New Daz-OptiTex Dynamic Clothes thread [Commercial]

Comments

• OdaaOdaa Posts: 1,548
    edited December 1969

I'm another one who hasn't fully made the jump to Genesis yet-DS4 doesn't always behave well on my system (although I guess I can try the 4.5 updates and see if that helps), and there aren't enough geewhiz awesome new characters being made for V5 and M5 to tempt me yet. But I own enough V4/M4 dynamics and have access to enough freebies to where I'm not feeling terribly left behind, if that makes any sense.

• SilvheSilvhe Posts: 787
    edited December 1969

I don't use Genesis either, usually I compose my scene in DS3 and use DS4 just to drape dynamic clothings and render the scene.
    I was reading this thread here: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/7181/ and I think some dynamic shipwreck/castaway style pants, shirts, dresses etc., for both male and female, would be interesting. No problems if they're for Genesis, I can always use them on Gen4 figures without conforming

• WillowRavenWillowRaven Posts: 3,724
    edited December 1969

Silvhe said:
    I don't use Genesis either, usually I compose my scene in DS3 and use DS4 just to drape dynamic clothings and render the scene.
    I was reading this thread here: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/7181/ and I think some dynamic shipwreck/castaway style pants, shirts, dresses etc., for both male and female, would be interesting. No problems if they're for Genesis, I can always use them on Gen4 figures without conforming

That's an idea ... compose the majority of my scene in DS3, then hop over at the last minute to DS4 for the newer Dynamics. How does it affect the older Dynamic, that may have already been animated in the scene?

edited December 1969

Silvhe said:

That's an idea ... compose the majority of my scene in DS3, then hop over at the last minute to DS4 for the newer Dynamics. How does it affect the older Dynamic, that may have already been animated in the scene?

Yes, I do that mainly because I have my content categorized in DS3 (can't really understand that metadata thing) and the Camera Pointer plugin that wasn't never updated to DS4. If I have to use animated drape I do it all in DS4, I never tried to export it from DS3. I tend to avoid animated drape whenever possible, though :)

• KhoryKhory Posts: 3,854
    edited December 1969

Yes, I do that mainly because I have my content categorized in DS3 (can’t really understand that metadata thing) and the Camera Pointer plugin that wasn’t never updated to DS4

If your dead set to keep your old categorizing from 3 you can always put anything not for genesis there. Genesis stuff does have to go in 4. And while I could be wrong, I think the reason they never updated the camera pointer is because it was incorporated in 4.

edited December 1969

Now, Genesis clothes do not need to be used on genesis, do they? I can still use them on v4 if I open my scene in DS4 after completing everything but the drape, right? I'm assuming the animated drapes work the same way they do in DS3?

edited December 1969

Khory said:
    Yes, I do that mainly because I have my content categorized in DS3 (can’t really understand that metadata thing) and the Camera Pointer plugin that wasn’t never updated to DS4

If your dead set to keep your old categorizing from 3 you can always put anything not for genesis there. Genesis stuff does have to go in 4. And while I could be wrong, I think the reason they never updated the camera pointer is because it was incorporated in 4.

Keeping my old categorization from DS3 is a real must, I have so many things in my content folders that a re-categorizing will last months. For the Camera Pointer, well... probably I have to read the DS4 manual more thoroughly, I didn't know that :lol: Seriously, DS4 has some (very few) functions of the Camera Pointer but no, it isn't incorporated in it.
    Apologies to Martin, we're going a bit Off topic

edited December 1969

Silvhe said:
    Silvhe said:

Yes, I do that mainly because I have my content categorized in DS3 (can't really understand that metadata thing) and the Camera Pointer plugin that wasn't never updated to DS4. If I have to use animated drape I do it all in DS4, I never tried to export it from DS3. I tend to avoid animated drape whenever possible, though :)

Yeah, I customize my 'filing', too. I can't find anything while in DS4 ... lol ... stuff I just saw in DS3, that I know I have. I don't have time to spend finding every little thing that I need for a scene. At $700+ per book cover, that often needs done in 48 hours, and I tend to want at least four hours a night of sleep, I just can't afford to hunt n peck.

I do, however, like how I can export something as a cr2 file, rather than always an obj. But that only works part of the time, too.

edited December 1969

Now, Genesis clothes do not need to be used on genesis, do they? I can still use them on v4 if I open my scene in DS4 after completing everything but the drape, right? I'm assuming the animated drapes work the same way they do in DS3?

I don't have any Genesis clothing but I think it should work, you can't conform a Genesis item on V4 but an animated drape (or posing the clothing independently) should be ok. Yes, the animated drape is the same as in DS3
    edited December 1969

Silvhe said:

I don't have any Genesis clothing but I think it should work, you can't conform a Genesis item on V4 but an animated drape (or posing the clothing independently) should be ok. Yes, the animated drape is the same as in DS3

I don't have any gen clothes, either, but if I can find a work-around, allowing me to use gen clothes on V4/M4, I'd have more options open to me.

• IkyotoIkyoto Posts: 1,159
    edited December 1969

OptiTex said:
    Ikyoto said:
    Towels. Male and female towels that are essentially cloth tubes that wrap around the chest or hips and have a slit in the side where they over lap. Something like http://www.daz3d.com/shop/v4-towel-set

A version for men and women would be something I'd buy right off.

One of the PA's is working on this, I will ask when this will be expected to be ready.The free skirt works, but I've never seen my wife walk from the shower to the bedroom with a towel only around her waist.... come to think of it, I usually don't wrap one around my waist unless someone happened to leave an area rug hanging on the rack. I've got a LOT of waist to wrap.
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,563
    edited December 1969

Silvhe said:
    Khory said:

Keeping my old categorization from DS3 is a real must, I have so many things in my content folders that a re-categorizing will last months. For the Camera Pointer, well... probably I have to read the DS4 manual more thoroughly, I didn't know that :lol: Seriously, DS4 has some (very few) functions of the Camera Pointer but no, it isn't incorporated in it.
    Apologies to Martin, we're going a bit Off topic

I categorize in DS3 and then migrate the database to DS4, use the same categories. Only thing I categorize in DS4 is .dsf/.duf files, and I categorize them into the same category structure I use in DS3.

Some of the Camera Pointer features were incorporated in DS3 and DS4. Sadly, it doesn't sound like DreamLight is interested in updating his plugins.

• DollyGirlDollyGirl Posts: 2,645
    edited December 1969

eblank said:
    I just uploaded 7 simple textures for the Granddad Shirt: http://www.sharecg.com/v/64652/view/21/DAZ-Studio/7-simple-textures

I just wanted to say thank you Martin and eblank for some wonderful freebies. Having the Granddad Shirt has filled a hole in M4's wardrobe.

• OptiTex_1206374OptiTex_1206374 Posts: 56
    edited December 1969

Silvhe said:
    sure
  • shaaeliashaaelia Posts: 613
    edited December 1969

lost notices for the thread again - but need to say thank you for updating the freebies to genesis, very grateful! :)

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

thank you sir - very nice

edited December 1969

OptiTex said:
    Silvhe said:
    sure
    Thanks, Martin. I'll buy it from your store the same moment you put it up :-)
  • shaaeliashaaelia Posts: 613
    edited December 1969

Thank you Martin, very appreciated :-)

• pencilsmudgepencilsmudge Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Have been loving using dynamic cloth in DAZ Studio.
    What I would really like to see are some fitted skirts. varying lengths (from floor to mini) that have one long slit in them. Side slit, front slit, left or right leg front slit etc.
    I imagine these would be rather easy to make? Gen 4 or Genesis, doesn't matter to me!
    I grow weary of the time consuming effort of doing a drape in poser, exporting and reconfiguring everything in Daz Studio to make a simple render....
    Cheers

• Mustakettu85Mustakettu85 Posts: 2,933
    edited December 1969

So did I get this right - in several months, there will be Genesis versions of all the V4/M4 dynamics, both free and for sale?

• DollyGirlDollyGirl Posts: 2,645
    edited December 1969
  • OptiTex_1206374OptiTex_1206374 Posts: 56
    edited December 1969

So did I get this right - in several months, there will be Genesis versions of all the V4/M4 dynamics, both free and for sale?
    You get this right.
  • Mustakettu85Mustakettu85 Posts: 2,933
    edited December 1969

OptiTex said:
    You get this right.

Awesome news! Thank you very much for investing your time and effort into the freebies =)

And just in case... will only the DAZ store items be updated, or the standalone Optitex store items, too?

• BurstAngelBurstAngel Posts: 761
    edited December 1969

CRY!! CRY!! CRY!!

Why does Arki and friends make me want to cry so BAD!!!!

First it was the SylphDress. Now I know there is a conforming one, but the dynamic looks 10 times better!
    http://www.runtimedna.com/The-SylphDress-Collection-BUNDLE-for-V4.html

I accepted the fact that it won't work in DAZ, so I walked away from it.

But now Arki broke ME!!! The dress of my angelic dream has arrived, Angeloi. BUT THE OVER DRESS AND SLEEVES ARE POSER DYNAMIC!!!!
    http://www.runtimedna.com/Angeloi-the-Outfit.html

CRY! CRY!

Help me Martin, YOU ARE MY ONLY HOPE! Could you talk to Arki about making some DAZ Dynamic add-ons?

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,139
    edited September 2012

Yes, this is what pisses me off the most about the direction that dynamics have gone in DAZ Studio. It didn't have to be this way but for what ever reason DAZ took this position and more and more gorgeous dynamic stuff for Poser is out there with textures that are just stunning. Thank the Goddess that the Angelic set only has dynamic sleeves and an over skirt so it's not a total loss. The wings and the wing armor is just .... crazy good. I put most things for this theme in the cart. I'll have to see how my funds are after banking today....

PS: Martin, my comment above is in no way aimed at you. Many of us just feel cheated with no way to drape obj based things like what's available in Poser. Your stuff is appreciated and loved. THANKS! :-)

Post edited by RAMWolff on