New Daz-OptiTex Dynamic Clothes thread [Commercial]

Comments

• cwichuracwichura Posts: 1,042
    edited December 1969

The Santa's Helper outfit sold at the OptiTex store has stockings with garters in it. I've used them a few times.

• OptiTex_1206374OptiTex_1206374 Posts: 56
    edited December 1969

DanaTA said:
    OptiTex said:
    I rigged the same freebie loincloth on genesis this is the download link https://s3.amazonaws.com/dynamicfree/LoinclothGenesis.zip when you guy's can test this that would be great, it must be also possible to use the old textures on it with one click.

Will this go up in the freebie section on http://www.optitex-dynamiccloth.com when you are satisfied with the beta testing?

DanaMy idea is this; Lets test a lot of freebies together and see or it is working all properly, when that is the case I can make a plan to rigged all the existing Dynamic Clothes in the Daz store on Genesis and ask Daz or it is posible to give this to all the users as a kind of update and for new users it will be than with 2 options Genesis and V4, M4
    But first we have to test the existing freebies and when it is all working I have to ask Daz for permission.

• DogzDogz Posts: 896
    edited December 1969

I love all the OptiTex stuff, but i really need to upgrade beofre I touch it again, I tried some of their pillows a while ago and I nearly died of old age while waiting for my ancient core duo to do its thing.

• RhaleRhale Posts: 77
    edited December 1969

old-dog said:
    Stockings

Something Thigh-High or with Garters.

PLEASE - There is no way to get the current (non-dynamic) offerings to fit, and stay fit, in any realistic way, on any modified, stretched, bent, muscled, morphed or manipulated leg.

There would be 3 ways to make this work I imagine.

1. Use a reversed gravity field so they do not fall down.
    2. Use a garter belt (which can be hidden) to hold them up
    3. Use a panel at the top with high Friction to hold them up.

I can guarantee only that *I* would buy them... but I think I am not the only one who wants 'em.

Thanks

+1 right here :-)

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,139
    edited September 2012

A question.... seeing how this is slowly getting more Genesis love.... I might be interested but .... how does things work when scaled. Say you have a Genesis character that's smaller, child, dwarf, fairy..... what happens with that? Is that one of the draw backs currently?

PS: The new God capes are really hot, lovely, super! :P

Post edited by RAMWolff on
  • MatTwasselMatTwassel Posts: 6
    edited December 1969

You can give your wishes, ideas and comments in this thread

I've enjoyed using a lot of the Opti-Tex clothes, but I also find using them frustrating at times. What is needed is a way to better adjust the fit manually prior to draping and also a way to effectively pin and drag.

Consider the case of a simple towel. First of all, I don't believe there is one. Second, if there were, we need a way to fit it using pins and drags.

Besides the towel I'd like a blanket and some bed sheets.

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,296
    edited December 1969

OptiTex said:
    DanaTA said:
    OptiTex said:
    I rigged the same freebie loincloth on genesis this is the download link https://s3.amazonaws.com/dynamicfree/LoinclothGenesis.zip when you guy's can test this that would be great, it must be also possible to use the old textures on it with one click.

Will this go up in the freebie section on http://www.optitex-dynamiccloth.com when you are satisfied with the beta testing?

Dana

My idea is this; Lets test a lot of freebies together and see or it is working all properly, when that is the case I can make a plan to rigged all the existing Dynamic Clothes in the Daz store on Genesis and ask Daz or it is posible to give this to all the users as a kind of update and for new users it will be than with 2 options Genesis and V4, M4
    But first we have to test the existing freebies and when it is all working I have to ask Daz for permission.

WOW thats very nice to hear.
    Thank you

• WilmapWilmap Posts: 2,917
    edited December 1969

There are some dynamic sheets in the shop. They can be used for bed sheest or anything at all.

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/dynamic-sheets

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

OptiTex said:
    Its very mixed here at daz lol, half of us are obsessed with genesis (Including myself) while the other half (often poser users) refuse to move to genesis and remain with the generation 4.

I have checked out your website, heaps of Items I love!! But again, I'm a genesis supporter. Recently I downloaded your M4 and V4 loincloth, as I'm right into tribal renders at the moment... Love it, but the only way i could get it to work with my genesis character was to have a similar shaped/scaled M4 (Who I set invisible) posed him accurately the same as my genesis character, then loaded the loincloth and draped it. Such a method notably has a low success rate. I cant get it to work on any smaller/younger Genesis character or on any more detailed poses.

It would be Heaps usefull to me if it were genesis supported! ;-P

Render below.

this did not work for me in DS 4.5 - .114

• 3d-username3d-username Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

https://s3.amazonaws.com/dynamicfree/LoinclothGenesis.zip
    worked for me on v5, studio 4.5.

it would be great if the entire optitex store was in the PA one day 50% off sale... and i would purchase more items if i knew there was a genesis version was in the works for a later free download.

i can get most of the older items to work on the genesis v4 shape but really like the genesis rigged items.

i would also like to see dynamic genesis hair or the v5 pony made dynamic.

• CathyMCathyM Posts: 261
    edited September 2012

Hi Martin! Thanks so much for taking the time to try to fix these for Genesis - I would be happy to try and test them for you, I'm just starting out in dynamic clothing though so I am not entirely sure I'm doing them right.

I am using Daz Studio 4.5 Pro, the loin cloth worked just fine for me on Michael 5.

I have the flaired dress, on the left is Victoria 4.2, and on the right is Genesis. The material from the Victoria 4.2 dress worked fine on the Genesis model. There is a little wrinkling at the top left side (her left side) of the Genesis dress - not too bad. Both dresses seem to hang the same at the bottom.

I couldn't get either model to sit nicely though, the dresses were splitting apart at the knee, but I am sure that's probably something I'm doing wrong. I posed these with single frame, not animation. (I haven't really tried much animation.) I hope that was helpful to you. Thanks again for doing this! I would love to see the dynamic clothing that's available in the store also available for Genesis. -Cathy
    (edited to add 2nd picture to show front of dresses a little better)

My_Tarzan_2.jpg
    800 x 500 - 130K
    My_Tarzan.jpg
    800 x 500 - 119K
    Post edited by CathyM on
  • RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 3,037
    edited December 1969

Looking forward to more stuff! Love the capes!

Nice to meet you, Martin!

• ThespiSisThespiSis Posts: 118
    edited December 1969

Ikyoto said:
    Towels. Male and female towels that are essentially cloth tubes that wrap around the chest or hips and have a slit in the side where they over lap. Something like http://www.daz3d.com/shop/v4-towel-set

A version for men and women would be something I'd buy right off.

I've got those in the works. :)

• ThespiSisThespiSis Posts: 118
    edited September 2012

You can give your wishes, ideas and comments in this thread

I've enjoyed using a lot of the Opti-Tex clothes, but I also find using them frustrating at times. What is needed is a way to better adjust the fit manually prior to draping and also a way to effectively pin and drag.

Consider the case of a simple towel. First of all, I don't believe there is one. Second, if there were, we need a way to fit it using pins and drags.

Besides the towel I'd like a blanket and some bed sheets.

Towels will be already fitted. There will be matching shaders so you can create images of them dropped on the ground with, say, the controllable dynamic shapes.

It's going to be a bit, though, since it's still in the beginning stages of production. They're coming, though. :)

Post edited by ThespiSis on
  • zigraphixzigraphix Posts: 2,787
    edited December 1969

RAMWolff said:
    A question.... seeing how this is slowly getting more Genesis love.... I might be interested but .... how does things work when scaled. Say you have a Genesis character that's smaller, child, dwarf, fairy..... what happens with that? Is that one of the draw backs currently?

Unfortunately, if you shrink something, during the drape it goes back to its original size. You have to enlarge the child, dwarf, fairy, etc. instead.

I wish this worked differently. I wish scaling and morphs could be taken into account before the drape starts. But Martin can't do anything about that. :(

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,139
    edited December 1969

Thanks Zig. I was afraid of that!

• Tempest!Tempest! Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

cwichura said:
    The Santa's Helper outfit sold at the OptiTex store has stockings with garters in it. I've used them a few times.

The Betty Page set sold at Martin's store has two different kinds, with and without panties. I can highly recommend the bundle (http://www.optitex-dynamiccloth.com/Store021.php) if you need undies for Vicky. Great money's worth, particularly since it's on sale now.

Great to have you back, Martin!. :) Thanks for the latest freebies on the site, very useful.

Personally I'm vouching for Gen4 (please keep creating them with DS3 like you did with the football uniform) and contemporary clothing.

Just as suggestions for items that I would find useful, and possibly other people too... I'd like to see a (business) suit set for M4: A jacket/blazer and straight pants with open and closed options for both. Appropriate shirts you already have for sale. Id buy that set.

Another useful item could be a generic contemporary uniform (shirt with shoulder loops and pants to go with it) that could be used for cops, guards, soldiers, boy scouts etc. by just changing the colors. If the insignia (like tokens (?), shoulder patches & others) were on materials that could be hidden (or they could be just textured too, when more practical). Something like these:
    http://mswiley2508.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/orlando-bloom-police-officer-01.jpg
    http://www.venturingbsa.com/venturing.d/venturing.uniform.html (dude on the right, though long sleeves would be more versatile)
    http://www.temp.83rdthunderbolt.org/images/uniforms/basicUniform_web.jpg

Separate garments for the shirt and pants, open and closed versions. The pants could have straight version and another to use with combat boots. You could use the items separately for all sorts of rocker, skinhead, punk looks too.

• Tempest!Tempest! Posts: 0
    edited September 2012

BTW You can use the Berlin Skirt freebie (http://www.optitex-dynamiccloth.com/FreebieDownload09.php) as a decent wrapped around towel if you parent it to the chest and hide couple of the "belt" surfaces. It's not without its limitations but better than nothing until something better (read: ThespiSis' set) comes along.

Below the skirt parented to (slightly scaled down) Vicky's chest, couple of surfaces hidden, applied a furry shader preset, did an animated drape.

berlin_towel.jpg
    640 x 640 - 44K
    Post edited by Tempest! on
  • SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited December 1969

RAMWolff said:

PS: The new God capes are really hot, lovely, super! :P

@ Martin for OptiTex

I would like to ask the same question as Ramwolff.

I continued to play with the loincloth on a number of characters... But the younger one (Who I attached a quick render of earlier) with a bit of 'basic child' dialled in him and full scale down to about 85%... I noticed in standing poses (Mostly) that the clothing item moves alot - more specifically, It tends to slide down his torso to a low height and doesn't like to stay where it's supposed to, like in the recent renders added since in this thread (Who are fully adult scale).

What I have been doing, is loading the character, Loading the loincloth, checking fit to genesis, opening default dynamic clothing dialog box, selecting clothing, pressing drape (In some cases 3-4 times, as it wont fully drape in 1-2 times)

Have I forgotten to do something, Or done something wrong? And is there a way around this?

FYI- I have been using the default Dynamic clothing box on Daz 4.5Pro on PC.

edited September 2012

zigraphix said:
    RAMWolff said:

Unfortunately, if you shrink something, during the drape it goes back to its original size. You have to enlarge the child, dwarf, fairy, etc. instead.

I wish this worked differently. I wish scaling and morphs could be taken into account before the drape starts. But Martin can't do anything about that. :(

Oh I get you... Does that mean arfter all the morphs have been applied to a character, it is required you change the "Full Scale" to 100%???

Post edited by SpyroRue on
    edited December 1969

zigraphix said:
    RAMWolff said:

Oh I get you... Does that mean arfter all the morphs have been applied to a character, it is required you change the "Full Scale" to 100%???

You're right Zig!, I tried it out with all the morphs loaded, except I set his full scale to 100%... I worked straight away in one drape click! And isnt insanely low on the character. Thanks you :)

edited September 2012

New freebie for testing pencil skirt for genesis also here you can use the texture from the V4 pencil skirt with one click, let me know or this is working to https://s3.amazonaws.com/dynamicfree/PencilSkirtGenesis.zip :question:

Post edited by OptiTex_1206374 on
    edited December 1969

Lol, you're on fire Martin! Thanks :)

edited December 1969
    edited December 1969

My final test of the Dynamic Loincloth...

Works exceptionally well when the character is at Full Scale 100%

Loincloth-TribalBoy_Test2_MF.jpg
    805 x 2000 - 416K
  • ReDaveReDave Posts: 815
    edited December 1969

OptiTex said:
    ReDave said:
    Oh, great to see you back!!!
    Nice to see you again I still like your screen picture a lot !
    LOL thanks!

I tried the three freebies (Win Vista 32 bits, free dynamic plug-in, DS 4.5.0.114), and they work fine on Genesis, however the flared dress has the sleeves hanging down after a static drape, they do not seem to take the rig (assuming there is a rig).

FlaredDress_Draped_sleevesProblem.png
    898 x 599 - 72K
    edited December 1969

ReDave said:
    OptiTex said:
    ReDave said:
    Oh, great to see you back!!!
    Nice to see you again I still like your screen picture a lot !

LOL thanks!

I tried the three freebies (Win Vista 32 bits, free dynamic plug-in, DS 4.5.0.114), and they work fine on Genesis, however the flared dress has the sleeves hanging down after a static drape, they do not seem to take the rig (assuming there is a rig). Ok good work! I will check this.

• DigitalrdwDigitalrdw Posts: 87
    edited December 1969

Thanks Martin for all the work.
    These products are great.

• BurstAngelBurstAngel Posts: 761
    edited December 1969

Hi Martin, got a specific request for you.

I would like to have an iconic Diane Von Furstenberg wrap dress for Genesis/V4/V5/SP4/SP5. Its a timless outfit that can work on vintage and modern settings, especailly if you can change out the sleeves and collars, plus the length of the dress.

for Sleeves- Long, 3/4, short and sleeveless. Bell, kimono style and flared long sleeve.
    for Collar- no collar, small collar and a big collar (ala 1970)
    for Length- ankle, shin. knee, mid thigh and mini.

Can you please, please make this?

• CathyMCathyM Posts: 261
    edited December 1969

Hi Martin! Thanks for the Chef's Apron and the Pencil Skirt - I've tried them on Genesis - from left to right: V5, S5, S5 Model, S5 Curvy, V5 Model - Both seem successful to different degrees depending on which figure is used - I think all in all they are great! Thanks!
    - Cathy

Chefs_Apron.jpg
    800 x 500 - 131K
    Pencil_Skirt_Testing.jpg
    800 x 500 - 108K