New Daz-OptiTex Dynamic Clothes thread [Commercial]

Comments

• KhoryKhory Posts: 3,854
    edited December 1969

You should have two serial numbers. One will match the beginning letters of 4.5 and is the newer version.

I understand you feel crushed for time. But I also know that hundreds of content creators work just as many hours and are just as crushed for time but make time to learn software they need. Every single person who has done a 4.0 or 4.5 product had to learn to use it and learn to make content for it without delaying production because that is where the money comes from. And yes most of them work long days, seven days a week without vacations before you add on the learning curve for evolving software.

• Faeryl WomynFaeryl Womyn Posts: 3,196
    edited December 1969

Maybe refresh or clear cookies to see your serial.

• BWSmanBWSman Posts: 0
    edited November 2012

When you copied & pasted; did you make sure there were no spaces before or after the serial #? A blank space at the beginning or end will cause that error.

Post edited by BWSman on
    edited December 1969

Pretty sure the correct SN will begin with SDZDCCT

• WillowRavenWillowRaven Posts: 3,724
    edited December 1969

Khory said:
    You should have two serial numbers. One will match the beginning letters of 4.5 and is the newer version.

I understand you feel crushed for time. But I also know that hundreds of content creators work just as many hours and are just as crushed for time but make time to learn software they need. Every single person who has done a 4.0 or 4.5 product had to learn to use it and learn to make content for it without delaying production because that is where the money comes from. And yes most of them work long days, seven days a week without vacations before you add on the learning curve for evolving software.

Nope ... This is all I have for the clothing control serial number options:

|Dynamic Control Studio3.X| SDZDCCT-010-?????-WQN-001-???????
    |Dynamic Control Studio2.X| DC10CRD-?????-???????

(question marks on purpose)

And nothing is wrong with my DS3, therefore, the upgrade is not required.

What's wrong is my clothing control is not available to me all of a sudden.

Prime example, I don't need CS5 to continue painting in Photoshop. I can continue to work in Photoshop 7 and continue to make money at it as long as I wish. Furthermore, Photoshop is not idiotic enough to completely change the platform making users uncomfortable with their supposed 'advancements' that are not useful to you in any way. When I finally upgraded to CS5, I did not need to re-learn PS and all of my existing PS files actually open and work and are where they are supposed to be, unlike half of my runime.

Just because I am the only one honest and open about the subject does not make me the only person not happy about the way things have been handled the last couple of years.'

I don't want to learn CS4 because I need nothing from it ... that is until I am prevented from using my dynamics control. I don't like the platform, I don't like my produces missing, and genesis, although better than it was, looks like all of the characters are made of rubber prosthetics.

I am going through this aggravation purely because a DS3 product I bought is reset with DS4.5 files and my DS3 serial number refuses to be validated or recognized. And since Daz was evidently closed Thursday and Friday, I get to spend the week-end freaking out ... lol.

edited December 1969

Dynamic Control Studio3.X| SDZDCCT-010-?????-WQN-001-??????? this is my 4 sn
    |Dynamic Control Studio2.X| DC10CRD-?????-??????? 2 and 3 shared the same number if I recall correctly

edited December 1969

And nothing is wrong with my DS3, therefore, the upgrade is not required.

No one said it didn't work just that it is outdated. Mine still works perfectly though it is so dumbed down from 4 I don't open it very often.

edited December 1969

Khory said:
    Dynamic Control Studio3.X| SDZDCCT-010-?????-WQN-001-??????? this is my 4 sn
    |Dynamic Control Studio2.X| DC10CRD-?????-??????? 2 and 3 shared the same number if I recall correctly

Ok ... I will try the one titled Control 3.X ...

edited December 1969

OMG ... it's so slow!

And I hate the way the content folders are set up. Uck! Let's hope the control works ...

Looking in the plug in tab, I see DS4 has a 'basic' version with a serial number already in place, but neither one is mine from my account. Will it still do what I am used to it doing?

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

OMG ... it's so slow!

And I hate the way the content folders are set up. Uck! Let's hope the control works ...

Looking in the plug in tab, I see DS4 has a 'basic' version with a serial number already in place, but neither one is mine from my account. Will it still do what I am used to it doing?

DS 4.5 comes with the basic drape - if you want all of the controls try your sn .

edited December 1969

bigh said:
    OMG ... it's so slow!

DS 4.5 comes with the basic drape - if you want all of the controls try your sn .

I don't see an option as to where to put it ...

edited December 1969

And I hate the way the content folders are set up.

Then change them. They can go down the side or across the top. And can be moved in any order you like. My set up looks almost exactly like it did in the older versions except for a couple of addional ones folders to take advantage of new things.

• cwichuracwichura Posts: 1,042
    edited December 1969

DS4 comes with the basic version of the dynamic control for free. It will do drapes, but has many of the advanced options missing. As you own the plugin, you should do a reset and install the version you download to get the advanced version, which will also require your serial number.
  • mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

cwichura said:

DS4 comes with the basic version of the dynamic control for free. It will do drapes, but has many of the advanced options missing. As you own the plugin, you should do a reset and install the version you download to get the advanced version, which will also require your serial number.

I thought that 3 had 'basic' control in it...at least the ability to run a drape...

edited December 1969

DS3 & DS4 "basic" both come with the bare bones dynamic control that just do draping. They always have.

edited December 1969

I give up for the night ... I have dynamic clothing control ... it just doesn't want to work right now and DS4 has shut down on me three times, now. And no, DS3 didn't come with dynamic control. That's why I bought it.

GN

Thanks to all who've been helping.

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

bigh said:
    OMG ... it's so slow!

I don't see an option as to where to put it ...

you enter it in the plugin space for it

• DisparateDreamerDisparateDreamer Posts: 2,486
    edited December 1969

what version of DS4 does this work with?

I'm running DS4.5.0.114. I've reinstalled dynamic plugin.

but all the dynamic clothes load a rig and nothing else, nothing is visible. I haven't used dynamics since DS4 came out!! :(

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

DS 4.5.1.6

• SimonWMSimonWM Posts: 924
    edited December 1969

what version of DS4 does this work with?

I'm running DS4.5.0.114. I've reinstalled dynamic plugin.

but all the dynamic clothes load a rig and nothing else, nothing is visible. I haven't used dynamics since DS4 came out!! :(

Belovedalia, I'm running the same version and my plugin version has a .114 too. In DAZ Studio 4 I think you need your plugin version number to match your Studio version number.

Dynamics.jpg
    611 x 800 - 217K
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 95,997
    edited December 1969

SimonWM said:
    In DAZ Studio 4 I think you need your plugin version number to match your Studio version number.

That was true, but with the official release of 4.5 the SDK has been locked 9so far) and plugins haven't needed to be updated, though there have been updated versions of the DAZ plugins each time.

edited December 1969

well I downloaded the most recent version of the plugin and installed it but it didnt change anything. :( Doesn't work.

• SimonWMSimonWM Posts: 924
    edited December 1969

well I downloaded the most recent version of the plugin and installed it but it didnt change anything. :( Doesn't work.

If you don't want to upgrade DAZ Studio to the current version the latest version wouldn't work because like me you are running an older version of DAZ Studio that requires an older version of the plugin. If you check your "about plugins pop up window" in Studio like the one I posted above you will probably see a different version than mine for your clothing plugin.

I haven't upgraded yet because I've been too busy in production but I intend to do it asap and I've been told that the current version is more stable and I know of a couple of bugs I have (non-dynamic related) that they have squashed.

edited December 1969

i didn't upgrade to the most latest because it feels like i *JUST* updated everything... gosh darn it, it's really frustrating all these updates, it seems like something always breaks something else and i have to reinstall so much.... can't we just have a stable release like, once a year and not all the time??? *sigh*

will think about updating... I would love to be able to use the dynamic clothes again though it seems like store releases of dynamic clothes have REALLY slowed down..... :(

and I'm bummed that my computer virus/me loosing everything on desktop/getting a new computer meant that i lost a couple limited time release freebies from Optitex that were shared a while back.... :'(

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited November 2012

I prefer updates more often - I sure don't want to live with bugs for a full year for the next update.
    It often depends whether a bug hits you, because it is a part of the software you are using that is bugged. In that case you want an update - fast.
    If it is a bug that doesn't hit you, because it is part of something you don't use, you want updates less often.

As for your limited freebies - I am sorry!
    Did you try to contact Martin with a PM?
    (and buy an external harddrive to make backups ...)

Post edited by Kerya on
    edited December 1969

I have updated to version 4.5.1.6 of studio and my version of the plugin is 1.2.0.114 and everything works properly. Be sure that you have the correct SN in the plugin field.

edited December 1969

One piece of good news is that the core program has been separated from the content; so updating DS doesn't involve as large a download as it used to.

edited December 1969

Kerya said:
    I prefer updates more often - I sure don't want to live with bugs for a full year for the next update.
    It often depends whether a bug hits you, because it is a part of the software you are using that is bugged. In that case you want an update - fast.
    If it is a bug that doesn't hit you, because it is part of something you don't use, you want updates less often.

As for your limited freebies - I am sorry!
    Did you try to contact Martin with a PM?
    (and buy an external harddrive to make backups ...)

Well I DID have a backup, the problem is that it backed up the virus as well, so literally everything was affected. I had a much older backup, but lost everything in the few years :(
    Have been slowly hunting down things i had installed... mostly genesis stuff.....
    DId not ask martin, as it was a limited freebie.

edited December 1969

bother, I may have go reinstall all the dynamic clothing items. I upgraded to the most recent daz version 4.5.1.6, and reinstalled Dynamic clothing plugin (which is loading fine and has the serial code and all).

it's still not loading the clothing, it gives an error every time. :( It appears like the folders for them are missing from my data folder. Bummer. So tired of endless reinstalls... just want to make pictures and not have to reinstall all the time! :(
    Also wish there was an easy "reset all dynamic clothing items button" so I don't have to dig through all of them to reset each one. Sigh.

• OdaaOdaa Posts: 1,548
    edited December 1969

bother, I may have go reinstall all the dynamic clothing items. I upgraded to the most recent daz version 4.5.1.6, and reinstalled Dynamic clothing plugin (which is loading fine and has the serial code and all).

it's still not loading the clothing, it gives an error every time. :( It appears like the folders for them are missing from my data folder. Bummer. So tired of endless reinstalls... just want to make pictures and not have to reinstall all the time! :(
    Also wish there was an easy "reset all dynamic clothing items button" so I don't have to dig through all of them to reset each one. Sigh.

I had a similar problem, which I think involved a corrupted download of DS4.5. Ultimately I had to uninstall DS4.5, re-download it, and reinstall it.

All Optitex dynamics start their names with the word "Dynamic", so you need to go to your itemized history, which lists the items you've bought in alphabetical order. Set it to display fifty items per page, then skip from page to page til you find the items whose names start with Dy-. hit the "reset downloads" button at right.

Aidana's problems are why I prefer to start a new directory and content/runtime folder for each major version of DS, rather than overwrite DS2 with DS3 and DS3 with DS4.5. You can get the newer versions to recognize the content directories stored with the older version, so there's no need to mess up previously working content set up for your older versions.