New Daz-OptiTex Dynamic Clothes thread [Commercial]

Comments

• KhoryKhory Posts: 3,854
    edited December 1969

Yes, that would be more than a little irritating.

• kenmokenmo Posts: 893
    edited December 1969

Sorry if this has been asked before but how do you make dynamic clothing fit to genesis?

If there is an how to or another thread elsewhere I would posting the link....

Again many thanks....

• SimonWMSimonWM Posts: 924
    edited December 1969

kenmo said:
    Sorry if this has been asked before but how do you make dynamic clothing fit to genesis?

If there is an how to or another thread elsewhere I would posting the link....

Again many thanks....

I posted a how to in the old forums: http://forumarchive.daz3d.com/viewtopic.php?t=174408&highlight;=

• DisparateDreamerDisparateDreamer Posts: 2,486
    edited December 1969

arki and Martin- that dress that arki made at RDNA, i also wished it was a Daz dynamic. If it gets made dynamic you have a buyer from me. I love arki's stuff but always wanted Dynamic. :)

Thanks martin for your hard work :)

• edited December 1969

It appears to me that the difference between V4 and Genesis is that V$ is rubbish for very tight fitting clothes (unless you haver endless patience at playing with morphs) whilst Genesis is rubbish with loose fitting clothes, in particular long dresses and skirts (even with lots of morphs they never work that well).

As I mostly use Genesis the things I would really like are the things that conforming cannot really do well:

Long and tight "Hollywood glamour" dress flared at the bottom and reaching the floor
    Asymmetrical ruffled salsa-type dress or skirt
    Women's blouse with morphs of fully buttoned, part unbuttoned (to cleavage) and open
    Wide gown (like the dress in the Santa's Helpers set but floor length)

And probably too difficult to justify:

Realistic sari
    Realistic Roman toga

edited December 1969

Long and tight “Hollywood glamour” dress flared at the bottom and reaching the floor

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/red-carpet-evening-gown-for-ds
    http://www.daz3d.com/shop/dress-of-your-dreams

Wide gown (like the dress in the Santa’s Helpers set but floor length)

I really wanted to do a large circle skirt but the reality is that with there being so much fabric it is impossible to work with. No matter what I tried the cloth self intersects.

• OdaaOdaa Posts: 1,548
    edited September 2012

Finally bought the dynamic Egyptian dress. It is fun!

NefertitiDynamic.png
    1024 x 1448 - 2M
    Post edited by Odaa on
  • OdaaOdaa Posts: 1,548
    edited December 1969

Also played around with Linda Hair a bit back.

flapper.png
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
  • edited December 1969

Khory said:
    Long and tight “Hollywood glamour” dress flared at the bottom and reaching the floor

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/red-carpet-evening-gown-for-ds
    http://www.daz3d.com/shop/dress-of-your-dreams

I have the former; I was thinking a more extreme version very tight almost to the floor and then very flared with the bottom draping on the ground. There is a poser one like that (sorry, can't remember the name) which is shown with a latex mat.

Wide gown (like the dress in the Santa’s Helpers set but floor length)

I really wanted to do a large circle skirt but the reality is that with there being so much fabric it is impossible to work with. No matter what I tried the cloth self intersects.

That's a shame

• cridgitcridgit Posts: 1,757
    edited May 2022

Redacted

Post edited by cridgit on
  • WillowRavenWillowRaven Posts: 3,724
    edited December 1969

I just bought the dancer outfit and don't know how to 'point' the skirt. Any help?

edited December 1969

What about using one of those Victorian fishbone frames to keep the skirt out a little? The frame doesn’t need to be 2m wide, but just enough to help the fabric settle.

I tried setting up a forum under it several times. One the shape of a traditional hoop gives you flat folds, one that already has the folds in it prevents it from having any movement. You really have no idea how badly I wanted it to work. I've tried everything I could to sort out full skirts.

edited December 1969

I just bought the dancer outfit and don’t know how to ‘point’ the skirt. Any help?

I'm not sure what you mean by point.

• DollyGirlDollyGirl Posts: 2,645
    edited December 1969

Khory said:
    What about using one of those Victorian fishbone frames to keep the skirt out a little? The frame doesn’t need to be 2m wide, but just enough to help the fabric settle.

I tried setting up a forum under it several times. One the shape of a traditional hoop gives you flat folds, one that already has the folds in it prevents it from having any movement. You really have no idea how badly I wanted it to work. I've tried everything I could to sort out full skirts.

Not sure this will work but did you apply the cloth preset for say denim on the skirt with the form under it. The presets are free on the Optitex site.
    http://www.optitex-dynamiccloth.com/FreebieDownload04.php

edited December 1969

I tried all sorts of settings. I really wanted this to work more than you know. The reality is that if you want to use it in any sort of dynamic manner it just doesn't corporate.

• DollyGirlDollyGirl Posts: 2,645
    edited December 1969

Khory said:
    I tried all sorts of settings. I really wanted this to work more than you know. The reality is that if you want to use it in any sort of dynamic manner it just doesn't corporate.

To bad. :-/

edited December 1969

Khory said:
    I just bought the dancer outfit and don’t know how to ‘point’ the skirt. Any help?

I'm not sure what you mean by point.

The outfit's top are 'fit to' objects. But the skirt and over skirt are not, they just offer 'point to'. The only thing that I've ever successfully been pointed at anything was the eyes.

edited December 1969

Point to is for things like getting the eyes to look at the camera etc. Skirts are not conforming in this set. The overskirt for example is too long to confrom and the mesh on the others broke when we tried them (if I remember correct).

Parent the skirt to the hip before draping. The over skirt absolutly has to have a timeline drape because of how much fabric there is.

edited December 1969

Khory said:
    Point to is for things like getting the eyes to look at the camera etc. Skirts are not conforming in this set. The overskirt for example is too long to confrom and the mesh on the others broke when we tried them (if I remember correct).

Parent the skirt to the hip before draping. The over skirt absolutly has to have a timeline drape because of how much fabric there is.

Yeah, I had already anticipated doing an animated drape. I figured out that I had to just parent to hip, but I can't get the skirt to stay on her during the drape. And I go to set the friction, and there are no dials/sliders.

Do I need to re-install the dynamic controller, or something?

edited December 1969

Do I need to re-install the dynamic controller, or something?

Sounds like it. Also be sure that you have the skirt to collide against v4. Once it is parented it will be in the drop down as "part" of her.

• cwichuracwichura Posts: 1,042
    edited December 1969

Another cause of dynamics falling through figures is subdivision. Especially at 2 or more levels, since the faces become so tiny, the dynamics fail their collision test with them. If the figure has subdivision enabled, setting it to base resolution in its general parameters before doing the drape helps prevent the dynamics from falling through.

• ThespiSisThespiSis Posts: 118
    edited December 1969

siluria said:

I have the former; I was thinking a more extreme version very tight almost to the floor and then very flared with the bottom draping on the ground. There is a poser one like that (sorry, can't remember the name) which is shown with a latex mat.

For the Red Carpet Evening Gown, if you use a curvier model or increase the Shrink X and Shrink Y settings (preferably with an animated drape), you can get a tighter fit up to the flare. Attached is an image of the gown on a fully figure. I increased the flare by pushing the internal pressure up to 10.00 for one drape and then decreased the pressure back to 5.00 for another to soften the drape a bit.

gowntest.jpg
    500 x 707 - 132K
    edited December 1969

OK ... I've tried re-installing my dynamic control. One file installs fine while the other tells me it can't find it and exits. Now what? Nothing shows the dials in the panels area for me to adjust anything, like friction or shrinkage, so the drapes are simply sliding through the shoulders to the floor.

edited December 1969

Did you reinstall from a saved file you had or the current (for 4.5) one? And something sliding through the shoulders sounds like collision issue. Down over them would be friction/pose.

• RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 3,037
    edited December 1969

Okay, I am new to dynamic clothing and, as such, I have a basic question.

If it is dynamic, this means it is not conforming so once it has been made dynamic, changing the the basic shape of Genesis is a no-no, correct? Is there a work-around for that?

• ThespiSisThespiSis Posts: 118
    edited December 1969

RKane_1 said:

If it is dynamic, this means it is not conforming so once it has been made dynamic, changing the the basic shape of Genesis is a no-no, correct? Is there a work-around for that?

Yes and no. The item won't change sizes to match the changes you make to Genesis. However, by playing with the fabric settings and using animated drape, you can still get the items to fit a range of sizes. The image I posted last night of the Evening Gown was made to fit V4 and V4 for Genesis. However, for that image, I've used a morph of V4 that's rather fuller figured than the basic V4. And in this image, I've managed to get it to fit V5 (at the default 95%), with her trimmer, more petite figure and smaller chest than V4 by adjusting the shrink settings and using animated drape.

I've seen some pretty extreme changes that still worked (and have done some of my own since I like to use fuller figured characters). You just have to be willing to experiment.

V5GownTest.jpg
    565 x 799 - 83K
  • RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 3,037
    edited December 1969

Okay, cool. Do you have like an elasticity setting? Is there a good tutorial around for things such as this?

• Knight22179Knight22179 Posts: 1,194
    edited December 1969

And these are the reasons why I won't touch dynamic clothing. Way too many hoops to go through just to make them work. 8-/

• zigraphixzigraphix Posts: 2,787
    edited December 1969

RKane_1 said:

Dynamic clothes in DS are different than in software with a full cloth simulator. They are sort of a hybrid-- they are conforming, so you can pose the figure, then you run the drape to get the clothes to fit better around the figure and drape correctly. It's a very clever idea-- I just wish it had a way to import other models. :( But in any case, if you change the shape of Genesis, as long as the shape can still fit inside the clothes, the simulator will try to make it happen next time you run the drape.

edited December 1969

And these are the reasons why I won't touch dynamic clothing. Way too many hoops to go through just to make them work. 8-/

I don't know what to do if I lose my dynamics ... lol. They add so much more realism to any pose or scene. Which is why it driving me nuts right now ... lol. It's not acting right.

Now I have the adjustment dials, but the skirts won't move or parent.