to fix it. It is frustrating that 4.9 and Daz Connect were released with so many things not working.

I read what you wrote in Jen's Updated Products thread -- it sounds like the add-on wasn't updated when the Mil Environment was, rather than it being the bug that was fixed.

What a cute render of the kangaroo! And I did notice it was a Reality render. I like the one spot of light in his eye, shows where he is focusing his attention, and the fur strands show the lay of the fur quite well. He's a cutie. I always thought the kangaroo and wallaby hands were so cute, almost like people hands. Thanks for showing us!

barbult said:
    barbult said:
    Novica said:

I read what you wrote in Jen's Updated Products thread -- it sounds like the add-on wasn't updated when the Mil Environment was, rather than it being the bug that was fixed.

Thanks for the additional information. I guess I'll have to wait and hope it will get updated.

barbult said:
    barbult said:
    barbult said:
    Novica said:

Thanks for the additional information. I guess I'll have to wait and hope it will get updated.

Are the Poser files set up as .pz2's or .pp2/.cr2?  If .pz2's don't work then it's probably the bug that's fixed in the latest beta, but .pp2/.cr2 would need to be updated.

This discussion has been closed.