New Daz-OptiTex Dynamic Clothes thread [Commercial]

Comments

• SimonWMSimonWM Posts: 924
    edited December 1969

Can I see a screenshot of your clothing panel?

• cridgitcridgit Posts: 1,757
    edited May 2022

Redacted

Post edited by cridgit on
    edited December 1969

Your dynamic cloth is not being fitted to your Genesis figure, that's your problem. In your Parameters tab under "all" select the Fit to Genesis. Then go back to frame 1 and on your Dynamic Clothing tab press the Drape button and it should work fine. You might want to press the "Restore defaults" button on Parameters too.

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,300
    edited October 2012

I'm working in DS 4.5.0.137 and when I load in a dynamic clothing item theres nothing there, is Dynamics broken in this version?

Got it sorted the version of the dynamic plugin I had installed was the wrong one.

Post edited by scorpio on
    edited December 1969

I'm working in DS 4.5.0.137 and when I load in a dynamic clothing item theres nothing there, is Dynamics broken in this version?

Got it sorted the version of the dynamic plugin I had installed was the wrong one.

You need to reset your downloads of the clothing control and reinstall the latest version, that will fix it.

edited October 2012

SimonWM said:

You need to reset your downloads of the clothing control and reinstall the latest version, that will fix it.

Thanks but actually that didn't fix it. The latest download is for a newer version than the one I'm running, I had to find an older one (not much older) I had backed up.

Post edited by scorpio on
    edited May 2022

Redacted

edited May 2022

Redacted

• KhoryKhory Posts: 3,854
    edited December 1969

I've been using them extensivly in the release version. I can test the beta later tonight once I get it installed on the new laptop.

• RenpatsuRenpatsu Posts: 828
    edited December 1969

cridgit said:
    So does anybody have dynamics working in 4.5?

I am not sure if animated drape was possible with aniBlocks before (I actually never did it this way, but used regular keyframes), but if it was, then the animated drape is somewhat bugged it seems. The animated drape won't work with aniBlocks here. It does work with regular Daz Studio keyframes though.

That is with Daz Studio 4.1.5.6 on Mac Os X with aniMate 2 version 2.0.4.1.

edited October 2012

cridgit said:
    So does anybody have dynamics working in 4.5?

Sorry I've not been able to respond until now, been swamped. Yes, I've been working with 4.5 for awhile now. But I see you are trying to use aniblocks. Did you bake the aniblocks to Studio keyframes before running your simulation? If you don't do that then the dynamics won't work.

bake.jpg
    569 x 254 - 44K
    Post edited by SimonWM on
    edited May 2022

Redacted

• ManStanManStan Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Now if I could just get that from studio to carrara; like I used to be able to do before studio 4, I'd be happy.

• Faeryl WomynFaeryl Womyn Posts: 3,209
    edited December 1969

Something I would love to see if a free dynamic cape, I have seen many, very well made one's, for poser, but not daz. All the one's I have seen for daz and pay for capes. One in particular I have always loved the look of is a rather full cap (in short it's huge) that was made free for poser and have been waiting for someone to make it conforming or daz compatible...so far no luck and it's been years. You can view it in the free section at renderosity...

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/details.php?item_id=28171

• ThespiSisThespiSis Posts: 118
    edited December 1969

CalieVee said:
    Something I would love to see if a free dynamic cape, I have seen many, very well made one's, for poser, but not daz. All the one's I have seen for daz and pay for capes. One in particular I have always loved the look of is a rather full cap (in short it's huge) that was made free for poser and have been waiting for someone to make it conforming or daz compatible...so far no luck and it's been years. You can view it in the free section at renderosity...

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/details.php?item_id=28171

That's almost exactly like one of the four styles of my Controllable Dynamic Cloak, here at Daz. It's not free, but it's not expensive considering you get four styles and a great number of fabrics and colors.

• Faeryl WomynFaeryl Womyn Posts: 3,209
    edited December 1969

I think I know which one you mean...do you have a link to it just to be sure we are thinking about the same one?

• ThespiSisThespiSis Posts: 118
    edited November 2012

CalieVee said:
    I think I know which one you mean...do you have a link to it just to be sure we are thinking about the same one?

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/controllable-dynamic-cloak-for-daz-studio

ridinghood.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 444K
    Post edited by ThespiSis on
  • 3Ddreamer3Ddreamer Posts: 1,276
    edited December 1969

vwrangler said:
    I don't know if this has already been asked -- this is a pretty long thread -- so apologies if I'm repeating something.

When you do the update for the dynamic kilt, would it be possible to both make it a bit longer and wider, or to toughen it somehow? One of the issues that I had, at least in using it with Genesis, is that it kept splitting up the front or the sides if the legs were apart.

I haven't been checking this thread for a while but I was going to ask about the Dynamic Kilt too before Real Life got in the way - I bought it a couple of months back thinking I could make other textures for it (pick a tartan) but the way it is set up it would take major tweaking to get it to look right, I did experiment. The tartan pattern breaks at the sides and where the folders join. A kilt is basically a long strip of material with pleats I have no idea how hard that would be to make in 3D/Dynamics, but if it could be done textures would be easy and I could dress my men properly for all occasions :-)

• WillowRavenWillowRaven Posts: 3,724
    edited December 1969

For some reason, my Dynamic Clothing Control serial number is no longer working. Can anybody give me any ideas as to why that would happen?

edited December 1969

Unless you have updated to 4 or higher I'm not sure. I know some people didn't use the newer number when they updated.

edited December 1969

Khory said:
    Unless you have updated to 4 or higher I'm not sure. I know some people didn't use the newer number when they updated.

No, I never updated. I am a DS3 fan over DS4 or 4.5. And a week ago it was working after a hard drive replacement, but I think my '30 days' is up from my re-installations. So I went to do a drape, and the Dynamic Control is no longer available to me in my "view' tab.

I went to re-set the product, but the reset only provided my with DS4.5 files, no DS3 files. Well, that doesn't help me :(

So, I was thinking maybe my 30 days was up, so I went to see if maybe I needed to plug in my serial number again or something. It lists as disabled, so I copy/pasted my serial number from my account into the 'register plug-ins' area, and it's giving me a 'The following plug-ins failed to register' error.

Ideas?

edited December 1969

You may need to contact customer service for a legacy version of the plugin.

edited December 1969

Khory said:
    You may need to contact customer service for a legacy version of the plugin.

There goes another deadline ... why can't it be like every other reset product and be the product files I paid for? I've been fighting this since early Wednesday. I tried calling Daz both Thursday and Friday with no answer.

I am not going to be pleased if my client demands her money back. All I need to do is one little drape, for goodness sake.

edited December 1969

Because it is no longer the supported version and people like me who updated a year ago don't want the old files cluttering up our downloads?

edited December 1969

Khory said:
    Because it is no longer the supported version and people like me who updated a year ago don't want the old files cluttering up our downloads?

I see. So I don't get the product I paid for because it inconveniences people who didn't pay for what I paid for.

I am not the only professional who does not like the newer versions of DS. And, if all of the other older products that have been updated continue to provide all versions, but inconveniencing my with all of the updated files or the mac files is perfectly acceptable and should not any me in any way ... lol.

But before I say something totally obnoxious ... I just want what I paid for and I want it to work without feeling pressured to switch to Poser. But it's looking more and more like I am being given little choice.

I have been a huge supporter of Daz Dynamics in many articles and on many websites and my bought for DS3 serial number doesn't work because I don't like DS4?

Ludicrous! And going to cost me $400 by Monday plus more all next week while I learn Poser!

edited December 1969

Daz said they weren't going to continue to support DS3 a while ago.
    As a proffessional who insists on remaining behind the upgrades I would have thought it would be prudent to back up unsupported software more than once.

When it comes to the Dynamic Clothing Control it is not free, those of us who have it paid for it, just like you.

If you contact support I'm sure they will help you but getting angry at the people on the forums isn't going to help anyone.

edited December 1969

Daz said they weren't going to continue to support DS3 a while ago.
    As a proffessional who insists on remaining behind the upgrades I would have thought it would be prudent to back up unsupported software more than once.

When it comes to the Dynamic Clothing Control it is not free, those of us who have it paid for it, just like you.

If you contact support I'm sure they will help you but getting angry at the people on the forums isn't going to help anyone.

I'm not angry at anyone in the forums. I am venting, though.

People in this forum are very supportive and helpful, and I truly do appreciate that.

And I am not asking Daz to support DS3, I am asking when I reset a product, that I get the files I paid for, just like I get all of the extra files both old and new for all of the other products I bought way back when.

As far as back-ups, my eternal HD back-up was damaged at the same time my computer was.

I just want what I paid for.

edited December 1969

What scorpio64dragon said. You have had Poser for a good while now and had ample opportunity to learn to use it in case the outdated version of studio was no longer up to your needs.

edited December 1969

Khory said:
    What scorpio64dragon said. You have had Poser for a good while now and had ample opportunity to learn to use it in case the outdated version of studio was no longer up to your needs.

I don't like it any more than DS4 ... lol. Ever time I open it, I end up closing i.

Besides, telling me I've had plenty of time to learn it is assuming I don't work 12-18 hours a day 7 days a work for a dozen publishers and hundreds of independent authors.

At least with Poser I don't need a plug-in that demands I upgrade just to use it when I paid for the prior version.

Why is it so offensive to people that I don't like DS4 and feel I get files I paid for?

edited December 1969

Out of desperation (not really in the mood to issue a $400 refund), I decided to install the Dynamic Control files for DS4.5. I figure I'll just use it to drape and do everything else I need (like being able to actually find everything in my runtime). Problem ... my serial number is for DS2 or DS3. There is no serial number listed in my account for DS4 or above.

Is this normal?